New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

What would be required to make a pocket demension by magic? I want to do something before fff is ended.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    Take your pick. I'm planning on doing a comic, but I won't be making it tonight. Feel free to have Fawkes carry out your orders.

Also, Lying, are you opposed to the Fat Fish Fury II: Future Imperfect compromise concept?
    Could you elaborate? I must have missed that section.

I'm not opposed to Future Imperfect starting and being run, I'm mostly opposed to FFF being shut down as a result of it. I would prefer both were run rather than just FI.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    What would be required to make a pocket demension by magic? I want to do something before fff is ended.
    Genesis allows you to make a demiplane.

Its a psionic power, not a spell, but I think there's a spell version somewhere.

EDIT: Spell version
    Last edited by kpenguin; 2008-12-19 at 09:27 PM.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

4. - Top - End - #94

thanks. I intend to use this in a comic. Probably to get the civillians out of sharnin before sovices engage the country itself.

5. - Top - End - #95

thanks. I intend to use this in a comic. Probably to get the civillians out of sharnin before sovices engage the country itself.
    With 180 ft. per casting, you'd better have a lot of time on your hands to make a demiplane large enough to comfortably fit a nation.

6. - Top - End - #96

micro nation thank you very much. It isn't over yet ya know. I'll have the casting actually happen in fff and after the time skip The civillians would have been there for awhile and pretty well set up.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

micro nation thank you very much. It isn't over yet ya know. I'll have the casting actually happen in fff and after the time skip The civillians would have been there for awhile and pretty well set up.
    You don't have to follow the D&D rules, you know. You could always say the most powerful wizards of the country rally and hence forth the spell is much quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post
    Called Fat Fish Fury II: Future Imperfect, it would be the sequel to FFF I, much like a film or a book. It's primarily to remove all the thick, complicated bits of Fat Fish Fury and start with the UNA as the Big Bad Evil Guys (or should I say Big Bad Good-Intentioned Guys ?).
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-19 at 09:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wait, I forget, why is Ins considered evil?

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I know I've taken this title from Star Trek, but I didn't have any other ideas and Future Imperfect sounds neat. Do you have any other suggestions ?
    I was going to suggest this, since it's a Latin case that refers to events in the future which haven't 'finished'. Something like [subject] will be [verb]ing [object].
    I also suggested Pluperfect Plot (3P, as it were) as a title for Plot 3, given it refers to events that happened before everything else.

This is something I might maybe think about participating in. Maybe. It'll be a new character, though. Probably.
    FAKE EDIT: I might use Rixy and Nancy, though. They're fairly suited to this sort of thing. I was considering making a backstory titled "A Tale of Sorrow and Science", but realised I had nothing to write about.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Mad Mask@ Wow. You've really become a major figure in ABR, and your character isn't even very powerful or even central!
    It's because he writes things, I'd say.
    You can have multiple characters. I even encourage it ! If you want, you can even have three, as long as the third is expendable.
    The problem is, I have another three character concepts...but they really wouldn't work in this plot. They're all high fantasy and/or silly in a serious way. That'd make sense if I explained it better.

Oh, hey. A vote. Nay for me. FI is good and all, but if we abandon 3F there's no place for the quirky high fantasy epic we all know and love.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Insecesacinsectel is a robot mind inside a corpse. That's a pretty big argument right there.

11. - Top - End - #101

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Lyinginbedmon View Post

I'm not opposed to Future Imperfect starting and being run, I'm mostly opposed to FFF being shut down as a result of it. I would prefer both were run rather than just FI.
    The compromise is that the Future Imperfect storyline is folded into FFF. We draw the Talisman storyline to a close, and begin focusing on the Sovice rule. We can start a new archive, labeled Fat Fish Fury II: Future Imperfect. (I will continue maintaining it.) The time skip may be shortened or elminated, and there may be a few comics taking place in the intermediary period.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

12. - Top - End - #102

You don't have to follow the D&D rules, you know. You could always say the most powerful wizards of the country rally and hence forth the spell is much quicker.

Thats what my men from the army are doing. Doomer is gonna be called back to participate in the spell for around....I dunno since we have the strongest of the wizards I'd say the spell would take around 6 hours and the growth starts out bigger and advances faster. Then He returns with the rest of his men to work on the defense of the senate.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shades of gray View Post
    Do not listen to these terrorists, citizen. Mr Ins, the Administrator of Avbaroy, is completely and entirely well-intentioned. He was the one that saved us from the Neo-Moon Elf Empire, restored Lockutas' original climate, rebuilt Blauport, Salmonville and countless other cities, tamed Regen and the Underdark. It is thanks to him that we have such high standards of life !

Quote Originally Posted by Mechafox View Post
    The compromise is that the Future Imperfect storyline is folded into FFF. We draw the Talisman storyline to a close, and begin focusing on the Sovice rule. We can start a new archive, labeled Fat Fish Fury II: Future Imperfect. (I will continue maintaining it.) The time skip may be shortened or elminated, and there may be a few comics taking place in the intermediary period.
    I don't think it is necessary to remove or shorten the time skip. It's a good dramatic device and it makes things more serious. It also gives a more "aged" appearance to the characters and I like it.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-19 at 09:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Banned

The Sovice history was kind of long and confusing, but I believe that there were some/one corrupt ones/one who created more of their number. Now there are no longer any 'good' ones, though none were really 'good' more 'neutral'.
    And, man this is a hard choice. But I'm afraid that I have to vote for ending the beloved FFF I.
    I'm just glad I got to play a part in it, the first nameless chapter in the tale of FFF. Even though nobody could actually seem to remember who I was.
    First, though, we need to wrap up all the subplots. Namely, the Moon Elf Empire (almost done anyways), this whole thing with Lying's daughter, and the Ven thing can probably resolve itself easily.
    But, let's give it another day before we decide. Lots of people haven't voted yet, like Keveak and Omicron.
    Also, love the comic d4. It's awesome. I'll do a reply soon.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Do not listen to these terrorists, citizen.
    Definitely evil then. Any government that calls citizens "citizen" is up to no good.
    Which I reckon is because it creates a society where government officials are ranked superior to others. Nothing wrong with that, but don't make it too obvious.

