New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1487

Thread: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

1. - Top - End - #1111
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: PTA: Wuhtu (IC)

Made uneasy by the girl's presence, Nikolas does his best to ignore her smiles but is set upon by a problem when she sets down her camping set. Continuing on into the night in search of a suitable spot was potentially very dangerous and possibly fruitless, on the other hand camping beside her camp was....self-explanatory. Looking down at his Pokemon once more he realizes that it would be unfair to force his Pokemon on much further when there was a camp so nearby. Swallowing his fears, he approaches the girl and gives her a shy wave but says nothing else. At the prompting, he sets his bag down and wordlessly assembles his tent a comfortable distance away from her own.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HZ514 View Post
    The Charmander nods dejectedly when you mention food. He nibbles a bit on the food you provide but consciously does not eat too much. He keeps his eyes down the whole time.
    Pitch gives the Charmander some space for now. Perhaps that was all it needed.

"I'll let you stay out of your Pokeball tonight as long as you don't try to run. Understand?" Pitch says, looking at the small Pokemon.

No matter the answer, Pitch heads to bed, stopping by Carn before he goes in.

Wake me in a few hours. Keep an eye on the little guy; if he doesn't try to make a break for it, I'll be surprised.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Thank you Nightlock, this should come in really useful. Here, I've got something for you too. Leo digs around his pack and pulls out the Oran berry. Hold this, when you're getting tired, eat it and it will speed your healing process.

Piri Piri ran over and looked at Leo quizzically, Maka?

You already have a berry Piri, or did you eat it? Piri Piri shakes his head and produces the berry proudly. He runs to Nightlock and they have a small argument about who had a better berry before Leo returned them and continued travelling.
    Your team enjoys some more of the beautiful day as you continue on toward Xylo. In the late afternoon, you come across a double battle in progress!

One combatant, a lanky blond-haired boy, is issuing orders to his Luxray and Cacturne, while the other trainer, a brunette girl with glasses commands her Steelix and Froslass. Sparks, leaves, rocks, and ice fly back and forth across the makeshift battlefield. As you approach, one stray shard of ice flies right past you!

4. - Top - End - #1114

Default Re: Mordecai presses his luck! What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Kantolin View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Way to go, Kamoho!"

"Dile!" The totodile placed both hands on his side, and nodded. To nobody in particular, as only Mordecai was really watching him. He hoisted his Totodile back to his shoulder position.

"Okay! Now we.... uh, Kamoho?"

"Dile!"

"Kamoho. You can stop the rain now."

"Dile?" Kamoho had forgotten entirely about the rain. He knocked it off - fortunately, Mordecai didn't care particularly about being wet, and he'd be back to dry off before any health issues caught up to him.

"Okay! Now we shoudl get back to town where - " Mordecai began, when he interrupted himself. ".... wait. Tommorrow, we're gonna be walking for probably an entire week. We're in good shape - we have to power on a little more. Paka!"

The starly came out of his pokeball literally on his head. Tumbling over, he hopped up and down with his bizzare chirp.

Mordecai stared at the ball for a moment - had he been... holding it upside down? Did that even make sense? "Paka - see if you can see any other wilds in this area. We still haven't met those alphas. I'm pretty sure at this point, however, we're not gonna find them tonight - but we should keep looking a little longer."

Blast, he yawned. He was trying not to. On cue, Kamoho yawned as well, as did Paka. Yawns were contagious.

"You ready? Just a little longer." He stated to the zorua with a smile, patting her on the head before continuing walking.
    You and your team continue into the night, as the sounds that accompany you get more and more vicious.

It isn't as much a question of "if" as it is one of "when" a ferocious predator will stumble across this particularly tasty meal.

Which, of course, means it isn't all that surprising when some cackling laughter fills the air and some ghost Pokemon materialize all around you!

Since they're ghosts, the good news is that they probably aren't going to try to eat you...the bad news is that they're going to try to kill you anyway, just for fun!

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    For this battle, your Zorua will be acting on its own. You can still "control it" but you won't have to spend an action to do so.
    Those are Haunter, btdubs.

