New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 223738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1381
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post
    ^>>>^ aww. Thanks~
    And then there are the fantastic fillies, like Phoe and Lixie and filly!SiuiS~
    There is a Filly Lixie and a Filly SiuiS somewhere!? Why was I not informed of this sooner?

Okay, so you only meant Filly!SiuiS, but I'll be darned if I can't get the only form of blackmail that will work on anyone, even a goddess: cute baby pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGH KILL IT WITH FIRE, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
    That isn't Rainbow Dash! It's some twisted lab experiment gone wrong!
    But, why Rainbow Dash; it should be Rarity there. I'll let Spike sum up my reaction.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by tonberrian View Post
    *looks over shoulder for mods*

Look, I'm not supposed to talk about this, but Roland says we're not supposed to talk about bananas. It's sort of like the mind control that there is none of, citizen. I will go back to my ponies.
    Oh! I wanna eat bananas! I don't know why but bananas are not allowed on this forum. (it was originally opium in the game, but Nintendo censored it. And yet they let the Medusa enemy sprite in the previous game through. )

I'd be pretty surprised if anypony here actually recognizes The Final Fantasy Legend games.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

2. - Top - End - #1382
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerlord View Post
    AAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUGH KILL IT WITH FIRE, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!!
    That isn't Rainbow Dash! It's some twisted lab experiment gone wrong!
    So Rainbow Dash has a pet... butterfly? That's still a caterpillar?

That's certainly... unique, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

3. - Top - End - #1383
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yessiree, ЭВА would be pronounced very close to EVA. But I don't think it sounds very military-Russian.

My favorite example is the TOS-1 Buratino heavy flamethrower. They don't care if the abbreviation sounds cool or not, if it's pronounceable or not (try to say PZRK (Man-portable air-defense system)). They have the most 'correct' and compound phrase for the object to be named, abbreviate that and add a number to the end. Sometimes some letters after that to distinguish modifications. Then they add a cool (or, in the case of Buratino, silly) name. Would you name a flamethrower Pinocchio?

What does that mean for you? I have no idea. What exactly does EVA do? You just say just that, add "system" to the end, translate, abbreviate, add a random number, and then something like "Matryoshka" or "Beryozka" as a name. Here you go, all done. If you want, I can do the translating.
    Specifically, it's for a Command & Conquer Red Alert-style briefing, where the AI introduces itself to the Eurasian Solar Union commander (the ESU being Russia+China as a superpower, now with added extra cheesey Red Alert Soviet flavour).

If you're not familiar with C&C (why not?! It's awesome!), the EVA (which is what the GDI called it in C&C main, and was a woman called Lt EVA in Red Alert 2 and 3 (the bloke's voice in RA 1 that did the same job was never addressed in universe.) It's the thingy that gives you your briefing and makes helpful statements like "Reinforcements have arrived," "Constructon complete," "Unit lost" and "Missile Launch detected! Ahahaha!" Oh, wait, no, that last one was just CABAL (the Brotherhood of Nod's version, who was the most awesome.)

Any suggestions you (or anyone else) can make on that front, in part or in whole, are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    (Whoops, completely slipped through my quote-cloud)

...and it looks like I forgot the third 'E'. I'm reminded on how crazy this language actually is.

That particular 'E' is pronounced "Eee". So yeah, that is pretty close to EVA. Unfortunately, I don't know enough Russian to really help here. I can read it just find, I just don't know many words. Once you do find something, I can at least help with pronunciation.
    Between you, me and fizmat, we might even get somewhere...!

Also, I think we've said this before, but Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would make awesomely hilarious EVAs (and Celestia and Twilight more practically awesome ones.) Rarity...yeah not so much. Not because she isn't awesome (because she is), but because she'd keep nagging you on how untidy your base is, and complaining that the enemy side's colours just don't match your defences...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-10 at 03:06 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1384
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Sounds like he did a poor job of commanding them, then. And I feel dumber for having said that. Not a good day in Phoeville. Definitely managed to bring some kind of virus back from GenCon.

In other thread related news, I fully endorse Inkwell's statements about shoulder ponies. Shoulder ponies for everypony! They can be all tiny and adorable and huggable and squee. Just stay away from bananas.
    Aw. Feel better soon. Also, I guess shoulder ponies would be cute. And useful, to boot. It'd be like having a familiar to assist you. But now I'm imagining being woken up at the crack of dawn by a pony partner who's tired of watching you sleep.

