New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 92 of 136 FirstFirst ... 4267828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102117 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2731
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Two $600 packages left.

For those on the fence, better call up the gaming buddies and make a quick decision.

ETA:::

Going... Going... GONE!!!

Hope those who wanted it got it.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

2. - Top - End - #2732
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Am I mistaken, or did Rich add more whole party sketch rewards to the page?

Edit: Nevermind, yes, he did. And yes, I snagged one *issuperexcitedzomgsocool*
    Last edited by One Step Two; 2012-02-18 at 03:40 PM.
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

3. - Top - End - #2733

ok pledge upped...and thinking of upping it again if I can get my hands on a patience reward...this is like ink fever but in digital form

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

4. - Top - End - #2734
    Barbarian in the Playground

Just decided to pledge for one of the $35 SS&DT. I hope we reach 1 million dollars, that would be awesome. edit: Forum hiccup caused me to double post, but I got a message "this post is a duplicate, redirecting you to the thread". Could this be a sign of forum improvement?
    Last edited by The Underlord; 2012-02-18 at 03:30 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuulvheysoon
    The Underlord, you are clearly awesome.
    Current avatar by TinyMushroom
    Online gaming stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Steam profile: Triginomicon
    Smite IGN:JoJoMCFroYo

5. - Top - End - #2735

Guys. Guys.

Let's buy Rich a Cintaq.

I'm pretty happy with a general 'GITP improvement fund'. I also have absolutely no problem with Rich making some profit off of this. Plus, it's pretty awesome that we raised so much money, he just gave up.

Seriously. When this first started, I was a bit surprised at how fast we raised money. And then around $120,000, I figured it was going to plateau a bit, since there was a reward gap. But it didn't. I thought the same thing when we reached $222,222, and then again at $387,00.

By the time we hit $650,000, I was sure that that was going to be the last goal we hit for a while, because we had to be nearing saturation, right? I mean, the other goals were all hit quickly, but this gap was more than $80,000. Surely this was going to be a plateau.

Right now, I'm tempted to say we won't quiiiiiite make $1,000,000. But you know what? I'm going to stop guessing. And with new expensive, limited prizes coming out . . .

6. - Top - End - #2736
    Ogre in the Playground

This thing has exploded again!

Average to 1M: $1354/hour

We can do this!
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

7. - Top - End - #2737
    Titan in the Playground

I just upped my pledge. I actually "downgraded" my prize from the $43 DstP print to the $25 art print. But at the same time I upped my pledge to get the swanky patch and a book (haven't decided which book yet, not that it matters as I'll be buying the rest when they are officially for sale).
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #2738
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Helanna View Post
    Right now, I'm tempted to say we won't quiiiiiite make $1,000,000. But you know what? I'm going to stop guessing. And with new expensive, limited prizes coming out . . .
    Do not underestimate the power of the final 48 hours.
    This seems to be the trend with alot of kickstarters.

It ain't not over 'til the Rich Baker bellows.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

9. - Top - End - #2739
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Just raised my pledge to include a book (DStP). I never bought any of them before, so I decided I might as well do it now to help out the pledge!

Let's do this.

Spoiler: Characters
    Show
    Tarok and Kamo, level 6 half-orc ranger, bunyip-slayer, and all around badass.

I like half-orcs

Retired:

Aldrin Cress, level 10 human sorcerer. Hero of Korvosa.
    Tireas Slate, level 4 tiefling ninja. Eternally scheming.

DMing: Dragon's Demand

10. - Top - End - #2740
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmm...this thread is at 91 pages. The Kickstarter fund is almost at $910,000. Clearly, each page of this thread is worth roughly ten thousand dollars.

So we much ensure that this thread hits 100 pages!

11. - Top - End - #2741
    Colossus in the Playground

Oh, the new stuff is tempting. I'll pass though, for four reason:

1. I'm very impatient.
    2. I'm in college, and I'm sending the package to my college address, if possible. Getting it during summer vacation would suck.
    3. I'm rather happy with my Print Only+Patch prize pledge (say that 5 times fast!)
    4. With the kickstarter prize, a video game for myself, and birthday presents for my friend, mom and brother, I'm spending a bit more money over the next couple of weeks than I'm comfortable with. Not enough that I'll balk, but enough that I'm going to be pretty careful with my money for a while (although I always am).

12. - Top - End - #2742
    Titan in the Playground

So with my constant refreshing of the update page as Rich predicted we would, I've noticed about ~$500 in the last 15-20 minutes (forgive me for not having a stop watch handy). I'd say at this rate we will hit 1 Million, no if and or buts about it. I for one will be dancing in the streets when it happens. Just because we as a fanbase are that awesome and because Rich is so awesome and he totally deserves it.

EDIT: And in the time it took me to post this, it raised anther $600. So ya.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2012-02-18 at 03:47 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

13. - Top - End - #2743
    Ogre in the Playground

And we're at $910k just like that! We need to throw a big internet party or something if we pull this off.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

14. - Top - End - #2744
    Dwarf in the Playground

1mil prize? Commemorative golden coin from Haley's hoard.
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

15. - Top - End - #2745
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joxer t' Mighty View Post
    1mil prize? Commemorative golden coin from Haley's hoard.
    That might put a dent in the OotS General fund, but it's a cool idea.

It won't be dice, but I hope it's dice.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

16. - Top - End - #2746

Actually, while my wife and I were reading the newest updated the pledge went 2000$ up. I think this is possible. It's madness, but it's possible. And I sincerely hope that the Giant gets a new Adobe and a new PC (and some IT hours for the Forums, too).
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #2747
    Ogre in the Playground

Precisely $88,888 to go.

