New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1493
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XXIII: gunbladeface.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn_in_Tonic View Post
    Yeah...that Ashe provided some great support.
    He did shoot Sona (who was beside her nexus) from our base, which was pretty sick. And slows do make it even easier for Xerath to blow stuff up...do I smell a new meta?

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Lol. I would agree, but it seems to me that so few people play support on GitP (basically, the only two people I know that will willingly play support are me and Sirro... who is apparently now Astrella. ), so I have few people to really compare myself to.
    And I redirect you to this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Second game with Taric ftw! But I do play a mean Soraka.
    Awesome avatar by starwoof

2. - Top - End - #1442

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    I am never jungling solo queue ever again after that horrible disgrace of a top solo udyr.

No, if I am ahead of you in the queue, I get to pick top solo. I don't care. I am a better player. I really don't think very highly of you and I can't be everywhere at once when 2 lanes fail at the same time. And I can't stop you from feeding after you swap and proceed to feed the only lane that wasn't winning. And I can't hard engage against a poke team when I don't have much in the way fo tank items and I can't stop you from letting Lee Sin smite steal baron easily because I am dead.

That's why I top solo. Because I can win top. I can't win 3 lanes.

edit: Also, the enemy team had caitlyn. This makes me annoyed, because she ALWAYS beats me in Solo queue.
    Most posts like this I pass off as venting with no harm done, but... it seems like your attitude of disrespect towards your teammates is probably contributing to your ranked struggles greatly. First of all, Djinn is dead right; your ELO is a rough estimation of skill, not hard fact. It should be apparent that because you can lose 5 games in a row due to 5 troll-feeders in a row that the number is quite variable from day to day, while your skill level may or may not have improved or declined along with it. Don't go into a game assuming you are the best player, you're setting your team up for failure.

Edit: accidentally missed an entire page of conversation, but I think the point still stands.
    Last edited by Darth Mario; 2011-10-18 at 07:26 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Prolly a tad too long. I recall there's a rather strict limit on the number of characters in topic names. That said, I do appreciate Hamlet in LoL so thanks for that, anyways.

That said, I still think the best topic name was the little Sion-quip at yours truly from few pages ago:
    "League of Legends XXIV: Who's your summoner and what does he do"
    Ah, right. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    I refuse to read the next thread unless someone figures out how to make this the title.
    But we need you and it is impossible~

~

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ettin in the Playground

So, I'm gettin' me some Xerath and Jarvan the second I have the IP to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    "FotM"
    What is FotM?
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AThousandWords View Post
    But we need you and it is impossible~

~
    Well, we can always do:
    League of Legends XXIV: ApGb! Iki, Dog, aiois, omea. Irumia tt, an, ha'd imiiti! Mgorati. Of course, that might be a tad obscure and half the users think we're just talking Rapa Nui or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnOkami View Post
    What is FotM?
    Flavor of the Month. A stupid phenomenon of people jumping on any vaguely strong champion and playing the **** outta it leading to basically everyone calling it overpowered, and eventually unnecessary nerfs across the board 'cause Riot listens to its idiots players.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2011-10-18 at 07:39 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

6. - Top - End - #1446

What is FotM?
    Flavor of the Month, I believe.

ninja'd swordsaged Irelia'd?
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-10-18 at 07:38 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Daverin View Post
    It is a global slow; I really don't bother with the damage, because it is still random, and I tend to not get along with RNG, so it seems. That said, it is plentiful utility, but I have as yet to be convinced that it is that obscenely powerful unless very lucky.
    Its still really good. It would be nice if they removed the random damage and made it a flat DoT, because that would be easier to balance.

In other words, GP is great. GP is full of usefulness. GP does a lot just by being there. GP scales well. But not that well, at least not without going squishy instead of tanky dps, which can be dangerous. And none of his skills will actually outright determine the outcome of a fight, just simply grant more power to your allies to help determine it.
    The thing is, GP is a tank, that deals a lot of damage, and has amazing support ability. He's... he's like Irelia: he does everything and benefits from everything (except AP... and that's only sorta).

