New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Thumbs up Alien Invasion II (IC thread)

((seeing as it's the 4th of July here in the US, or at least is was yesterday, and as it so happens our theme is aliens, so it was only fitting to pay homage to the best July 4th movie...Independence Day.))

The town has gathered at the local park for the annual barbecue and firework display. Just as the fireworks are about to start, a green solar powered spec of a car buzzes up and out pops the scientist at the local satellite station with a piece of paper, and runs up to the closest microphone.

Sorry to interrupt the celebration, but I have a very important announcement. I have just received a message from outer space, and...

But before he could continue, three circular objects appear in the sky, and begin speeding towards the park, where they stop on a dime and hover over the crowd.

People of Earth, we are here to destroy your planet. But, before we do, we will be taking some of you as test subjects for our experiements. Prepare for the end.

The very moment the strange voice inside everyone's head is done a bright blue light shoots down from each of the spacecraft, and beams Purple Gelatinous Cube o' Doom and Doilemaster up as long as Farmer Brown's Wife. The three ships begin to zoom off as Farmer Brown gets up out of the lawn chair set in his pickup, takes his shotgun off the gun rack and shoots at the ship carrying his wife. The ship in question then gives a few sputters, and careens back towards the planet, crash landing in Farmer Brown's corn field, and everyone in town rushes out to the field. The crowd gathers in the crater the ship left as it crashed as farmer Brown advances on the craft, reloading his gun. A panel opens in the craft and an ugly looking green and black face with large glass-like eyes pops it's head out at the man that approaches him.

BANG!!!!

Farmer Brown give the alien a glance as it slumps back inside the machine. Welcome to Earth!!!!!

Day Begins and will end sometime on 7/6

List of players
    Spoiler
    Show

Akaziel Area 51:Autolynched day 6
    Alarra
    Andre Fairchilde
    Atreyu the masked llama
    Bassetking Villager: lynched day 4
    Castaras Villlager: Lynched day 10
    Crystall_Myr
    CurlyKitGirl
    Dartonus Villager: autolynch day 3
    El Jaspero the Pirate King Villager: Autolynched day 4
    Emerald Rose
    Fleeing Coward
    Flying elephant Villager: lynched day 9
    Helgraf Alien:lynched day 5
    Ink Villager: Lynched day 11
    inky13112 Area 51: lynched day 1
    janusnori Area 51: Autolynched day 11
    Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
    Mordokai Villager: Autolynched day 4
    Nimbleswick
    pingcode20 Alien: lynched day 4
    Pwenet
    radikalskippy
    RocketBard
    Supagoof Villager: Lynched Day 6
    Rumda Villager: Autolynch day 3
    Shadow Alien: Lynched Day 7
    Vicarin Alien: lynched day 2
    Voidhawk Villager: Lynched Day 8
    Vonriel Villager: Lynched Day 7
    Whitehelm Villager: lynched day 3
    Xykon_fan Big Freakin' Alien: lynched day 12
    Zar Peter
    Last edited by purple gelatinous cube o' Doom; 2007-09-16 at 11:00 PM.
    Grinning Purple Gelatinous Cube avatar courtesy of Lord_Herman
    Attacking Cube courtesy of Sampi
    Current avatar courtesy of Rutskarn

My GiTP stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    DM
    Currently none

Player
    currently none

Creations:
    Fimbulwight

I have my own RB thread right here.

Come and join in the newly minted Fictional Character Contest

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Alien Invasion II (IC thread)

*The llama hides in the barn, away from the loud explosions and the gun that kills the sick animals*
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

(Hmmm...what version of XF will appear this time? How about...How about assassin, stealthy, and quiet XF? Oh, I know, deaf assassin XF. Okay, there we go.)

A man walks up to the space ship, seeming to be sneaking, and actually hiding fairly well. What gives him away is not the sight of him, since you can barely make out a shadow among shadows, but the loud crunching of twigs, leaves, and small animals under his feet. He seems completely oblivious to the noise, and continues to sneak up on the space ship. Gliding into the clearing, he announces in a loud voice:
    "Do not be alarmed everyone! I know I've surprised you due to my skill at sneaking, but I am a friend! I am the assassin XF, sent here to inform you that there are some among you who are not what they seem! They are aliens, sent to infiltrate your society and abduct you! The easiest way to purge them from the land is by mob-mentality-lynching! Start pointing at whoever you think is an alien!"

