New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Banned

Default Re: Villainous Competition XX​I: Yarr!

I would agree with that, I just wanted to know exactly how things are going to be proceeding. After all, if we wait for Yklikt to finish we may be waiting a long time indeed.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiri View Post
    I would agree with that, I just wanted to know exactly how things are going to be proceeding. After all, if we wait for Yklikt to finish we may be waiting a long time indeed.
    Agreed. We were told a conclusion would have happened by now. Given, I understand things come up, but I've dropped out for just such a reason before. We either need him to finish, or we need to move on.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Villainous Competition XX​I: Yarr!

I'm setting a deadline for final judging and disputes of 23:59 GMT Thur 20th July.

Hopefully that should be enough time for everything to be finalized.

If not, only judging completed by that time will be taken into account (i.e. if any judge has only scored some of the competitors, their judging will not be counted).

Also a reminder: now is a good time to give honorable mention votes, which can be done by PM or posted in the thread. Competitors can vote for other entries, just not their own. I'll leave it up to judges if they want to give HMs or not.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Banned

Build Graydeath's Scoring Current Position
    Ulgaal, the Planar Corsair 16.00 2nd
    Daggadol 15.25 6th/7th
    Kyra the Taker 10.25 11th
    Tadashi Shirahama, "The Wave Man" 14.25 9th
    The Sea Dirge 15.00 8th
    Thrashk Deadeyes, the Albatross 15.25 6th/7th
    Ebbeth Unyak 16.50 1st
    The Bookthief 15.50 4th/5th
    Old Tommy Rawhead 15.75 3rd
    Colsonaes, the Hunted Daughter, Bane of the Tel'Quessir 15.50 4th/5th
    Cilawar 13.50 10th

A table taking only the current completed judging into account.
    Last edited by Tiri; 2017-07-19 at 06:30 AM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

HM goes to Cilawar. I had a similar idea of a Vampire turning to ship-stealing for him and his vampire brood to freely traverse waters, then upgrading to Vampire Lord Master of the Unseen Hand to control the weather and evwrything/one within weight limit.

Using ships for a Dungeon Lord is a particularly clever and novel approach for me, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yklikt View Post
    Hey I guess I give this guy hm too, I not have time finish judge, but looks one of mire interest one
    Well, that be the case, and that no one else has stepped forward to announce judging, can we go ahead and call it?

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Buufreak View Post
    Well, that be the case, and that no one else has stepped forward to announce judging, can we go ahead and call it?
    Yeah that sounds good. Excited to see the theme for the next round.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Villainous Competition XX​I: Yarr!

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Yeah that sounds good. Excited to see the theme for the next round.
    No problem, I'll attempt to do it on my lunch break, or if not, when I get home from work.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

RogueGuy

Many thanks to our judges, and 2/3 Bane, our Intrepid chairperson. Your efforts are appreciated

My honorable mention goes to bookthief. Muy Suave!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Banned

Build Graydeath's Scoring Current Position
    Ulgaal, the Planar Corsair 16.00 2nd
    Daggadol 15.25 6th/7th
    Kyra the Taker 10.25 11th
    Tadashi Shirahama, "The Wave Man" 14.25 9th
    The Sea Dirge 15.00 8th
    Thrashk Deadeyes, the Albatross 15.25 6th/7th
    Ebbeth Unyak 16.50 1st
    The Bookthief 15.50 4th/5th
    Old Tommy Rawhead 15.75 3rd
    Colsonaes, the Hunted Daughter, Bane of the Tel'Quessir 15.50 4th/5th
    Cilawar 13.50 10th

Here's a table showing the current three-way tie for Honorable Mention.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Villainous Competition XX​I: Yarr!

Time for the final reveal:

Build Competitor Scoring Current Position
    Ebbeth Unyak Aka-chan 16.50 1st
    Ulgaal, the Planar Corsair Korahir 16.00 2nd
    Old Tommy Rawhead Deadline 15.75 3rd
    The Bookthief Jormengand 15.50 4th/5th
    Colsonaes, the Hunted Daughter, Bane of the Tel'Quessir Buufreak 15.50 4th/5th
    Daggadol InvisibleBison 15.25 6th/7th
    Thrashk Deadeyes, the Albatross The Viscount 15.25 6th/7th
    The Sea Dirge Hackulator 15.00 8th
    Tadashi Shirahama, "The Wave Man" Telonius 14.25 9th
    Cilawar Tiri 13.50 10th
    Kyra the Taker Jormengand 10.25 11th

Congrats to all, especially the place-getters! 4-way tie for HM (Sea Dirge got an HM by PM)!