As a collective, the Haunter stare at your team menacingly, making faces and laughing at the top of their ephemeral voices.

Spoiler
    Show
    Mean Look! (only really affects Paka)

5. - Top - End - #1115

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Situation View Post
    Made uneasy by the girl's presence, Nikolas does his best to ignore her smiles but is set upon by a problem when she sets down her camping set. Continuing on into the night in search of a suitable spot was potentially very dangerous and possibly fruitless, on the other hand camping beside her camp was....self-explanatory. Looking down at his Pokemon once more he realizes that it would be unfair to force his Pokemon on much further when there was a camp so nearby. Swallowing his fears, he approaches the girl and gives her a shy wave but says nothing else. At the prompting, he sets his bag down and wordlessly assembles his tent a comfortable distance away from her own.
    The girl seems to understand that you'd rather keep your distance, so she does not approach you while you set up your equipment. A glance over when you're done shows that she is sitting around her campfire with a few of her Pokemon. They're too far to scan from your camp, unfortunately.

Spoiler
    Show
    How bad do you want that level up, sucka!

6. - Top - End - #1116

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Pitch gives the Charmander some space for now. Perhaps that was all it needed.

"I'll let you stay out of your Pokeball tonight as long as you don't try to run. Understand?" Pitch says, looking at the small Pokemon.

No matter the answer, Pitch heads to bed, stopping by Carn before he goes in.

Wake me in a few hours. Keep an eye on the little guy; if he doesn't try to make a break for it, I'll be surprised.
    The Charmander slumps down onto a tree trunk and lets out a deep, emotional sigh.

Carn nods and proceeds to keep watch while you sleep. During the next few hours, Carn's gaze remains unwaveringly on the Charmander. Most of the time, the Charmander's eyes are toward on the ground or closed. Occasionally it glances over to Carn, and whenever that happens, Carn makes a point to slide one of his blades across the other with a fine "Ting!" each time.

Eventually, it's time for your watch. Carn quickly ducks into the tent and wakes you, letting you know that the Charmander has not moved in all that time. Then Carn turns in for the night.

The Charmander remains in his spot against the tree, eyes droopy and head bobbing up and down.

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Titan in the Playground

The Charmander slumps down onto a tree trunk and lets out a deep, emotional sigh.

Carn nods and proceeds to keep watch while you sleep. During the next few hours, Carn's gaze remains unwaveringly on the Charmander. Most of the time, the Charmander's eyes are toward on the ground or closed. Occasionally it glances over to Carn, and whenever that happens, Carn makes a point to slide one of his blades across the other with a fine "Ting!" each time.

Eventually, it's time for your watch. Carn quickly ducks into the tent and wakes you, letting you know that the Charmander has not moved in all that time. Then Carn turns in for the night.

The Charmander remains in his spot against the tree, eyes droopy and head bobbing up and down.
    Pitch goes over, plopping down next to the Charmander. Right next to. Almost touching the little guy. He holds onto his knife in his pocket just in case the little guy decides to make a move. Other than that, he just waits to see if it does anything. If it doesn't, he whistles a low tune, trying to wake up the beast.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1118

Pitch goes over, plopping down next to the Charmander. Right next to. Almost touching the little guy. He holds onto his knife in his pocket just in case the little guy decides to make a move. Other than that, he just waits to see if it does anything. If it doesn't, he whistles a low tune, trying to wake up the beast.
    The little guy's eyes snap open when you start whistling, and they are absolutely bloodshot. Poor thing's run the gamut of misfortune today, being bounced around between horror, loss, pain, failure, denial, shock, terror, isolation, desperation, hopelessness...and now...now, just exhaustion. Pure, unadulterated exhaustion.

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

The little guy's eyes snap open when you start whistling, and they are absolutely bloodshot. Poor thing's run the gamut of misfortune today, being bounced around between horror, loss, pain, failure, denial, shock, terror, isolation, desperation, hopelessness...and now...now, just exhaustion. Pure, unadulterated exhaustion.
    Pitch simply nods.

