New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic RP Recruitment Thread

"Enough fooling around, there's Science to be done!"

Name: Dr Cusofour (as in CuSO4, or Copper sulphate)
    Appearance:
    Skills: Science, particularly the study of friendship, high energy physics and magitech.
    Biography: Dr Cusofour is the visiting professor of Applied Friendship at Canterlot academy and occasional adviser to the princess, positions he gained through "Well honed curiosity, dedication and hard work" (yes, he says that often enough for it to be in quote marks).

Lives in a stable above his lab on the outskirts of town which has an extensive library and really far more lab space than he needs.

May or may not be plotting to take over Equestria by brainwashing everypony into being his friend with orbital weaponry.

Personality: He is stuffy, bookish, has a seemingly endless supply of useless information. He is somewhat arrogant but willing to help anyone who needs it, even if he is not always very modest about it. He likes stimulating conversations and intellectual challenges and dislikes people who disregard knowledge and things that ruin peace and quiet. A bit prickly but a good and loyal friend if you make allowances for him.

Relationships: Probably knows everypony somewhat, ponies who have an interest in science/technology more so.

(Given that he is an occasional adviser to the princess, I am toying with him having a dragon secretary/lab assistant either as a secondary character or as someone played by someone else, what do people think? The more odd-coupleish the better.)
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2011-03-24 at 06:01 AM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Incidentally, Floppy Disk is a graduate of MIT (Maresechussets Institute of Technology).

And when Kyuubi and I were bouncing ideas between each other, I came up with the idea of this being set in "Silicolt Valley"

Ponyvania...could work. Though I feel like it'd be an obvious "Also-Ran" name to Ponyville.

However...we are totally going to have a seaside town now.

And while you history-of-Equestrians may be trying to map out the history of the world, I have no problem with Samurais and Computers occupying the same time period.

Seems like we might have enough ponies to start soon. So anyone who wants to throw their two bits in (And yes, bits ARE the currency of this world) should do so now!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Did Floppydisk set up my lab computers?
    GNU Terry Pratchett

4. - Top - End - #34
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    And while you history-of-Equestrians may be trying to map out the history of the world, I have no problem with Samurais and Computers occupying the same time period.
    Spoiler
    Show

Neither do I.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Whoops, I forgot to give Snickerdoodle a cutie mark. XD Um... Spatula, Chefs Hat, or a Trio of Cookies?
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDMMk3 View Post
    Did Floppydisk set up my lab computers?
    This is both possible and likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Whoops, I forgot to give Snickerdoodle a cutie mark. XD Um... Spatula, Chefs Hat, or a Trio of Cookies?
    I'd say the trio of cookies myself, though the Chef's Hat is also viable.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

(Given that he is an occasional adviser to the princess, I am toying with him having a dragon secretary/lab assistant either as a secondary character or as someone played by someone else, what do people think? The more odd-coupleish the better.)
    EDIT: On second thought, I should rein myself in a bit. I'll see what my posting schedule looks like before adding to it. If after a week of play I reckon I can support more I'll take you up on this.

The cookies, sir.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2011-03-24 at 09:00 AM.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

A trio of cookies in a triangular pattern it shall be, then!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm just posting to say I am so in this, and will post a proper character sheet when I'm out of class.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

The wonderful Alarra has made me a ponytar.

Fillies and Gentlecolts, meet Floppy Disk!

But do try to be quiet. He's had a hard day.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Rather than use my avatar... I will invent a new pony!

Name: Foxglove

Appearance: A light green unicorn with a lilac mane and tail -- tail is a little short, but mane is kept long and bound at the bottom. Her soft, sleepy eyes are a deep purple color. Her cutiemark is a purple Foxglove flower with a white butterfly on it.

Skills: Animal Empathy + Magic, Dreaminess, Standard Unicorn Telekinetics, Some Plant Magics, The Voice, Creativity

Weaknesses: Social skills, clear communication, prone to feelings of guilt and inferiority, Dreamy, Distractable, Overly Quick-to-forgive.

Biography: Foxglove's chief duty is taking care of the animals around town. No one actually gave her that job... It just sort of happened. She was there one day, doing that job, and any attempts to dissaude her was met with a quiet little giggle... And then she'd be back at it, making sure that the caterpilars were making their coccoons at the right time, and so on.

She lives in a small wooded glade, made by an almost wall-of-trees surrounding a larger tree with bits of her house scattered in it and in its branches. It may or may not have been here before she arrived.

Her past before arriving in town is something she doesn't talk about.