On that note, I'd like to announce that I'm standing down (possibly temporarily) as chair for the Villainous Competition.

Main reason being as much as I'm happy to chair, I also want to compete, dammit!

The various trolls (and I'm still not convinced there is more than one) may consider this a "victory" of some sort. All I can say is Novolin (aka Prasit), Ywvbevlin, Yklikt and the other accounts I have an eye on: if ruining people's enjoyment and trying to sabotage a "just for fun" internet competition is how you get your kicks, I actually pity you.

Inevitability will be taking the position, at the very least for the next comp. I wish him much luck, and I'm genuinely stoked to be able to compete again!

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I guess I'd want to be a participant too if I'd been chair so long. I understand, Thurbane, and I welcome our new Supreme Chancellor Inevitablity!
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Banned

Congratulations to all the medalists on winning and to Thurbane on being back as a competitor!

You certainly deserve the break after being our longest-serving chairman. Change is exciting.

However, I just need to point one thing out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane View Post
    Inevatability
    Welcome, New Chairman Inevatability! Your ascension was inevatable.
    Last edited by Tiri; 2017-07-20 at 03:14 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like I'm not the only one to catch that...
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

C'mon, give "the one formerly known as Dirge Stirge" a break!

Congrats to our participants, especially the awardees!
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Banned

Double honourable mention aww yiss. Also my power to score really low while getting HM is legendary.

I for one welcome our new inevitable overlords. (Just kidding; I'm chaotic. >.>)
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2017-07-20 at 07:35 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Titan in the Playground

Can't wait to see what you come up with for your next dish, Thurbane.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Novolin View Post
    Why is Thurbane bullying yklikt now? And I am not a troll
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    Rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurbane
    Inevitably
    Way to go, ds! And can't wait to see what Thurbane can toss into the mix.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Woo! Thanks for the judging! I knew this was going to be a low-scoring round for me. But making something actually semi-playable that has 4 levels of Samurai and Monk was totally worth it.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Bugbear in the Playground

RogueGuy

I didn't see Yklikt trolling, not sure where that accusation comes from?

In my heart, I won this, because if my score hadn't been changed after a PM that broke the rules, my score would be highest.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post

In my heart, I won this, because if my score hadn't been changed after a PM that broke the rules, my score would be highest.
    Some people interpreted an earlier incident with Yklikt about some rules as trolling. It looked more like he was just being stupid to me, but given recent history, it's understandable why they'd think that.

Congratulations on the Honorable Mention and the 'win'.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Wll, sadly Iw as away from the INet for almost 2 days (curse not being able to get in at work), my HM would have gone to the Book Thief as well, sadly it wont count.

I am honestly saddened that only my judging got completed, I always like it if there is a tourough exchange of different opinions in competitions such as this.

As for Thurbane leaving the Chair: Sad but foreseeable, seeing how many trolls trolled him and the Competition. let me say that I valued your cairing tremendously, and am sad to see you go...although the replacement was of course Inevetible.^^

Lets hope you have more fun with actually competing. :D

As for the last dispute regardin Cilawar: sorry, I would have answered if I had been on. Sadly I wasnt. In case you were wondering: The new points raised were , unless they ere clarifications or the as I admitted underrated Dungeon lord part, not considered.
    I understand that that can be frustrating (happened to me as well in my only finished comp^^), but if one starts to judge later Info/new stuff not in the original Entry, there will never be an end to it.
    I do hope you can accept that. :)

Edit: as for Sea Dirge: I did not read any judgings or disputes and did not receive any PM prior to my first judging (but afterwards, and I would also ask people not to do this!). Sadly for you I once wanted to build something similar and gave it up do to having to jump through too many loops to get it intelligent, so ...yeah. My Rules Knowledge is not the largest here, but unluckily for you you got a "mistake" in that I made myself once. Sucks.
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2017-07-20 at 11:55 AM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

24. - Top - End - #264
    Banned

GrayDeath, you did actually miss some stuff, and you're still not getting it, but let's just agree to disagree on that one. The competition is over for this round.

