New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachITP Reborn OOC Thread 16: Apocalypse Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    *ever-so-slight blink* She's directly above Shishiou?

Oh, this will be fun.
    I'm curious, what nefarious plans are you up to?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Any objections to creating Fullbring characters?

Or Fullbring SWORD characters?
    We've had Fullbringers pretty much from day one. They're just lumped in with "mediums".

So at least I wouldn't be opposed to a character drawing from the canon concept of Fullbring. It's well within parameters of powers other mortal characters already have.

@horngeek: What would you like me to do to the NPC 4th Seat twins? Move them up or down a rank in the registry list, or write them to be "away?" EDIT: technically, I suppose they could still hold the same rank. The idea of multiple officers of equal rank is not foreign to the game, after all.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2011-05-24 at 09:14 AM.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

I'm curious, what nefarious plans are you up to?
    I need to get a better feel for her to be sure, but consider this:

Shishiou is basically a more adorable-looking Hitsugaya with a fairy companion. He seriously evokes feelings of cuteness and protection. (Which makes him and Aya the cutest couple EVER.)

I am fully expecting Hotaru to give him the "d'awwwwwwww" treatment.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    We've had Fullbringers pretty much from day one. They're just lumped in with "mediums".

So at least I wouldn't be opposed to a character drawing from the canon concept of Fullbring. It's well within parameters of powers other mortal characters already have.
    The storyline I have for my Fullbring character brings him very much in line with the existing canon concept.

However...how do we explain the retcon that is Yasutora Sado? He clearly has a crap load more abilities than the other Fullbring characters. Where should I draw the line between abilities?

Plus, are Fullbringers allowed to join SWORD? I don't think that they're willing to reject any mortal, but I would like to confirm with the rest of you.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-24 at 09:30 AM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

5. - Top - End - #215
    Bugbear in the Playground

What's the deal with the arse-pull on Chad anyway? I mean, my distaste with the source material has only increased since the end of the execution arc, but this 'fullbring' tripe is grinding my gears. What the devil is the gentle pulling, and out of what? How the piss does drawing out to potential (of whatever hidden item) manifest as a day-of-the-dead themed collection of hollow powers instead of forcing steroids into the 'souls' of inanimate objects?
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

However...how do we explain the retcon that is Yasutora Sado? He clearly has a crap load more abilities than the other Fullbring characters. Where should I draw the line between abilities?
    Not quite true. He can awaken his arms to become inhumanly strong and to use a Cero-like attack. Consider "Invaders must die", which creates a subspace where the owner can set the rules however he likes - that's much more versatile. Besides, in our game, Sado would be classified as "Hollowing" instead.
    Plus, are Fullbringers allowed to join SWORD? I don't think that they're willing to reject any mortal, but I would like to confirm with the rest of you.
    SWORD has accepted Quincies, Bounts, Hollowfied humans and varied mediums in the past - as a Fullbringer is only minorly different from other mediums, I don't see any reason why they'd reject a Fullbringer.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    What's the deal with the arse-pull on Chad anyway? I mean, my distaste with the source material has only increased since the end of the execution arc, but this 'fullbring' tripe is grinding my gears. What the devil is the gentle pulling, and out of what? How the piss does drawing out to potential (of whatever hidden item) manifest as a day-of-the-dead themed collection of hollow powers instead of forcing steroids into the 'souls' of inanimate objects?
    If by execution arc you mean the first arc where they save Rukia? Many fans started disliking the material specifically after that arc
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Orc in the Playground

Just to second this, yes, SWORD takes any applicants.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #219

SWORD has accepted Quincies, Bounts, Hollowfied humans and varied mediums in the past - as a Fullbringer is only minorly different from other mediums, I don't see any reason why they'd reject a Fullbringer.
    I can. "I'm sorry. We are a serious organization and any non-hostile association with people wielding such a ridiculous-sounding supernatural power... -would ruin all of our street cred, forever."