"Sleep. You're tired. We can talk in the morning," he says, stepping away from the Pokemon to sit closer to the fire, still keeping a close eye on it.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Ogre in the Playground

"Don't be worried, Paka, the - "

The starly gave a pleasant chirp. It hopped along, going from rock, to tree stump, to low branch, to falling off, to recalling it could fly just before it hit the ground, to forgetting it could fly mid flight and careening to the ground, to hopping along again.

A second chirp then made Morecai smile. "...well, I guess you're pretty calm. Wish I could be that carefree."

Actually no he didn't. He wanted to help people. But it was always nice to imagine.

The world seemed to warp a bit just before the materialization - but not nearly enough for Mordecai to react before the ghosts did. He blinked for a moment at their glares, before shrugging and shifting to his styler.

"Paka!"

And the starly stood stock still and upright, before cocking his head at Mordecai with a confused chirp. Mordecai couldn't help but to break the stoic face he'd attempted to put on with another smile.

"Paka - there! Wing attack!"

In which the starly once again threw itself in his entirety at the ghost. Mordecai wasn't completely sure that his wings were actually involved there. Still, he lashed out with his styler - and this time, he had become accustomed to it to the point where he was trying his own tricks to restrain wilds.

He glanced at the Zorua, for a moment. "You could probably rip these guys a new one." Again, not a command - at least not yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai will attempt to styler H-4!
    (1d100-30)[7]

Paka will use wing attack on F8, then return to where he is!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[12]
    Damage roll: (2d10+17)[27]

Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

11. - Top - End - #1121

Pitch simply nods.

"Sleep. You're tired. We can talk in the morning," he says, stepping away from the Pokemon to sit closer to the fire, still keeping a close eye on it.
    The Charmander drifts off into a particularly unpleasant looking night of sleep. It convulses regularly, calling out to no one in particular, sweating and crying all the while.

By the time the next morning rolls around, the Charmander's sleep looks no less peaceful. It looks disturbed; tortured.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

As Nikolas begins to lay down his things he realizes that somebody in his entourage is missing. A very small, very golden somebody to be precise. Looking around frantically, Nikolas finds the small ant-like Pokemon plodding toward the other camp on its short and stubby legs with a curious expression on its face. Obviously flustered, he runs in to pick up the Trapinch which unfortunately lands himself in the middle of the camp.

"S-sorry about that..." he says nervously.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2012-10-17 at 12:02 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

The Charmander drifts off into a particularly unpleasant looking night of sleep. It convulses regularly, calling out to no one in particular, sweating and crying all the while.

By the time the next morning rolls around, the Charmander's sleep looks no less peaceful. It looks disturbed; tortured.
    Pitch wakes up the Charmander as it nears morning, giving it a second to adjust itself. Nightmares weren't good.

"Look, we're not the bad guys," Pitch says, looking at the creature. "Your old family wasn't what we are. All of us came from bad groups. My family? My mom tried to kill me in a drunken rage more than once. If she hadn't died, chances are she would have gotten lucky at some point. Outlet? His parents abandoned him to die," Pitch says, looking at the small Pokemon, actually seeming to care about what he is saying. He pauses for a while to see if the Charmander understands what he is saying.

"What I'm trying to say is that you can't trust family. At least not the ones you belonged to. They'll leave you, turn on you, and stab you in the back as soon as it is convenient. They'll save themselves before they try to save you. Us though? We're different. We're more than just a family. We're friends. I'd trust any of my Pokemon with my life, and I hope they'd do the same. We're more than a family. If you stick with us, we won't leave you. You'll become stronger than you every could before. You'll belong to something that is more than yourself. Making you see the Charizard was wrong. I shouldn't have done that. But he was your old family. He wasn't like us. Damn it, we're closer than some blood families and we're not even the same species as each other! Shov- Keb is a good example. He came to us lost, confused. Now he's part of our family. And I know you probably hate him, but just talk to him, alright? Or Inigan. Or Dilos. Or any of them. They'll be nice to you, I promise," Pitch says, stopping.

