New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: LaZodiac Plays: Megaman Classic Series Retrospective

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    You could probably Boomerang or Metal Blade them out of the way faster than the Buster will, at least.
    True. Unfortunately, as I'm sure I've not doubt shown you guys by this point, I'm not ENTIRELY the smartest when it comes to impulse decisions

2. - Top - End - #152

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That guy is basically the entire reason I hate Sniper Joes in Megaman 2.
    Try walking at it with Atomic Fire charging; you'll be able to blast it before it gets a shot off if you launch bit before it comes on screen.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

3. - Top - End - #153

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Try walking at it with Atomic Fire charging; you'll be able to blast it before it gets a shot off if you launch bit before it comes on screen.
    I'll keep that in mind for the future, though considering I'm on the (so fantasically translated) Eight Body Wily, I don't think I'll have to worry TOO much about it

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I'll be perfectly honest. Aside from like, the highest level Intensity, I disagree. Kid Icarus Uprising is a fun little romp that is exactly as hard as I want it.
    Oh, I agree. I'm just been trying to get all the achievements and clear... wait. YOU PLAY KID ICARUS UPRISING!?! *twitch twitch* PLAY WITH ME! *twitch*

In this game? No, nothing's really good at killing em, far as I know. In later games you can bypass their shields through a couple of ways (not the last of which just making your arm clip through the shield and just shoot them directly).
    ... you can seriously just clip through them in one of the games? XD

I'll keep that in mind for the future, though considering I'm on the (so fantasically translated) Eight Body Wily, I don't think I'll have to worry TOO much about it
    Boss Rush and Final Bosses! Hey, this is the first game that gives you all the bosses in 1 room to choose who you fight.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Oh, I agree. I'm just been trying to get all the achievements and clear... wait. YOU PLAY KID ICARUS UPRISING!?! *twitch twitch* PLAY WITH ME! *twitch*

... you can seriously just clip through them in one of the games? XD

Boss Rush and Final Bosses! Hey, this is the first game that gives you all the bosses in 1 room to choose who you fight.
    Perhaps, perhaps. I've had trouble getting it's multiplayer to work for some reason.

In...basically every game past 2, except for 7 and 8, yes!

Yup! I'm going to mention that

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

.... Kirby's Cthulu. You don't need to be unpredictable when you're an eldrich abomination.
    I was referring to his advantage vis a vis the robot masters.

Just finished playing Day in the Limelight 2, where you rock a tag team of the MM2 robot masters instead of Megaman vs the MM3 bosses. The later levels will often feature obstacles that can either much more easily, or only be cleared with their cooperation. An example might be an excruciating gauntlet made far easier with the Time Stopper, followed by spark shooting electrodes the Leaf Shield can jam and disappearing blocks only Quick Man can traverse in time. Totally awesome, and like Minus Infinity, better than any official content Capcom has ever released in the 8-bit series, including 9 and 10. The Hard mode is legitimately challenging, with a hair tearingly difficult (but epic) final boss if you refuse to use e-tanks. However, there is also a Normal and Easy mode.

7. - Top - End - #157

I've seen it, and the original one. Both are quite fantastic and remind me of Megaman Powered Up, which should of gotten more of it.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ettin in the Playground

I've seen it, and the original one. Both are quite fantastic and remind me of Megaman Powered Up, which should of gotten more of it.
    My only regret is how completely worthless Crashman was. Also, any chance of an LP? :X

9. - Top - End - #159

Nope, sorry. However, I intend to atleast show off Powered Up, which is close

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Ah, disappoint :\. Why not; doesn't qualify as it's not an official title? I don't think anyone's expecting you to play hard mode.

11. - Top - End - #161

Quote Originally Posted by Surrealistik View Post
    Ah, disappoint :\. Why not; doesn't qualify as it's not an official title? I don't think anyone's expecting you to play hard mode.
    Well, this IS a Classic series retrospective, it not being an official title is kind of a thing

I'm not saying I won't NEVER play it, I'm just saying that for the perpose of this thread, I won't. I've just got so many OTHER projects that adding another one will just be ridiculous. Just ask my friends, I've got like, the next two years planned out

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ettin in the Playground

To be fair, everything about it _is_ classic megaman, developer excepted (yes, I realize it's not actually of the series). ;p

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

While we wait for next game to load...

Is it me, or in Day in the Dimelight 2, Top Man seems to be the best Robot Master to beat first? Despite its slowness, Flash Man is perfect for the task, particularly since it seems that Flash Stopper IS Top Man's weakness. Unless I'm missing something else, Flash Stopper plus hitting at point-blank range can blast its life bar to half before it unloads completely.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ettin in the Playground

Crashman is actually Top Man's weakness (he has an even easier time), but Flash Man works very well too.

I would agree Flash Man is best to start with. Time Stopper is ridiculously useful.

I typically snag him, Quick Man, and Wood Man in that order as they're easily the three most useful and synergetic masters.