And the rate is $1307/h.
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

18. - Top - End - #2748
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chess435 View Post
    We need to throw a big internet party or something if we pull this off.
    I thought that's what we've been doing for the past 27 days! *blows noisemaker*

19. - Top - End - #2749
    Dwarf in the Playground

I sincerely hope that Rich makes a lot of money from OotS at some point, both the idea and it's execution are superb.

20. - Top - End - #2750
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I weep salt tears for the poor, exhausted, oppressed F5 buttons of the OoTS community. May they find rest and peace when this is done.

21. - Top - End - #2751
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    I weep salt tears for the poor, exhausted, oppressed F5 buttons of the OoTS community. May they find rest and peace when this is done.
    Auto Refresh* FTW!

* Or similar extensions for various browsers.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

22. - Top - End - #2752
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Verithrax View Post
    My mouse button is the one doing all the work.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2012-02-18 at 04:32 PM.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #2753
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Achievement Unlocked: ??????

Secret achievement revealed as:
    Off The Rails: Claim victory over the DM comic author.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant
    Sometimes, a cigar is just a cigar. Sometimes, characters that have a similar hairstyle just have a similar hairstyle. How many hairstyles do you think there are that can be drawn in stick figure style, anyway?

24. - Top - End - #2754
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe the following image best describes my behaviour in the last few hours (Don't worry, it's safe for work):

Spoiler
    Show
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

25. - Top - End - #2755

Here is another thing that might not have been thought about.

The post office DOES have DISCOUNT PROGRAMS for people who mail out a ton of things.

The discounts are useful and something that should be looked into for the mailing of this project if it hasnt been looked into already.

It is called Commercial Plus Pricing, and you need to send at least 2500 packages per month to qualify for it -- for the duration of the sending of all of the fallout from this event though, qualifying shouldnt be hard.

26. - Top - End - #2756
    Orc in the Playground

Just pledged about all of my pocket money. As a high school student, I'm not exactly rich, but with the amount of loot you get, that's not a problem at all. Thank you very much for all of these mystery prizes, Rich!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

27. - Top - End - #2757
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by silvadel View Post
    The post office DOES have DISCOUNT PROGRAMS for people who mail out a ton of things.
    I suppose the Giant knows about this, but maybe you should shoot him a message on Kickstarter, just in case

28. - Top - End - #2758
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kickstarter Millionaire?

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzclowningham View Post
    I don't know if we're going to make $1M or not (I'm only in for $25 - I have all the books, and the only thing that made sense to buy was the art print), but I did want to pay my compliments to Kaulguard's eloquent and heartfelt testimonial. Amen!
    That's where I was... I bumped it from $25 to $40 for the patch, second coloring book, and the Sticky Shtick cards. I don't own the Game, but if I like the cards enough, I will probably order it.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

29. - Top - End - #2759

Hey guys! You're nerds on the internet, right? So you like graphs, right?

I just made an ROC curve for the kickstarter:
    Spoiler
    Show

On the x axis is the proportion of people who have contributed to the drive, in order of the size of their contribution, from smallest to largest; on the y axis is the total amount of money pledged by everyone to the left of that point on the graph. For the sake of interpretation:
    • These data are from the kickstarter page, taken at 2:32 PM CST on Feb. 18.
    • If everyone had pledged exactly the same amount of money, the graph would be a straight line between (0,0) and (1,1).
    • If one person had pledged all the money, the graph would be a step function, sticking to the bottom and then jumping up at the far right.
    • The larger the area under the curve, the more "long-tailed" the distribution is. A long tail indicates a relatively significant contribution of the "little guy" (a pattern you find, for instance, in online retail), while a short tail indicates that a few super-dedicated people are really driving the whole thing (which is what you find, for instance, for contributions of text to Wikipedia). This is a fairly long-tailed distribution, as these things go; you guys who only pledged $10 really did make a difference!
    • My script made some indefensible assumptions for simplicity's sake. The big one is, I assumed that everybody pledged exactly the minimum pledge amount for their reward. This is definitely wrong, since my total money estimate ended up at $764437, well undershooting the actual value. Since everything has been converted to proportions, if this faulty assumption underestimated the contributions of all pledge groups equally, it doesn't affect the end result. On the other hand, if the underestimation was unequally distributed across pledge amounts (for instance, if whoever who got the $5000 pledge actually forked over $200000 and that's the only reason my number is off), this inaccuracy could have significant implications for interpretation of this graph, so take it with a grain of salt.

Fun things to notice:
    • Almost 20% of all backers are at the $10 price point, and they alone contributed about 3% of the total money the drive has raised to date.
    • The stingiest 40% of backers contributed about 10% of the total revenue.
    • About 40% of the total revenue came from the most generous 10% of the backers.

Here's the code (in Python) and the data I used:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Code:
    Code:
    import tkFileDialog

file = tkFileDialog.askopenfile(mode='rb',title='Choose a file')
    if file != None:
        data = file.read()
        file.close()

with open('roc.csv', 'w') as file:
        totalMoney = 0
        totalBackers = 0
        for entry in data.splitlines():
            amount = int(entry.split(',')[0])
            number = int(entry.split(',')[1])
            for i in range(number):
                totalMoney += amount
                totalBackers += 1
                file.write(str(totalBackers) + ',' + str(totalMoney) + '\n')
    Data:
    Code:

Wheeeeeeeeee!

30. - Top - End - #2760
    Ettin in the Playground

$1300.65/hour to hit a million at the moment.

I don't know how, but we're doing it.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.