New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

icastflare, I promised I'll read Rogues Love, yes? Now onto that...

Hm.
    Oh my.
    I think I can see where this is going. Please continue to write, this is going to be funny. Very, very funny. If you manage to make the last ounces of my sanity cry in agony at the embarassing scenes, i'd be thankful because I'd like it to shut up once in a while and calmly let me read everything in this thread. In terms of style, it's all practice. The more you write (please do), the better you get.
    The perspective strikes me as a bit confusing, but I can't grasp it. Maybe it's just me being unfamiliar with a Third-Person-Narrator that looks through one character's eyes.

On the grammatical part of the story, I have some tips for you:
    - Put every direct speech into a new line lest it's spoken by the same person.
    - Watch out for repetitions in words - alliterations are good for madness mantras, but don't read nice if something is told neutrally. At some points, it might be better to do a listing in a single sentence.
    - Run your story through Microsoft Word or OpenOffice Writer for grammar typos such as commas or post it to a fellow cracker here in the forums to proofread it. I'd happily do that, btw :)
    - Numbers below 13 are less irritating to read when they're written out.
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VII - Bring Bottled Water, Our Water is Spiked With Love Potion

Quote Originally Posted by Water-Smurf View Post
    Hey, how do you guys think Soon Kim would react if he turned up in the Snarl'd world to find that his wife didn't remember him, he had a kid, and she had shacked up with some goblin and now had a brood of children that weren't Soon's? How do you think the rest of the Order of the Scribble would react?
    Soon's main reaction would be disgust, I think. Disgust that the woman he loved had been mating with a Goblin of all things, disgust at what she'd turned into. He'd believe she'd gone mad, had been brainwashed and used for breeding stock like an animal. He'd probably have doubts that she was even the same person and not some shape-shifter out to trick him.

And once he realized that - apart from not knowing who he was - she was still the same person, he'd suffer horribly, still loving her but knowing the affecion was no longer returned. Seeing what had happened to her. He'd want to help her, both because he would still love her and because it's the right thing to do, but it would be so, so hard.

Oh, and Yutrin better have a good excuse to be there unless he wants to be on the wrong side of a Smite Evil.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-09 at 01:17 PM.
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

(Ships)
    (Shot)
    (Heals self)

Poor Soon... why, is someone writing that?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    (Ships)
    (Shot)
    (Heals self)

Water-Smurf has a twisted mind. That's why we love her.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Have you read "Pawns of the Gods"?
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-09 at 01:09 PM.
    DeviantArt

6. - Top - End - #306
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    I had to look up wibble... not part of the standard english curriculum.
    I had a similar reaction when a friend of mine used it in a message she sent. But I liked the word. :>

*strokes Water-Smurf's hair and mumbles sweet inanities.*
    *purrs softly and as cat-like as possible*

Will we get more Tiasal stories from you?
    As in more chapters or more one-shots? Because that's a probably yes to both.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Soon's main reaction would be disgust, I think. Disgust that the woman he loved had been mating with a Goblin of all things, disgust at what she'd turn into. He'd believe she'd gone mad, had been brainwashed and used for breeding stock like an animal.
    Well, she has, basically. Only minus the brainwashing. The gods are essentially using her as a walking, talking uterus. Yutrin would never treat her that way, but unless he or Mijung wants her to be raped by some wayward priest, fairy, or god, he by default needs to help this process along.

Do you think that Soon Kim would be able to not kill Yutrin? I'm sure that he wouldn't touch any children he had already had with Mijung--I mean, they're still Mijung's children, even if Soon thinks their origins are dubious--but Yutrin's still green and therefore labeled 'cannon fodder' in Soon's eyes.

And what about the child that belongs to Soon? It'd be kind of easy to pick out the one pure-human along with the half-breeds.

He'd probably have doubts that she was even the same person and not some shape-shifter out to trick him.
    Now I want to include a succubus in there somewhere. And that makes me want to include Medusa. I'm not sure how those get mixed up in my mind.

