New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: [Nexus] ISF HQ

1. - Top - End - #421
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: [Nexus] ISF HQ

"Understood," says Psi. "Logging Data. The Imperial Special Forces views the Imperial Army with disdain because of badly administered funding. Data successfully logged."

"Your interaction is appreciated. Now terminating Human Interaction.

ISF Basic Analysis complete. No abnormalities. Now tableing research."

She turns around. "Proceeding to next phase. SAINT is suggested. Suggestion accepted."

And then she dashes off. Whether they try to stop her or not.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Barbarian in the Playground

A man approaches the gates, wearing a gun strapped to his thigh and two large pouches on the back of his kevlar vest. His eyes are obscured by a pair of black sunglasses, and his hair is a dark red, with white colored tips.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

A reporter also (assuming there's nothing to keep him out) walks into the HQ, although he has no recording devices of any kind. "I'd like to request an audience with one of the ranking officers here. It's about LANTERN."
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Orc in the Playground

The two guards both sigh. More company. Hopefully this one doesn't start trying to wreck things.

...then they see the reporter. Oh joy, even more company.

Though ThirdEmperor should be aware that there is no simply walking into ISF HQ. For one thing, electric fences. For another thing, the gates are shut and locked.

One guard looks at the man with the military-esque outfit. "State your business."

The other looks at the reporter. "Could you be more specific? You should also keep in mind that the Imperial Army is handling the current LANTERN dispute."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

5. - Top - End - #425

"Look, I'm from Channel 4, and we've been getting a bit worried. Maxios is going to be interviewed today, and we've rigged up a ward of truth to make sure he doesn't lie. Thing is.... If all that footage is right, he might just try and kill us. We would like to request an armed guard to take him into custody if it turns out we're right. And we're also willing to give you the name of our informer, because frankly, we're beginning to worry you might be right. He might actually be Mercury."

6. - Top - End - #426
    Orc in the Playground

The guard thinks over the situation. "Given the stakes, I'm sure I could inform General Vettel and he'd inform the IA's General Noir to get the IA to keep an eye on this...but first, who's the informer?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    The two guards both sigh. More company. Hopefully this one doesn't start trying to wreck things.

...then they see the reporter. Oh joy, even more company.

Though ThirdEmperor should be aware that there is no simply walking into ISF HQ. For one thing, electric fences. For another thing, the gates are shut and locked.

One guard looks at the man with the military-esque outfit. "State your business."

The other looks at the reporter. "Could you be more specific? You should also keep in mind that the Imperial Army is handling the current LANTERN dispute."
    The man stops a fair distance away from the gate and keeps his hands visible and away from the gun. I am a representative of HALO. I'd like to talk with someone about a proposal.

8. - Top - End - #428

"Carl Antio. He sent it to us from this address. And thanks, we'll all feel a lot safer if you guys are there to take him into custody, should he turn violent." The man says, handing over a note with the address written on it.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Orc in the Playground

"Got it. I'll need to get this up the line rather quickly..." The guard radios for the gate to be opened up for him and heads inside, likely to get access to a holocomm room.

The other guard, the one with the HALO representative, raises an eyebrow. Of course, it can't be seen under the helmet. "That's...unexpected. Still, no one's going to question the idea of getting another ally, I imagine. Except the part where I'd get reprimanded to hell and back for letting someone who isn't ISF or IA in armed...so I hope you'll cooperate and turn over your gun, and any other weapons you have on you. They'll be returned when you leave."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

10. - Top - End - #430

Naturally. The man nods and hands over the gun strapped to his thigh, the one concealed in the small of his back, and a third from his pocket. They're all the same type: H&K .45 Compact Tacticals. He also gives the man his Leatherman multi-tool, which has a knife blade in it, and the two large pouches from his back. There you go... Frankly, I don't need half of this stuff, but I just carry it all around out of force of habit, you know?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Orc in the Playground

"No kidding. Head on in while the gate's still open. I'll send word ahead of you." The guard will then give directions to...

[Holoprojector Room 1]

This room. The holoprojector in question is rather large and bulky, and is attached to the ceiling.

It soon activates, assuming the man enters, projecting a hologram of ISF General Leon Vettel. The uniform and rank markings probably help to tell the visitor that he's rather important, if he didn't already know. "To what do I owe this visit?" He sounds rather surprised.
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

12. - Top - End - #432

"Intyerview is going to begin soon." The reporter says, before teleporting away.

13. - Top - End - #433

Uncertain about protocol, the man comes to attention when General Vettel appears, but doesn't salute. Good evening sir. Tobias Vulpan, the Commander of HALO, asked me to come here to discuss the relationship between HALO and the Empire.