If by execution arc you mean the first arc where they save Rukia? Many fans started disliking the material specifically after that arc
    At the risk of sounding like a waste-of-space hipster, I disliked the post-exec arc tripe before it was popular.
    Last edited by Hadrian_Emrys; 2011-05-24 at 10:16 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

I can. "I'm sorry. We are a serious organization and any non-hostile association with people wielding such a ridiculous-sounding supernatural power... -would ruin all of our street cred, forever."
    They have a member imitating a well-known comic book hero, and a crazy teenage girl who gushes over the school janitor on their list. I don't buy that argument.

11. - Top - End - #221

They have a member imitating a well-known comic book hero, and a crazy teenage girl who gushes over the school janitor on their list. I don't buy that argument.
    -I miss the old game, when it was still in its prime. T_T

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

-I miss the old game, when it was still in its prime. T_T

You're just jealous I got the Iron Man expy in before you could.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    And I got the semi-Batman expy before you could?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Bishop Angelo Damiano (given, family), S.W.O.R.D Agent 08

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Information
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 190cm
    Weight: 90kg
    Reiatsu: Silver with golden tracings and highlights
    Faction: S.W.O.R.D
    Codename: "Palladium Messenger"

Apperance
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bishop Damiano is a tall and built young man with blue eyes that seems more silver than blue with a head of golden blonde hair that shines like soft glow. He bears more than just passing resemblance to the many religious portraits of Archangel Michael, particular those that show him clad in full armor and going tilt with the Dragon.

Being unassigned to any church meant that Angelo did not require to be dressed in the clothing expected for a member of the clergy, to this he prefers clothing that accentuates a tough demeanor and stature, playing up to the sort of "heroic youth" look that is perhaps the only sign of a personality not wrapped up in faith, but born from a time in youth where cartoons and comics captured his imagination more than the Lord.

He is never seen without wearing an elaborate cross forged from an alloy of blessed platinum, palladium, silver and steel. It resembles a cross as well as a tiny hammer, and it serves as Angelo's Fullbring focus.

His reiatsu, should he choose to release it, is truly a spectacle that deserves the "Archangel Michael" association. That strength of faith, ironically brought about by hollow reiatsu and later honed by Angelo's maturity in his Fullbring powers, is pure raw naked domination and strength, an unswerving determination with no compromise nor mercy to the forces of darkness that threatens the innocent and helpless.

Personality
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bishop Damiano is a man of faith, and he lives a very simple life of devotion and discipline. A man who channels 70% of his clerical allowance to various charities and orphanages spends also 70% of his time visiting the same charities and orphanages when he is not on assignments to ensure not just material contributions to ease the pains of the world, but his personal attention and passion as well. Children however do not seem very appreciative of his efforts to be friendly with them, shunning his stern demeanor. He gets along better with older children who show some maturity, recognizing the burden of responsibility that comes with that coming of age.

During assignments he is relentless, tireless and utterly cold, banking the fires of rage only to release them when face to face with the target of his assignment. However, due to the constant lack of opportunities to lead squads or develop leadership skills, Bishop Damiano is unable to rise through the ranks. And if given the opportunity to lead, this deficiency will show itself very quickly.

History
    Spoiler
    Show
    Angelo's birth was a miracle. Her pregnant mother was a victim of a hollow attack right on the hospital bed in Rome, and to make matters worse, tried to possess the woman in order to get to the soul of the yet to be born baby in his mother's womb.

Thankfully, other Agents were about to leave from another extraction mission when their sensors picked up this spiritual assault. Rushing quickly to assist the screaming woman which no amount of tranquilizers would calm down, and swatting doctors and nurses away from her as if they are flies, the Agents manage to drive away the hollow before it was allowed to make full contact with the infant. They managed to save the boy, but the struggles and damage was too much for the mother, who died on the spot. Retrieving Angelo's mother's simple silver cross as a momento for the infant, the Agents decide to send the boy to a SWORD-run orphanage, believing that the boy might develop spiritual abilities after such an encounter.