15. - Top - End - #165

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    While we wait for next game to load...
    Well, since you seem so excited about it, let's post the next video right now (it's 12:10 midnight my time, so it IS Tuesday!)

Megaman 2 [13] Wily Stage 5

Here we are folks, the final battle! Can we defeat the *snickers* Eight Body Wily? Or will we crash?

The robot masters continue to be the robot masters. Fun fact, Metalman does NOT like his weapon. Two hits, one in the english release. Fun times.

Finally we get to Wily himself! The Wily Machine is one I'm not 100% sure on the weakness of, and I didn't want to use crash bombs (since I know how effective they CAN be) right away, but in the end I did the right decisions. That place where I shoot the final crashbomb, if you time it right and hit that exact spot, you'll INSTANTLY defeat Wily.

And with that out of the way, we continue on to the *falls into a pit*
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-09 at 01:13 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166

Second round against Heatman really impressive, making him skip the attack phase with Bubble Lead. That's timing, nice job Also, Bubbleman does a lot of damage; I never noticed. And good job landing that last Crash Bomb to bring down Dr. Wafwee once and for all...

It never fails to amuse me how Metalman dies as fast to Blades as Woodman dies to fully charged Atomic Fire. That's just kinda ridiculous
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Crashman is actually Top Man's weakness (he has an even easier time), but Flash Man works very well too.

I would agree Flash Man is best to start with. Time Stopper is ridiculously useful.

I typically snag him, Quick Man, and Wood Man in that order as they're easily the three most useful and synergetic masters.
    I've found so far that Flash Man -> Metal Man -> Air Man is a much easier method. Lets you snag Bubble Man a bit easier (IIRC, Gemini Man's weakness is Air Man, at least judging how easy it is to beat it), then get to Spark Man for Wood Man (Wood Man is great against Spark Man, but definitely Bubble Man is it's weakness...if you were playing without a keyboard. Bubble Man is pretty slow, but he can dodge everything with good manual dexterity).

In any case; what's the weakness path once again? (Crashman -> Top Man) -> (Flash Man -> Shadow Man) -> (?) -> (Metal Man -> Snake Man) -> (Air Man -> Gemini Man) -> (Bubble Man -> Spark Man) -> (Wood Man -> Magnet Man) -> (Heat Man -> Hard Man)?
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    I've found so far that Flash Man -> Metal Man -> Air Man is a much easier method. Lets you snag Bubble Man a bit easier (IIRC, Gemini Man's weakness is Air Man, at least judging how easy it is to beat it), then get to Spark Man for Wood Man (Wood Man is great against Spark Man, but definitely Bubble Man is it's weakness...if you were playing without a keyboard. Bubble Man is pretty slow, but he can dodge everything with good manual dexterity).
    Weakness path is funnily enough identical to MM3's, including its splintered loop: Hard Man -> Top Man -> Shadow Man -> Spark Man (yes Quick Man is his true weakness) -> Magnet Man -> Hard/Gemini Man

Gemini Man -> Needle Man -> Snake Man -> Gemini Man

Personally I don't bother with weaknesses (Quick Man easily perfects most masters anyways) so much as with what works and allows me to proceed fastest through the levels and with the least grief, which is what my first three choices permit. That said, you can definitely start along the major weakness path with Flash -> Quick -> Wood if you like.

Snake Man is basically retarded and needs no weakness to beat, especially with Quick Man. Just bound over the first snake wave, then jump over him and the second wave when you land; destroy him from behind, rinse and repeat. He doesn't turn around until he reaches the other wall because he's got a bad case of the roboderps.

Gemini Man's weaknesses are Air Man and Heat Man, but of the two, yeah, I agree. Air Man makes that fight laughable. Easy perfect.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

I've always wondered whether that OHKO on Wily with the Crash Bomb was supposed to be some kind of Star Wars Death Star reference. Either way, nice job Zo.

20. - Top - End - #170

I've always wondered whether that OHKO on Wily with the Crash Bomb was supposed to be some kind of Star Wars Death Star reference. Either way, nice job Zo.
    I'm actually pretty sure it's just a trick of how the game enguine works. Hitting him on that spot doesn't count as hitting HIM, just a wall or some such, so instead of the bomb just vanishing since it hit something, it detonates. And Wily doesn't have any stun frames, so the instant it explodes, the continiously damaging explosion of the Crash Bomb kinda rips him apart.

However, they COULD of designed it to be a Death Star reference, since the design iiiis kinda similiar.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

Haha, oh probably. I thought it may have been deliberate since they left it in for the Wii version, but I suppose I should know better than to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt.

22. - Top - End - #172

Haha, oh probably. I thought it may have been deliberate since they left it in for the Wii version, but I suppose I should know better than to give Capcom the benefit of the doubt.
    Well keep in mind they left it in in the VC release because the VC is an emulator playing roms, essentialy.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ettin in the Playground

True, although I'd thought they'd updated/changed other portions of the classic games; so are these really just straight, unaltered roms?