And once he realized that - apart from not knowing who he was - she was still the same person, he'd suffer horribly, still loving her but knowing the affecion was no longer returned. Seeing what had happened to her. He'd want to help her, both because he would still love her and because it's the right thing to do, but it would be so, so hard.
    Well, how would he help her? I'm assuming that it wouldn't occur to him to let it be, so he'd try to find out why she was this way in the first place. What happens if he finds out about Aphrodite's curse?

Water-Smurf has a twisted mind. That's why we love her.
    I'm not that twisted. I'll eat your souls!

Oh, and Yutrin better have a good excuse to be there unless he wants to be on the wrong side of a Smite Evil.
    I think that one of the children would flip out and try to get between Soon and Yutrin if the sword came out, and if Mijung was there, she'd probably do the same. But they don't have much to worry about. Unless something happens between now and then, death does not exist as we understand it. (Although getting a sword stuck through you would still be really painful and debilitating. Permanently so, if no magical healing is involved. On second thought, it's best if Soon's katana stays in the scabbard. )
    Last edited by Water-Smurf; 2010-02-09 at 01:30 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

The April Squickies Award for Best Crack Pairing Story

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, and THAT is why i'm shipping you with her. MWAHAHAHAHAHA (Shot)

No, what is it?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

8. - Top - End - #308

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I still don't know how they both managed to fit in that one chair.
    Where there's a will there's a way. You'll discover it soon enough.
    *ding* *science* Well, either they were both really skinny, or it was a very big chair. (or both)

I*purrs softly and as cat-like as possible*

I'm not that twisted. I'll eat your souls!

Sorry Water-Smurf, I have to disagree. Your latest clerical health evaluation shows you have a very twisted imagination. And you even agreed with this.
    Your local Cleric.

Cleric of the Murphy's Law Thread
    (yes, that is possible)

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

9. - Top - End - #309
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow so much to read. *Starts hugging people whilest trying to read up*
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Look on the bright side-only one month to S&BJ day. And heck, SAD is always a sign that cross-dressing week is around the corner.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sstoopidtallkid View Post
    Look on the bright side-only one month to S&BJ day. And heck, SAD is always a sign that cross-dressing week is around the corner.
    What is S&BJ day? I don't think BJ means what my twisted mind wants to make it...

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

hey...how i put Spoiler tags?is it the "Code" one?
    stupid question but i really don't know and gonna try to make a story

edit(with the story,thx Eztheria)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kidnapped Tsukiko x Jirix

Slowly,she awake.The first thing that came to mind was that she was not in her bed... with the eyes moving quickly,she sees a hobgoblin...he used to walk with Readcloak...dark blue cape,died once...Jirix!He was holding her Xykon doll,he looked curious.She tried to shout but noticed her mouth was covered by some cloth...but a sound was made,loud enogh for Jirix,turn and look at her
    "So...you're awake.Good.I got some questions...you don't seem to like too much our Supreme Leader...why I ask?He has been good to all of us!"
    Another time,she tried to say something.No distinguishable words,only moans
    "Oh,yes you can't talk...that won't make a difference...the awnser would not change what is about to happen aniway.Someone who dislikes our Supreme Leader is unaccepetable around here.So,you ARE going to like him...wanting our not"
    At the same time he started to untie her and she was already planning that little bastard's punishment some weird smell entered the room,and everything blurred a little,she got dizzy and felt...something.She did not remenbered that feeling...and then happines came,Jirix started to whisper something in her ears,she could not understand what he said he was going to do with her,but it couldn't be bad...could it?
    Hours later,she was back in her bed.The memories of what happened was blurred,a bit of a head ache appeared aswell.Deciding to walk around she came across Readcloak.He asked her some favor...without thinking twice,she said..."Yes,Supreme Leader" and walked away,with sleepy eyes and a small smile in the face...

pretty long...
    Last edited by DukeGod; 2010-02-09 at 02:16 PM.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    hey...how i put Spoiler tags?is it the "Code" one?
    stupid question but i really don't know and gonna try to make a story
    [ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] only without the spaces in the brackets :)
    Trying to return to some communities from where I've vanished in the last few years. Trying to become more active in general. Social connections are like drugs xD"
    So, I'm in college now! In a city at the other end of the country, five hours by train.
    I can't choose between my Internet Nicknames. Have about 4 of them atm.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

As in more chapters or more one-shots? Because that's a probably yes to both.
    *Goes into one of the soundproof rooms*
    *squees loudly*
    *re-emerges*

Only minus the brainwashing.
    Although it's going to look that way if she no longer remembers him.