14. - Top - End - #434
    Orc in the Playground

The General's look of surprise fades when Tobias is mentioned. Probably because of how he's "I see. What exactly is it that you're looking for?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

15. - Top - End - #435

Well, sir, HALO plans on taking a more active role in fighting the bad guys, so to speak, of the Nexus. To be the most effective at this, HALO would like permission to operate Inside. The man pauses. In exchange for this, HALO would... deal with any high-powered and Evil enemies you might have, so that you aren't risking personnel and materiel trying to defend against demigods and the like. For example, if you feel threatened by AMEN and want to neutralize that threat without inviting reprisal, HALO would, to put it bluntly, do your dirty work for you.

16. - Top - End - #436
    Orc in the Playground

"An...interesting proposal, to say the least."

It seems that the Empire is finally getting formal alliances with some of the local organizations. First, Aurora fell under the Imperial Army's eye.

And now HALO is offering an alliance to the ISF.

It's not really an offer Vettel can refuse. HALO will operate in Inside without formal Imperial approval or not, or so he thinks, and the Empire may as well benefit more from it.

"And a very acceptable one, assuming you'll avoid collateral damage if at all possible."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

17. - Top - End - #437

Of course. He nods. Furthermore, I can be your liaison. I am a highly experienced special operator, specializing in both demolitions and sniper/observer roles. If it is at all possible, I would like to join the ISF. I can also instantly contact HALO for support if high-powered hostiles attack the city.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Orc in the Playground

"Technically there's not much stopping you, but you'd be unlikely to reach command ranks, given your divided loyalties. Regulations, you see." The General thinks. There had been one special case like this before...

"Of course, giving you a role of a simple recruit doesn't exactly work either. You could potentially act as an independent agent. Though...given that you'd be acting in the city regardless, what is your purpose in formally joining the ISF?"
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #439

I don't want to command. I'm just good at what I do and I want to keep doing it. The shooter relaxes as he figures out how to word this. My surviving family is all in HALO, but I wasn't even going to join until Tobias asked me to be a liaison with the Empire a few days ago. I just think I'd fit in with a highly trained and disciplined group of mortal operators better than I would trying to work with a bunch of lone wolf Godlings.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

A man approaches one of the gates. He is a tiefling. His bright red eyes take in the sight of the guards that are bound to be there. His hair is shaggy and long and a pair of small horns peek out from it. You could say he is handsome, but it is marred somewhat by the slight scowl he wears. His armour consists of a bunch of metal plates and leather straps that fit him very loosely. He stands about six foot four. His tail idly flicks behind him. A bastard sword is strapped to his back. Two words to describe him, mean and wild.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

There are a couple guards at the gate. Both armed and armored. Their grips shift when they notice him, ready to raise their guns at a moment's notice. "Who are you, and what are you here for?" One asks when he gets close enough.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

The man smiles when they address him. How he manages to glower and smile at the same time is beyond me. "Kore Blackheart. I need to talk to the person in charge of recruiting for the Mortal Coil."

23. - Top - End - #443
    Ogre in the Playground

The two are unphased and one speaks quietly into their comm. After a moment, the gate opens and a woman in black power armor steps into view. See looks him over before gesturing for him to follow her. "Come." She orders, guiding him towards a nearby building and into an interview room(like the interrogation rooms on cop shows).

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

Ooh, intimidating. Kore follows without a word. When he enters the interview room he immediately scans it for threats. His hand automatically shifts to where he can more quickly grab his sword.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ogre in the Playground

Interview

"Sit." She says. "And if you reach for that sword, you'll be shot before you can draw, understand?" He'll see her own hand resting on a rather large automatic pistol in it's holster at her side. "What is your name, and why are you here?" She asks, trying to take control of the situation.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Ogre in the Playground

[Interview]

"Sorry about that. Instinct." He sits down.

He's unfazed by the weapon. "My name's Kor Blackheart. I wish to join the Mortal Coil."

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ogre in the Playground

Interview

She nods, as if checking off a list. "Why join? What experience do you have, and what are you exactly. And remember, you'll have to pass all sorts of blood tests and the like. It'd be good if you were truthful ahead of time."

28. - Top - End - #448
    Ogre in the Playground

[Interview]

"Why join? I figured it was the best place to put my skills to use and I want to do my part to help out the Empire. Based on what I've seen, which I admit is limited, but I think you've got the right idea around here." Kore says.

"My experience is mostly military. I was a field commander in an army in my home world. I did some mercenary work before and after that."

"As for what am I." he flicks a horn, "I'm a tiefling. Got some demon in my blood a few generations back. Besides that my ancestry is all human as far as I know. I'm also a werewolf. I've had complete control over it for ten years now."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-01-07 at 12:29 AM.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ogre in the Playground

Interview

The woman stands and shakes her head. "Then our business is concluded. First, as I suspected, you are part demon. That makes you prone to certain kinds of actions. But, even though I'd likely ignore that based on your supposed history, you just admitted that you're a werewolf. We will never accept one for what should be obvious reasons."

30. - Top - End - #450
    Ogre in the Playground

[Interview]

"If I might ask, what are those reasons? I can assure you that even under extreme pain or emotionally intense situations I am in complete control of my form. You can test that if you like." Kore replies calmly.