XF points at Farmer Brown

I'll be gone for a few days possibly, since we start on the road again tomorrow. I'll try to check in, and I will change my vote, but I couldn't resist pointing at an NPC at least once.
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-07-07 at 02:31 AM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

4. - Top - End - #4
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

The loud bang, scary objects, and mean nalien voices startle little Alarra and she sits down in the middle of the field and starts to cry. "I don't wanna be spearminted!" *sob*

Her mother eventually manages to get her calmed down and takes her into the crowd of people to figure out what's happened before they hurry home.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

A perfectly ordinary looking person who you probably thought was an NPC at first follows the crowd inconspicuously. "Aliens... this was unexpected."
    Eye of War Meta-Knight avatar by myself.
    PbP games I'm in.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6

REPENT reads a large sign in the middle of town, sitting there. It spins around, and the message changes.

ALIENS ARE COMING

It spins around again, and the message has once again changed.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

The bizarre sign spins one more time.

ONLY $9.95 A DAY

It then cycles between these two messages, apparently waiting for someone to rent its signboard space.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm... alien ship... approximately 30 ft. in radius... class IV lasers... quite powerful. Great information. Akaziel arrives in the town by taxi. He sees the rotating sign and starts to wonder how to insert the money for renting the space. He knocks on the sign for a bit, waiting.

(Not a point)
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

8. - Top - End - #8

Below the sign is a little bag, and a marker pen tethered by a chain to the ground next to the sign.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beymar and Emiralk come walking in from off stage.

Oh Look! A sign for rent.

Let's rent it.

Okay, what should we make it say?

How about "Eat @ Joe's!" That's a classic.

Shouldn't we make it say something more modern?

Like what?

Let's go with "Eat @ Sneak's?"

Nah, that's to obvious. How about "For a good time, call Beymar's Mom. That's 1-800-B-E-Y-S-M-O-M?"

You're gonna pay for that comment...get over here! he screams, then opens a bag of holding letting a large white tiger out.

Sick him, boy!

OPAH!

The tiger begins chasing Emiralk around. Beymar consistently points at Emiralk to tell the tiger which way to head.

((Translation: Supagoof points at Supagoof))
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2007-07-06 at 10:03 AM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

((OOO new thread!! Hmm...character...))

A black sedan drives up and a woman in a fashionable trenchcoat gets out. She walks up to the crash site and starts talking into a tape recorder.

Day one. Impact Site. There appears to have been some kind of high velocity crash. Huge crater in a field. Some sort of vehicular rubble is scattered all over the ground and burning. The smell is incredible! There are people standing around everywhere in various states of distress. Little girl crying. Animals appear upset. There seems to be some sort of dead...thing on the ground. Going closer to investigate.

The woman carefully walks closer to the dead thing on the ground.
    Last edited by EmeraldRose; 2007-07-05 at 09:52 AM.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

11. - Top - End - #11

(He was recently autolynched in Pirates...so he makes a good first day candidate for me)

*The llama finds a squirrel stealing his alfalfa and chases away Inky*
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

The blue SUV with government plates pulls into the Burger King parking lot by mistake instead of the crash site. Pointing at his color maps in disgust "Stupid Google Maps! The crash site location isn't on here."

The irritated man parks the SUV at the Burger King parking lot. "Better get directions. And breakfast. And coffee. Mmmm coffee." He's dressed in a blue suit, has shortly cropped hair, and is wearing sunglasses. Taking his cell phone from it's holster on his belt, he quickly speed dials a number as he walks into the resturant.

"Hello Gladys, is Agent Gibbons in? He can't talk to me? Oh. He WON'T talk to me. Tell him I've arrived at his latest goose chase, and I appreciate his wasting my time. Thanks!"
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2007-07-06 at 01:46 PM.
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

13. - Top - End - #13

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

A large, red-faced man whose complexion can be described as 'sweaty' forces his way through the crowd.

"And how do we know this is an actual alien invasion? Maybe it's the military, ever thought of that? This is just the sort of thing those slimy government officials would have the military do with advanced aerospace technology!

"Look, they even sent one of they're lackeys to silence people who figure it out!"

The man points aggressively at the government agent, that is, EmeraldRose.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm afraid you are mistaken. I'm a reporter with the SunCoast Times. Do you have a statement for the paper? The woman takes out a fedora with a white ticket in the brim that says 'PRESS', and puts it on. Then she holds out her recorder to the sweaty man. Where were you when the spaceship landed?
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

15. - Top - End - #15

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

"She even has a clever disguise! Kill her, before she 'silences' the lot of us!"

