New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    ***Nor does it give you a synergy bonus to Perform(sing)
    ****A penalty to sing, however, is just fine
    *If my character was inspired by a Monty Python skit, I may safely assume he is vetoed.
    **This also goes for Saturday Night Live, the Muppets, and the Ed Sullivan Show.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

*Just because a pint of blood has no listed value does not mean I can use Eschew Materials to create a weredragon.
    **A were-werewolf is also out of the question.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

*I may not let this thread slide to other pages then the first...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

*There is no conceivable circumstance where fireballing the enemy is a valid strategy when you are both in a building containing thousands of precariously stacked vials of highly volatile liquids.
    **No. No amount of resistance to fire will protect you. When you re-roll your character, put some ranks in Knowledge (Architecture and Engineering).
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

*** Unless your intangiable/ethereal/have a contingiencied teleport set up/make the explosion big enough to vaporise said falling roof/have a burrow speed and thus be able to hide underground/Quickened teleport/have a freind with very high strength and size to hold up the roof/Only blowing up some of the supporting walls so the building collapses towards one direction thus leaving me unharmed/Wall of force under the roof so nothing actually falls on me/that spell that makes you immune to all damage for a time/Place a portable hole above your head as an umbrella/go inside the hole THEN teleport away/numerous other ways to survive such an eaisly survivable encounter

* May not point out to the DM all the ways that their "your character died" scenario wouldn't work actually kill the character in question

*Especially not when I'm the DM. it makes me feel bad

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

* I should feel extreme reservations if my AC can be boosted to nearly 40 at level 7, and my party members are hovering around 18 and 20.

* I should give it considerable thought before smashing an "evil being" that was recovered from an artic region. after detecting him as evil.

* I should give more thought to dissolving the resultant corpse with acid.

* while a logical process, I most likely shouldn't then dilute and evaporate said acid, thus completely obliterating about 90% of the DM's planned adventure.

...not that I managed all of those in one character or anything.
    it's a great story I think... even if I did wreck the game.

7. - Top - End - #457

SwashbucklerGuy

**** After a player points out all the ways to avoid the falling ceiling, may not then point out that none of those take into account all the shrapnel from the exploding containers of explosives.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

8. - Top - End - #458

BlueKnightGuy

**** After a player points out all the ways to avoid the falling ceiling, may not then point out that none of those take into account all the shrapnel from the exploding containers of explosives.
    save the intangibility, which remains option 1...

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

* I am no longer aloud to justify my LG Cleric's slaughtering of unarmed children as a "learning experience" or as an "example of what not to do" to the rest of the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

*I am no longer allowed to play a fighter who is clearly just an expy of GILGAMESH.
    **I will not insist that Gilgamesh be spelled with all capital letters.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Halfling in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

*I may no longer try and make candied beets into a form of currency.
    *I may no longer bully the DMPC child wizard into casting spells on me then getting upset that he dominates my character.
    *I may no longer make a Portal Gun as an Artificer.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    *** Unless your intangiable/ethereal/have a contingiencied teleport set up/make the explosion big enough to vaporise said falling roof/have a burrow speed and thus be able to hide underground/Quickened teleport/have a freind with very high strength and size to hold up the roof/Only blowing up some of the supporting walls so the building collapses towards one direction thus leaving me unharmed/Wall of force under the roof so nothing actually falls on me/that spell that makes you immune to all damage for a time/Place a portable hole above your head as an umbrella/go inside the hole THEN teleport away/numerous other ways to survive such an eaisly survivable encounter

* May not point out to the DM all the ways that their "your character died" scenario wouldn't work actually kill the character in question

*Especially not when I'm the DM. it makes me feel bad

Eh. Those all work, but the person in question was only level six and it was a setting where magic items were really uncommon.
    I managed to talk them out of it.

*Just because the common cat can theoretically defeat a level one commoner, does not mean your familiar can take levels as a cleric of Bastet after gaining sufficient experience.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Never humiliate the Psychic in front of the entire party.

Especially again at higher levels when I can shrug off most of the damage she does and she's still stuck sacrificing health just to attack.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

14. - Top - End - #464
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    Never humiliate the Psychic in front of the entire party.
    I will however feel free to humiliate HIM, if I am the girl. In order to invoke "Slap Slap Kiss".

