New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by masterstalker2 View Post
    I suggest raising the amount of damage needed for Embrace Carnage to be ended, as a Scion fighting a regular encounter with an enemy that does fire or sonic damage, that enemy would easily be able to do more sonic/fire damage than the Scion's level, meaning that it isn't exactly useful to have that unless the Scion is going against a low-level, weak creature.
    It is meant to be easily lost. Also class is based off three things - Venom, Alex Mercer, and The Darkness. With venom fire and vibration are his weakness and the darkness disappears when completely when it touches its weakness so that it doesn't die. The Symbiote would probably move off of its hosts skin and hide in his clothes or something when it is harmed by its weakness, thus turning off Embrace Carnage.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I do suggest raising the amount of damage needed though, also, put in the description the different ways that the Scion can lose his Symbiote (like being reduced to negative their CON score, in which case their health is set to 0 and they lose the Symbiote, or if they receive X amount of fire or sonic damage, dying, in which case they lose the symbiote after X amount of rounds or minutes, and if the are revived after that time limit is met, than the symbiote isn't with them when revived and they must retrieve it). Maybe having a way for the symbiote to die, and also a way to decide it's ego score.
    "I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it" - Edgar Allen Poe

3. - Top - End - #183

I do suggest raising the amount of damage needed though, also, put in the description the different ways that the Scion can lose his Symbiote (like being reduced to negative their CON score, in which case their health is set to 0 and they lose the Symbiote, or if they receive X amount of fire or sonic damage, dying, in which case they lose the symbiote after X amount of rounds or minutes, and if the are revived after that time limit is met, than the symbiote isn't with them when revived and they must retrieve it). Maybe having a way for the symbiote to die, and also a way to decide it's ego score.
    Why though? It is meant to be deactivated when hit by its weakness...

Also I want to refrain from rules which cause the player to lose his symbiote as it will simpy annoy players.

And lastly I plan to put detail of the Symbiote itself at the end of my entry.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

It should be possible for the Scion to lose the Symbiote, but it must be very unlikely to happen, and even then the symbiote may come back to the host, or the host can retrieve it, or the host can find a new symbiote.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, the voting for the Second competition is done and congratulations to those who entered and won (which was everyone since we only had 3 entries).

I'll have the trophies done and sent in the next two days and will jump on run downs after that.

I apologize for letting you and Master chatter on without keeping up with any of it really, but I just didn't want to interrupt you two bouncing ideas.

Speaking of, why don't you enter yourself Master?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I don't really know how to make a homebrew class, I'm not that good at homebrew (or I don't think I am), I mostly see a class someone came up with, and say an idea I came up with and see if the person who made the class likes it and adds it (like with the Scion and Milo's Spider Blood Assassin Class). The only homebrew I've done so far is an Urgal race from Eragon for Pathfinder that I never posted but I have as a note, though I may try my hand at homebrewing a class.

Though, if I were to make an entry, then I'd have to decide on which hero to base the class on, I'm thinking Iron Man (though he might use a normal or a really advanced construct as armor), Deadpool, Batman, or the Flash as the inspiration. Though, to me it seems like Batman and Iron Man may be the easiest, with me being more genre-savvy on technology and gadgets when it comes to this stuff.

Also, I prefer to be called MS or Stalker rather than Masters, I'm just used to it at this point from using Masterstalker on so many things.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-08 at 11:22 PM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

And of course, my mind kicks into gear and starts thinking up how to make an Iron Man-based class.

The armor can be upgraded using different upgrades you gain at certain levels (like rage powers or Ninja Tricks) and the armor can be remade to use different materials.

Some examples of upgrades would be flight, air tank, built in weapons, armor is built into body (Bleeding Edge Iron Man armor), an AI, you get the point.

The user would, if attacked by electricity damage, roll a d20, 16-20, nothing happens except for normal damage, 6-15, receive extra damage and armor is deactivated for 1 round, 1-5, armor is overloaded, roll a d20 to see if the armor breaks down and must be repaired, or if you have to roll 1d4 to see how long it is deactivated.