Oh, and oranges. Just oranges.
    Oranges can't be fixed without a rework. A rework that would probably involve making it a passive CC reduction and an active self-heal.

Most posts like this I pass off as venting with no harm done, but... it seems like your attitude of disrespect towards your teammates is probably contributing to your ranked struggles greatly.
    I would agree, except the following evidence:
    I am a good jungler. I know this. I can jungle well. People have told me this. To follow up on this:
    I am a good GP. I know this because I have an 88% or so winrate with him in ranked solo queue.
    I am also a good nocturne. I know this because I've been told this by other people.
    The last two games I played jungle (GP and Nocturne) all the lanes failed and we lost the game.

The GP game... I did play poorly. I didn't rage that game. I was annoyed, but I didn't rage. I probably made just as many mistakes as the rest of my team. You cannot win every game, so whatever. Surrender at 20 with an embarassingly bad score and move on.

The Nocturne game... it wasn't my fault. I fed the most snowbally member of our team: Kassadin. The two of us (and a Kog'maw who did pretty good) almost won the game. But meanwhile, our Udyr was dumb. I can say that Udyr being dumb and Kog'maw losing his lane (he redeemed himself, but he lost his lane) lost us the game. If Udyr had been passive, we probably would have won that game (or at least, we wouldn't have dealt with a fed sion).

Udyr was top solo. If I had played top solo and had my pick of top solo (let's say they pick sion, I probably would have simply picked Galio since they had double AP), I would have won that lane, I can promise you. Udyr probably wouldn't have done much, but maybe if he had managed to gank middle once or bottom once and get a kill for our team we would have won the game.

Every time I give up solo top because I'm "being nice" we lose. Every time I take top solo, my chance of winning seems to go up. That's really all I'm noticing.

I get incredibly angry not when people fail. I fail sometimes, it happens. I get angry when people fail, refuse to acknowledge they have messed up (for instance, this udyr blamed everything that went wrong in that lane not on him being aggressive early game, but on me making a really minor mistake in comparision. I messed up a level 2 gank in such a way that he died because he was at low hp. It was a high risk/high reward scenario that i was forced into because he was aggressive. If I had been in a better position to gank at a later time with less pressure on me I could have preformed better and the risk would have been less, it was his fault) or worse, when they blame someone else. I also get annoyed when people repeat the same mistake (in this case, being aggressive at the wrong times) and constantly feed their lanemate.

That is what gets me angry. I got mad because udyr fed, but not only that, but because he fed in a preventable way, and not only that, but he refused to say "I am sorry that I fed, I made mistakes and now our entire team must pay the penalty of my mistakes," he said, "nocturne you messed up your gank and stole all my xp because you took creeps."

Aaaand, I think its time that I got back to my theology homework.

8. - Top - End - #1448
    Ettin in the Playground

Flavor of the Month. A stupid phenomenon of people jumping on any vaguely strong champion and playing the **** outta it leading to basically everyone calling it overpowered, and eventually unnecessary nerfs across the board 'cause Riot listens to its idiots players.
    ... And just when I was getting my hopes up...

Quote Originally Posted by ArcanistSupreme View Post
    ninja'd swordsaged Irelia'd?
    I think "Akali'd" would fit best for this.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

9. - Top - End - #1449

He is like Irelia in that regard, true (except I can play him.) Difference being that, I find he brings less damage, and more utility.

And you are right on oranges, and I'd be completely fine with it being scrapped for something more... sensible. Even if I immensely enjoy being able to handle Brand in lane solely because his stun does not give me pause, and my E means I can naturally handle his AoE.

Okay, I'm becoming more convinced, he probably is pretty low risk for what he gets, considering how good his early game in general is. If that is the case, then yes, hitting his E is the best strategy. So, I guess if they don't take it much further, I won't complain about it.
    Awesome avatar by Abscondcrow

Spoiler
    Show
    Former awesome avatar by Zefir.

