New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [Steam] Thread XVII: /sm_rename "Steam Thread": da]mexitt hr[a vise

Quote Originally Posted by Neftren View Post
    Well, now this has started to turn me away :/
    Don't sweat it. Blackfox, Jibar, Rutskarn, and I play a whole bunch, and we love the crap out of it. Just get some good friends together and you'll be fine.

Do you want this gun?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Don't sweat it. Blackfox, Jibar, Rutskarn, and I play a whole bunch, and we love the crap out of it. Just get some good friends together and you'll be fine.

Do you want this gun?
    Hint.

The answer is yes.
    Remember how I was wishing for the peace of oblivion a minute ago?

Yeah. That hasn't exactly changed with more knowledge of the situation. -Security Chief Victor Jones, formerly of the UESC Marathon.

X-Com avatar by BRC. He's good folks.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you want this gun?
    Well, I'm leaning towards getting it, but I still have to arrange a method of actually paying for it.

Is there any way to actually ensure you get the gun/skin you want e.g. through crafting? Or...?

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

Is there any way to actually ensure you get the gun/skin you want e.g. through crafting? Or...?
    Guns are random, that's entirely the point. Sometimes you get a rocket launcher, sometimes you get a rocket launcher that actually shoots acid, and sometimes you get a shotgun rocket launcher that shoots lightning.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaLuigi View Post
    Only if you get the explosive artifact. But Either way, Its fun punching things to death.
    Why, why would you ever pick anything else?
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2010-11-24 at 11:54 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

What, free? :D
    As if. I demand nothing in return, and that's final. I'm serious about this, a whole lot of nothing.

"What, free?" he says. Pah. Ridiculous.

The answer is yes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Ogre in the Playground

Do you want this gun?
    I WANT IT 10memes

Quote Originally Posted by AlterForm View Post
    Perhaps we should get some us Borderlands newbies to do a blind Let's Play together of the first portion(s) of the game?
    I keep suggesting that me and Phuse and Jibbers and Buttskarn do a non-blind Let's Play of Griefing and Car Abuse +5 but every time, I get yelled at.
    Last edited by blackfox; 2010-11-25 at 12:07 AM. Reason: Cannot type
    The Feud continues!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbash Kazdar View Post
    - Feud, the: The 'secret' plot to do something to BlackFox for some reason no one seems to really recall. Accusations of a government cover-up concerning the Feud remain unsubstantiated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoseki View Post
    Hoseki looks between Blackfox and El Jaspero. "...I think the Elemental Plane of Fire has frozen over."

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by blackfox View Post
    I keep suggesting that me and Phuse and Jibbers and Buttskarn do a non-blind Let's Play of Griefing and Car Abuse +5 but every time, I get yelled at.
    Hey, now we've actually fixed up recording we can. Except I shouldn't 'cos I have the most lag as is.

I recommend Borderlands if you have friends to play with. And I also tell you that Roland will be the single most important character in a group.

MAGIC GUN
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Barbarian in the Playground

Also, don't forget to update your wishlists with whatever games you want. Valve's doing a wishlist giveaway. And suggest games that absolutely must be on someone's wishlist (like, say, Portal 2, since I don't see any fine print that disallows it :P).
    I just noticed: You must have 10 games or more on your Steam wishlist to participate in the giveaway. However, if you have 10+ games on your wish list, you are automatically enrolled. So put some games on there, put your favorite 5 at the top, and hope you win.

Also, "If the game can be added to the wishlist, then it's eligible."

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'd love a copy, but I have no way of paying. Unless you want stuff in TF2 or something.
    Not sure if you got it off cogwheel already but I'm also giving it away for free, as I have four spare copies to give away to any who would like one.

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    Not sure if you got it off cogwheel already but I'm also giving it away for free, as I have four spare copies to give away to any who would like one.
    Hasn't yet, but he will.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is Deus Ex really that good? I've only ever played it for like an hour total, so I can't recall much about it other than body part damage and a dark dock. I've followed a few of the LPs including Chia's, which were hilariously entertaining, but you can never really judge a game by someones screenshots of it.... like Daikatana.... damn waste of money.
    Current Sexy Reya Dawnbringer avatar by Edwin, thanks for the awesomeness.

"Come with me, and we'll be...
    In a world of total annihilation." .....Itnetlolor of Bay12 forums

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Ogre in the Playground

Deus Ex is a fun game. It's worth getting in my opinion.

Now that I've got my wishlist at 10, let's hope I get lucky.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

I just bought a load of stuff of my wishlist, so I've had to pad it up to 11.

Deus Ex is a cracking game and should be played by everyone. The graphics haven't aged well, and the voice acting was always... oh my god JC a bomb. But the underlying structure is still gold.

I also quite liked Invisible War, although it's not a patch on the original.
    I write a gaming blog. It also hosts my gaming downloads:

Fatescape - FATE-based D&D emulator, for when you want D&D flavour but not D&D complexity.
    Exalted Mass Combat Rules - Because the ones in the core book suck.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Celesyne View Post
    Is Deus Ex really that good? I've only ever played it for like an hour total, so I can't recall much about it other than body part damage and a dark dock. I've followed a few of the LPs including Chia's, which were hilariously entertaining, but you can never really judge a game by someones screenshots of it.... like Daikatana.... damn waste of money.
    Why not find out? You can get a free copy. It's like a demo, only not like a demo at all.