"Anyways, I'm rambling. What I guess I'm trying to say is.... Give me a shot? Alright? Try our family out. Nobody here will hurt you. I promise," he says, holding out his hand to the Charmander.

"Please?"

Show

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Ettin in the Playground

Your team enjoys some more of the beautiful day as you continue on toward Xylo. In the late afternoon, you come across a double battle in progress!

One combatant, a lanky blond-haired boy, is issuing orders to his Luxray and Cacturne, while the other trainer, a brunette girl with glasses commands her Steelix and Froslass. Sparks, leaves, rocks, and ice fly back and forth across the makeshift battlefield. As you approach, one stray shard of ice flies right past you!
    Leo quickly ducks behind a tree to avoid the flying attacks. After the battle is finished, he continues on his way down the road. When he reaches a suitable campsite, he gets out the leftovers from the day's cooking to make a quick snack. Removing a small sack of peppers, he made spicy tea for him and Piri Piri to accompany the meal.

Afterwards, Leo goes looking for some kind of water, preferably running, to do some exercises with Xianti.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception. (1d20+5)[9] Leo's bad at finding water.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-17 at 02:36 PM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

15. - Top - End - #1125

As Nikolas begins to lay down his things he realizes that somebody in his entourage is missing. A very small, very golden somebody to be precise. Looking around frantically, Nikolas finds the small ant-like Pokemon plodding toward the other camp on its short and stubby legs with a curious expression on its face. Obviously flustered, he runs in to pick up the Trapinch which unfortunately lands himself in the middle of the camp.

"S-sorry about that..." he says nervously.
    The girl audibly gasps when your Trapinch waddles into her campsite, as the campfire's distinct light only serves to amplify how shiny Ten is. "Oh my!" She shakes her head when you apologize. "It's alright, really. Wow, your Trapinch is really fascinating...oh! Where are my manners? I'm Quinn," she says, extending a hand to you.

Around her campfire are the Kecleon, a Lairon, a Nuzleaf, and a Magmar, each also eyeing Ten curiously.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Spoiler
    Show
    Pitch wakes up the Charmander as it nears morning, giving it a second to adjust itself. Nightmares weren't good.

"Look, we're not the bad guys," Pitch says, looking at the creature. "Your old family wasn't what we are. All of us came from bad groups. My family? My mom tried to kill me in a drunken rage more than once. If she hadn't died, chances are she would have gotten lucky at some point. Outlet? His parents abandoned him to die," Pitch says, looking at the small Pokemon, actually seeming to care about what he is saying. He pauses for a while to see if the Charmander understands what he is saying.

"What I'm trying to say is that you can't trust family. At least not the ones you belonged to. They'll leave you, turn on you, and stab you in the back as soon as it is convenient. They'll save themselves before they try to save you. Us though? We're different. We're more than just a family. We're friends. I'd trust any of my Pokemon with my life, and I hope they'd do the same. We're more than a family. If you stick with us, we won't leave you. You'll become stronger than you every could before. You'll belong to something that is more than yourself. Making you see the Charizard was wrong. I shouldn't have done that. But he was your old family. He wasn't like us. Damn it, we're closer than some blood families and we're not even the same species as each other! Shov- Keb is a good example. He came to us lost, confused. Now he's part of our family. And I know you probably hate him, but just talk to him, alright? Or Inigan. Or Dilos. Or any of them. They'll be nice to you, I promise," Pitch says, stopping.

"Anyways, I'm rambling. What I guess I'm trying to say is.... Give me a shot? Alright? Try our family out. Nobody here will hurt you. I promise," he says, holding out his hand to the Charmander.

"Please?"
    At two points during your speech--when you mention your mother and when you apologize for showing him the Charizard--Lighter's attentiveness seems to increase. By the time you're done speaking, he's at least willing to give you a chance.

After a short few moments, the Charmander nods and extends his hand toward yours.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

At two points during your speech--when you mention your mother and when you apologize for showing him the Charizard--Lighter's attentiveness seems to increase. By the time you're done speaking, he's at least willing to give you a chance.