Yutrin would never treat her that way, but unless he or Mijung wants her to be raped by some wayward priest, fairy, or god, he by default needs to help this process along.
    Awkward. I wonder which one of them would bring this up first? Or are they going to get another visit from one of the gods advising them that it's the best thing to do?

Do you think that Soon Kim would be able to not kill Yutrin?
    Yutrin's going to be in immediate danger if Soon charges in there at full strength and righteous fury. Would Yutrin know who Soon is? He'd want to stay awy from the human, especially if he recognised him as a paladin, but I think Mijung would be keen to try and get his help. Mijung would probably convince Yutrin that they should go and talk to him, and there's no way Yutrin would let her near a potentially dangerous human on her own.

I'm sure that he wouldn't touch any children he had already had with Mijung--I mean, they're still Mijung's children, even if Soon thinks their origins are dubious--but Yutrin's still green and therefore labeled 'cannon fodder' in Soon's eyes.
    Best case scenario, Soon arrives and is just as ill as they were to start with, allowing Yutrin to prove some worth to Soon by nursing him back to health. And explaining the situation while Soon is incapable of hacking Yutrin's head off.

Soon's not going to start treating Yutrin equally, but maybe he'd at least think twice about killing him.

And what about the child that belongs to Soon? It'd be kind of easy to pick out the one pure-human along with the half-breeds.
    If Mijung refused to leave Yutrin, I could see Soon taking his own son and leaving them.

Now I want to include a succubus in there somewhere. And that makes me want to include Medusa. I'm not sure how those get mixed up in my mind.
    Do it! Doooo iiiiiit!

Well, how would he help her? I'm assuming that it wouldn't occur to him to let it be, so he'd try to find out why she was this way in the first place.
    I suspect 'helping her' would start with keeping her away from bad influences (i.e. Yutrin), and trying to re-educate her that fraternizing with the enemy (i.e. Yutrin) is bad.

What happens if he finds out about Aphrodite's curse?
    I doubt he'd believe it unless Aphrodite herself told him. And then he'd try to do something stupid, like argue with her.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-09 at 02:00 PM.
    DeviantArt

15. - Top - End - #315

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Sorry Water-Smurf, I have to disagree. Your latest clerical health evaluation shows you have a very twisted imagination. And you even agreed with this.
    Aw, you don't think anyone else could have thought up a little girl going down a spiral of madness culminating in the rape of her father, pregnancy by him, and the willingness to become the concubine of a undead conqueror while holding the world in the palm of her hand?

Although it's going to look that way if she no longer remembers him.
    How would he/the rest of the Scribble understand that Yutrin never tried to manipulate her? Really, if they're not too biased (and I wouldn't blame Soon if he was), then it wouldn't take long to figure out that Yutrin's totally harmless.

Awkward. I wonder which one of them would bring this up first? Or are they going to get another visit from one of the gods advising them that it's the best thing to do?
    You'll have to wait until it comes up in the story.