Personally, I think it's good. Good, and I can see why it was groundbreaking at the time (some games to this day could still learn a thing or two from, say, the gameplay), but I don't think it's the best game ever like many seem to believe. Chalk it up to personal taste.

But yes, certainly good. Worth playing. Though the story gives me more than a few moments of "Dan Brown? Is that you?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Personally, I think it's good. Good, and I can see why it was groundbreaking at the time (some games to this day could still learn a thing or two from, say, the gameplay), but I don't think it's the best game ever like many seem to believe. Chalk it up to personal taste
    Cogwheel has expressed my opinion.

Note also that the game takes some time to get good, and you have to get used to the old-school style of navigation (IE: It's really hard to find where you're going compared to today's map markers and giant glowing energy trails)
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

To Neftren and anyone else who wants a game, a guide to free stuff.

PM me, for I am old and senile, and may forget things. Include the game(s) you want, and your steam name.

I will add you. This may take a bit. When you see the invitation, accept it, this seems to be necessary so I can send stuff.

As soon as I notice that you've added me back, I will send the game. Again, can take a bit - sending me a PM informing me that you've done so might speed things up, or it might not.

Still got... what, five copies of Deus Ex (stupid Steam giving one copy to me, I already have one on D2D) and seven copies of HL2 that aren't spoken for? Four copies of DE if I count the one Neftren will be claiming, I suppose. Anyway. Point is, plenty to go around.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-25 at 08:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, list updated. C'mon, Steam fairy! Love me as I have loved you.

18. - Top - End - #1128

Quote Originally Posted by The Linker View Post
    Alright, list updated. C'mon, Steam fairy! Love me as I have loved you.
    Which is to say, not at all in a platonic/symbiotic manner.

Steam is totally not throwing a tantrum over you being so pathetically cute.

Writings and ramblings would be here. Get it out of my head, and into yours.

Android Sniper avatar courtesy of Kpenguin

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Firbolg in the Playground

Perhaps we should get some us Borderlands newbies to do a blind Let's Play together of the first portion(s) of the game?

I'd be up for this; just bought the game.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

It's a pity my RL friends hate Steam so much, these gift pack things are such great deals, and I'd actually been pretty curious about Borderlands for a while...

Anyway, just did my wishlist for the first time - I did push the most expensive games upwards, just in case the Steam fairy decides to be nice, though

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Ettin in the Playground

That why ranking exists! Yay!

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

I've also got Borderlands if people are interested. Just not on Steam.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonomuss View Post
    Hasn't yet, but he will.
    I was referring to Borderlands in that specific post, but okay :D

To Neftren and anyone else who wants a game, a guide to free stuff.

PM me, for I am old and senile, and may forget things. Include the game(s) you want, and your steam name.

I will add you. This may take a bit. When you see the invitation, accept it, this seems to be necessary so I can send stuff.

As soon as I notice that you've added me back, I will send the game. Again, can take a bit - sending me a PM informing me that you've done so might speed things up, or it might not.

Still got... what, five copies of Deus Ex (stupid Steam giving one copy to me, I already have one on D2D) and seven copies of HL2 that aren't spoken for? Four copies of DE if I count the one Neftren will be claiming, I suppose. Anyway. Point is, plenty to go around.
    My SteamID is 'Polytonic' (you can add me directly from my sig). I'll PM you later, since I'm posting from my phone and that's... a painful experience.

Edit: Was also wondering if anyone got the Borderlands Six-Pack...
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-11-25 at 10:15 AM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

I was referring to Borderlands in that specific post, but okay :D
    Wait, I thought you wanted a copy of Deus Ex? Now I'm confused. I can't actually provide Borderlands >_>
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

25. - Top - End - #1135

How does one rank the games on their Steam wishlist?

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, I thought you wanted a copy of Deus Ex? Now I'm confused. I can't actually provide Borderlands >_>
    Deus Ex works too, though I just found out my brother owns it on his Steam account (the whole collection). Probably better for you to let another person have it. Thanks for the offer though! Very kind of you.

Quote Originally Posted by watsyurname529 View Post
    How does one rank the games on their Steam wishlist?
    Drag them up and down while in the Steam client view (not a webpage).
    Last edited by Neftren; 2010-11-25 at 10:21 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drascin View Post
    Anyway, just did my wishlist for the first time - I did push the most expensive games upwards, just in case the Steam fairy decides to be nice, though
    Indeed -- I wouldn't want to get Black Ops from friends or family and I certainly wouldn't like to buy it myself, because I don't really like the way they're applying console game prices to PC games and I just don't have a huge urge to play it. I will totally take it for free from the Steam Fairy, though.
    Last edited by The Linker; 2010-11-25 at 10:26 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1138

Drag them up and down while in the Steam client view (not a webpage).
    Ah. There we go. Thanks.

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Troll in the Playground

Deus Ex works too, though I just found out my brother owns it on his Steam account (the whole collection). Probably better for you to let another person have it. Thanks for the offer though! Very kind of you.
    You're probably right, I'll see if anyone else wants the remaining copies. Ah well. Sorry about the confusion. What a shame.
    Last edited by Cogwheel; 2010-11-25 at 10:36 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew:
    The Sandman

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Cogwheel, you should totally give Half Life 2 to Blackfox and Raven. They are two fine upstanding ladies aside from their disturbing lack of reloading, Doctor Freeman.