10. - Top - End - #1450

I think "Akali'd" would fit best for this.
    What about Ninja Rammus'd? That guy is pretty darn fast, and a ninja. Perhaps the fastest ninja of all.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-10-18 at 07:56 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Ettin in the Playground

What about Ninja Rummus'd? That guy is pretty darn fast, and a ninja. Perhaps the fastest ninja of all.
    Ah, but the difference herein is the singular fact that Akali IS a ninja, and no matter what skin she wears, she's always a ninja. So, she has Rammus beat by 6 to 1. Now that I think about it though, saying "Shen'd" or "Kennen'd" would work really well too... ...see what I did there?

12. - Top - End - #1452

Ah, but the difference herein is the singular fact that Akali IS a ninja, and no matter what skin she wears, she's always a ninja. So, she has Rammus beat by 6 to 1. Now that I think about it though, saying "Shen'd" or "Kennen'd" would work really well too... ...see what I did there?
    Yeah, but that one Rammus is faster than all six of those Akalis. I bet he could outrun Shen and Kennen too.

13. - Top - End - #1453

I use "Kinkou'd" since it covers all 3.

No words for this game. I'm still a bit confused:
    Spoiler
    Show

That Yi was level 12 too. No, I don't know how we won.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Rammus is not faster than Shadow Dance
    Last edited by Arbitrarity; 2011-10-18 at 08:06 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, but that one Rammus is faster than all six of those Akalis. I bet he could outrun Shen and Kennen too.
    I dunno, the squirrel is pretty darn fast.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ettin in the Playground

But then that begs the question: what does it mean to be ninja'd? Not only must you be fast, you must also be silent about it. Rammus can more than outshine any League of Legends champion in terms of raw speed, but in the balance of both speed and silence (or rather, invisibility in her case), Akali far outshines Rammus as a ninja.
    Last edited by TechnOkami; 2011-10-18 at 08:15 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1457

Spoiler
    Show

you won with a leaver in Dominion. Wow. I really didn't think it was possible except in statistically impossible situations.

18. - Top - End - #1458

I don't get the reference. Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Without opponents, Rammus is faster. And since, as a ninja, all of your opponents are dead, I say that ninjas are always without opponents.

But then that begs the question: what does it mean to be ninja'd? Not only must you be fast, you must also be silent about it. Rammus can more than outshine any League of Legends champion in terms of raw speed, but in the balance of both speed and silence (or rather, invisibility in her case), Akali far outshines Rammus as a ninja.
    What about Ninja Rammus...in the brush? Oracles will spot Akali in her shroud, but not Rammus in his tall grass.
    Last edited by ArcanistSupreme; 2011-10-18 at 08:25 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Ettin in the Playground

Kinkou is the name of the clan which Akali, Shen, and Kennen are from.

Without opponents, Rammus is faster. And since, as a ninja, all of your opponents are dead, I say that ninjas are always without opponents.
    Which is why I don't support either Ninjas or Pirates in their petty war. VIKINGS FTW

What about Ninja Rammus...in the brush? Oracles will spot Akali in her shroud, but not Rammus in his tall grass.
    Unfortunately for Rammus, 1 of 2 things are already waiting for him there. One of them is Garen. The other is Skarner.

20. - Top - End - #1460

Quote Originally Posted by Istari View Post
    you won with a leaver in Dominion. Wow. I really didn't think it was possible except in statistically impossible situations.
    Yeah. We won. With a DC. On Dominion. With a Level 12 on our team (the Yi). With everyone else pretty much 30 (entire enemy team and 3 of ours). So closer to 3,5v5 No, I don't know how that happened. They easily took Windmill but I walked over Cait in bot and WW was able to BD Drill so suddenly we were 4 points against one and then kept picking them off in the jungle and capturing whichever points only had one defender and kiting like a boss and somehow they just never recovered.

Instead of one ninja or the other, take the whole clan of ninjas!