5. - Top - End - #1385
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Oh! I wanna eat bananas! I don't know why but bananas are not allowed on this forum. (it was originally opium in the game, but Nintendo censored it. And yet they let the Medusa enemy sprite in the previous game through. )

I'd be pretty surprised if anypony here actually recognizes The Final Fantasy Legend games.
    Nintendo and bananas reminds me of StarTropics. Man, Nintendo must have been bananas about bananas back then.

And yes, I played the FFL series. Beat the first (yay Hydra petrifying breath!) and third games. Never the second, though - for some reason, every time I played the Fist/Kick weapon suddenly spiked to 999 damage for a few hits and then dropped back down to 1 damage a hit, and it always happened when fighting viruses inside the Giant. That became... very annoying, about the third time playing the game. I perferred FF Adventure anyways.

I understand that the whole Saga series - Saga Frontier, Romancing Saga - was a continuation of Final Fantasy Legend, much as Secret of Mana was a continuation of Final Fantasy Adventure.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

6. - Top - End - #1386
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Aw. Feel better soon. Also, I guess shoulder ponies would be cute. And useful, to boot. It'd be like having a familiar to assist you. But now I'm imagining being woken up at the crack of dawn by a pony partner who's tired of watching you sleep.
    I can see it now...they'd be like cats on a permanent sugar rush
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

7. - Top - End - #1387
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Specifically, it's for a Command & Conquer Red Alert-style briefing, where the AI introduces itself to the Eurasian Solar Union commander (the ESU being Russia+China as a superpower, now with added extra cheesey Red Alert Soviet flavour).

If you're not familiar with C&C (why not?! It's awesome!), the EVA (which is what the GDI called it in C&C main, and was a woman called Lt EVA in Red Alert 2 and 3 (the bloke's voice in RA 1 that did the same job was never addressed in universe.) It's the thingy that gives you your briefing and makes helpful statements like "Reinforcements have arrived," "Constructon complete," "Unit lost" and "Missile Launch detected! Ahahaha!" Oh, wait, no, that last one was just CABAL (the Brotherhood of Nod's version, who was the most awesome.)
    Battlefield control online...

Stand bye, commander.

I tried making a Yuri (not that sort, stop sniggering) pony when I first got into ponies, but it was rubbish.

Favourite unit/character from RA1/2, for research purposes? (I refuse to believe RA3 exists)

8. - Top - End - #1388
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Etcetera View Post

Stand bye, commander.

I tried making a Yuri (not that sort, stop sniggering) pony when I first got into ponies, but it was rubbish.

Favourite unit/character from RA1/2, for research purposes? (I refuse to believe RA3 exists)
    Demolition Truck.

Obviously.

9. - Top - End - #1389

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Nintendo and bananas reminds me of StarTropics. Man, Nintendo must have been bananas about bananas back then.

And yes, I played the FFL series. Beat the first (yay Hydra petrifying breath!) and third games. Never the second, though - for some reason, every time I played the Fist/Kick weapon suddenly spiked to 999 damage for a few hits and then dropped back down to 1 damage a hit, and it always happened when fighting viruses inside the Giant. That became... very annoying, about the third time playing the game. I perferred FF Adventure anyways.

I understand that the whole Saga series - Saga Frontier, Romancing Saga - was a continuation of Final Fantasy Legend, much as Secret of Mana was a continuation of Final Fantasy Adventure.
    Hooray, there is somepony else who has actually played these games!

Sure, some of the programming is a bit wonky in those games, but I still prefer to play SaGa, because Final Fantasy is too mainstream.

Stand bye, commander.

But, how would you make a Yuri pony? Wouldn't you need at least two for that? Unless, Yuri is her special talent, or she has some sort of self-replicating ability.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1390
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh, man, the Final Fantasy Legend games. I grew up on FFL 2 and 3, they were a part of my childhood. I wanna play them again.

And feel better, Phoe!

11. - Top - End - #1391
    Titan in the Playground

Tesla anything!

*Is in the middle of painting some ESU powered infantry models as Tesla Troopers*

Rubber shoes in motion!

Now I want to make a pony called Tesla who's grey with a red mane and has a lightning bolt cutie mark.