After a short few moments, the Charmander nods and extends his hand toward yours.
    Pitch pulls the Charmander up, nodding at it.

"Thank you," he says.

The Charmander on board, Pitch starts to pack up, clapping loudly to wake his team.

"Let's go! Let's put some good ground down today. It should be a straight shoot from here to Elrem," he says.

As his team awakes, moving towards him in varying degrees of grogginess, he motions to the new Charmander.

"This is Lighter. He's agreed to stick with us for now. He's one of us now; I expect you to treat him as such," Pitch says, looking at Thales specifically. While he trusted the Dewott, he didn't know how it would react to a younger form of the beast.

Show

18. - Top - End - #1128

Spoiler
    Show
    "Don't be worried, Paka, the - "

The starly gave a pleasant chirp. It hopped along, going from rock, to tree stump, to low branch, to falling off, to recalling it could fly just before it hit the ground, to forgetting it could fly mid flight and careening to the ground, to hopping along again.

A second chirp then made Morecai smile. "...well, I guess you're pretty calm. Wish I could be that carefree."

Actually no he didn't. He wanted to help people. But it was always nice to imagine.

The world seemed to warp a bit just before the materialization - but not nearly enough for Mordecai to react before the ghosts did. He blinked for a moment at their glares, before shrugging and shifting to his styler.

"Paka!"

And the starly stood stock still and upright, before cocking his head at Mordecai with a confused chirp. Mordecai couldn't help but to break the stoic face he'd attempted to put on with another smile.

"Paka - there! Wing attack!"

In which the starly once again threw itself in his entirety at the ghost. Mordecai wasn't completely sure that his wings were actually involved there. Still, he lashed out with his styler - and this time, he had become accustomed to it to the point where he was trying his own tricks to restrain wilds.

He glanced at the Zorua, for a moment. "You could probably rip these guys a new one." Again, not a command - at least not yet.

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai will attempt to styler H-4!
    (1d20)[18]

Paka will use wing attack on F8, then return to where he is!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[4]
    Damage roll: (1d20)[5]

Your styler wraps around the ghost and restrains it...somehow. It settles down and stops laughing with the rest of them.

Paka's uncoordinated attack does knock the...wind? out of the ghost, wiping the grin off its face momentarily. Your friendly Zorua then springs into action and finishes the ghost off!

Spoiler
    Show
    Pursuit! (For enough damage to KO the Haunter)

The three remaining Haunter then start rotating over and over, each emanating a dark stream of energy at one of you or your pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Night Shade! x3, 1 on Mordecai, 1 on the Zorua, 1 on Paka
    AC 2 (1d20)[18] & (1d20)[4] & (1d20)[5]
    Damage: 21 each

Then the situation gets worse. Three smaller, round black ghosts emanating purple auras appear on the battlefield to join the other ghosts! They all restart the cacophony of laughter around you. Through that noise, you think you can hear something else...the rustling of leaves somewhere to the east.

19. - Top - End - #1129

Leo quickly ducks behind a tree to avoid the flying attacks. After the battle is finished, he continues on his way down the road. When he reaches a suitable campsite, he gets out the leftovers from the day's cooking to make a quick snack. Removing a small sack of peppers, he made spicy tea for him and Piri Piri to accompany the meal.

Afterwards, Leo goes looking for some kind of water, preferably running, to do some exercises with Xianti.

Spoiler
    Show
    perception. [roll0] Leo's bad at finding water.
    Spoiler
    Show
    There was a body of water back in the berry clearing with the Deerling!

Before the battle is over, you are also able to scan a Klingklang, a Jellicent, a Pignite, and a Scrafty. It ends with the girl's team winning. "Alright! That was awesome, Taye!"

The boy is gracious in defeat."Congrats, Stella. You're number 16 now!"

Later, you go searching for some water, but all you're able to find is a small watering hole that's too shallow to even cover your feet. Xianti wouldn't fit in there, unfortunately.