My mind is always doing this stuff to me, I think that I might actually try to make my own class for this competition.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-09 at 12:39 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188

Hmm. So now two base classes in the running, both of which get their abilities from their suits, make weaponry from their suits, have additional forms of movement, and both of the suits are sentient to some extent...

Good luck.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Well, I'm just turning the Wasp into a monster that people can fight, so....

Speaking of which, I will get onto that, I promise. Going back to school has me doing more STUFF then I used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    Forgive me for being ignorant, but how would 15/adamantine protect the dragon from hitting the ground at over 4,4 billion newtons?

10. - Top - End - #190

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Ladybug View Post
    Well, I'm just turning the Wasp into a monster that people can fight, so....

Speaking of which, I will get onto that, I promise. Going back to school has me doing more STUFF then I used to be.
    School is also the reason mine is going so slowly. Looking at mine right now I'm only up to 5th level and I haven't even started writing out the details on the symbiote...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I have come across a problem that repeats itself for me, "what should I name it?"

I have no friggin idea what I should name the Iron Man-based class I'm making. I always have a hard time with this, and I'm not sure about the names I came up with: Iron Knight, Golem Knight, Iron Warrior, Golem Warrior, Tech Warrior, Tech Knight. So I would like some help with coming up with the name for the class.

And for those people who read the 8-bit Theater comic, I refuse to name him Alloyed-Guy.

I saw The Avengers today, which might help me with some ideas for the abilities for the class, though I do have a tab opened up to the Iron Man page on the Avengers Wiki.

And yes, I am serious about the name thing, that is one of the main problems I'm having from starting up an entry for the contest.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-09 at 09:04 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192

I generally like the idea of using the Something Of Something Technique.

How about Titan of Steel?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Titan of Steel does sound really good, though I'm not sure about it since I do want it to contain a bit of Iron Man's title, and Titan of Steel sounds like it's referring to Superman.

Also, an idea I came up with for my class are Upgrade Packs. You gain a pack every other level (like a Rage Power, or a Assassin Technique, Rogue Talent, or Ninja Trick) and each pack contains something different that can be used in your suit, though I would have to find a way to limit it, like having a limit on the number of items that can be installed at one time (you would be able to mix packs that you have) and the amount would increase as you level up.

I was also thinking that, every few levels, you learn how to create a new, more powerful suit that can contain more items from a pack and gives a higher bonus to AC.

You know, this is what I get for having spare time in school and at home.

If no one can think of a name other than Titan of Steel, I will have to go with it.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-09 at 09:34 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I have the Titan of Steel entry started, and I've already decided that, at level 20, the ToS will be able to make a Bleeding Edge suit, which I'll post an image of later with most of its weapons activated.

I have a few skills already planned, including one called Override, which allows for a few stronger things, like picking up a 16,000 ton nuclear reactor

Override: When required, armor systems including strength amplification, durability amplification, and repulsor intensity can be greatly increased, by bypassing safety circuits and limiters. However, there is a chance that this can result in a complete system failure of the armor. An example of this mode is when Iron Man easily lifted a 16,000 ton Nuclear Reactor, and flew into the sky and threw it into the sea. It seems that he utilized this resource on the Hulk once, as the armor ends up completely inert. The range of the Override can be controlled as only reaching his very limit and staying at it for a long time will cause a system failure. This range goes from a safe 800% to 3200%, up to a very dangerous 5000%.
    -From the Iron Man page on the Avengers Wiki.

A lot of things that Iron Man has will have to be toned down, like his shields being able to withstand a nuclear blast while at 2%.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-10 at 12:29 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I would like some ideas for what to put into the various Upgrade Packs. The UPs will have tiers that can be unlocked at higher levels, which will include upgrades for the previous tier along with new items that can be installed into the armor. I've already set up a column on the table for the max amount of items from the Upgrade Packs that can be installed in the armor at once (though I might set it so that some things will take up more upgrade points than weaker items).

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ettin in the Playground

Yesterday got absorbed mostly by chores and then shopping, among other things, so unfortunately the trophies for the last competition are being pushed back. I'll get on them as soon as I get a chance.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, all the trophies are complete and sent!