12. - Top - End - #1392
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Those were some of my favorite games as a kid, actually. What I don't understand is why they picked opium in the first place. The whole thing was a cover for smuggling Magi, right? Why disguise them as something illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post

The damage in hand to hand attacks is supposed to increase as the uses remaining get lower.
    Last edited by RdMarquis; 2011-08-10 at 03:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1393

Quote Originally Posted by RdMarquis View Post
    Those were some of my favorite games as a kid, actually. What I don't understand is why they picked opium in the first place? The whole thing was a cover for smuggling Magi, right? Why disguise them as something illegal?
    Actually, if I remember correctly, the plan was something along the lines of: set up a monopoly of this illicit business, and use the profits from this business to acquire Magi.

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1394
    Bugbear in the Playground

Stand bye, commander.

While demo trucks were fun, I've got to say that the tesla coil is my favorite unit.
    What do you mean it's a building?
    Look, if I've done an assault on an enemy base consisting solely of tesla coils, it counts as a unit.
    Fine, I'll go with the cruiser then.

15. - Top - End - #1395
    Ogre in the Playground

Tesla anything!

*Is in the middle of painting some ESU powered infantry models as Tesla Troopers*

Rubber shoes in motion!

Now I want to make a pony called Tesla who's grey with a red mane and has a lightning bolt cutie mark.
    Commencing shock therapy!

I know far more RA2 quotes than is healthy.

What's that? it's a thread about ponies? Really? Uh, well...
    Here's my off-topic tax. Why is there so much Questionable on ponibooru?

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1396
    Dwarf in the Playground

That's the usual dichotomy, isn't it? Earth 2140 had the same thing with United Civilized States against the Eurasian Dynasty.

If you're not familiar with C&C (why not?! It's awesome!),
    Before I discovered RTSes are not really my thing, I've tried Dune 2, Blood and Magic, Warcraft 2, Earth 2140, KKnD, Starcraft and Submarine Titans. I believe it's awesome, I just don't think I'd have time to really enjoy the series. There are too many awesome things around as it is. Like Pontifex. And ponies.
    the EVA (which is what the GDI called it in C&C main, and was a woman called Lt EVA in Red Alert 2 and 3 (the bloke's voice in RA 1 that did the same job was never addressed in universe.) It's the thingy that gives you your briefing and makes helpful statements like
    I got the general idea from Google. The shift from EVA to Lt. Eva is confusing though.

Any suggestions you (or anyone else) can make on that front, in part or in whole, are welcome!
    Coming up with that kind of thing is really hard. There are so many possibilities.

Also, I think we've said this before, but Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy would make awesomely hilarious EVAs (and Celestia and Twilight more practically awesome ones.) Rarity...yeah not so much. Not because she isn't awesome (because she is), but because she'd keep nagging you on how untidy your base is, and complaining that the enemy side's colours just don't match your defences...
    Pony voices work with anything. There's a Worms mod, and L4D2 Pinkie jockey mod...

Also, pocket ponies are the best thing. Ever.

17. - Top - End - #1397
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    While demo trucks were fun, I've got to say that the tesla coil is my favorite unit.
    Look, if I've done an assault on an enemy base consisting solely of tesla coils, it counts as a unit.
    Fine, I'll go with the cruiser then.

Cruisers are hax and you know it.

Mammoth Tanks are. So. Awesome!

Before I discovered RTSes are not really my thing, I've tried Dune 2, Blood and Magic, Warcraft 2, Earth 2140, KKnD, Starcraft and Submarine Titans.
    And I thought I was the only one that actually played that game.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-10 at 03:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1398
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh lord I feel so evil *shivers*

While he's incapitated I'll explain what happened.
    He just gathered up a bunch of friends and got a guy who was being kind of down of ponies a massive blast of orbital friendship cannon.
    All in the spirit of good fun.

So much friendship.

He got sent an orbital friendship strike from 9 different people. It kind of broke him.
    Last edited by Shadowy; 2011-08-10 at 04:01 PM.
    Protect Humanity
    Enslave the gods

19. - Top - End - #1399
    Titan in the Playground

Favourite unit/character from RA1/2, for research purposes?
    Prism Tanks. Prism Tanks solve everything. Well, everything that doesn't fly, anyway.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #1400
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Actually, if I remember correctly, the plan was something along the lines of: set up a monopoly of this illicit business, and use the profits from this business to acquire Magi.
    That makes a lot more sense. But, it's awfully mundane for a plot to attain godhood. And downright silly with the censorship.