20. - Top - End - #1130

Pitch pulls the Charmander up, nodding at it.

"Thank you," he says.

The Charmander on board, Pitch starts to pack up, clapping loudly to wake his team.

"Let's go! Let's put some good ground down today. It should be a straight shoot from here to Elrem," he says.

As his team awakes, moving towards him in varying degrees of grogginess, he motions to the new Charmander.

"This is Lighter. He's agreed to stick with us for now. He's one of us now; I expect you to treat him as such," Pitch says, looking at Thales specifically. While he trusted the Dewott, he didn't know how it would react to a younger form of the beast.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, forgot to say this last post. The Charmander's loyalty isn't 0 anymore, so that's good.

As your team travels together through the woods, it actually looks pretty intimidating to the wilds in the region. Before you can do anything about it, birds fly off and critters on the floor skitter away when they notice your posse approaching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Please include an encounter roll in your next post

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

Clutching Ten closer to him protectively, Nikolas warily takes the hand, "M-my name is N-Nikolas." Though very much intimidated by the girl and her powerful team, Nikolas stands his ground and firmly pumps Quinn's hand until she makes to let go first. As much as he wanted to run away, his entire team was currently watching him. First of all, he needed to set a good example for Ten, who in spite of its overwhelming power, was still just an impressionable baby Pokemon. And then there was Loki, who he had just exchanged very close words with. What kind of trainer would he be if he showed his team the very worst side of him.

Almost smiling at the girl's compliment he suddenly remembers the circumstances of Ten's coloration and says firmly, "His name is Ten. And he's fascinating because he's a very special friend of mine, not because of his shell."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Ogre in the Playground

That!

That did not go well at all! There was no way Paka could recover after another of those. Out came his pokeball. "Paka, ret-"

And Mordecai paused. Oh right, the mean look - Paka was stuck there.

"Paka, ru - "

And a /second/ pause. Same problem: Mean Look. No escape. They were stuck. He gritted his teeth, stepping forward as he glanced at the Zorua - same boat.

There wasn't an easy way out of this one.

Okay, commands: What was it about ghosts? Ghost-types were known for status effects. But that wouldn't be useful here - he needed neither slow debilation nor a reduction of attack nor to slow them down particularly - he needed them off his back.

Paka didn't seem to terribly mind that he had just been blasted, although it obviously hurt him. He just gave a chirp as though curious about what to do next. The Zorua may have noticed Mordecai tense, but he did not want to show any worry as that wouldn't help anyone.

...and a rustling. Great, more of them.

"Use" (Mordecai hesitated for a fraction of a second) - "The attack they just used against us, against that one!" He pointed, spinning with his styler. That would free that ghost from his control, but hopefully would also reduce targets. "Paka! Another wing attack! Zorua - back him up!"

The shouts were given as he steadily backed away from the east - hopefully clearing a path.

...it was the best chance they had, he reasoned.

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai moves to E6 and will styler at H-3!
    1d100-30[/roll] (Screwed up this roll - is 31 in the OOC)

The restrained haunter is directed to use night shade on the I presume gastly in G1! If he doesn't know night shade or can't use it for some reason, then Mordecai just wasted his lungs! :P

Paka will move to E-6 and wing attack H-5!
    Attack roll: (1d20)[11]
    Damage roll: (2d10+17)[27]

Zorua is also directed to whack D-6! What she actually does is her business! (If it goes down, then aim for G1! If he /also/ goes down, then Mordecai gave no directions for after that. :P) Anyway, she's directed to move to D-7!

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-17 at 10:10 PM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    There was a body of water back in the berry clearing with the Deerling!

Before the battle is over, you are also able to scan a Klingklang, a Jellicent, a Pignite, and a Scrafty. It ends with the girl's team winning. "Alright! That was awesome, Taye!"

The boy is gracious in defeat."Congrats, Stella. You're number 16 now!"