SWORD was right, as soon as the boy could remember, he has always seen spirits, and could interact with them meaningfully, leading to his caretakers reporting the many instances of "imaginary friends" as evidence of the boy's sensitivity to the paranormal. The assigned teams brought Angelo to the Vatican's Paranormal Division for a series of religious indoctrination and exorcism training, but neglected to teach him any combat skills.

Leading the boy to an armored underground chamber, the frightened boy focuses and schools himself into calmness as he is presented with an arrancar, a low grade animal arrancar which he is given a plain silver cross and a heavily modified handgun. It was then that the boy's constant questions on his parents are answered. Right before the snarling arrancar, Angelo Damiano is told in perfect detail how a hollow, the low grade arrancar in the same room as he is right now, tried to attack him and killed his mother as a consequence. And he is holding his mother's cross right now.

Given a choice to take his first step in serving the Lord by eliminating the evil, or perish knowing that he would always be weak and unworthy of his mother's protection, the let loose the arrancar's restraints.

Righteous anger and the litany of the Word fills Angelo's mind as his reiatsu is released for the first time. But to ask a mere child to defeat an arrancar is too much, and SWORD was forced to take action before the boy suffers too much injuries to be able to be of any use to them. But that moment of defeat is etched deeply into Angelo's mind. He swore to himself that he would never be weak again.

Formalizing his traning as a member of SWORD, Angelo receives his rank of Bishop at the conclusion of his long years of training and rookie assignments. Going down to the forge where SWORD agents have their equipment forged, he takes a month sabbatical down in the hot workshop, smelting his mother's cross with various materials requisitioned from the Church, leaving with the mini-cross/hammer pendant which he wears till now.

Fullbring Powers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Angelo Damiano has all the common abilities of a completed Fullbringer, as well as the following powers:

Michael's Judgement: The cross/hammer that Bishop Angelo Damiano wears is the focus of Angelo's Fullbring powers. When activated, it becomes an oversized hammer that resembles a stylized cross that is as tall as Angelo is, but is lightweight enough to be wielded in one hand. At default this hammer hits hard enough to crack low grade Hierros and resistant enough to withstand up to 5 Cero blasts before it loses its power and reverts back to an ordinary cross. It also boosts Angelo's strength and durability to superhuman levels.

Vanquish: Silvery gold light wreathes the hammer in righteous flames, this allows Angelo to hit enemies with twice his maximum impact power and tear through any supernatural protections with an easier time. This ability works only on hollows and their equivalents, including vizards and arrancars.

Judgement: Even in the case of dual-headed hammers, the top portion is mostly unused. By gripping his weapon with both hands and chanting a litany before swinging the hammer downwards, a jet of reiryoku erupts from the tip of the cross just as the hammer is swung downwards. The impact on the ground, regardless of the actual strength, creates a 20ft diameter shockwave of power that forces back all foes to the edge of this ability's power. The tip of the cross also lengthens into a 100 yard beam attack that smites in a straight line. This beam ignores inorganic materials and attacks with the force of an average cero. Again, like Vanquish, this attack affects only hollows and their equivalents, including vizards and arrancars. Angelo can only use this ability twice a day.

Sanctuary: By focusing his reiryoku, Angelo can invoke a shimmering field of silver light with golden outline in a hemispherical shape. Anybody under this dome of protections find minor injuries heal at a remarkable rate and more serious injuries seem to have stopped bleeding and partially sealed itself up. This field is also highly resistant to attacks equivalent to Michael's Judgement's resilience. Maintaining the field however is draining, and Angelo can only maintain this field for up till 1 minute per day.

Bringer Light: Angelo's bringer light works like sonido, and is as fast as the equivalent of a vice-captain's shunpo.

Spiritual Powers
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bless Water: Bishop Damiano can bless water or any liquid of any quantity no more than 9 gallons into holy water with a concentration of reiryoku and a litany.

Blessed Sight: Angelo has spirit sight which blends effectively with his vision of the mortal world. Shinigami are colored in a blue aura, hollows in red, vizards in purple, arrancar in blood red, spiritually awakened mortals in yellow. He can also see these spiritual beings in perfect clarity.