On a more pony related note, Derpy is adorable.

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/43640

And those are...veggie burgers. Right?

http://ponibooru.413chan.net/post/view/43642

21. - Top - End - #1401
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gadora View Post
    Tesla Coil totally count. Tesla Coils count like the fist of an angry god.

Especially since it was my first thought too.

Prism/Spectrum towers are a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Prism Tanks. Prism Tanks solve everything. Well, everything that doesn't fly, anyway.

Zevox
    And them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat View Post
    That's the usual dichotomy, isn't it? Earth 2140 had the same thing with United Civilized States against the Eurasian Dynasty.
    The ESU comes from the Full Thrust background, wherein the other powers include the New Anglian Confederation: (most of) the US and Canada united under the British crown (you cant tell this is a British set of rules, can't you!), the Federal Stats Europa (France and half or Europe), the Neu Swabin League (Germany and the other half), the Imperial Japanese and several more. All of which we tend to boil down to humorous national steriotypes and thus maximise the stupid accent usage. (I have a space fleet called the Galactic Liberation Armada -

Spoiler
    Show

- which is exactly what it sound like. And allows me to quote that other wonderful quote minefield of C&C Generals. (Suicide shuttles => "GLA postal service!" AIAIAIAIAIAIAI!))

Quote Originally Posted by fizmat
    I got the general idea from Google. The shift from EVA to Lt. Eva is confusing though.
    Red Alert is a seperate continuity to C&C regular, diverging after/during the events in Red Alert 1 (which is basically set in the 1950s) Red Alert 2 (and later 3) is some years later, and is still thus before the higher-tech sci-fi of Tiberian Dawn.

Coming up with that kind of thing is really hard. There are so many possibilities.
    Umm, okay, what about something like, Integrated Battlefield Command Adjutant?

(I like "adjutant".)

Pony voices work with anything. There's a Worms mod, and L4D2 Pinkie jockey mod...

Also, pocket ponies are the best thing. Ever.
    Pony worms? Well, aside from sounding very wrong, that might be worth looking into...

Actually, the Mane cast would probably make great voice-overs for C&C units. So as too keep mildy on topic ('specially since it's me dragging us off to C&C again!), while we're at it, who would be best at voicing what unit (and don't limit it to C&C, go nuts with any RTS!)

Applejack or Rainbow would make good GDI commandoes. Actually, scratch that, Rainbow would make a brilliant Tanya. Cha-ching!

I feel obliged to sat Twlight => Jim Raynor, just because of That Trailer...

Rarity => GLA worker (just because it would be priceless to here her whine), and also "you change your mind often" is so appropriate...
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-10 at 04:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1402
    Ettin in the Playground

Tesla Coil totally count. Tesla Coils count like the fist of an angry god.

Especially since it was my first thought too.

Prism/Spectrum towers are a close second.

And them, too.

The ESU comes from the Full Thrust background, wherein the other powers include the New Anglian Confederation: (most of) the US and Canada united under the British crown (you cant tell this is a British set of rules, can't you!), the Federal Stats Europa (France and half or Europe), the Neu Swabin League (Germany and the other half), the Imperial Japanese and several more. All of which we tend to boil down to humorous national steriotypes and thus maximise the stupid accent usage. (I have a space fleet called the Galactic Liberation Armada -

Spoiler
    Show

- which is exactly what it sound like. And allows me to quote that other wonderful quote minefield of C&C Generals. (Suicide shuttles => "GLA postal service!" AIAIAIAIAIAIAI!)

Red Alert is a seperate continuity to C&C regular, diverging after/during the events in Red Alert 1 (which is basically set in the 1950s) Red Alert 2 (and later 3) is some years later, and is still thus before the higher-tech sci-fi of Tiberian Dawn.

(I like "adjutant".)

Pony worms? Well, aside from sounding very wrong, that might be worth looking into...

Actually, the Mane cast would probably make great voice-overs for C&C units. So as too keep mildy on topic ('specially since it's me dragging us off to C&C again!), while we're at it, who would be best at voicing what unit (and don't limit it to C&C, go nuts with any RTS!)

Applejack or Rainbow would make good GDI commandoes. Actually, scratch that, Rainbow would make a brilliant Tanya. Cha-ching!

I feel obliged to sat Twlight => Jim Raynor, just because of That Trailer...