Best case scenario, Soon arrives and is just as ill as they were to start with, allowing Yutrin to prove some worth to Soon by nursing him back to health. And explaining the situation while Soon is incapable of hacking Yutrin's head off.
    Assuming that Lirian, Dorukan, Girard, and Serini are there too (it makes sense in my head), do you think they would be good at keeping Soon restrained or encouraging him to kill Yutrin? Lirian and Serini seem like the types who avoid conflict, but from what we've seen of them, it doesn't look like they have any issues at all with killing goblins, especially if you have a reason to. Girard seems like he'd have a 'Dude, not cool!' react, cranked up to a hundred. It's okay if he is angry at Soon and fights with him, but it's not okay for someone else to brainwash and shack up with Soon's wife, the woman he pined after his entire life after he thought she was unmade. I could see him being willing to help Soon in eviscerating Yutrin, had they been at full strength. (I see Dorukan having an 'Awwwwwwwkwaaaaaarrrd...' reaction and trying to distance himself from it.)

But if Yutrin nursed them back to health, I don't think any of them (except maybe Girard), Soon included, would feel comfortable just ignoring that and killing him where he stood. You don't just murder someone right after they do you a serious favor despite common sense.

Soon's not going to start treating Yutrin equally, but maybe he'd at least think twice about killing him.
    And that's really all Yutrin would need at that point. It's not like Soon has power in this world--as long as he isn't trying to kill anyone, Yutrin has a slight upper hand, just from his limited knowledge of the world and from Mijung's favor.

If Mijung refused to leave Yutrin, I could see Soon taking his own son and leaving them.
    I don't think that Mijung, Yutrin, or the children/child would appreciate that too much. Yutrin would have been the only father the kid would have known, would be an integrated part of the family despite the obvious fact it has a different father from anyone else, and Soon would be a stranger.

I suspect 'helping her' would start with keeping her away from bad influences (i.e. Yutrin), and trying to re-educate her that fraternizing with the enemy (i.e. Yutrin) is bad.
    And I see Mijung being rather pissed off that this random guy claiming to be her husband just took her away from her children and lover/husband and now was telling her that said lover/husband is evil and she shouldn't be with him. And the gods would be angry if Soon was interfering in their nice little breeding operation in any way. ("If you take her away from her mate, then knock her up next time she needs it!")

I doubt he'd believe it unless Aphrodite herself told him. And then he'd try to do something stupid, like argue with her.
    Aphrodite would delight in gloating over it, and/or Hestia would have the sympathy to point out the little tidbit. What could Soon do? I mean, there's not much he can do to make a god lift the curse from his wife.

Spoiler
    Show

Thank you so much to Kaytara for the avatar! It's of Redcloak's and Vaarsuvius's love child.

16. - Top - End - #316

Hey, how do you guys think Soon Kim would react if he turned up in the Snarl'd world to find that his wife didn't remember him, he had a kid, and she had shacked up with some goblin and now had a brood of children that weren't Soon's?

unlucky goblin
    IA Awards
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome SpyFox Doll by Recaiden
    Epic Avvie by Domochevsky
    Everything Else by Me

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

And continuing my lyrics spree, here's my take on the Master (and the solution to the problem, incidentally):

Spoiler
    Show
    Dum, dum, dum, honey what have you done
    Dum, dum, dum, it's the sound of my gun
    Dum, dum, dum, it's the sound, it's the sound...
    Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah....

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Her whole world's come undone
    From looking straight at the sun
    What did her daddy do?
    What did he put you through?

They say when Janie was arrested
    They found him underneath a train
    But man, he had it comin'
    Now that Janie's got a gun
    She ain't never gonna be the same

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Her dog day's just begun
    Now everybody is on the run
    Tell her now it's untrue
    What did her daddy do?

He jacked the little bitty baby
    The man has got to be insane
    They say the spell that he was under
    The lightnin' and the thunder
    Knew that someone had to stop the rain

Run away, run away from the pain
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Run away, run away, run, run away

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Her dog day's just begun
    What did her daddy do
    It's Janie's last I.O.U.