Later, you go searching for some water, but all you're able to find is a small watering hole that's too shallow to even cover your feet. Xianti wouldn't fit in there, unfortunately.
    After failing to find a suitable training ground for Xianti, Leo returns to his campsite and hits the sack. Sicarius takes the first watch tonight, with the agreement to wake Leo up halfway through the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nightime Rolls. Can't wait to get to the ranch tomorrow. (1d10-3)[6]. (1d100-16)[66]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, forgot to say this last post. The Charmander's loyalty isn't 0 anymore, so that's good.

As your team travels together through the woods, it actually looks pretty intimidating to the wilds in the region. Before you can do anything about it, birds fly off and critters on the floor skitter away when they notice your posse approaching.

Spoiler
    Show
    Please include an encounter roll in your next post
    Pitch grins; he and his team were feared, as they should be. He keeps his whole team out, barring the Tangela. He'd need to talk to it later tonight. Pitch keeps close by Lighter, keeping an eye on him. He gives Thales a stern look when the Dewott starts squirting small bursts of water at the Charmander, causing the Dewott to back off to roam in the back of the party with Shovel.

Pitch talks with Carn, trying to identify what local wildlife would be useful.

Spoiler
    Show
    Encounter!
    We go big.
    (1d100+14)[113]
    (1d20+2)[11]

Show

25. - Top - End - #1135

Clutching Ten closer to him protectively, Nikolas warily takes the hand, "M-my name is N-Nikolas." Though very much intimidated by the girl and her powerful team, Nikolas stands his ground and firmly pumps Quinn's hand until she makes to let go first. As much as he wanted to run away, his entire team was currently watching him. First of all, he needed to set a good example for Ten, who in spite of its overwhelming power, was still just an impressionable baby Pokemon. And then there was Loki, who he had just exchanged very close words with. What kind of trainer would he be if he showed his team the very worst side of him.

Almost smiling at the girl's compliment he suddenly remembers the circumstances of Ten's coloration and says firmly, "His name is Ten. And he's fascinating because he's a very special friend of mine, not because of his shell."
    Quinn gives you a compassionate smile and says, "Sorry! Didn't mean to call your Trapinch a trophy just because it's shiny or, umm..." she drifts off as she gets flustered. She regains her composure and continues, "Well! At any rate, as a Ranger, I commend you on your excellent care for your Pokemon, Nikolas!"

26. - Top - End - #1136

Spoiler
    Show
    That!

That did not go well at all! There was no way Paka could recover after another of those. Out came his pokeball. "Paka, ret-"

And Mordecai paused. Oh right, the mean look - Paka was stuck there.

"Paka, ru - "

And a /second/ pause. Same problem: Mean Look. No escape. They were stuck. He gritted his teeth, stepping forward as he glanced at the Zorua - same boat.

There wasn't an easy way out of this one.

Okay, commands: What was it about ghosts? Ghost-types were known for status effects. But that wouldn't be useful here - he needed neither slow debilation nor a reduction of attack nor to slow them down particularly - he needed them off his back.

Paka didn't seem to terribly mind that he had just been blasted, although it obviously hurt him. He just gave a chirp as though curious about what to do next. The Zorua may have noticed Mordecai tense, but he did not want to show any worry as that wouldn't help anyone.

...and a rustling. Great, more of them.

"Use" (Mordecai hesitated for a fraction of a second) - "The attack they just used against us, against that one!" He pointed, spinning with his styler. That would free that ghost from his control, but hopefully would also reduce targets. "Paka! Another wing attack! Zorua - back him up!"

The shouts were given as he steadily backed away from the east - hopefully clearing a path.

...it was the best chance they had, he reasoned.

Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai moves to E6 and will styler at H-3!
    1d100-30[/roll] (Screwed up this roll - is 31 in the OOC)

The restrained haunter is directed to use night shade on the I presume gastly in G1! If he doesn't know night shade or can't use it for some reason, then Mordecai just wasted his lungs! :P

Paka will move to E-6 and wing attack H-5!
    Attack roll: [roll0]
    Damage roll: [roll1]

Zorua is also directed to whack D-6! What she actually does is her business! (If it goes down, then aim for G1! If he /also/ goes down, then Mordecai gave no directions for after that. :P) Anyway, she's directed to move to D-7!

