New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 48

Hanks Hookah

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Hanks Hookahs
    "That is cool, I never got too far beyond stick figures, though I did try working with clay for awhile. I was pretty terrible at it."

The first time he tried his hand at throwing a pot, he literally ended up throwing the pot at his instructor.

"Ugh... pottery. I was terrible too. I really hated trying to use the wheel."
    Charity says, pulling a face.

Laneside Bowling

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Laneside Bowling

((That was my bad, I was unclear))

It did. It was good. No need for more. You don't get points for piggy backing little thing. "Meow." And just what the heck is other little thing doing? "Mrrow."

"Oh man. I guess, I would ask if how he was feeling, why he doesn't want to play as much as his sister. Do you have a regular doctor? Or a pediatrician?" Justin asks, but quickly amends, "A children's doctor. They'd give you a decent first opinion."
    "Maybe the treasure seeker cat can ask this kitty why it doesn't eat," Lily says.

"His name is Reinholdt,"
    Tito says. "I guess we could ask him."

"He says, and I quote, 'Leelee is such a stupid baby. Why would I want to run around pretending to be a wolf? I'd rather do something useful.'"
    Brand chuckles a little, but there's sadness in it as well. "The only doctor we know is Quinn, the doctor at GLoG. I guess finding a doctor who focuses on one thing would be good."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #932
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Alyca and Miriah's Car - He didn't have one father]

Or a mother for that matter.

"No I don't drink, for a number a reasons, mostly the ones people told me my whole life. Too young, it's unhealthy, I get swipey when I'm drunk, but mostly I just don't like the taste." Wait, swipey? Before anyone has time to question his choice of words Justin attempts to lean over Alyca and brace himself on the door. He offers his coins to the beaten and weary teenager/magbot. running the register.

[Laneside Bowling]

The cat listens to the two halflings foolishly talking about treasure seeking cats. Some cats collect things, it supposes. But those cats are dumb. Should be focused on collecting food. Way more important than yarn or balls.

Justin chuckles a bit himself. "That sounds like typical anti-sister talk to me. Every brother thinks what his sister likes is stupid, speaking from personal experience." He sighs before continuing his advice. "Talk to Pansy about what she thinks about Tito's situation." He cannot stress talking to Pansy enough. "Then the both of you can talk to Quinn, and see how much she knows about therapy or psychology. If she doesn't know anything, maybe she knows someone who does."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

[Laneside Bowling]

The cat listens to the two halflings foolishly talking about treasure seeking cats. Some cats collect things, it supposes. But those cats are dumb. Should be focused on collecting food. Way more important than yarn or balls.

Justin chuckles a bit himself. "That sounds like typical anti-sister talk to me. Every brother thinks what his sister likes is stupid, speaking from personal experience." He sighs before continuing his advice. "Talk to Pansy about what she thinks about Tito's situation." He cannot stress talking to Pansy enough. "Then the both of you can talk to Quinn, and see how much she knows about therapy or psychology. If she doesn't know anything, maybe she knows someone who does."
    It's about this time that Lily finds the hollow practice balls. "Hey Tito! This ball isn't heavy!" she proclaims, and lifts it up. Of course her tiny hands are nowhere near large enough for the holes, but it's not like she even knows that's what the holes are for. "Let's play kickball!"

"We're supposed to be cleaning!"
    Tito protests.

"Come on... pleeeeease? I can't play by myself!"
    Lily begs, then proceeds to do just that, kicking the ball along one of the lanes until it goes into the gutter. "Oops. I guess we're supposed to keep it from doing that."

"I guess so," Tito says. "But how do people kick the heavy balls?"

In the bathroom. Brand nods. "Yes. Yes, I should."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #934

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal opens her mouth to respond, but catches herself. She thinks about that for a moment, then gives a little sigh.

Okay, you got me there. But it's still weird to hear it. Even to think about it, really.