Spoiler
    Show
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SlapSlapKiss

I am not allowed to create a build that involves me effectively playing 3 PC's.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer Leon View Post
    *I am no longer allowed to play a fighter who is clearly just an expy of GILGAMESH.
    **I will not insist that Gilgamesh be spelled with all capital letters.
    * My character may not announce himself with a special font.
    ** No matter what, I may not design a character specifically so that falling out of blimps is only a mild set-back.
    *** Being insane and disbelieving gravity is not a worth considering.

* Subsisting on a diet of bugs does not grant me super-strength.
    ** Nor does dying my skin green.
    *** Swearing fealty to omnicidal maniacs does not increase my chances of surviving human trials of a super serum.
    ** I am not allowed to challenge people to duels for their hats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

16. - Top - End - #466

SwashbucklerGuy

* I may not play a black-robed character who wields a scythe AND WHO SPEAKS IN A DIFFERENT, ALL CAPS, BOLDED FONT
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

* I may not play a black-robed character who wields a scythe AND WHO SPEAKS IN A DIFFERENT, ALL CAPS, BOLDED FONT
    **No, i may not play his daugter either
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    **No, i may not play his daugter either
    *** Any character related to an anthropomorphic representation of a fundamental constant of the universe, by blood or by law, is banned.

Dragons!

19. - Top - End - #469
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    *** Any character related to an anthropomorphic representation of a fundamental constant of the universe, by blood or by law, is banned.
    * Characters who chain primeval forces as sources of sight in darkness are not allowed.
    ** As are atheist constructs.
    *** Being lightning proof is no excuse to mouth off at the gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    *** Being lightning proof is no excuse to mouth off at the gods.
    ****Nor is being disintegrate-proof.
    I love SLASH'EM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    ****Nor is being disintegrate-proof.
    I love SLASH'EM.
    ****There is no such thing as being meteorite proof.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Titan in the Playground

Losing a Pokémon battle is not reason to kill the two kids I and my friend lost to and burn their bodies.

- Not even if they were really annoying.

- Only the DM may abuse the Pass keyword while having a high Burrow speed.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

23. - Top - End - #473
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

*No longer allowed to play as a minotaur hell bent on freeing the cattle from their human oppressors.

** seriously do you know how many cattle there are in this setting?

*The entire party being trapped in an ooze does not make it technically jelly wrestling

**we cant eat out way out

*** we cannot use the jelly as a vehicle to chase the one party member who got out.

****We actually cant because the dm starts laughing too hard to actually DM.
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

*After being reduced to a pulpy mass, the PCs may not scoop the remains of another PC into a chamber pot in the hopes of eventually getting a True Resurrection spell sometime in the distant future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    *After being reduced to a pulpy mass, the PCs may not scoop the remains of another PC into a chamber pot in the hopes of eventually getting a True Resurrection spell sometime in the distant future.
    Actually, if they get True Resurrection, they don't need the body.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #476
    Banned

* Even if our alignment doesn't have to match our deity's. I'm not allowed to play a lawful good follower of Thed. (Goddess of Rape).

27. - Top - End - #477
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    But of course, you don't even need a prestige class if you're an elven generalist domain wizard with a certain pair of feats, casting 9th level spells from level 1...
    *May not say things like this without telling us what the feats in question are called.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    *May not say things like this without telling us what the feats in question are called.
    Versatile Magic and Additional Spell Slot.

*I may not use one feat to qualify for Rainbow Servant at first level, thus going into it at second, hitting its awesome capstone at 11.
    Eldritch Corruption

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Actually, if they get True Resurrection, they don't need the body.
    Wrong spell, then. I've never played a cleric, you see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Yeah you were just thinking normal res. True res is higher level and I think costs more in components. It will bring you back from pretty much anything but being unnamed.
    Most people see a half orc and and think barbarian warrior. Me on the other hand? I think secondary trap handler and magic item tester. Also I'm not allowed to trick the next level one wizard into starting a fist fight with a house cat no matter how annoying he is.
    Yes I know it's sarcasm. It's a joke. Pale green is for snarking
    Thread wins: 2