The Haunter you target with your styler is able to avoid getting tangled up and retains its autonomy. Meanwhile, the duo of Paka and your Zorua are able to take down their second ghost in as many tries.

The Haunter obeys your command and launches some dark energy toward the smaller ghost nearby, knocking it out. Then it turns to you and tears into you with a spiteful look!

Spoiler
    Show
    Spite! (Which, in this case, will just not allow you to Styler At-Will, but instead EoT.)

The two remaining Gastly drift toward your two active Pokemon and give them spiteful looks as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spite! One on Paka, one on Zorua.

The Haunter you tried to restrain decides that you deserve to be punished for trying to do that, and does something crazy to make that happen...it plunges its floating hands into itself and you can't even watch what's happening because you suddenly feel absolutely miserable.

Spoiler
    Show
    Curse! On Mordecai

While you're doubled over in agony, you hear the last Haunter scream out in terror--a scream which is quickly cut short. Whatever's over there, at least it's helping you out.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Ogre in the Playground

Default It's not over until you give up!

"Hurk!"

Gritting his teeth, Mordecai forced himself upright despite the agonizing pain. No! He had to focus - Paka and his Zorua were counting on him to do so! He couldn't just roll over and accept it! He wouldn't!

"P-Paka - " He began, before swallowing. 'C'mon, Mordecai, you're a ranger! People are counting on you to succeed! Bear through it'! He mentally shouted at himself.

"Wing attack." He said, through strained teeth, pointing. The starly cocked his head to one side, giving a confused chirp.

"I'll..." His styler felt like lead in his hands. He strained to lift it, but to no avail - he couldn't get himself to use the thing.

Spite! By Lowe, he was in trouble here. Paka literally couldn't hurt ghosts in any other way. Don't lose it, Mordecai - everything will be fine if you keep your thoughts up.

Whatever that was seemed to be doing a great job - he was very thankful, but couldn't afford the spare words at the precise instant. Wait! He /did/ have a weapon!

"An - " His voice cracked. He bit his lip, and straightened. "Anything you can do, Zorua!"

Paka, still blissfully unaware of the danger he was in, hopped briefly on Mordecai's head for a moment, gave a chirp, and hopped off. Mordecai knock it off I wanna see what the pokemon is!
    Spoiler
    Show

Mordecai will... throw a pokeball at the one who cursed him!
    (1d100+5)[34]

Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-18 at 02:40 AM.

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

28. - Top - End - #1138
    Troll in the Playground

Embarrassed by her compliment, Nikolas forcefully averts his gaze and blushes. "A-as long as you understand, it's fine..." Realizing that the conversation had now fallen back into his hand he thinks to say, "Y-your Pokemon look good too. N-no doubt because of your care, I mean..."

It was a testament to his strength of will that he did not immediately palm his in embarrassment over his awkward handling of the situation.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

29. - Top - End - #1139

After failing to find a suitable training ground for Xianti, Leo returns to his campsite and hits the sack. Sicarius takes the first watch tonight, with the agreement to wake Leo up halfway through the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nightime Rolls. Can't wait to get to the ranch tomorrow. [roll0]. [roll1]
    Near the end of Sicarius's watch, he pops into the tent and wakes you up. "Yo Chief, we got company."

Following him outside the tent, you watch as three Hoothoot hop down from nearby trees!

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    You can move your sleeping Pokemon's starting positions around if you want, it'll take a trainer action + the 'mons move action to wake them up if you want one to join the battle.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Ettin in the Playground

Near the end of Sicarius's watch, he pops into the tent and wakes you up. "Yo Chief, we got company."

Following him outside the tent, you watch as three Hoothoot hop down from nearby trees!

Spoiler
    Show
    Map!
    You can move your sleeping Pokemon's starting positions around if you want, it'll take a trainer action + the 'mons move action to wake them up if you want one to join the battle.
    Rise and Shine Piri Piri. The Darumaka jumps into the air in surprise, then prepares for a scramble.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show