Anyways, you said you coming here was accidental, right? Or am I just making that up?
    Krystal and the Lady!
    The Lady nodded.
    "Yes, that's right. I escaped as the whole Dalek and Time Lord races burned and burned..."
    She looked sad about it...
    Well, after all, her whole race was kind of just wiped out.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #935

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Laneside Bowling

It's about this time that Lily finds the hollow practice balls. "Hey Tito! This ball isn't heavy!" she proclaims, and lifts it up. Of course her tiny hands are nowhere near large enough for the holes, but it's not like she even knows that's what the holes are for. "Let's play kickball!"

"We're supposed to be cleaning!"
    Tito protests.

"Come on... pleeeeease? I can't play by myself!"
    Lily begs, then proceeds to do just that, kicking the ball along one of the lanes until it goes into the gutter. "Oops. I guess we're supposed to keep it from doing that."

"I guess so," Tito says. "But how do people kick the heavy balls?"

In the bathroom. Brand nods. "Yes. Yes, I should."
    Laneside Bowling

What seriously. The little things don't even gat bowling this is ridiculous. It'd be furious if there were actual pins in the lanes, all that noise. Right now, it's just annoyed. "Mrowr."

"Yeah," Justin mumbles, "Let's get back to the cleaning. I still owe those two Dena's." He hasn't forgotten his debt, not that Lily would let him.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

6. - Top - End - #936
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Krystal and the Lady!
    The Lady nodded.
    "Yes, that's right. I escaped as the whole Dalek and Time Lord races burned and burned..."
    She looked sad about it...
    Well, after all, her whole race was kind of just wiped out.
    Krystal brings a hand up, hesitates a moment, then goes to put said hand on the Lady's shoulder.

I'm...sorry to hear that...really.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #937
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    ((Fuffle, want to pick up with Rachel and Alilia from when I herped and left off?))
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #938

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Streets]
    ((Fuffle, want to pick up with Rachel and Alilia from when I herped and left off?))
    ((Sounds like a plan to me!))

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #939
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    Alilia is still walking with her wife, happy and content. And possibly being oxymoronic in her adjectives.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #940

[Streets]

Oxymoronic is the best moronic!

Rachel will lean her head on her wife's shoulder.

You ready to go home yet? Or do you still wanna walk around some?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets]
    Let's home please! She grins, nuzzling her shoulder.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #942

[Streets - Home]

Rachel smiles and nods a little. Alright, then. Then she kisses Alilia on the forehead.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

[Streets => Home]
    Off they go!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #944
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Hank's Hookahs]

"Yeah I didn't last that long at trying that. Though really I was still probably better at that then drawing."

Derek has tried his hand at a fair number of hobbies. The monks at the monastery he trained at required all their wards to have some sort of hobby. Art had never been Calvin's strength though.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #945

Cave of Being

Feathered wings and golden swords mean little to the Wizard. The servants of his native gods couldn't be farther from flying ponces in flowing robes- More akin to eldritch horrors, assembled from the best aspects of animal, bird and fish. But still....

This 'demon' doesn't seem at all demonic. More hopeless and maybe even a little pathetic. The Wizard glances over at Mrs. Bloodplunder, trying to see whether she too might be having second thoughts about this.

9'th Bell at the Gates

A potion simply for waking? That seems a touch excessive, although, at least the smell is nice. Few of the mixtures the Wizard knows have an aroma half as pleasant. Most of them, quite the opposite.

Ah, yes. As ready as I will be. A real sword might be nice if he's going into mercenary work, one that doesn't need to be conjured, but a good blade takes time to find. I suppose it will be a long walk then?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #946
    Orc in the Playground

Cave of Being

Mrs. Bloodplunder is currently looking around, trying to gauge if the 'demon' is the demon and not some trapped innocent placed to mask the real demon's prison. "Can you tell how much magic is going on in here, and where the magic is? He may be a decoy, with the demon hidden elsewhere. Chains over a pool of magma is a classic, but also too obvious."
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #947
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Park

As the sun sets over the city, no one really takes note. The sunset isn't terribly artistic, and it's kinda cloudy so people can't really get a good view of it, anyway.

On a park bench, a woman snoozes. She's wearing a simple shirt and a pleated skirt, and despite the somewhat nippy weather and uncomfortable bench snoozes quite soundly. You know, the way she's using her arms as a pillow is kind of cute. You wouldn't know that she's a psychotic flesh warping grig just by looking at her.