Blessings of Protection: Angelo can pray for protection for any mortal, providing a one-time shielding effect against any spiritual beings no stronger than a 20th Seat. Against an attack it can effectively block, any damage and effects that would have affected the target is totally negated and the blessings wear off. This blessing lasts for a week or Monday whichever comes first.

Exorcism: Angelo is fully trained in exorcism and has the reiryoku to make it happen with certainty. Against spirits and ghosts no more powerful than an unseated shinigami, Angelo can cast it out of a possessed body (or gigai) by touching the target with his cross, or a spray of holy water. However, since exorcism takes more time and involves potential risks to participants, Angelo would rather use his gun and shoot the target. This ability is most effective against small-time spirits and ghosts.

Exalted Wards: Angelo can bless a single building and its surrounding lands (marked by the boundaries of a fence or road or some other clear markers) for a week, where small-time spirits and ghosts are forbidden from entering the area, nor are they allowed to attack the ward placed on the main entrance of the building.

SWORD Equipment
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unwilling to defile his body for implants and bio-modifications, Angelo compromises by using high-tech equipment.

Left Wrist Dimension Holster: A simple bracelet that can store many items by touching said item to the holster and willing the storage to happen. The bracelet appears to be a ten ring-linked bracelet made from silver. Each ring can hold the equivalent of 1 equipment no bigger than a car. Each occupied ring exudes a dull golden sheen.

Exorcist's Handgun: Fires rubber bullets that affects mortals normally but delivers a powerful blast to spiritual beings. The impact of the rubber bullets also has a good chance of ejecting spiritual beings from their gigai or possessed targets. Stored in the Dimension Holster along with many clips of special rubber bullets.

Holy Water Sprayer: Up to two gallons of water stored in an extra-dimensional space can be sprayed like a flamethrower with a maximum range of 30ft. The type of spray alternates between single globs, a line spray or a cone. This Holy Water is highly corrosive on any spiritual beings composed primary of spiritual particles (gigai is not affected) and will not just deal sustained damage on them, but also partially hamper their movements. Stored in the Dimension Holster.

HUD contact lenses: A pair of clear contact lenses are worn by Angelo to function as a HUD with relevant displays of information, videos, pictures, maps and GPS. It also contains a visual-triggered tracker, marker and sensor array. Comes with an in-ear earbud hearing aid that provides audio and allows whisper-like conversations without impeding hearing ability and even boosting auditory abilities.

Right Wrist High-Tech Computer Rosary: The mainframe is miniaturized in the form of a rosary made from silvery metal. This equipment is responsible for feeding information to the HUD contact lenses and hearing aid.

Protective Clothing: Made from a very lightweight and flexible material, Angelo's clothing is ballistics-proof and knife-proof. When infused with Angelo's reiryoku, it functions as low-grade Hierro. Angelo has a full wardrobe of them and they do not work without Angelo's Rosary.

Physical Prowess
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martial Arts and Weapons Training: Angelo is as well-trained as a Navy Seal.

Physical Conditioning: Focusing on lean muscle, Angelo is a lot stronger, tougher and quicker than he looks.

Hollowfication (Not Yet)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Having powers based on hollows, it is not a stretch to conclude that Angelo can head down to the path of hollowfication. Should this event occur, Angelo's already known status as a "walking theological contradiction" will be strengthened.

Please take a look!
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-24 at 12:08 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Because this deserves a new post.