She had to take him down easy
    And put a bullet in his brain
    She said 'cause nobody believes me
    The man was such a sleeze
    He ain't never gonna be the same

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Everybody is on the run

Janie's got a gun
    Her dog day's just begun
    Now everybody's on the run (Honey, honey what's your problem)
    'Cause Janie's got a gun (Tell me it ain't right)
    Janie's got a gun (Was it daddy's cradle robbin')
    Her dog day's just begun (That made you scream at night)
    Now everybody's on the run
    Janie's got a gun

Edit: re Aphrodite's curse - the only one strong enough to help Soon is Zeus. According to the Iliad, he is stronger than all the other gods put together. Of course, even he is not stronger than the Fates, so if this is ordained, Soon's pretty much screwed.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-09 at 02:50 PM.

― Tim Fargo

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ettin in the Playground

What is S&BJ day? I don't think BJ means what my twisted mind wants to make it...
    It does. The 'S' stands for 'steak'. Given that Valentines Day was created by Hallmark to sell cards and make women happy, the internet created S&BJ day to make men happy. March 14th.
    [/sarcasm]
    FAQ is not RAW!
    Avatar by the incredible CrimsonAngel.
    Saph:It's surprising how many problems can be solved by one druid spell combined with enough aggression.
    I play primarily 3.5 D&D. Most of my advice will be based off of this. If my advice doesn't apply, specify a version in your post.

19. - Top - End - #319

*strokes Water-Smurf's hair and mumbles sweet inanities.*
    *purrs softly and as cat-like as possible*
    Might I remind you the member shipping thread is that way.
    It's been a bit, GitP. If you're reading this, you're either digging through old stuff, or I've posted for the first time in forever.

If you want to stay in touch, reach out to me on twitter (same username).

The best answer is always to ask your DM.
    Unless you're the DM, in which case you should talk to your players.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Colossus in the Playground

Guess what I've got tomorrow guys?

NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL! SNOW DAY! YAAAY!!!

And to get into this lyrics thing, a LOT of Pink Floyd songs could describe this whole Tia situation.

Brain Damage (Dark Side of the Moon)
    Note that, despite common belief, the SONG is called Brain Damage. The ALBUM is called Dark Side of the Moon
    Spoiler
    Show
    The lunatic is on the grass
    The lunatic is on the grass
    Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs
    Got to keep the loonies on the path
    The lunatic is in the hall
    The lunatics are in my hall
    The paper holds their folded faces to the floor
    And every day the paper boy brings more
    And if the dam breaks open many years too soon
    And if there is no room upon the hill
    And if your head explodes with dark forbodings too
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon
    The lunatic is in my head
    The lunatic is in my head
    You raise the blade, you make the change
    You re-arrange me 'till I'm sane
    You lock the door
    And throw away the key
    There's someone in my head but it's not me.
    And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
    You shout and no one seems to hear
    And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
    I'll see you on the dark side of the moon

The Thin Ice (The Wall)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Momma loves her baby
    And daddy loves you too.
    And the sea may look warm to you babe
    And the sky may look blue
    But ooooh Baby
    Ooooh baby blue
    Oooooh babe.

If you should go skating
    On the thin ice of modern life
    Dragging behind you the silent reproach
    Of a million tear-stained eyes
    Don't be surprised when a crack in the ice
    Appears under your feet.
    You slip out of your depth and out of your mind
    With your fear flowing out behind you
    As you claw the thin ice.

Another Brick In The Wall Part 1 (The Wall)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Daddy's flown across the ocean
    Leaving just a memory
    Snapshot in the family album
    Daddy what else did you leave for me?
    Daddy, what'd'ja leave behind for me?!?
    All in all it was just a brick in the wall.
    All in all it was all just bricks in the wall.

Another Brick In The Wall Part 3 (The Wall)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't need no arms around me
    And I dont need no drugs to calm me.
    I have seen the writing on the wall.
    Don't think I need anything at all.
    No! Don't think I'll need anything at all.
    All in all it was all just bricks in the wall.
    All in all you were all just bricks in the wall.

Comfortably Numb (The Wall)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello?
    Is there anybody in there?
    Just nod if you can hear me.
    Is there anyone at home?
    Come on, now,
    I hear you're feeling down.
    Well I can ease your pain
    Get you on your feet again.
    Relax.
    I'll need some information first.
    Just the basic facts.
    Can you show me where it hurts?