Partially because she looks like a human, being five and a bit feet tall and bipedal and all that. Anyone who knows her can recognize her, but chances are not many do.

18. - Top - End - #948

[9'th Bell at the Gates]

Coffee was possibly one of the best potions out there. Or at least, that was the catamander's opinion on the matter. As for the question of how long the walk was, Nephea made a bit of a face while holding a hand out flant and giving it a small shake from side to side. "Weeeell.. Kinda? I mean, it's a long ways by foot but I know a shortcut. Just have to get to an old willow tree about a quarter mile out first." the alchemist said with a small shrug.

Starting off in an exaggerated march, Nephea soon took to a normal stride once she was sure the wizard was keeping up. Something did cross her mind in short order, though, and she let fly with a somewhat peculiar question. "Though while I'm thinking of it, d'you get travel sickness when.. Oh.. I dunno... Hopping across the bounderies of dimentions and through space and time?" she asked, her tone suggesting as if this was, frankly, a normal thing. While it might be for some denizens of the Nexus, it wasn't true for all of them.

19. - Top - End - #949

Random Park

"You!" A voice can be heard in the distance, the sound actually reaching woman's ears slower then the hobo that suddenly appears before her does. "You're that crazy lady!" Libra exclaims with eyes that seem to be shooting blue lighting. In fact, a closer look reveals that she now colored her hair blue (or at least poorly have attempted to). "The one that changes people all the time, right? Right?!"

20. - Top - End - #950
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Park

Vriveka shifts slightly, still asleep. It seems that the shouting was entirely insufficient to wake her.

Being a sound sleeper is highly useful for a lot of fairies, as noisy things tend to happen at night. Like parties. Or shouting matches. Or people swearing revenge. Or someone going around asking to be extinguished because they are on fire and it hurts.

In any case, the electric hobo is going to have to wake her more thoroughly.

21. - Top - End - #951

Random Park

What about an enraged electric hobo?

"RIGHT!?" Libra shouts in the woman's ear, trying to give her a powerful zap by touching her with her finger.

22. - Top - End - #952
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Park

That wakes her up! Vriveka reacts by yelping and trying to swap Libra's gender. Oh, and jumping up and proceeding to fall to the ground with a loud thump.

"You have three seconds to make this worth my time or I will turn you into a goon just like that stupid rabbit."

23. - Top - End - #953

Random Park

The former oni responds by briefly turning into what appears to be pure electricity, returning to her normal form the next instance first looking rather triumphant until she realizes she fried all her clothes in the process. "HA! Think you can get me huh? I'm the master- mistress of electricity now!"

Her body is about as dirty as her clothes as though, while she would look decent normally her utter lack of hygiene is making her look rather repulsive after living on the streets for so long. She probably haven't showered for many months. "So you need to make this worth my time or I will turn you into a charred stump, how about that huh?" She seems remarkably pleased with this come-back.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Park

Vriveka looks at Libra, and her skin crawls. She changes from being human-y to being... dragon-y. Blue scales cover her skin (and skirt, for some reason), blue and tan wings come out of her back, a single horn comes out of the bridge of her nose. Yes, she has turned herself into a half-blue dragon.

"Good night. Good riddance." She then attempts to scootch under the bench and go back to sleep.

25. - Top - End - #955

Random Park

Libra stares in rage at Vriveka, picks up a stone from the ground and throws it at her head.. "Don't ignore me! I need your help!"

26. - Top - End - #956
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Park

Bonk.

Vriveka looks at Libra. "Could've fooled me." She rolls her eyes. "I don't know what it's like where you come from, but around here people don't care about you unless you make them care. You came up to me, woke me, threatened me, and threw a rock at me. I'm tired. Because I turned myself dragon-y because you threatened me. Now, if you really want my help, you are going to need to convince me."

"And get me some caffeine."

Vriveka is trying to push Libra's apparent buttons here. She wants to see just how desperate this person is... one way, she can go back to sleep. The other, she gets some entertainment and then something to do.