24. - Top - End - #174

True, although I'd thought they'd updated/changed other portions of the classic games; so are these really just straight, unaltered roms?
    I'm pretty sure they are, yha.

As for the game I'M playing, it IS a Gamecube version of an anniversary collection, which is why I've got rapid fire, Engrish Extravaganza, and other such things. Speaking of which, I SHOULD tell you guys, next Tuesday is the LAST Megaman 2 video! Hope you all enjoy when we get there.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Perhaps, perhaps. I've had trouble getting it's multiplayer to work for some reason.
    Wifi connection or corded connection? Actually, I don't think you -can- do a corded connection...

Can it get to the internet in the first place?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLL LIED! SHE SAID THIS WAS THE FINAL BATTLE! IT WAS, INFACT, NOT!

... why didn't Wily put down a row of Spikemen underneath his platform? ... why didn't that teleporter teleport Megaman back to the start of the game!?! Wily, you are no evil genius.

Your hadoken against woodman was -epic-... if only you hadn't been injured so badly against Airman, you coulda done that all without dying...

I'll trust you when you say the next one is the -real- final battle, but my confidence in roll has been shattered... what love I have to her now belongs to Iris. But that's neither here nor there.

Maybe only metal can desstroy metal, via cutting it.... it's good for cutting almost everything else, at least!

Good show!

26. - Top - End - #176

Wifi connection or corded connection? Actually, I don't think you -can- do a corded connection...

Can it get to the internet in the first place?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROLL LIED! SHE SAID THIS WAS THE FINAL BATTLE! IT WAS, INFACT, NOT!

... why didn't Wily put down a row of Spikemen underneath his platform? ... why didn't that teleporter teleport Megaman back to the start of the game!?! Wily, you are no evil genius.

Your hadoken against woodman was -epic-... if only you hadn't been injured so badly against Airman, you coulda done that all without dying...

I'll trust you when you say the next one is the -real- final battle, but my confidence in roll has been shattered... what love I have to her now belongs to Iris. But that's neither here nor there.

Maybe only metal can desstroy metal, via cutting it.... it's good for cutting almost everything else, at least!

Good show!
    Basically I can't connect to the Wifi. I've tried to connect to a random match but it's never worked.

Wily IS a genius. He WANTED to fight us, to beat us himself. He was confident in his gigantic machine being invincible. He was wroooong haha

Hey, to be fair to Roll, she legitimately didn't know. And don't worry, NEXT game or two is going to be a lot more free with its spoilers. Our navigator in Megaman 3 is a certain red fellow, and in Megaman 4 and 5 the twists (such as they are) are ruined by the navigators. But, it is ok.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Basically I can't connect to the Wifi. I've tried to connect to a random match but it's never worked.
    Hm... the 3DS itself can't be made to connect to your Wifi? It has to be fully set up and able to go online before you try it with Kid Icarus...

Wily IS a genius. He WANTED to fight us, to beat us himself. He was confident in his gigantic machine being invincible. He was wroooong haha
    But a real genius doesn't have to get into the fight. A real genius has already won. And this guy's about to get pwned by the blue dude with attitude...

Hey, to be fair to Roll, she legitimately didn't know. And don't worry, NEXT game or two is going to be a lot more free with its spoilers. Our navigator in Megaman 3 is a certain red fellow, and in Megaman 4 and 5 the twists (such as they are) are ruined by the navigators. But, it is ok.
    Heh. Darn special edition and the spoilering engrish!

28. - Top - End - #178

Hm... the 3DS itself can't be made to connect to your Wifi? It has to be fully set up and able to go online before you try it with Kid Icarus...

But a real genius doesn't have to get into the fight. A real genius has already won. And this guy's about to get pwned by the blue dude with attitude...

Heh. Darn special edition and the spoilering engrish!
    My 3DS works on Wifi for other games, is the thing.

He's a MAD genius. They aren't sensible.

To be fair, MM6's spoilering is due entirely to a typo. The English translation of the navigator talk is sooo bad.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

My 3DS works on Wifi for other games, is the thing.
    Gah... ;.;

We need to fight, though!

WE NEED A CANNON/ARM MATCH WITH MEGALASERS AND COMETS BECAUSE OF THIS THREAD!

30. - Top - End - #180

*continues to fall down a pit* Waaaaaaah welcome to the last episode of Megaman 2 waaaaah *lands*

Megaman 2 [14] Wily Stage 6

There isn't much to say about this stage, truth be told. The acid is kind of annoying but there is a way to get past it without any effort every time. As for the boss, this teeechnically starts a trend of always fighting Dr Wily in a weakened form of sorts, after defeating his main mecha.

But yes, with that, Megaman 2 is done. See you all next Tuesday for Megaman 3, which is infinitly better then Megaman 2.