New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1498
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 10: La Li Lu Le Lo

And the ship becomes ever more seaworthy.

Clinton is having the oddest trouble with females these days. He needs to go back to his oddly hot nerdy-stud form.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Ettin in the Playground

Questionable Content 11: Aghlbglh

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Bugbear in the Playground

Questionable Content 11: It's Like Seeing A Unicorn

Bubbles, don't break Clinton until after he pays for his repair work.

Then maybe just crush his hand. If he keeps being a creepster, you might be able to make it into a self-sustaining cycle.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    Questionable Content 11: It's Like Seeing A Unicorn

Bubbles, don't break Clinton until after he pays for his repair work.

Then maybe just crush his hand. If he keeps being a creepster, you might be able to make it into a self-sustaining cycle.
    And he's spineless enough that he wouldn't even rebel over it. Seriously, he apparently keeps getting extorted money by women, and doesn't even seem to mind...
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    And he's spineless enough that he wouldn't even rebel over it. Seriously, he apparently keeps getting extorted money by women, and doesn't even seem to mind...
    Who do you think is more spineless, Clinton or Ma3's Gary?

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Who do you think is more spineless, Clinton or Ma3's Gary?
    Clinton has made more of his own choices. At least proportionally.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Felius View Post
    In fairness, I wouldn't call Faye's bit extortion. This is what she gets paid for now. Unless she was involved in his getting his hand attached Pintsize, she's just making sure she gets paid for her work.

I can totally understand wanting to make sure casual acquaintances (and that's really all those two are at the moment) don't think they can hit you up for free work all the time.
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Also remember the very first job they had, was the butt for that one robot girl, and when it was done, she figured it was free and didn't want to pay. So now she's making sure ahead of time everyone is on the same page about the money issue.

9. - Top - End - #1449

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    In fairness, I wouldn't call Faye's bit extortion. This is what she gets paid for now. Unless she was involved in his getting his hand attached Pintsize, she's just making sure she gets paid for her work.

I can totally understand wanting to make sure casual acquaintances (and that's really all those two are at the moment) don't think they can hit you up for free work all the time.
    Actually, given that she is one Pintsize roommates, one would likely be less charitable about. The free work is not because her and Clinton are casual acquaintances, but because her friend and roommate is responsible for it. Either stage an intervention and get him under control, cut the little **** out of her life (at least from the "inner circle") or you kinda are going to be held partially responsible for his ****.

Personally, if Faye demands being paid then Clinton should likely have either demanded Pintsize to pay it or simply called emergency services so they can detach them, arrest the little **** (harassment probably. Possibly assault or battery too) for it, and ruin the whole party.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Ettin in the Playground

Man, it sure is a good thing we know all the circumstances behind this joke so that we can work out its moral implications to the Nth degree.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Yeah, I'd point out that given how gaga Clinton gets over some things, it's perfectly believable that he was willing to see if Pintsize could be mounted on the attachment for his hand. Pintsize is a jerk, but he usually doesn't assault people (which is what doing it against Clinton's will would entail).

In other news... Wendy's skin covering? Ok....

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Colossus in the Playground

Considering how famous (infamous?) they are for staying cutting edge on their marketing (wendys twitter roasts) the idea of handing out wendy pattern skin coloring isnt that strange in this universe.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Not sure if it's that smart to scan the other hand... shouldn't they wait and then scan the cybernetic one, just in case it's not 100% the same form? I mean yes, she says it's elastic and can compensate some, but why not do it right?

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Not sure if it's that smart to scan the other hand... shouldn't they wait and then scan the cybernetic one, just in case it's not 100% the same form? I mean yes, she says it's elastic and can compensate some, but why not do it right?
    I'm pretty sure Bubbles' comment was meant to be read as "don't worry about it, I'm the author and I say this way will work", at least for the purposes of answering that concern.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Firbolg in the Playground

I suspect the measurements of the scan will also be used in determining the final dimensions of the prosthesis. They gotta match, right?
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    They gotta match, right?
    Yeah, but not the fingerprints.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by halfeye View Post
    Wait, have we had any indication that that was an issue? I've been working under the assumption that they were like modern prosthetics unless otherwise indicated, like being a lot closer to a real hand than what we have so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Ettin in the Playground

I figured it was so it would look like he had an actual hand and not some kind of Uncanny Valley effect. But the Wendy's suggestion might be an argument against that.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

19. - Top - End - #1459

BarbarianGuy

Did his original robo-hand have fingerprints?
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Squish View Post
    I suspect the measurements of the scan will also be used in determining the final dimensions of the prosthesis. They gotta match, right?
    True if they were making the hand maybe. Which they aren't...