16. - Top - End - #106

I don't think it is necessary to remove or shorten the time skip. It's a good dramatic device and it makes things more serious. It also gives a more "aged" appearance to the characters and I like it.
    I do too. I want to keep the time skip.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

That sounds like plusungood crimethink to me. I recommend you listen to Mad Mask to restore goodthink.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2008-12-19 at 09:59 PM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Definitely evil then. Any government that calls citizens "citizen" is up to no good.
    Or a campily patriotic hero.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Chocobo View Post
    That sounds like plusungood crimethink to me. I recommend you listen to Mad Mask to restore goodthink.
    It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.

Trouble is, it's happening. Look around the internet, all over will you find newl33tspeak.
    Last edited by Keris; 2008-12-19 at 10:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Which I reckon is because it creates a society where government officials are ranked superior to others. Nothing wrong with that, but don't make it too obvious.
    Brings to mind the Combine from Half-life.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    Brings to mind the Combine from Half-life.
    But unlike the Combine, the UNA is actually lead by good-intentioned people. It's just the Sovice that are considered... less ethical.

22. - Top - End - #112

I think the change is doubleplusgood, but the removal of normal FFF is ungood. I'd say give it about 6 months to make some predictable plot twists so it can wrap up in finality.

Personally, I think Threeshades should get the keys, enslave the dragons and attack with them. The good guys manage to find a way to break the talisman and end the line of moon elves so this may never happen again.

Once it's all wrapped up, we can move onto the next BBEO (UNA)
    The artist formerly known as Tired N' Drowzy, master of puns.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

The Combine has good intentions. Good for the Combine as a whole at least. I mean, it's not like we needed all those seas. They were just sitting there!

24. - Top - End - #114

Imp

Oh, I agree that the change shouldn't be sudden. But I think it's something we should begin working toward.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tired N' Drowzy View Post
    I think the change is doubleplusgood, but the removal of normal FFF is ungood. I'd say give it about 6 months to make some predictable plot twists so it can wrap up in finality.

Personally, I think Threeshades should get the keys, enslave the dragons and attack with them. The good guys manage to find a way to break the talisman and end the line of moon elves so this may never happen again.

Once it's all wrapped up, we can move onto the next BBEO (UNA)
    6 months is too long. And Threeshades does not want the keys; the Good Guys want them to kill her. But given that she is dead now... well... you know... It shouldn't take long to finish the storyline.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-19 at 10:19 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Well, Then we might want to at least explain why she killed herself...

Perhaps we can have someone spying on her give some backshadowing (this is the correct term, isn't it? For the opposite of foreshadowing?) on the scenario. Maybe she was driven insane; maybe she was possessed. Maybe her conscious started acting up.

In any case, I think the good guys still need to reclaim the Vendetta and fight off most of the guards.

The drow are still everywhere, and TnD has yet to see some action. Perhaps a big, final, epic battle with all good guys and bad guys is necessary.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

But unlike the Combine, the UNA is actually lead by good-intentioned people. It's just the Sovice that are considered... less ethical.
    Character Ideas for IF, I may make pictures of them later.

Agent Rex Lator, A dashing, charismatic, skilled, and entierly fictional agent for the UNoA dept of intelligence. In his cheesy weekly TV show he thwarts the vile schemes of "The Renegades", a group consisting of villainized versions of Resistance leaders. His incrediably popular show (And two full-length motion pictures) is full of sex and violence, most of which is commited against either Dettas, or faceless minions working for the Renegades, and usually carries the message of "Peace through Unity".

Commander Schalt: A Former officer in the Schitzotech Scarlet Legions, Commander Schalt is a cyborg who lends his skill and combat experience to the Resistance. He is somthing of a spokesperson and leader for the Schitzians in the Resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Character Ideas for IF, I may make pictures of them later.

Agent Rex Lator, A dashing, charismatic, skilled, and entierly fictional agent for the UNoA dept of intelligence. In his cheesy weekly TV show he thwarts the vile schemes of "The Renegades", a group consisting of villainized versions of Resistance leaders. His incrediably popular show (And two full-length motion pictures) is full of sex and violence, most of which is commited against either Dettas, or faceless minions working for the Renegades, and usually carries the message of "Peace through Unity".
    I'm going to make a comic about that TV show tomorrow.

Off to bed.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

6 months is too long. And Threeshades does not want the keys; the Good Guys want them to kill her. But given that she is dead now... well... you know... It shouldn't take long to finish the storyline.
    I thought she did want them? She's after the Dragon Talisman, so needed the keys to open the gate, and Leroy to get into the room that the gate was in.

30. - Top - End - #120

If we do do this, we've got to make one rule.

No subplots.

Your characters can be doing different things or aiming for different goals, as long as they all have to do with the war between the resistance and the UNA.

As long as character's don't decide to go do something totally unrelated, we're good. Everyone must be either a member of the resistance, a supporter of the UNA, or someone indebted to either of them feeling it is their duty to repay them. Other ideas will work, as long as they are along these lines.

If you don't like the way the plot's going, make another plot to house your subplot. It will make reading the archive less confusing and more fun.