The large man, who had gained the nickname 'Fullbladder' from his coworkers for undisclosed reasons, begins to get antsy.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

16. - Top - End - #16

Oooh, look at that. PRESS! Emiralk, over here.

Call your tiger off.

*Beymar calls tiger off. Emiralk comes over.*

What?!?

Look, a news reporter.

A reporter, does that mean?

Yep. We're gonna be famous! Let's go.
    Beymar pulls out a unicycle, and Emiralk hops on his shoulders. The two wheel over juggling in front of Emerald Rose.

Hello, beautiful!

Hey, watch this.
    Emiralk lights the juggling batons on fire, while Beymar does a handstand on the unicycle holding Emiralk up with his other hand. For some reason you get the image of perfermors in Cirque De Solei.

OPAH!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

17. - Top - End - #17
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

(( Hmm...I'll point at Xykon Fan while I try and think of a good character to use... ))
    Last edited by Castaras; 2007-07-07 at 01:01 PM.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

The reporter looks at the large man again and says, You seem to have a pressing need to be elsewhere at the moment, and points Fullbladder towards the nearest obvious facilities.

EmeraldRose then sees the acrobats tumbling towards her and claps with delight! Now here's a story! Front page here I come!! She takes out a camera and starts clicking photos of the tumbling duo. What are your names? How do you spell them? Where did you grow up? How long have you been working together? Are you willing to go on the road with your act? She stops taking pictures for a minute. I can see the headline now...Big Time Act Discovered in Small Town!! ... Well...I'll work on the wording later...We'll all be famous!!
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

19. - Top - End - #19

A small gnome slowly walks up to the wrekage to examine crash site.

Looks like these bloodthirsty villagers finally got some real aliens to worry about now. Was getting sick of people wondering if I wasn't born in another galaxy.

And who's that little girl and her mother? Don't remember seeing them around these parts before. Fleeing points in the general direction of Alarra.

((I heard pointing at Alarra is a fast way of getting killed early ))
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The freakish boy known as Skippy, as he heard the news, got all excited and ran to his house, muttering something about forgetting his towel, then, once he got it, he ran to the square where all the others were gathering and said: "Hey, now I know they're real!! Ha! In your face, Troy!" (obviously speaking to himself, but making fun of the town's high school coreback, who always made fun of this Otaku)

Then suddenly reality strikes him and he says: "Holy ****! They're destroying us! No way!! Using all of my knowledge in alien behavior (as read in sci-fi books, Star Trek, Star Wars, manga and comic books from the 50's), I'll help the big guys to stop them...

Now let's see... They're between us... How can we tell who is one and who isn't? Perhaps that guy in there is one of them..." *Points at Fullbladder*
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Turning back into the resturant, US Air Force Captain Fairchilde, Special Agent of the Office of Special Investigations (OSI) turned over his shoulder and said "Thanks for the directions!"

His face unreadable, he pulls out his issued Blackberry cell phone and sends an email to HQ: "I'm off to meet the first contact here."

Unfortunately, he has already forgotten the directions the fry cook gave to him and he walks the wrong way - away from the crash site.

Using his finger to point at his list, he spots the first name Vicarin.

"I'm sure he has some information. I wonder where his house is?"
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

El Jaspero runs through the crowd in terror, spilling root beer all over the place.

"OhmygodohmygodohmygodRUNFORYOURLIVES!!!!"

NASCRAG Judge in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Inner Circle

pirate-man founder me love thog!

Sneak. A. Tar.

23. - Top - End - #23

"New Arleins? Flood took it out!"

"What, ... you said naw'liens? Told you. Flood!"

"Cripes alive son, you're way too far north for ali'ens. That's in the south!"

The fellow the old man was talking to shook his head. "Fine, I want to go to New Orleans."

"The town is in the throes of new aliens? Damnit, boy, why didn't you say so in the first place?!?!"

Old man Helgraf runs off to get his shotgun and whiskey.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

24. - Top - End - #24
    janusnori
    Guest in the Playground

JanusNori, the owner of the local newspaper stand, can't keep up with the sudden demand for tabloid magazines. Before the only people that would by them were that pair of old women, Farmer Brown's wife, and the crazy hippy that was always talking about how the aliens had take him back in the 60s. He was determined to find the clues the government was hiding about the aliens and so every week, he bought a copy of each of the tabloids.

Ever since the alien's came this week, the crazy hippy was standing in front of the stand explaining to anyone that would listen about his theories. JanusNori let him, it was good for business. He had never made such good money.