Personality: Foxglove is dreamy -- she has a tendency to trail off most of her thoughts and sentences, only to pick it up with new energy in a seemingly unrelated train of thought. The thoughts she does communicate tend to be...strange.
    A sample conversation-starter:
    "Do you suppose that clouds like having rain squeezed out of them?...Maybe if it was like a hug... ... .... I hope the ponybot rebellion won't hurt any animals. Or ponies, I suppose."
    She's very gentle with her animal friends, and actually occaisonally appears to be focused on her self-apointed duties. Singing occurs. She's very mellow, but seems to be strangely stubborn -- or maybe she's honestly just tuning out ponies that she doesn't agree with. It is hard to tell. She does what she wants, basically. She cares about others, but not about rules. She enjoys company, but don't be surprised if she drifts away mid-game, or forgets the rules. She wants to help other ponies, but doesn't often see herself as good enough, treasuring little opportunities. Does not like expressing her feelings in public. She tends to view anything nervous, small, and frightened as being her responsibility in the same way animals are. Likes finding metaphors for her experiences.

The voice is a property of Foxglove: when confronted with someone (usually an animal, but very rarely a pony) in a state of high distress, she'll begin speaking to them very calmly, in a warm, bright voice that seems to surround them and take them, mentally, to a "happy place," where they can be reasoned with or calmed. It is a sort of natural magic.

Relationships
    She's fond of her co-worker, Silvermane, and usually sensitive to the other pony's sensitivity.
    She also seems to be developing a friendship with Snickerdoodle and Snapjaw.
    Also, she has a fox friend/pet. She is also named Foxglove. Confusion ensues.
    Last edited by Deme; 2011-04-04 at 01:40 PM.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

I like her! :O
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Thanks ^^
    Cookie to the first person to figure out how to connect those two thought-trains in her example quote. The minimum number of thoughts required for it to make sense is 4.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

We're getting increasingly close to pony launch! Any suggestions you want to make before we start, you should do it soon!

In particular, what should we name our town? So far all we've got is Ponyvania.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Cool character. I'm somewhat reminded of Luna from Harry Potter.

And I like the name Ponysylvania. Sylvania means "woods" IIRC, so shortening it to Ponyvania kinda... breaks the word, grammatically speaking.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I think a crude map may help, just so we know what is in town and have a rough geography. Let me muse on this.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cool character. I'm somewhat reminded of Luna from Harry Potter.

And I like the name Ponysylvania. Sylvania means "woods" IIRC, so shortening it to Ponyvania kinda... breaks the word, grammatically speaking.
    I think a crude map may help, just so we know what is in town and have a rough geography. Let me muse on this.
    I fully intended it to be the suggested name from the thread, but could not find/forgot what it had been.

Also, I've got a general idea for Ponsylvania's layout. *Ahem...*

This is Ponyvania. Situated along a large lake with a natural beach, and not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot, a male earth pony with a slight Spanish accent who loves to dance and perform on stage, likes to think of himself as a fillies' colt.

Yay or neigh?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox Trot, a male earth pony with a slight Spanish accent who loves to dance and perform on stage, likes to think of himself as a fillies' colt.

Yay or neigh?
    Could use a few more details but I don't see anything particularly wrong with it.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

This is Ponyvania. Situated along a large lake with a natural beach, and not far from town is Mt. Trotia, with a waterfall that feeds into the lake. The town is surrounded by a lush forest which the ponies of the town both use and nurture with delicate balance.
    Sounds good!

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

Yay or neigh?
    Yay!

I'm so looking forward to this. I get the feeling this game is going to be...

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

On the outskirts of town is a large single story white brick building with what looks like a very thin roof. On the side of the building is Dr Cusofour's cutiemark and the following, very large sign.

Warning!
    Inside this building, Science is done. This often means open flames, dangerous liquids and other things you should not put in your mouth. If you don't know what something is, don't touch it. The following are not permitted in the lab save for under test conditions:
    Balloons.
    Whistles.
    Streamers.
    Musical instruments.
    Invisible Ink.
    Surprise parties.
    Loud and/or unexpected noises.
    Foxglove.

I don't want to have to tell anyone again!
    Warning!
    Last edited by Evil DM Mark3; 2011-03-24 at 03:12 PM.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Name: Sketch Artist (Sketch for short)

Skills: An excellent artist- prefers drawing. She's good at telling stories, and has a remarkable memory for odd details.

Biography: Sketch has just recently arrived in Ponysylvania. She's probably from one of the smaller districts in Canterlot, though she maintains that she is an explorer from a sunken city deep in the ocean.

Personality: She's very inquisitive, and enjoys learning about people. Her first instinct when encountering something new is to pull out her sketchbook and start drawing. She also has a habit of making up outrageous tales when she's bored.

Relationships: As mentioned above, she's just arrived in town and doesn't know anyone yet. She's probably going to fix that shortly.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Name: Fox Trot

Appearance: Mocha furred with a fabulously coiffed jet black mane and russet red brown eyes.

Cutie Mark: A series of hoof dance steps

Skills: He is the Colt of Dance, thus his skill is dancing. He has a dance studio called the Leaping Pony in which he instructs young fillies and colts (think Cutie Crusader aged). However he remains somewhat accident prone and loses his sense of grace, especially if flying rocks and slush are involved

Biography: Hailing from Manehatten he is most definitely a city pony at heart. He moved to Bridle Shores in attempt to start someplace new after having had, had a fall out with his former dance partner, among other complications. He has grown to really like this place despite the weirdness factor.