Rarity => GLA worker (just because it would be priceless to here her whine), and also "you change your mind often" is so appropriate...
    Dash? Commandos?
    *I got a present for you!*

Okay...

That said, Derpy for Kirovs.

23. - Top - End - #1403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    That said, Derpy for Kirovs.
    Okay, that is one time I'll grant you Derpy is better than Ditzy, because the "r" in it is perfect for the psuedo-Soviet accent; and "Derrpy rreporting!" would just sound awesome.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2011-08-10 at 04:41 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1404
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, that is one time I'll grant you Derpy is better than Ditzy, because the "r" in it is perfect for the psuedo-Soviet accent; and "Derrpy rreporting!" would just sound awesome.
    YES. Commanderr.

See pony dolphins?

25. - Top - End - #1405
    Ettin in the Playground

YES. Commanderr.

See pony dolphins?
    You mean sea ponies?

26. - Top - End - #1406
    Titan in the Playground

You mean sea ponies?
    And suddenly, the Allies' dolphin sonar attack is all explained...

27. - Top - End - #1407
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll never understand the insistence that Ditzy is a better name than Derpy. I'm aware of the common arguments that 'she was called Ditzy in the show' and 'Derpy sounds too mean', but... well, the pony known as 'Ditzy Doo' never actually showed up on screen (she was too busy flying North to collect the southern birds), and...

Well, saying that Derpy is too mean for a name and then happily trotting out Ditzy as the replacement is like saying, "Don't call her a retard. That's mean. Call her a moron instead! "

Forgive me if those reasons are not your own, I really can't recall. It's just seeing the argument hinted at dug up memories and thoughts, and I have no inhibitors right now so I'm set very firmly on 'blabber'.

There is a Filly Lixie and a Filly SiuiS somewhere!? Why was I not informed of this sooner?

Okay, so you only meant Filly!SiuiS, but I'll be darned if I can't get the only form of blackmail that will work on anyone, even a goddess: cute baby pictures!
    Also, darn you to heck. I was out. I had moved past this whole 'fillies' thing. Now I'm caught in the whirlwind of adorable again, and it's all your fault. Meanie.
    Last edited by PhoeKun; 2011-08-10 at 04:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1408
    Ogre in the Playground

You mean sea ponies?
    In retrospect getting three hours sleep last night might have been a bad idea.

Normally I can spell, I swear.
    shoo-be-doo, shoo shoo-be-doo

29. - Top - End - #1409
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I'll never understand the insistence that Ditzy is a better name than Derpy. I'm aware of the common arguments that 'she was called Ditzy in the show' and 'Derpy sounds too mean', but... well, the pony known as 'Ditzy Doo' never actually showed up on screen (she was too busy flying North to collect the southern birds), and...

Well, saying that Derpy is too mean for a name and then happily trotting out Ditzy as the replacement is like saying, "Don't call her a retard. That's mean. Call her a moron instead! "

Forgive me if those reasons are not your own, I really can't recall. It's just seeing the argument hinted at dug up memories and thoughts, and I have no inhibitors right now so I'm set very firmly on 'blabber'.
    I see the sodium pentathol is working nicely. :)

But yeah, that's pretty much my whole reason for preferring Derpy.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-10 at 04:54 PM.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

30. - Top - End - #1410
    Dwarf in the Playground

The ESU comes from the Full Thrust background, wherein the other powers include the New Anglian Confederation: (most of) the US and Canada united under the British crown (you cant tell this is a British set of rules, can't you!), the Federal Stats Europa (France and half or Europe), the Neu Swabin League (Germany and the other half), the Imperial Japanese and several more. All of which we tend to boil down to humorous national steriotypes and thus maximise the stupid accent usage.
    I see Australia is absent. I assume because it became a radioactive wasteland. This setting and 2140 still have something in common.

(I like "adjutant".)
    "Интегрированный" sounds too buzzwordy for a real military name. Battlefield doesn't translate well.
    I like "adjutant" too. But every time I try to think of a full name, my brain wants me to end with ".. system". That is realistic, but way too predictable, boring and doesn't accommodate "adjutant" at all.

The thing is, it's hard to imagine a military name for such a thing, because it's hard to imagine the military ever using the thing. If they need something, it has to be repairable by bits of string and swearing at it. The EVA is too easily emulated by a person and some signal lights.

Last edited by fizmat; 2011-08-10 at 04:58 PM.