27. - Top - End - #957

Random Park

"I don't even know what that is!" The former oni exclaims. "I could turn your life into a real hell you know? I'm much faster then you for instance so there is no way you can escape me and then I can just warn all your subjects about you coming and stuff. Oh yeah, you'll never get rid off me unless you help me get back my old powers."

28. - Top - End - #958
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random Park

"Fairy rings."

"Don't doubt me. I am perfectly capable of disappearing, finding a fairy ring, going back to my home, and living there. But let's ignore that for a second. Why do you think that I could help you get your powers back? I mean, I could help you do a lot of things, but what amazing leap of logic makes you think that I could give you powers?"

"Do you even know who I am? I don't think we've met."

29. - Top - End - #959

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Aegis Vaults

Ow ow ow. Decibel's fist. Decibel's face. But he's not going to let a silly thing like a concussion stop him! Superheroes shrug off things like those and so does our probably not certified Doctor!

He hops to his feet. "Justice never ceases!" And claps his hands together for a sonic boom attack at the ghost. Though it's weaker than usual, if the shaking and holding of that injured hand after the fact is any indication.
    KaWham!

The ghost's attempt at taking semi-corporeal form is blown apart in the blink of an eye and a clap of thunder, dissolving back into mere luminescent mist. Hey! Ain'tcha got ears? Yooooouuuu caaaaaan't huuuuuuurt meeeeeeee! Dissolved, but annoyingly unharmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Gelley, not sure what to do about a ghost, decides to see if the bank has any spectral countermeasures. She drags the drooling heap of a man over to his hand-scanner, trying to press his palm against it.
    A line of red light sweeps across the scanner and registers the print, a little green dot in the upper right corner bleeping on in approval. But that's barely even audible over the ruckus Dr. Dec's kicking up. And the vault door's locks snapping open.

See, the handscanner doesn't activate any of the defense mechanisms. It's the key to the door and the all-clear should lockdown be activated for whatever reason. Hence why it's keyed to the bank manager, so only he can let people in or out.

In this case, it seems he's unwittingly let one poltergeist out.

And that's my cue! Smell ya later, suckers! The phantasmal cloud twists into a line and streaks for the slowly opening door, laughing all the way out of the bank. Unless, of course, Dr. Dec or Gelley make any last minute attempts to stop him.

9'th Bell at the Gates

The Wizard falls into step behind Nephea as she begins her comically overplayed march, shiny new shoes squeaking against the cobblestone road in a manner befitting a clown trailing after the parade master.

Ah, I'm... unsure. And it's a good question. Biting his lip the Wizard tries to think back, remember if there was a point where his nausea spiked or some other symptom that could be traced to this strange journey showed itself. I... No? I think not? The only time I've 'travelled' was aboard a galley and already seasick, so I cannot be sure. But I think not.

By the sounds of it though, a more definitive answer one way or the other isn't far on the horizon.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

30. - Top - End - #960
    Troll in the Playground

Laneside Bowling

Laneside Bowling

What seriously. The little things don't even gat bowling this is ridiculous. It'd be furious if there were actual pins in the lanes, all that noise. Right now, it's just annoyed. "Mrowr."

"Yeah," Justin mumbles, "Let's get back to the cleaning. I still owe those two Dena's." He hasn't forgotten his debt, not that Lily would let him.

"I think we'll want to go to Dana's tomorrow. I don't think any of us should be seen in public without a bath and a change of clothes."
    Luckily he anticipated enough to bring fresh clothes for himself and the kids for getting home, though he doesn't know if this place has a bathtub anywhere. He'll probably have to just mop them down with a soapy cloth.

The kids play kickball in the bowling lanes, inventing rules as they go. Poor ghost kitty is not getting any more attention.

Hank's Hookahs
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Hank's Hookahs]

"Yeah I didn't last that long at trying that. Though really I was still probably better at that then drawing."

Derek has tried his hand at a fair number of hobbies. The monks at the monastery he trained at required all their wards to have some sort of hobby. Art had never been Calvin's strength though.

"What do you do for fun, Calvin?"
    Charity asks.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs