New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

As Katashi reaches up lazily to shove the door in on its hinges, he's suddenly dropped rather abruptly into a chair in a gloomily lit, featureless grey room, a hissing miasma of near-ultraviolet light dissipating near the ceiling cluing him in as to how anybody could have possibly gotten the drop on him. A voice drifts out of the darkness over the steel table Katashi finds himself seated at.

"Hello, slacker."

Yori's voice takes on an edge of irritation.

"I really wish we didn't have to have this talk, because your very presence is akin to a thousand tiny nails scraping at the chalkboard of my being, but guess what? You stuck your grimy paws into my business, and now you need to fix it."

There's a pause and the faint sound of shuffling paper.

"You managed to delay part of the project you were supposedly evaluating by nearly a week, and you have no idea how much money that means. So when I submit my quarterly finance report, I'm going to have to explain that budget hiccup, and you are going to help me by providing a detailed explanation of what was going through your sluggish, moron brain when you delegated the task of ruining my project to that brat in your squad."
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #452
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo nodded, pondering Yuas' words briefly. 'Never needed to fight before,' huh? He wished he was as lucky as she was; he had been the victim of several bullies in his earlier days and had to use his ninjutsu to prove that he was not to be trifled with, despite his size. That being said, the vast majority of his opponents were Level 1s or 2s, at best. It would probably be of the most practicality that Yua learn how to beat these sorts. Fortunately, most of these were rank amateurs at best; Shougo reckoned he could teach her how to defend against most of their tricks and beat them nine times out of ten within a month. Proper, hardened Skill-Outs, on the other hand; they were an altogether different proposition. But he would get to those in time.

"Very well. Then we shall start with the regular forms, against non-psychic users-If you are alright with that, about an hour after tea. I hope you will never have to use your fists to solve a problem, but from personal experience, the knowledge does not hurt. We could do some homework if you'd like to pass the time."

A few minutes later, assuming nothing of import happened, Shougos' mother would have arrived in the room with three steaming bowls of udon noodles, in the old, traditional style. They smelled good, even though it was clear that the Nimori family was not particularly wealthy and had to rely on common ingredients. Shougo spent a moment hesitating, before unravelling his scarf and placing it by his side rather nervously. The large burn scar on his throat had left him self-conscious; he had spent the majority of the day with his collar buttoned up as high as possible (which was also very uncomfortable), but he did not want to risk his precious scarf falling into his soup.

It really was quite an ugly scar (in the shape of a clenched hand, no less), if Yua happened to glance at it. It might also explain why Shougos' voice had a slight, unusual flang to it. The simple fact that he could breathe, much less speak, would be somewhat amazing to most people.

"Thank you, mother. Itadakimasu."

After tea, assuming nothing much happened, Shougo would have asked if anyone wanted to do a little homework, before standing up in the middle of the dojo floor about an hour later and beginning a few stretches, asking if Yua had any prior knowledge of martial arts and how to do things such as throw a proper punch, etc.
    __________________________________________________ _______________

"Me? Not used to getting dressed up? That's crazy, yeah! I get dressed up all the time!...Just....Probably not very well. I brought some clothes, yeah, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to wear where we're going. I'm going to rely on you to help me figure out what to do, yeah? And sneaking out of your Tokiwadai uniform...Why, if I hadn't seen what your schoolmates are like, I'd be shocked, hehe. Anycase, Kasai-chan, I'm ready to go whenever you are!"

Ina looked extremely excited, much like a child in a candy store. Today was a good day! Not only had she seen the inside of Tokiwadai, she was going on an adventure, to places she had never seen before. While it was not quite as thrilling as, say, hanging around a wanted criminal (the memory of him still made her sigh-He was simply so beautiful!), exploring and experiencing the world was still one of her most favorite things to do. She might even go shopping!

3. - Top - End - #453
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Ryuji runs his fingers through his hair as he laughs in a slightly embarrassed manner. "Well my mom is a seamstress and owns her own shop. So sometimes when she needs my help I work there. As for hobby's I love playing the saxophone and violin. I'm a dab hand at cooking as well. I also play a few sports but only for fun and not competitively."

Drinking more of his soda Ryuji is almost done with his hamburger. He internally debates on whether he should get another one or not. He decides not to as his mother was making dinner today instead of going out. Today was their Mother-Son Movie Night.
    "Sounds.... fun in its own normal way. Well, Ryuji-san I won't keep ya for too long." From his back-pack he takes out what appears to be customized cloth gloves and boots. Also a belt with gun-holsters that have simple non-lethal pellet guns on them. "Do you want anything else? I'm about to pay the tab, cause have some urban exploration to do." Jack finished his meal.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    As Katashi reaches up lazily to shove the door in on its hinges, he's suddenly dropped rather abruptly into a chair in a gloomily lit, featureless grey room, a hissing miasma of near-ultraviolet light dissipating near the ceiling cluing him in as to how anybody could have possibly gotten the drop on him. A voice drifts out of the darkness over the steel table Katashi finds himself seated at.

"Hello, slacker."

Yori's voice takes on an edge of irritation.

"I really wish we didn't have to have this talk, because your very presence is akin to a thousand tiny nails scraping at the chalkboard of my being, but guess what? You stuck your grimy paws into my business, and now you need to fix it."

There's a pause and the faint sound of shuffling paper.

"You managed to delay part of the project you were supposedly evaluating by nearly a week, and you have no idea how much money that means. So when I submit my quarterly finance report, I'm going to have to explain that budget hiccup, and you are going to help me by providing a detailed explanation of what was going through your sluggish, moron brain when you delegated the task of ruining my project to that brat in your squad."
    Katashi considered the words of this man (what was his name again?) for a while, before reaching a conclusion. Though he didn't understand much about the situation, there was one fact about which he was absolutely sure: Clearly this guy (Yuri? Yarai?) was annoyed about something. With that crucial information in hand, Katashi felt ready to speak.

"Let me guess: This is about the doors, right?"

5. - Top - End - #455

Yori's voice drips sarcasm.

"Oh, CLEARLY it's about the INCREDIBLY EXPENSIVE doors you destroyed. No, you braindead simpleton, this is not about the doors. This is about you delaying the capture of that girl. You know, the one your group was assigned to protect?"

A piece of paper covered in very small font slides across the table, followed shortly by a pen.

"This is an affidavit that says GATE will be held responsible for the damages and losses incurred to the City during the capture of the test subject, and that you agree for the group to be temporarily suspended from action until such a time as a thorough administrative investigation of said group can be completed. Seeing as it's directly your fault that it took so long to catch her, I'd say that it's only fair you take the bullet for the screw up. Sign it."
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

Katashi didn't move. Without warning, the pen and paper were sent hurtling back the way they came, at a speed normally associated with bullets. Despite this clearly hostile action, his voice sounded as casual as ever.

"Oh man, not this again. People are always nagging me about the guys in 'my' group, as if I'm responsible for them, or something. 'Watanabe, your mind guy caused a riot'; 'Watanabe, your flesh guy is mutating dogs again'; 'Watanabe, your gun chick shot my cousin.' So what? Why is this my problem?

Listen, Yogi, take my advice: Stop sweating the small stuff. Space out and look at the big picture, man. So what if you lost some money? You've got plenty. And you know what else you've got? Your health. That's what's really important. Most people never realise how much their health is worth...

...until it's too late.
    "

Okay, so that last bit was a little hostile. On the whole, though, Katashi's diplomatic skills were definitely improving.

7. - Top - End - #457

Yori's voice is incredulous.

"Are you threatening me? You are. My god, how thick can you be? You're in no position to make demands of anybody, slacker. You're in a sealed concrete box, buried a mile underground. Or haven't you noticed the lack of doors? You stay here until I get what I want."

Another pen and copy of the paper drop down out of thin air.

"Now, you ARE going to sign this. Because, in fact, it IS your fault if your group does something dumb, because you are in CHARGE of that group. That does NOT mean you get first dibs on all the cool assignments, or that you get to sit wherever you want in your special little clubhouse. That means it's your JOB to manage the rest of your group, which means it's ALSO your job to fix the things they break."

Yori sounds... tired.

"I hate that responsibility. I won't lie. But I'm an adult, just like you are SUPPOSED to be, and so I deal with the paperwork and drudge work that comes with my position, instead of shirking all of the responsibility like some sort of manchild, which you are ACTING like right now."

Yori pauses for a second. The only sound is a low hum coming from the dim lightbulb overhead.

"Because you're acting like some sort of petulant child, I will simplify this for you. Either you sign that piece of paper, and start taking responsibility for your group; or, I kill you, fill out a few forms, and get a new guy installed as head of GATE, hopefully one that won't shirk their duties like a middle school punk who thinks he's too COOL for real work. It's a really simple choice."
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Katashi had had enough of this stiff-necked bureaucrat's voice. Didn't the man (Yoli? Yani?) know to whom he was speaking? Had he not been watching when Katashi had done that awesome trick with the pen? Just in case, he made the new pen meet the same fate as its predecessor. Then he stood up.

"Okay, I'm done here. My nice guy time is all used up for today. I tried to cut you some slack, since you seemed a little slow on the uptake. But now I know that you're waaaaay beyond 'slow'. Seriously man, how did a moron like you manage to get charge of a group? It's like you can't even hear me!

Let's try this one more time: You work; I play. You fix; I break. You talk; I leave. Got it? Still clueless? Either way, I'm outta here.
    "

Having concluded the interview to his own satisfaction, he proceeded to smash a hole in the ceiling and launch himself towards it. Thanks to this, it wasn't clear whether he'd seen through the 'underground room' deception or not. Either way, he'd probably have tried the same thing.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-15 at 09:57 PM.

9. - Top - End - #459

Katashi's assault on the ceiling shatters the concrete like a rock through a pane of glass, and as the debris tumbles down, he manages to cruise straight through the hole, and soars-
    Headfirst into the floor of the room he'd just left, crashing into the flimsy steel table, his powers pulverizing it into metal confetti as they slow him to a stop.

What?

As he stands up and tries to figure out if he should make a different hole, he finds himself assaulted from behind, the quiet rustling of cloth giving away a vicious kick aimed at vulnerable organs. When he turns to face his assailant, he'll find himself face to face with two figures, wrapped in dark cloth. One of them is smoldering, wisps of foul smoke drifting from underneath its cowl, and the other creaks as it moves, sheaths of ice cracking on its shoulders. Yori's voice cuts through the darkness.

"YOU have the temerity to call ME a moron? How very expected of you. If you've ever heard the fable of the ant and the grasshopper, which I DOUBT you have, let me make this analogy. You are grasshopper, and I am the ant. Except in this case, instead of starving in the winter, you are going to be torn to shreds by a pair of genetically engineered death machines specifically designed to combat ESPers. A complete success, if you ask me; they're production units, ready to be fielded in replacement of ANTISKILL, and all thanks to you screwing up your guarding of that little girl. In my experience, nothing gets you shut down faster than failure, so think of it as me doing you favor."

The two assassins spread out to circle Katashi, wordlessly flanking him.

"Now, just so you know: My 'work' is ending your 'play'. I am 'fixing' to 'break' YOU, and I will 'talk' to Crowley about how you 'left' this mortal coil. Spoiler: you will do so SCREAMING in agony for daring to cross me."

There's a click as the microphone hangs up. The shorter of the two cloaked figures erupts into flames, burning away its cowl, and the other one's cloak shatters as it freezes solid, shards of cloth dropping to the ground, revealing exactly what Katashi has landed himself in.

((OOC: pictures! kinda large, so be careful))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Duos; 2012-09-16 at 11:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

[Shougo's Home - After School]

Yua's hands tremble slightly as she nods. Barely keeping the emotionless expression.

"I don't hope so either. But I don't wish to have to run if I can help. Homework sounds good."

Yua says, breathing carefully as if trying not to be nervous. When Shougo's mother arrives, Yua moves to express gratitude when Shougo reveals the scar. Gasping silently, Yua quickly hides the reaction. It might cause the others to momentarily forget Yua's presence at the table, but it passes quickly.

Yua spends the intermediary hour on homework, almost being absorbed by the task. Finishing in just moments before the time is up, Yua hurries to the training floor.

"I-I am afraid not. My extracurricular activities have been mostly with the library club."

Yua replies nervously.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Ryuji looks to Jack before shaking his head as he says, "No I'm good. Well it was nice meeting you Jack. I hope we meet again sometime in the near future. See ya." After Jack paid the bill Ryuji waved to him as he left. Deciding that he had at least staved off hunger for a while he headed back into town. Maybe he could go to the arcade? He hadn't been there yet, an it seemed like fun. Nodding his head in affirmation to himself Ryuji heads to the arcade to check it out.

The gangsters who Krystal had targeted with her power suddenly yeowling in pain as they were burned even more on top of the second degree burns that Crocell already gave them. The who had a cauterized stump where his hand used to be thanks to the origin of the explosion calls out. "Rynka! we need to get out of here. We can't fight like this, and I heard the shorty tell that gaijin b*tch to call Anti-Skill."

There is visible flame of anger in the girls eyes at the thought of having to retreat, but she could see that it was neccessary. "Fine," she spat, "but we will not forget this. Next time you won't be so lucky." With that she waved her hand once more and Crocell's digestive system had finally had enough. Stopping the fireball he was about to throw Crocell falls from his one knee down to both as his palms smack the ground and he evacuates the contents of his stomach while the gangsters try to make their getaway.
    (leaving it open so that if you want Krystal can react to this)
    __________________________________________________ ______________

Tobio did his homework while also doing his best to help Shougo with his. Sipping his tea in between problems he did his best to calm his mind as he show Shougo some of the detailed notes he took, he apparently had an eye for it, that might help him. Once homework time was finished he followed Shougo and Yua to the training floor. While he had seen Shougo's scar he had also seen it the day before. While it did worry him it was clear that he either didn't remember how he got it or was not comfortable talking about it. Either way it meant that he should let it drop for now.

Hearing Yua's words Tobio says, "D-Don't worry Y-Yua-san. Shougo-san is a v-very good t-teacher. P-Plus if you start out with l-little things like jogging to school instead of j-just walking you can s-start building up y-your muscle frame. I-If you want I can help you w-with general exercises."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Pixie in the Playground

"That is alright. I can teach you, if you would let me."

Shougo looked uncomfortable as he noticed Yuas' eyes wandering over his scar, but he said nothing of it. Of course they would be uncomfortable. It was an ugly scar, after all. He only wished he could remember how he got it. Still, he ran over his homework with the pair, struggling a little but clearly improving from his past experiences.

On the training floor, Shougo ran through all the basics with Yua. He was indeed a fairly competent teacher, explaining and demonstrating the basics of Nimori-Ryu ninjutsu effectively. However, the nature of the highly-mobile style meant that it was probably quite taxing on Yuas' legs, and as per usual for someone new to martial arts, her arms were probably aching from the strain of having to hold them up for so long. In spite of her lack of confidence, though, Yua would probably have learnt some things-How to punch properly and how to evade simple attacks, if nothing else. Eventually, he left Yua to practice the simple forms as he continued towards Tobio, picking up a wooden plank along the side of the room as he did so.

"Ishida-san, would you mind holding this? I wish to test something. And then we can proceed with our practice."

If Tobio did, Shougo would bow his head slightly before narrowing his eyes, inhaling and then exhaling sharply as he punched outwards at the plank. His fist, curiously, did not drive through the plank, but instead stopped just short. A half-second later, Shougo snapped his hand backwards and the plank burst in two as though sundered by an invisible fist. His knuckles, however, were split slightly and trickles of blood oozed from them. Not that he appeared to notice; Shougo bore a small smile of triumph on his face.

"Almost. I could feel it. I think I may have found a way around damaging my own fist every time I strike something as hard as possible. Thank you, Ishida-san."

He bowed again, as he would if Tobio had not held up the plank anyway.

"Do you wish to practice Nimori-Ryu, your psychic power, or perhaps...Both, today, Ishida-san?"
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-09-17 at 05:55 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Bugbear in the Playground

Krystal is thankful that the gang decided to take off. This didn't exactly turn out like she thought it would.

Once they get a distance away, Krystal drops to her knees, looking beat. She looks to Crocell in time to see him vomit. She winces and looks away. She really didn't want to see that.

Well...that was different...You okay over there?

She's still looking elsewhere. And feeling sorry for Kin, who's stuck where she is.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

14. - Top - End - #464
    Pixie in the Playground

After he and Ryuji said their goodbyes, he left feeling good after having met another power user. True to his word he left off going into some back alley then reaching the rooftops via parkour. He will do just as he said he'd do, urban exploration. If anyone sees him his clothes will just make them think he's cosplaying or something, well this is Japan right? When he's had enough fun, he'll go home to his apartment.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duos View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Katashi's assault on the ceiling shatters the concrete like a rock through a pane of glass, and as the debris tumbles down, he manages to cruise straight through the hole, and soars-
    Headfirst into the floor of the room he'd just left, crashing into the flimsy steel table, his powers pulverizing it into metal confetti as they slow him to a stop.

What?

As he stands up and tries to figure out if he should make a different hole, he finds himself assaulted from behind, the quiet rustling of cloth giving away a vicious kick aimed at vulnerable organs. When he turns to face his assailant, he'll find himself face to face with two figures, wrapped in dark cloth. One of them is smoldering, wisps of foul smoke drifting from underneath its cowl, and the other creaks as it moves, sheaths of ice cracking on its shoulders. Yori's voice cuts through the darkness.

"YOU have the temerity to call ME a moron? How very expected of you. If you've ever heard the fable of the ant and the grasshopper, which I DOUBT you have, let me make this analogy. You are grasshopper, and I am the ant. Except in this case, instead of starving in the winter, you are going to be torn to shreds by a pair of genetically engineered death machines specifically designed to combat ESPers. A complete success, if you ask me; they're production units, ready to be fielded in replacement of ANTISKILL, and all thanks to you screwing up your guarding of that little girl. In my experience, nothing gets you shut down faster than failure, so think of it as me doing you favor."

The two assassins spread out to circle Katashi, wordlessly flanking him.

"Now, just so you know: My 'work' is ending your 'play'. I am 'fixing' to 'break' YOU, and I will 'talk' to Crowley about how you 'left' this mortal coil. Spoiler: you will do so SCREAMING in agony for daring to cross me."

There's a click as the microphone hangs up. The shorter of the two cloaked figures erupts into flames, burning away its cowl, and the other one's cloak shatters as it freezes solid, shards of cloth dropping to the ground, revealing exactly what Katashi has landed himself in.

((OOC: pictures! kinda large, so be careful))
    Spoiler
    Show
    The kick from behind never reached Katashi. He didn't even seem to notice as its momentum got cancelled out by his power and halted in mid attack. Even so, the sight of those two cloaked figures did give him pause. For the first time since Yori had met him, he looked like he was actually paying attention. This new-found curiosity lasted until the enemies were revealed in their full glory; Once that happened, the boredom returned in full force.

"...That's it? Fire and ice? Talk about unoriginal. After that quirky window thing, I was expecting something neat!"

Katashi paid no more heed to the two minions. They had been judged and found wanting. Instead, he turned his wrath on something far more important: Surveillance equipment. Katashi's senses (both mundane and supernatural) scoured the entire room for cameras, sensors and anything else which could be used to spy on him. Those were the true menace here, not these pathetic sideshow rejects. If he destroyed the eyes and ears which let Yori play 'puppet master', perhaps the man himself would be forced to enter the fray.

Spoiler
    Show
    The gangsters who Krystal had targeted with her power suddenly yeowling in pain as they were burned even more on top of the second degree burns that Crocell already gave them. The who had a cauterized stump where his hand used to be thanks to the origin of the explosion calls out. "Rynka! we need to get out of here. We can't fight like this, and I heard the shorty tell that gaijin b*tch to call Anti-Skill."

There is visible flame of anger in the girls eyes at the thought of having to retreat, but she could see that it was neccessary. "Fine," she spat, "but we will not forget this. Next time you won't be so lucky." With that she waved her hand once more and Crocell's digestive system had finally had enough. Stopping the fireball he was about to throw Crocell falls from his one knee down to both as his palms smack the ground and he evacuates the contents of his stomach while the gangsters try to make their getaway.
    (leaving it open so that if you want Krystal can react to this)
    A second stream of vomit soon followed the one spewed by Crocell. Kin's stomach hadn't fared any better than his. And falling alongside the disgusting flow were a few clear, pure drops of liquid, which sparkled in the afternoon sunlight. Kin was crying.

"Ha...Ha...I can't even wipe my own mouth. H-how pathetic is that? Here you are, risking your life, and I'm just w-weighing you...Oh Kami, those people...Why would anyone..."
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-17 at 01:16 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466

Katashi's first sweep of the room reveals nothing, but his experience tells him otherwise-no cameras, no microphones, but the whole room feels...bizzare. Like a rectangle with an invisible fifth side. His preponderance is cut short by a gasp of mock indignation.

"Unoriginal? How cruel! I feel slighted!"
    "Well, it is true. We are in possession of two of the most classical of all elemental powers."
    "Oh, you hush. I think he's just jealous, you know; his power is so boring. How hard can it really be to push things around like a schoolyard bully?"
    "Not terribly, I would imagine. Still, he's right. That doesn't mean we can't have fun with him, of course. As cliche as our act may be, my friend, there is a reason we're here: It gets the job done."
    "You always know what to say to make me smile on the inside. Not on the outside, of course, I don't have lips."

The flaming aberration crosses its arms, sulking, while the massive, rime-encrusted one taps its chin thoughtfully.

"I say we freeze him solid then melt him into a pool of goo."
    "I say we burn him to cinders then entomb the ashes in a block of ice."

"I say you KILL HIM ALREADY. Save your stupid manzai routine for later."

Yori's voice roars through the room like an irritated bear. The fiery mutant pouts while the other sighs.

"Wet blanket."
    "Comedy burnout."

SURTR scoops a chunk of concrete out of the wall, the rock-hard substance melting into a white-hot blob at it's touch, while the air near YMIR starts to drip, sizzling onto the floor as the oxygen in the space around it starts to liquify.

"You heard the boss. Time to die, loser!"
    "He can't be that much of a loser, he won the boss's hatred easy enough."

As the blot of searing hot pseudo-magma arcs towards Katashi from one side and a gout of liquid oxygen gushes towards him from the other, Katashi feels that twinge again-like the room just shifted into a more comfortable position to watch him, somehow. He has to put that aside for now, though-lethal force inbound tends to be more pressing than figuring out who's watching.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Crocell pants heavily as he wipes his mouth. He resonds to Kin first as he says, "The Jaguars. They barely even qualify as a Skill-Out gang. They don't care about the rights of level zero's at all. There a bunch of savages the lot of them. When they attack espers it's because their bored or for their own perverse pleasures. This...was probably nothing more than a way to <b class='translationId'>entertain</b> themselves for the evening. They usually don't come out that often, plus they have a habit of popping up like cockroaches whenever we think that we have got them all."

He tries to keep his voice light as he says, "Don't worry too much Kin. I'm just glad your safe. And yeah I'm fine Krystal. We just need to wait for Anti-Skill to get here to pick these guys up. They need a hospital and quickly."

Tobio watches in awe as the plank he holds up for Shougo is broken in half without him even needing to touch it. "Sugoi, Shougo-san! I didn't know your power was capable of such a technique!"

Silently he wondered if he could harness his power in a new and facinating way. It would have to be something that he asked Mei tommorow. As for right now he put his had to his chin as he considered Shougo's question. "Hmmm. I think I would like to work on both Shougo-san. It would be an interesting exercise would it not? Plus I too want to find a way to infuse my power into my fighting style."
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-18 at 05:24 AM.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: AnimeKiiiiiid, reply to my post!))

19. - Top - End - #469

Krystal takes a deep breath and nods a little. Yeah. They should be here pretty quick.

Upon hearing Kin's words, Krystal starts taking off her vest. She bunches it up and scoots to her friend. Here, hold still. I'll get it. As long as Kin complies, Krystal will wipe her face clean.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

20. - Top - End - #470
    Pixie in the Playground

Shougo exhaled slowly, refocusing his erratic thoughts. That had taken a great effort of will and timing; and even then, he had still hurt his hand a little. Still, he could feel it. If he practised this hard for a few weeks, a few months, if he got the timing and the focus just right...He figured he could theoretically punch holes straight through a wall of steel if he were given enough time to 'charge up' his kinetic energy. The theory was sound.

"It is nothing, Ishida-san. A mere gimmick, but effective. I simply transfer the stored kinetic energy onto the point of impact and release it when my hand is not present to avoid the opposing force. We learned it in physics yesterday-Newtons' Third Law, I think it was. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. That is why there is a limit to how hard we can strike-Our hands can only take so much."

He then bowed when Tobio suggested they train their martial skills and psychic powers together. That would be a somewhat-hard proposition, he thought; he knew Tobio had powers over ice, and that could ruin the floor. Fortunately, they had mats for that.

Shougo then spent the next few minutes dragging the thick tatami mats out of a nearby closet and rearranging over the length of the dojo floor, as well as moving the wall hangings to secure places. It was clear that he was going to take this kind of practice seriously. After all, he was currently the sole practitioner of a completely mundane martial arts form specifically created to combat Espers; his father had known the risks, and so did he. To take Espers lightly was to invite severe injury and death.

When the room was thoroughly prepared, Shougo stood some thirty feet away from Tobio and bowed once more.

"Are you ready, Ishida-san?"

And then he settled into a fighting stance, hands raised in that distinctive ninjutsu manner. He was ready to step off his front foot, and the second Tobio indicated that he was ready, Shougo would have darted forward with great speed, vanishing almost into a blur. Tobio would probably have anticipated this. However, he may not have anticipated Shougo suddenly turning on a dime some twenty feet in front of him, dashing to the side, leaping off the wall and launching a greatly acrobatic aerial assault on him. For an ordinary human, this feat would have been difficult and almost entirely impractical; but, for Shougo, his psychic power light of such problems as 'inertia' and 'acceleration'.

He was fast before. Now he was unbelievably quick.

That is not to say that he was definitively unbeatable; far from it-But for people unprepared for it, it would have been quite perplexing to overcome. And even for those who were aware of it, hand-to-hand combat with Shougo was now a daunting task.
    Last edited by Lord-Cao-Cao; 2012-09-18 at 10:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

"Wow, that's a freaky feeling. It's like one of those 'magic eye' things that hurt your brain if you stare too long."

Katashi peered around the room in a way that could have been mistaken for interest. He kept tilting his head and moving it back and forth, as if trying to 'focus' on the weird disturbance just beyond sight. In an effort to see things from another angle, he started gliding across the floor at (by his standards) a leisurely pace. Behind him, two devastating elemental attacks flew at (supposedly) high speed, towards the point where he used to be. The whole manoeuvre didn't come across as a defensive measure; It seemed for all the world like he'd just happened to move at that moment.

"Hey, Yarni: Hate to rush you, but...when does the fight start? I've got places to be."

For all this apparent impatience, Katashi made no move to leave. Maybe he really was waiting for Yori to fight him for real; Or maybe he just didn't want to get caught by that portal trick again.

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal takes a deep breath and nods a little. Yeah. They should be here pretty quick.

Upon hearing Kin's words, Krystal starts taking off her vest. She bunches it up and scoots to her friend. Here, hold still. I'll get it. As long as Kin complies, Krystal will wipe her face clean.
    Kin held still. She really didn't have much choice. Still, she'd have at least attempted to resist, had she known what Krystal was using as a cloth.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-18 at 04:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Atrum-Persavor
    Guest in the Playground

OOC: Newton's THIRD LAW! THIRD LAW! When you punch the wall, the wall punches you back!

The second law states that rate of change of momentum is related to how much force you put into punching the wall!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Pixie in the Playground

((OOC: My bad, my bad. I did that post at 6am, mind.))

24. - Top - End - #474

Katashi receives no answer from Yori as he tries to figure out what exactly it is about the room that's throwing him off, although the pair of genetic mutants behind him are perfectly happy to answer him.

"It starts now. It'll actually be a shame when we kill you-I think you're cool."
    "I think he's boring."
    "You think everything that doesn't explode is boring."
    "Lies! Alright, fine, it's true."

The air around Katashi starts to thicken as YMIR raises a fist and clenches it, the gases condensing into liquid form at frighteningly low temperatures. Ice crystal start to form on the walls nearby. SURTR yanks a leg off the ruined table and breathes on it, the metal superheating to redhot temperatures, and starts pulling on it like taffy, flattening it out into a broad blade. It admires its handiwork, nods at YMIR and then... they disappear, leaving behind only faints blurs and wisps of smoke and cryonic gasses. Katashi feels a warmth on the back of his neck and a chill in his feet.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Katashi immediately smashed another hole in the ceiling and launched himself towards it.

"Not in the mood? Fine. We'll finish this some other time."

All things considered, the sloppy Level 5 might have made a good poker player. He had this strange, eternally casual demeanour that made reading his motives quite difficult. It was hard to tell whether he was leaving because the latest attack could be dangerous, or because he was simply tired of this whole fiasco. Either way, he acted as if this was nothing more than a whim.

In the unlikely event that his departure went unimpeded, he'd keep rising until he reached the roof of whatever building this room was in. But should a portal appear in front of him, he'd suddenly veer off in a different direction, then start bouncing wildly around the room like it was a 3D pinball machine. Every time a portal blocked the route to one exit, he'd just head towards (or create) another one, whether in a wall or the ceiling. The intent would be clear: Outpace Yori's ability to create and target those complex spacial distortions. Not a bad plan, considering its source. Of course, it did depend rather heavily on Yori using the same trick as last time...

26. - Top - End - #476

When Katashi applies force to the room once more, expecting it to break, he finds himself unpleasantly surprised-the concrete cracks, hair-thin seams leaking dust, but doesn't break as before. He certainly didn't misjudge the force needed-it's as if something dissipated or leeched the kinetic energy away. Then, there's an audible *WHOOPMH* from below him, shortly followed by pillar of radiant heat that literally burns past him, air rushing in to fill the gap.

"Oh pooh, I missed. Hey, glasses! Do that again, I need another supercharge."
    "No way, the next one is mine. We take turns, remember?""

As he veers off to try another wall, he's cut off mid-air by YMIR's massive, icy bulk, mid-swing through a nasty looking knife-edge.

"C'mere, cuddles."
    "We just want a hug!"

The jarringly cheery taunt comes from both in front as well as behind, as a molten machete cleaves through the air towards the back of his knees. The incredibly well timed attacks miss by inches, though, as Katashi ricochets from wall to wall, almost too fast to see, blasting away at his cage. Every time, he puts more than enough power into the blow to blast clean through-and every time, something dampens the shot. His increasing frustration is matched by YMIR and SURTR: They seem to be getting faster with every failed escape attempt.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Shougo was indeed fast. While Tobio's eyes were barely able to track him his body was barely keeping up. The only reason that he was able to block any of Shougo's blows was because of the fact that he stayed stationary and tried to much as few and short movements as possible. However there was still the incredible power behind Shougo's blows. He was going to be sore tommorow. Shougo was like a humming bird, fast and all over the place. Tobio couldn't lock on long enough to actually use his powers on him. So what all could he do? That was when he realized something.

The Nimori Dojo was a restricted area. While it was spacious for being inside Shougo still had only so many angles he could attack from. Inevitably some of them had to repeat. About a minute into the bout Tobio was starting to bruise and hadn't it Shougo yet. Then he made his move

Reaching into the well of his powers he concentrated on several key areas of the mats that Shougo had laid down. Thanks to the ambient moisture in the air condensing and being super chilled a thin layer of ice appeared the the areas he targeted. It should have been enough to cause Shougo to slip or at least slow down. That would have the moment he moved forward. Tobio was fast in his own right though it paled in comparison to Shougo. However his steps were measured and careful, yet unconcious in their execution as he lashed out with a low kick.
    __________________________________________________ _____________

It took only 4 minutes for Anti-Skill to show up. It was obvious they were agitated with the fact that the Jaguars got away but they were more concerned with the Espers. Two men helped up the two of the injured boys strechers while two female officers gingerly helped the to girls onto their feet. As they headed towards the Anti-Skill vehicle for transport to a hospital two more officers moved forward. A stern looking Chinese woman with short black hair moved to question them while a Japanese man with tan skin and plum colored hair check the boy with the cracked skull's pulse before shaking his head sadly and talking into his radio.

The woman looked at the three gathered Espers as she said, "Judgement Officer Shiota Tsubasa, Officer Lei Fang, you did a good job here. While it is frustrating that the Jaguars were able to get away you performed your first and foremost duty to protect the citizens of Academy City."

Crocell nods his head stiffly before he speaks, "Thank you for the praise ma'am, but there was a casualty." He looks past the woman to the boy on the ground who was now being covered by a white blanket.

The woman shakes her as she says, "It is unfortunate however as you stopped this attack the Jaguars were unable to finish what they intended to do. 4 Espers owe you their lives. Though I do have to ask, why are you being accompanied by civilians?"

Crocell shakes his head as he says, "An unfortuante circumstance. My friend on my back has a kind of adhesive power. While I was traveling with them I did not intend for them to get involved in this. However my friend's power is not under her total control. She is of this moment stuck to me."

Lei Fand turns to look at the two girls as she says, "Is this true?"
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2012-09-20 at 07:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #478

Hajime nods in agreement, obediently following Moroe. It was his nature, his essence.

There was no other way for Hajime to live. There was no other way for him to exist, apart from following his Master. He would not stop.

((Not much for Hajime right now, my bad ;_; It's hard to write more when everything Hajime does is moroemoroemoroe.))

Anti-Skill Headquarters

There are always a few.

A few who don't follow the Laws of the City. They don't last long, most of the time. But some... a very small some, but nevertheless, some, live. They live, and they kill.

There is one man who watches these few. One man who demands their attention, refuses to acknowledge that they should ever exist.

When the good go bad, the hunted become the hunters. Cameras at every angle, face toward a single man, who slammed his fist into the keyboards before him, lights dancing across his face as a snarl broke through his lips.

He does not calm himself, ripping a microphone from its neat lock near the keyboard, and roared into it: "Anti-Skill, Assemble. Jaguars are on the move. Lethal force is allowed. Last seen near the School Garden. Go."

He tossed the microphone aside, and grabbed his hat on the way out, putting on casually, the tails of his jacket softly fluttering in the invisible wind.

There are always a few. And those few whisper one name in quiet fear and awe. He's not the leader of Anti-Skill. He's not even a commander. He's the man who watches every camera on every street, the man who uses all of his power to find you and bring you down. He does not stop. He never stops.

He's the Detective.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

After a few more passes, Katashi gave up on trying to break the walls. Apparently he wasn't willing to risk putting any more power into his blows. For the first time, he addressed his two opponents.

"Okay, I admit it: That's a pretty nice trick. Kudos."

At long last, the comedians had gotten his attention. Katashi's slothlike train of thought had finally chugged its way into the station, carrying a message which said 'Hey, maybe (juuussst maaayyyybeeee) I should do something about these guys who keep trying to kill me.'

With a pronounced sigh, he withdrew some spare change from his pockets. The next time the enemy tried a close quarters attack, they'd each receive a volley of coin-bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Hajime nods in agreement, obediently following Moroe. It was his nature, his essence.

There was no other way for Hajime to live. There was no other way for him to exist, apart from following his Master. He would not stop.

((Not much for Hajime right now, my bad ;_; It's hard to write more when everything Hajime does is moroemoroemoroe.))
    The trip home was fast and uneventful. Moroe was anxious to check on the little girl who'd been left all alone in her house. The drones she'd installed in each room were no substitute for an actual person. Thank goodness the weekend had started. Now she'd be able to watch over Shiki personally for the rest...of...her stay...

...Wait. How long was this assignment supposed to last, anyway? Now that she came to think of it, she didn't remember Shiki setting a time limit. But surely it did have a limit, right? ...Right?

Moroe suddenly picked up the pace. Soon she was rushing up her stairs and calling out, in a voice that tried its best not to sound nervous.

"Little girl? Are you here?"

The woman shakes her as she says, "It is unfortunate however as you stopped this attack the Jaguars were unable to finish what they intended to do. 4 Espers owe you their lives. Though I do have to ask, why are you being accompanied by civilians?"

Crocell shakes his head as he says, "An unfortuante circumstance. My friend on my back has a kind of adhesive power. While I was traveling with them I did not intend for them to get involved in this. However my friend's power is not under her total control. She is of this moment stuck to me."

Lei Fand turns to look at the two girls as she says, "Is this true?"
    "Y-Y-Yes."

Kin would have given a lot to swap powers with Yua right now. She just wanted to disappear until this horrible situation blew over. In the past few minutes she'd been assaulted by guilt, fear, horror, sickness and (as of now) deep personal shame. The hero who'd saved four lives today didn't deserve a burden like her.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2012-09-20 at 10:57 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [Rail IC] Academy City III: Abusive Physics Never End!

[Shougo's Home]

Yua is quite clearly very new to martial arts, trying carefully not to fall or accidentally hit something while practising the basics that Shougo had demonstrated. Watching the others prepare, Yua shyly tries not to seem to clumsy by comparison.
    If Shougo and Tobio focus on the fact that they had been three people when entering the dojo, they would be able to notice that Yua was still there. Awareness Control was doing its best to divert them, however, resulting in Yua's impressed gasp at Shougo's feat going almost certainly unheard.

Slowing down the practising, Yua watches as Tobio and Shougo duels. Unseen eyes wide in awe that the two fellow students of Onizuka could be this skilled.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.