21. - Top - End - #1461
    Firbolg in the Playground

True if they were making the hand maybe. Which they aren't...
    Well, they're taking it apart and putting it all back together, so there's probably some flexibility in terms of final dimensions. If they wanted to readjust bits, this would be the time to do it.
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1462

BarbarianGuy

Questionable Content 11: We Are Not F-
    Last edited by stsasser; 2017-07-17 at 10:07 PM.
    The Giant
    There are no mistakes, because there are no rules. NONE. No, not even that one.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by stsasser View Post
    Did his original robo-hand have fingerprints?
    I don't know whether it did.

What I was intending to get at is that your left fingerprints are not mirror images of your right finger prints, so if they did copy the fingerprints they would be unrealistic because they would be exact mirror copies of the real ones on his left hand.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Colossus in the Playground

What I was intending to get at is that your left fingerprints are not mirror images of your right finger prints, so if they did copy the fingerprints they would be unrealistic because they would be exact mirror copies of the real ones on his left hand.
    How likely is it that there even is a file with his missing fleshy hands fingerprints on it? He can just say, "Yo, this hand is fake, take prints off this one to id me."
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Titan in the Playground

Three possibilities:
    One, fingerprints on prosthetics must remain consistent for legal reasons in case of criminal investigation, in which case he should have a record of what they were on his broken prosthetic (or they could check directly, I don't think the fingers were too badly damaged).
    Two, fingerprints on prosthetics exist only for grip reasons, so who cares, they can do what they like as long as it works. Possibly the scan isn't that precise anyway.
    Three, the covering can't hold ridges that tiny, there's no prints.

I'd say probably one of the last two.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2017-07-17 at 06:36 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #1466
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    Yeah, I'd point out that given how gaga Clinton gets over some things, it's perfectly believable that he was willing to see if Pintsize could be mounted on the attachment for his hand. Pintsize is a jerk, but he usually doesn't assault people (which is what doing it against Clinton's will would entail).

In other news... Wendy's skin covering? Ok....
    Honestly I don't see how pintsize could have done that by himself without cooperation, I mean he doesn't even have proper hands and is too small to reach if Clinton just lifts his arm. I guess he might have gotten Clinton in his sleep but the connection is at his back, unless it is a connection you just press in it sounds infeasible.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    Honestly I don't see how pintsize could have done that by himself without cooperation, I mean he doesn't even have proper hands and is too small to reach if Clinton just lifts his arm. I guess he might have gotten Clinton in his sleep but the connection is at his back, unless it is a connection you just press in it sounds infeasible.
    Pintsize does a lot of mysterious things.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    How likely is it that there even is a file with his missing fleshy hands fingerprints on it? He can just say, "Yo, this hand is fake, take prints off this one to id me."
    That would work, if they were being reasonable. If they weren't, then hi-jinks, which may be the plan, but probably isn't.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ettin in the Playground

That would work, if they were being reasonable. If they weren't, then hi-jinks, which may be the plan, but probably isn't.
    Come to think of it, have fingerprints ever been a plot point? I can't recall any off the top of my head, but there are a lot of comics, so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    We should try to make that a thing; I think it might help civility. Hey, GitP, let's try to make this a thing: when you're arguing optimization strategies, RAW-logic, and similar such things that you'd never actually use in a game, tag your post [THEORETICAL] and/or use green text

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Well there is always the potential for bubbles being attracted to the one person who was the main force behind her freedom. And faye not feeling the same in return. After all, right now its only been one sided as a more then friends feeling. Bubbles let a bit slip last night and they both retreated from each other after that. Now she is protesting too much. I get the feeling bubbles is attatched to faye because of everything but faye wont feel the same in return. After all, we need some real drama dangit!
    Well...

Spoiler
    Show
    You're at least half right so far, judging from Bubble's comments in tonight's comic. Now, is Faye that clueless?