There is no pain you are receding
    A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
    You are only coming through in waves.
    Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
    When I was a child I had a fever
    My hands felt just like two balloons.
    Now I've got that feeling once again
    I can't explain you would not understand
    This is not how I am.
    I have become comfortably numb.

O.K.
    Just a little pinprick.
    There'll be no more aaaaaaaaah!
    But you may feel a little sick.
    Can you stand up?
    I do believe it's working, good.
    That'll keep you going through the show
    Come on it's time to go.

There is no pain you are receding
    A distant ship, smoke on the horizon.
    You are only coming through in waves.
    Your lips move but I can't hear what you're saying.
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

Stop (The Wall)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Stop!
    I wanna go home
    Take off this uniform
    And leave the show.
    But I'm waiting in this cell
    Because I have to know.
    Have I been guilty all this time?

Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here)
    Spoiler
    Show
    So, so you think you can tell
    Heaven from Hell,
    Blue skys from pain.
    Can you tell a green field
    From a cold steel rail?
    A smile from a veil?
    Do you think you can tell?

And did they get you to trade
    Your heros for ghosts?
    Hot ashes for trees?
    Hot air for a cool breeze?
    Cold comfort for change?
    And did you exchange
    A walk on part in the war
    For a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
    We're just two lost souls
    Swimming in a fish bowl,
    Year after year,
    Running over the same old ground.
    What have we found?
    The same old fears.
    Wish you were here.

Pigs on the Wing Part 2 (Animals)
    What Redcloak wants to say to Tia, and for her to understand
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that I care what happens to you,
    And I know that you care for me.
    So I don't feel alone,
    Or the weight of the stone,
    Now that I've found somewhere safe
    To bury my bone.
    And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
    A shelter from pigs on the wing.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

Aw, you don't think anyone else could have thought up a little girl going down a spiral of madness culminating in the rape of her father, pregnancy by him, and the willingness to become the concubine of a undead conqueror while holding the world in the palm of her hand?
    Are you planning on writing more of the 'losing someone' plotline? Because I don't remember those last two things actually being confirmed...

How would he/the rest of the Scribble understand that Yutrin never tried to manipulate her? Really, if they're not too biased (and I wouldn't blame Soon if he was), then it wouldn't take long to figure out that Yutrin's totally harmless.
    I don't think it would take much. The rest of the Scribble seem a lot less stuck up, and from what I gather Yutrin is fairly unthreatening. If it was obvious he and Mijung were sticking up for each other, they wouldn't attack.

But they'd be terribly confused once they found out who Mijung was.

You'll have to wait until it comes up in the story.
    Curses!

but from what we've seen of them, it doesn't look like they have any issues at all with killing goblins, especially if you have a reason to.
    Yeah, they are adventurers. But they also have a reason to keep him alive in this case; there's only one goblin so he's not really a threat, and he might be able to give them information about where they are. And that's without Mijung being there to vouch for him.

but it's not okay for someone else to brainwash and shack up with Soon's wife
    This situation seems vaguely familiar...

I don't think that Mijung, Yutrin, or the children/child would appreciate that too much. Yutrin would have been the only father the kid would have known, would be an integrated part of the family despite the obvious fact it has a different father from anyone else, and Soon would be a stranger.
    And it would be a tremendously foolish thing to go striding off into the wilderness like that, especially if Soon didn't fully appreciate the danger. The kid would leave and run back to Yutrin and Mijung the first oppertunity it got.

And I see Mijung being rather pissed off that this random guy claiming to be her husband just took her away from her children and lover/husband and now was telling her that said lover/husband is evil and she shouldn't be with him.
    Of course. Soon's going to have to learn to be a lot more tolerent.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark Fiddler View Post
    You're the only one who thinks it's that type of love.
    Last edited by Zanaril; 2010-02-09 at 03:26 PM.
    DeviantArt

22. - Top - End - #322
    Titan in the Playground

Guess what I've got tomorrow guys?