21. - Top - End - #1461

Skarner is cool and I like the buffs but it's going to make him FotM and he's going to get nerfed into Twitch territory and I'm going to be sad.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

22. - Top - End - #1462

Quote Originally Posted by Maeglin_Dubh View Post
    Skarner is cool and I like the buffs but it's going to make him FotM and he's going to get nerfed into Twitch territory and I'm going to be sad.
    Maybe. Some champs have been alright after their buffs. Shen for instance; people haven't really caught on to him yet.

23. - Top - End - #1463

What about Ninja Rammus'd? That guy is pretty darn fast, and a ninja. Perhaps the fastest ninja of all.
    Akali got the term because she's an infamous kill stealer, especially back when she was only considered good for cleaning up fights.
    Also known as Jarbis

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Ogre in the Playground

except that Q is still going to be worthless if your enemy isn't just standing and slugging it out with you like olaf or tryndamere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Herman View Post
    I just found a dead cat in my quern. I guess someone was trying to make cat bread.
    Props go out to kwarkpudding for the awesome avatar!

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I don't think so. People might complain about his ult, but he isn't going to get tons of flak. The real whine-drawers are champions that, if fed, just own absolutely and in some cases can even shot champs, like Akali, LeBlanc, etc. It isn't fun to play against a 10-0 Akali who has been fed by some idiot, let me assure you. Doesn't have anything to do with OP-ness; Akali isn't OP. She, along with a few other champions, just snowballs insanely well, and that is what draws complaints. But Akali really has to get kills early on in order to be viable late game. If she can't kill really fast, and even sometimes if she is fed, she is so insanely squishy that if the enemy team has good CC and knows how to use it, she will die in seconds and in many cases be useless in teamfights.
    "Even the smallest person can change the course of the future." - Galadriel

Homebrew Creations:
    Dragon-Mounted Mage [3.5e PrC]

Currently DMing:
    Age of Worms:Recruitment (Closed)|IC|OOC

Like D&D and video games? Try League of Legends.

26. - Top - End - #1466

Going to be playing three people tomorrow. Skarner, TF, and maybe Graves.

I play TF AP, usually going straight caster. Suggestions are welcome for Skarner and TF, but mainly Skarner because he's so schizo (buffs aside) and I haven't decided if he's worth jungling yet.

Skarner I still like Tear-Philo-Manamune-Tankyness-Hextech, but the Gunblade nerf might screw that one over.
    -\==/-
    I always ask a big question on the League thread right before bedtime so I have something to read while trying to wake up.
    Responses of any sort are wonderful.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like coming up with concepts for characters, and will do so often. But writing up crunch, especially for anything that isn't level 1, takes me a while, and after wasting lots of time writing unused characters on Mythweavers, I generally don't make a sheet unless a DM really likes the concept. Sorry.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    <snip>

This makes me wish I'd screenshotted my 15/5/20 comeback my first time taking Urgot to Dominion. One point short of leethood but I was Godlike at least once.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    This Rammus is.

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Yay Skarner buffs!

Play a strange IE/Triforce terribad jungle build cause it's fun and it just got better!
    I think I'm the only person ever who loves straight AD Skarner
    (It's a normals build only cause ranked "feels" more important what with ELO showing and all and I don't like sabotaging other people when it "matters".)

Ranked rant: Also cause ranked is frustrating at entry level and I can't bring myself to commit to it enough to find out where I should be and being not great brings the threat of belonging around entry level and never escaping the influx of very bad players.
    "Dinner should be logical" - Jon

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Low-Key View Post
    Ranked rant: Also cause ranked is frustrating at entry level and I can't bring myself to commit to it enough to find out where I should be and being not great brings the threat of belonging around entry level and never escaping the influx of very bad players.
    Find a mid/high (1300-1600) player willing duo with you in Normal Draft mode, ask their honest opinion. That's my suggestion.

30. - Top - End - #1470

The buffs really weren't that much.
    Lowered mana cost? Nice, but considering that he ran out in the middle of early game fights, more necessary than OP.
    Higher ASPD? Really not THAT much of a buff.
    Fracture change? Awesome, but more quality of life than a major buff.
    And the ult buff? Really not that much.
    Also known as Jarbis