18. - Top - End - #198
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I would like some suggestions for the Upgrade Packs, stats for the Pulse Blade (will at least do electric damage), the Unibeam, Repulsors, Repulsor Cannon, etc.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ettin in the Playground

I would like some suggestions for the Upgrade Packs, stats for the Pulse Blade (will at least do electric damage), the Unibeam, Repulsors, Repulsor Cannon, etc.
    Without having a chance to look at any of the entries yet (been working on my game system and hoping for it grab some attention), I would suggest looking at the Warlock for inspiration.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I took a look at the Warlock 3rd party class, and it didn't look like it would help me with the ToS.

I also need ideas for the Titan Armors, not only the first Titan Armor but the various Titan Armors that the ToS will get.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-12 at 07:51 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201

I took a look at the Warlock 3rd party class, and it didn't look like it would help me with the ToS.

I also need ideas for the Titan Armors, not only the first Titan Armor but the various Titan Armors that the ToS will get.
    Troll Bräu was talking about the 3.5e Warlock, but I doubt you have access to it since as far as I'm aware you only play PF.

As for the Armors, look here.

If you don't want to search through the whole thing here is a small list of armors you should have a look at:
    1. Hydro Armor (In addition to the armor itself, it mentions various weapons)
    2. Low Observable Armor
    3. War Machine Armor
    4. Artic Armor
    5. S.K.I.N. Armor
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I did look at 3.5 Warlock after looking at the PF one, didn't appeal to me.

Also, I went through a bunch of the armors when I had a chance before, I had meant more along the lines of stats. I was thinking that War Machine Armor (War Titan Armor) would count weapons and armor upgrades as using only 75% of the upgrade points they normally used for the weapons/armor upgrades.

Also, the Bleeding Edge Armor, I really liked that and I have it planned to be used at level 20.

Actually, now that I think about it, should the ToS get the Bleeding Edge armor at level 20, or should he get the Destroyer Armor at level 20 with the Bleeding Edge Armor at level 18 or 19?
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-12 at 09:00 PM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Milo, Troll, what do you think of having different Titan Armor suits unlocked by different packs? For example, ranged weapons would unlock War Machine.

24. - Top - End - #204

Milo, Troll, what do you think of having different Titan Armor suits unlocked by different packs? For example, ranged weapons would unlock War Machine.
    Sounds interesting. Also I'm finally adding in stats for Symbiote.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I've started on the list that the ToS will be able to choose from for their starting upgrades, it will be limited and the items won't be all that effective since the items are for a 1st level ToS. Give me suggestions on items to be added to the list and I'll consider them.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-13 at 10:55 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I have started on stats for the armors, I only have part of the Titan Armor MK I done. I'm not sure about having the Arcane Failure as Iron Man's armor is usually flexible and the spellcaster would be sending out spells through the repulsors on the gauntlets.
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-14 at 06:31 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I've expanded the list of Titan Armors, mostly to show examples of what I will be adding, including the Scionbuster Titan Armor, which would be Hulkbuster, but there isn't a Hulk class, so I had to go with Tainted Scion of Venom for this suit.

Actually, should I call it Scionbuster, or change it to Tarrasquebuster or Dragonbuster, or something like that?
    Last edited by masterstalker2; 2012-05-14 at 08:00 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ettin in the Playground

Just let me know when you guys feel your entries are "complete". Between irl stuff, other online things and working on FableHeart, I really only have time to do run downs sparingly (i.e. as revisionary aides and inquiries on "completed" works).

Felt I had to say this so no one thinks I just up and abandoned the contest or anything. ^^;

29. - Top - End - #209
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

I mostly need suggestions for what items to add to the packs, what armors to add, and what the stats I will give to the armor and weapons (the Destroyer Armor will use two Tier 3 packs, and is based off of the Iron Destroyer Armor, and the Bleeding Edge Armor is just awesome, so those two will have high stats).

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ettin in the Playground

I mostly need suggestions for what items to add to the packs, what armors to add, and what the stats I will give to the armor and weapons (the Destroyer Armor will use two Tier 3 packs, and is based off of the Iron Destroyer Armor, and the Bleeding Edge Armor is just awesome, so those two will have high stats).
    Do you mean the Thor-Buster Armor or that armor he got during Fear Itself?