I am also against introducing new material in disputes, but I really don't think that's what I did.

I'll just judge the next round you compete in and penalise you unreasonably in revenge.

25. - Top - End - #265

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    Edit: as for Sea Dirge: I did not read any judgings or disputes and did not receive any PM prior to my first judging (but afterwards, and I would also ask people not to do this!). Sadly for you I once wanted to build something similar and gave it up do to having to jump through too many loops to get it intelligent, so ...yeah. My Rules Knowledge is not the largest here, but unluckily for you you got a "mistake" in that I made myself once. Sucks.
    Yeah no worries I wasn't talking about you at all. Ykiklit originally had me at a 19 til someone PMed him that there was no way for my monster to have an intelligence, which was wrong. So the person broke the rules to PM him AND was wrong, however he still ended up lowering my score cause reasons.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground

Silver once again, seems like gold isn't for me :P. Congrats to everyone.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hackulator View Post

It may be more about them having a remarkably similar posting style to Novolin/Ywvbevlin, leading to the suspicion that they are part of a sock-puppet hydra (as it would seem many of the previous trolls may be).

That said, thank you Yklikt on attempting to judge. I think what judging you did finish was decent and well-explained. I hope to see you finish a judging in the future. I can totally understand Real Life taking its toll.

Edit - Congrats to Aka-chan, Korahir, and all the HM winners this round. There were some awesome entries this go around. Hackulator, I really liked the Sea Dirge (it got my HM vote), and will likely work up a pre-epic version (using either animate + permanency + awaken, or just Haunt Shift) to use in a future campaign.
    Last edited by Deadline; 2017-07-20 at 12:43 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Iron Penguin!

Signature of Holding

28. - Top - End - #268

RogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline View Post
    It may be more about them having a remarkably similar posting style to Novolin/Ywvbevlin, leading to the suspicion that they are part of a sock-puppet hydra (as it would seem many of the previous trolls may be).

That said, thank you Yklikt on attempting to judge. I think what judging you did finish was decent and well-explained. I hope to see you finish a judging in the future. I can totally understand Real Life taking its toll.

Edit - Congrats to Aka-chan, Korahir, and all the HM winners this round. There were some awesome entries this go around. Hackulator, I really liked the Sea Dirge (it got my HM vote), and will likely work up a pre-epic version (using either animate + permanency + awaken, or just Haunt Shift) to use in a future campaign.
    Before I discovered the Life Seed, I was trying to do some serious RAW backflips in order to create that monster. Remember, nothing in your campaign has to be epic for the Sea Dirge to exist, the person who created it can have been dead for a thousand years.

However, if you want to try to make it work without epic spells, this is how:

The original Sea Dirge concept was a ship with it's hull shaped to look like a human man on some sort of torture device, for reasons that will become clear. The figurehead was the wailing head of the tortured man.

Take that ship and cast polymorph any object on it to polymorph it into an animated version of itself. Depending on rulings this gives you a permanently animated ship because your duration factor gets above 9. There may be other ways to do this, but I found the Life Seed and stopped looking.

Cast Awaken Construct on the ship. Because the ship is shaped like a tortured man, it is arguably a "Humanoid-Shaped" Construct it can be a target for that spell. Alternately, simply use the pathfinder version of the spell which does not have that restriction.

There might be better/more elegant ways to do it without epic magic, but for a DM creating a monster, the Epic Magic is the way to go.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I'm just not engaging any of the trolls/suspected trolls any more, and I have them on my ignore list.

FWIW, aside from what happened publicly in the thread, I received multiple PM complaints about the behavior (past and present) of Yklikt.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Banned

Are we still going with whatever you decided for next round, Thurbane, or is that up to Inevitability now?

I mean, I would normally assume it was up to the new Chariman, but since you said you had the theme locked in...