Personality: A forward pony who's anything but shy. He was raised to be a gentlecolt and has the impulsive need to help fillies, even if they end up being fine without his help. He also has the impulsive need to put others before him even if he ends up getting hurt in some way. He is quick to apologize even when he does not need to and shouldn't. There is a sadness in him that he does his best to hide behind his dopey grins. Mental issues aside, he is really just a friendly pony who wants good friends. He can be a little silly sometimes in that dopey way.

Relationships:

Acquaintances: Purple, Dr. Cunning, Charger.
    Spoiler
    Show

Purple-A strange pony, enjoys her silly cartoon antics.
    Dr. Cunning-Doesn't quite know him much to form a proper opinion.
    Charger- Finds them to be an adorable little foal, fancies their rambunctiousness.

Casual Friendships: Icy Touch, Foxglove, Silvermane, Snickerdoodle, Soft Serve, Grills and Whitefire.
    Spoiler
    Show

Grills- One of his closer male friends, share a respect and strong passion for their respective skills.
    Foxglove-Finds her abstracted quirks endearing in a cute introspective way. Enjoyed the little dance with her.
    Silvermane-Feels bad for inadvertently making her sad during the party, really wants to make it up.
    Snickerdoodle: Seems like a cool fellow, likes his enthusiasm he has in his trade.
    Soft Serve- Feels like there's something more to this bartender and wants to get to know her more.
    Whitefire- Intimidating at first to him but after their dance and seeing her loosen up a bit, he kind of wants to see that smile more often.
    Icy Touch- Likes her a lot as a friend, enjoys hanging around her and getting to know her. Has opened up to her a lot.

Close Friendships: None.
    Intimate Friendships: None.
    Past Relations
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quickstep, his first love and former dance partner, blames himself for losing her.
    Last edited by Benson; 2011-08-08 at 11:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

No, wait! It's dangerous! Take this!

Name: Black Brush

Appearance: Dark grey, almost black furred earth pony with a pitch black mane and tail with dark purple streaks in them. He has gold eyes and a paint brush leaving a rainbow paint trail behind it as a cutie mark.
    Spoiler
    Show

I tend to draw single characters on one side of the paper...

Skills: Black Brush is the best painter around, and makes a living off of portraits he paints for other ponies. He can sculpt and sketch as well but nowhere near as well as he can paint.

Personality: Black Brush is quiet and mopey, but he tries to smile and be polite when around other ponies.

Relationships: None yet, and I doubt he'll make many.

Was I too late? Is it even possible to be late?
    Last edited by CrimsonAngel; 2011-03-24 at 04:11 PM.
    ____

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

It is zero percent possible to be late.

For one, we are not closing recruitment just because the game starts. Ponies are welcome at any time. ((We may even need more than one thread if we get an overload in this one! But let's not get ahead of ourselves))

For another, we haven't started yet...oh but soon...VERY soon now.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

I can't wait to depress you all with my missery.
    ____

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Name Suggestions if anyone cares

Bridle Shores/Bridle Bay
    Trottingham
    Coltsburg

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I like Bridle shores/Bridle Bay

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Fillies and Gentlecolts...

Behold!
    Last edited by Trobby; 2011-03-24 at 04:49 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Barbarian in the Playground

...I need to be part of this.

Name: Spearmint (usually just 'Mint'-- full name if he's in trouble )
    Appearance: Mint is a light green earth pony with fur the color of mint icecream. His mane a few shades darker green, and tends to be matted and 'bed head' looking. Mint always looks a little sickly, and yawns often, but he's never without a small, tired smile.
    Cutie Mark: A single raindrop.
    Skills: Herbalist; Mint has a vast knowledge of different herbal remedies, as well as some basic first-aid ability, acquired in his search for a cure for his condition.
    Biography: Mint was born with a rare chemical imbalance that makes it difficult for him to stay awake; combined with at least minor allergies to just about everything under the sun, Mint was very sickly as a young colt and for a few years it was not sure he would survive. Mint refused to allow his condition to squash his love of life, however, and grew quickly, determined to find a way to beat his maladies and enjoy life to its fullest. Just because they make him sneeze doesn't stop him from stopping to smell the flowers along the way. So far he has not found the magic cure, but is able to function by chewing the stems of the plant after which he was named. As well as providing a minor stimulant, the Spearmint stems help relieve his allergies-- and make him smell pleasantly crisp wherever he goes.
    Personality: Mint is quiet and agreeable, but possessed of a willpower greater than his looks suggest. He's not an intellectual, and anything more than basic math confuses him (long devision is right out), but he has a strong common sense and thinks quickly on his feet. Even though he does sometimes wish he had been born healthy, he is not jealous of the other ponies and doesn't grudge them for his circumstances. Mint always learns from his mistakes, and doesn't get depressed even when things go against him-- the sun will always come out after the rain.
    Relationships: Open for relationships!
    Picture: (Requesting!)
    Deo Soli Sit Semper Gloria

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Its offical. Overwilliam is Duke Devlin.