Last Call for ex-Kido Corp members to join Takeshi's party ends this weekend. Once that comes and goes I'll forward this plot along.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

...Isn't Kuroi the replacement for Callos in the Central 5? The opening post should be updated if so.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

@Nicklance: man, do you need to be that loud? ^_^''

Anyways, since a lot of characters are still training for it, including yours, we should be in no particular hurry. Though I understand if you want to get that aspect over with.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Agent 08 looks good to me, Nicklance. Do note that the protective abilities of his clothing makes it considerably more advanced than even the best equipment given to US soldiers, since it apparently is no more bulky than normal clothing.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    I will neither confirm, nor deny, that outrageous accusation. >_>

Hell, I might still drop my own expy in if the characters are different enough. Which one is it? I'll have to look him up. Might end up with an Iron Man/War Machine setup.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

Minor question, curiosity really. But when might Soushi's potential Kido Corps. Commandership get a definitive yay/nay?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that Yuuta's back in game, I don't think if it's possible to give a definitive answer to that yet. Soushi is adept at Kido and a respected member of Gotei, yes, but he's not (and to my understanding has never been) part of the Corps and Yuuta is the more powerful sorcerer as far as I know. As Gotei is lacking several Captains and Vice-Captains, a direct promotion as opposed to switching organizations alltogether would seem more in place for Soushi.

22. - Top - End - #232

I'm afraid I have not been following your character's plot beyond his profile. How is a member of the 13 supposed to cross over into leading the Corps without having even been a member of it for a time? Note that this is a legitimate question, not being asked with a shred of hostility.

KD: Just looked up your Iron man. Looks like we've taken two similar, but different approaches to the same expy target. Looks like we'll have tech junky rivals in the mortal world after all.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another question. What would everyone think of a quincy gaining slight hollow powers like a vizard?
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

24. - Top - End - #234
    Orc in the Playground

Now that Yuuta's back in game, I don't think if it's possible to give a definitive answer to that yet. Soushi is adept at Kido and a respected member of Gotei, yes, but he's not (and to my understanding has never been) part of the Corps and Yuuta is the more powerful sorcerer as far as I know. As Gotei is lacking several Captains and Vice-Captains, a direct promotion as opposed to switching organizations alltogether would seem more in place for Soushi.
    To Soushi's credit, he is actually holding back a LOT of what he's truly capable of. If it comes to the need to show such things, he'll get along just fine.

Besides, which division would they even promote him to? His own division already has a Captain, and he's not exactly a nice fit for Captaincy of many of the available divisions.

Do note this isn't a complaint. Soushi would rather be in a relatively low-profile, high access position. Captaincy proper adds a lot of responsibilities and visibility that may not be the best for him.

I'm afraid I have not been following your character's plot beyond his profile. How is a member of the 13 supposed to cross over into leading the Corps without having even been a member of it for a time? Note that this is a legitimate question, not being asked with a shred of hostility.
    No hostility taken, really.

To be honest, I've always been a little confused by the whole "the Kidou Corps. are their own organization" thing, considering that they hold the exact same ranks and are under the exact same authority as the rest of the Gotei. So perhaps I'm missing something here. They provide valuable support to the Gotei - they just aren't a division proper.

That said, Soushi has (so far, in the public eye) proven a very reliable and very competent member of the Gotei 13. With morale at an all-time low and Takeshi still at large with potential collaborators, the higher-ups might want someone they feel they can 'trust' with the position; it'd be a politically-based move.

It could also be merely temporary. Yuuta is under observation at present, but once the Takeshi crisis is resolved, they'd have no political reason to keep Soushi there; they'd be able to transfer him elsewhere.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

No offense to Yuuta, as Ryouichi would still work with him if he were the new Kido Commander. But he has his reasons for supporting Soushi, and it is just a recommendation after all.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

To be honest, I've always been a little confused by the whole "the Kidou Corps. are their own organization" thing, considering that they hold the exact same ranks and are under the exact same authority as the rest of the Gotei. So perhaps I'm missing something here. They provide valuable support to the Gotei - they just aren't a division proper.
    Army, the Police and the Ministry of Culture are all under the same authority (ie., the government), yet they have their won separate command structures and differ vastly in every day work and methods.

That's the kind of difference we're talking between Gotei, Onmitsukidou and Kido Corps.

Kido Corps doesn't hold exact same ranks as Gotei - this you can see from the Kido Corps write-up in the wiki, if you'd like.