NO SCHOOL! NO SCHOOL! SNOW DAY! YAAAY!!!

And to get into this lyrics thing, a LOT of Pink Floyd songs could describe this whole Tia situation.

I thought you liked school? Although I suppose recent events may have changed your disposition.

Comfortably numb is one of my favorite songs. How about the Stones' "19th nervous breakdown"?
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-09 at 03:09 PM.

― Tim Fargo

23. - Top - End - #323

I thought you liked school? Although I suppose recent events may have changed your disposition.

Comfortably numb is one of my favorite songs. How about the Stones' "19th nervous breakdown"?
    Who DOESN'T like a snow day?

Comfortably Numb is one of my favorites, but I prefer Time and Wish You Were Here from Pink Floyd.

Is that supposed to be a jab at me?

24. - Top - End - #324
    Titan in the Playground

Who DOESN'T like a snow day?

Is that supposed to be a jab at me?
    No, I was thinking of Tiasal. Although I've never heard of Redcloak 'perfecting ways of making ceiling wax.' But perhaps that's his secret hobby, which the Giant has never gotten around to mentioning.
    Last edited by Asta Kask; 2010-02-09 at 03:19 PM.

― Tim Fargo

25. - Top - End - #325
    Banned

Good for you Coffee.

Personally i be home from school on friday simply because none of the teachers will be able to show up then for various reasons.
    Last edited by Closak; 2010-02-09 at 03:23 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

No, I was thinking of Tiasal. Although I've never heard of Redcloak 'perfecting ways of making ceiling wax.' But perhaps that's his secret hobby, which the Giant has never gotten around to mentioning.
    Oh, sorry. Heh...

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by licoot View Post
    unlucky goblin
    Poor Yutrin. :<

And continuing my lyrics spree, here's my take on the Master (and the solution to the problem, incidentally):

Spoiler
    Show
    Dum, dum, dum, it's the sound of my gun
    Dum, dum, dum, it's the sound, it's the sound...
    Nah, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah....

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Her whole world's come undone
    From looking straight at the sun
    What did her daddy do?
    What did he put you through?

They say when Janie was arrested
    They found him underneath a train
    But man, he had it comin'
    Now that Janie's got a gun
    She ain't never gonna be the same

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Her dog day's just begun
    Tell her now it's untrue
    What did her daddy do?

He jacked the little bitty baby
    The man has got to be insane
    They say the spell that he was under
    The lightnin' and the thunder
    Knew that someone had to stop the rain

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Her dog day's just begun
    What did her daddy do
    It's Janie's last I.O.U.

She had to take him down easy
    And put a bullet in his brain
    She said 'cause nobody believes me
    The man was such a sleeze
    He ain't never gonna be the same

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Janie's got a gun
    Everybody is on the run

Janie's got a gun
    Her dog day's just begun
    Now everybody's on the run (Honey, honey what's your problem)
    'Cause Janie's got a gun (Tell me it ain't right)
    Janie's got a gun (Was it daddy's cradle robbin')
    Her dog day's just begun (That made you scream at night)
    Now everybody's on the run
    Janie's got a gun
    I really need to archive this stuff. I think I shall! :D

Edit: re Aphrodite's curse - the only one strong enough to help Soon is Zeus. According to the Iliad, he is stronger than all the other gods put together. Of course, even he is not stronger than the Fates, so if this is ordained, Soon's pretty much screwed.
    In the mythology of this story, there are levels of gods (like Aphrodite's stronger than Fauna, but Poseidon is stronger than Aphrodite), though you can't really mess around with other people's territory, even if you're more powerful (so Poseidon may be stronger than Aphrodite, but he can't cast a love spell). Basically, Soon would need to go to a stronger god/goddess and convince them to force Aphrodite to at the very least provide a loophole to her curse.

Or he could just open Mijung's locket.

Join us. You know you want to.

[insert lyrics here]
    Archived! :D

Are you planning on writing more of the 'losing someone' plotline? Because I don't remember those last two things actually being confirmed...
    I'm thinking about it, but the pregnancy and concubine thing are canon in the current story. I guess that I just didn't make the foreshadowing/implications obvious enough.