Kido Corps provides "valuable support" to Gotei in the same vein firefighters might help ambulance workers, and vice versa. But to think they're part of Gotei, just "not a Division proper" is wrong. I could say the only reason Takeshi could pull his stunt in the first place was because he had the authority to tell Gotei members to just stuff it if he wanted to.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Orc in the Playground

Taking a quick look at the divisions left Captainless:

3rd: Magatsu is setting himself up to apply for Captaincy.
    4th: Soushi really doesn't fit the profile of a doctor, unless euthanasia is on the table.
    5th: ...I can't really remember what 5th DOES.
    6th: ...Or 6th for that matter.
    9th: Hirokatsu Goto would have preference. Besides, it's been his eponymous player's plan to elevate him to captaincy anyway.
    11th: Seiko would probably have preference for the post. And even if he didn't, Kazuma is already in the 11th, so I'd rather not have two characters in the same division.

Which means that if Soushi happened to be promoted, it'd be either for 5th or 6th division. 5th (I just checked) does messengers, while 6th deals with reinforcements. Given his penchant for intelligence work, 5th is the closest fit, though 6th offers him less visibility in a way.
    Another question. What would everyone think of a quincy gaining slight hollow powers like a vizard?
    You might want to be more specific. Are you taking about Hierro/Cero? (Hirenkyaku is already the equivalent of Sonido, and Quincy are so much about Dakka that Bala is practically useless for them).

As long as we're not giving a Quincy Ressurreccion/Segunda Etapa, I'm good with that.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

To Soushi's credit, he is actually holding back a LOT of what he's truly capable of. If it comes to the need to show such things, he'll get along just fine.

Besides, which division would they even promote him to? His own division already has a Captain, and he's not exactly a nice fit for Captaincy of many of the available divisions.

Do note this isn't a complaint. Soushi would rather be in a relatively low-profile, high access position. Captaincy proper adds a lot of responsibilities and visibility that may not be the best for him.

No hostility taken, really.

That said, Soushi has (so far, in the public eye) proven a very reliable and very competent member of the Gotei 13. With morale at an all-time low and Takeshi still at large with potential collaborators, the higher-ups might want someone they feel they can 'trust' with the position; it'd be a politically-based move.

It could also be merely temporary. Yuuta is under observation at present, but once the Takeshi crisis is resolved, they'd have no political reason to keep Soushi there; they'd be able to transfer him elsewhere.
    The Kido corps and the Goteai are like the Navy and the Army. They're on the same side, and they're pretty close in ranks, but an officer of the navy really wouldn't have any authority over an army person.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    No offense to Yuuta, as Ryouichi would still work with him if he were the new Kido Commander. But he has his reasons for supporting Soushi, and it is just a recommendation after all.
    Except that the Kido Corps isn't a division of the Gotei. Ryouichi doesn't have any say in who becomes captain. It's up to Central, who will more than likely take his suspension into account.

Edit: I meant more like the canon vizard. Just a bit of a power boost across the board sort of thing.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2011-05-24 at 03:49 PM.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Except that the Kido Corps isn't a division of the Gotei. Ryouichi doesn't have any say in who becomes captain. It's up to Central, who will more than likely take his suspension into account.
    That is why it's a recommendation.

Ryouichi has no authority in the Kido Corps, that does not mean he has no political clout, or does not have the ability to petition the 46th.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

If I recall right, Cackling Oni was a Quincy... you should check his background.

Really, there's a point after which the powers of the different spirits are redundant. In canon, they made a big deal how Shinigami/Hollow hybrids would be superior to either, but that didn't exactly turn out as advertised.

Quincy already have their equivalent to Cero, Bala, Sonido, Negacion and Pesquisa (Arrows, bigger arrows, Hirenkyaku, Ginto and Reiraku tracking, respectively). What they don't have is Hierro or Regeneration, ability to use Garganta, plus Resurreccion.

And if your going to give them resurreccion, you might as well just make a living Hollow or Arrancar who happens to use ranged weapons. (I don't consider "Hollowing" and "Living Vizards" to be truly separate types of beings. Both gain power by Hollowing a part of their body, one just starts with the face.)