I don't think it would take much. The rest of the Scribble seem a lot less stuck up, and from what I gather Yutrin is fairly unthreatening. If it was obvious they were sticking up for each other, they wouldn't attack.

But they'd be terribly confused once they found out who Mijung was.
    God knows that they should be. I mean, after knowing so much about her and how Soon likely only rarely spoke of the mysterious wife he lost to the Snarl... meeting her would probably be a little surprising.

Yeah, they are adventurers. But they also have a reason to keep him alive in this case; there's only one goblin so he's not really a threat, and he might be able to give them information about where they are. And that's without Mijung being there to vouch for him.
    With any luck, they'd be civil. They dehumanize goblins so much that it's hard to remember that they have feelings too and they'd appreciate a little politeness when being asked for favors and information.

This situation seems vaguely familiar...
    How so? I don't get it.

And it would be a tremendously foolish thing to go striding off into the wilderness like that, especially if Soon didn't fully appreciate the danger. The kid would leave and run back to Yutrin and Mijung the first oppertunity it got.
    After the child, of course, exasperatedly pointed out how Soon was being stupid by gallivanting off in a world where he had no idea how stuff worked just because he didn't want to be around his alleged wife and her lover. And it was similarly stupid to kidnap a child and take him or her away from her or his family and expect to be able to build some sort of connection barring Stockholm Syndrome. And that the gods would be pissed if he took away one of their vassals.

(Huh. That kid's shaping up to be a very dead-pan and mouthy character.)

Of course. Soon's going to have to learn to be a lot more tolerent.
    Or at least he's going to have to learn that dealing with this situation is going to require more than just trying to force things back as they were.

You're the only one who thinks it's that type of love.
    We are just a purring mass of platonic love. And you know you want to join us.

Lyric Archive:

Spoiler
    Show
    Xykon/Vaarsuvius: Nativity in Black by Black Sabbath

Xykon/Tiasal/Deirdre: Nothing's Free by Alice Cooper

Deirdre/Tiasal: Welcome to my Nightmare by Alice Cooper

Tiasal/Deirdre: Diary of a Madman by Ozzy Osbourne

Master and his (hopefully) ultimate end: Janie's Got a Gun by Aerosmith

Tiasal Situation: Brain Damage (Dark Side of the Moon)
    The Thin Ice (The Wall)
    Another Brick In The Wall Part 1 (The Wall)
    Another Brick In The Wall Part 3 (The Wall)
    Comfortably Numb (The Wall)
    Stop (The Wall)
    Wish You Were Here (Wish You Were Here)

Redcloak's Feelings for Tiasal: Pigs on the Wing Part 2 (Animals)
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that I care what happens to you,
    And I know that you care for me.
    So I don't feel alone,
    Or the weight of the stone,
    Now that I've found somewhere safe
    To bury my bone.
    And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
    A shelter from pigs on the wing.

Yeah, the archive isn't very polished yet, but I need to figure out the formatting a little more...

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

*sits on dark throne covered with skulls, with Zanaril and Water-Smurf at his feet. occasionally runs a hand through their hair.*

*hoarse whisper*

"Join us."

― Tim Fargo

29. - Top - End - #329
    Banned

*Joins*

So what special benefits comes with the membership? *Smiles so that his teeth become painfully obvious*

What?

30. - Top - End - #330
    Dwarf in the Playground

*sits on dark throne covered with skulls, with Zanaril and Water-Smurf at his feet. occasionally runs a hand through their hair.*

*hoarse whisper*

"Join us."
    Looks at throne like then then 'What ever' *walks up to the throne.* 'I am in.
    Last edited by The Odor; 2010-02-09 at 03:55 PM.
    Evil. Iam diffrent. Have a problem with that...
    My avatars
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks To Dashwood for Spider avatar.
    Thanks To Mr Saturn for Goth Man avatar.