"Hey you!" *points at Bassetking* "This isn't a library! You want to read it, you can buy it!"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

XF sneaks away into the shadows, crunching small debris and trash littered on the ground. He then appears behind Castaras, and taps her on the shoulder, though it was easy to hear him coming.

((It's because of my good looks isn't it? You saw my picture, and then decided you'd do the whole *spiffy point* thing at me with the gun hand. Well, right back at ya.

Funny way of showing affection though...killing me in a game?!? ))
    Last edited by Xykon_Fan; 2007-07-07 at 02:31 AM.
    XF: Operating on 95% insanity since 1337 B.C. Because every event needs an insane werewolf noble.

Blissfully proud owner of a Ceikatar!

Undead Wannabee and Poster-Boy for the Fanclub

26. - Top - End - #26

Voidhawk, dressed in badly selected combat fatigues, is looking down his binoculars at the crowd from the windmill where he is perched.

Lukes like we got r'selves some Al'ens.

He spits off the windmill Rrrrk-Pu

Gud thing A bin a'saving up for the next civ'l war.

Voidhawk climbs down, goes to his pick-up, opens a box in the back and takes out a sawn off shot gun, a rifle and assorted pistols and bandoliers of ammo

Th'yre in for a nasty shock, heh heh,
    Starting with that gnome
    Points at Fleeing Coward
    Looking back on sanity from the other side, and laughing really loudly

"In the whole of oWOD, there are only five normal people not somehow tied to the great supernatural conspiracy, and three of them were Elvis."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    If Ravenloft has taught me anything, darkness only makes the stars shine brighter.
    Bowl of Petunias avatar by Rincewind

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Mordokai was never really fond of journalists, and even less fond of cameras. When EmeraldRose starts asking questions he just starts grumbling something about "no good for nothing journalist that should be shot on spot". But when she starts taking pictures ha has it enought.

Take that camera away or I'll make it happen missy! And I'm not joking, you can be sure of that. There is nothing to be seen here. If you want to take a picture of something interesting take a picture of that gnome there! With that he points at Fleeing Coward.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Akaziel quietly puts 20 dollars into the tethered bag. He decides to put the following on the sign:

Where to strike an alien:
    1. Head
    2. Abdomen
    3. Legs
    4. Back
    5. "There"
    He looks at the twins and wonders if they could be aliens.

(points at Supagoof)
    I'm VERY busy due to real life and whatnot, so I'm taking a break from all WWs and SGs. I should have warned y'all beforehand, and I apologize if I've inconvenienced any of you due to my many autolynches. I really should have stated how busy my life is.

'Tis my Team RAF Trophy Case.

Yay for my Ceikatar! w00t!

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldRose View Post
    The reporter looks at the large man again and says, You seem to have a pressing need to be elsewhere at the moment, and points Fullbladder towards the nearest obvious facilities.

EmeraldRose then sees the acrobats tumbling towards her and claps with delight! Now here's a story! Front page here I come!! She takes out a camera and starts clicking photos of the tumbling duo. What are your names? How do you spell them? Where did you grow up? How long have you been working together? Are you willing to go on the road with your act? She stops taking pictures for a minute. I can see the headline now...Big Time Act Discovered in Small Town!! ... Well...I'll work on the wording later...We'll all be famous!!
    Mine's Beymar!
    I'm Emiralk, the enduring enchantor of exilerating exercises! That's E-M-I-R-A-L-K. We're from Bonolystakvakianoovistam! Or BOOM for short.

Going a bit long there, aren't you Emiralk?

Shush. I'm talking to the reporter.

Uh-huh...

Besides, I figure I'd add to the show now that we're soo close to hitting the big time.

Well, to hit the big time, we need a big act. What can make our act better?

I've got it! Quick, over there. We need to incorporate this guy.....I've heard bringing one of them into the show always make them better.

Where'd you hear that from?

Uh...well...err...Never mind that. Should we?

Don't they spit? Do we want spit all over our audience?

You're thinking Alpaca, and besides, that's what the mask is for. To warn others to cover their eyes. Anyway, I'm sure it'll be a big hit with the kids.

If you say so. Go ahead and ask him then....

Mr. Llama, would you care to be part of BEYMAR AND EMIRALK ACROBATICS EXTRODINAIRE incorperated?
    *cue tumbling and acrobatic pose with both staring at Atreyu.*

OPAH!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

30. - Top - End - #30

*The llama watches the two, amused by their antics. He wags happily and nuzzles Beymar.*

(okay....ummmm....why are we pointing at Fleeing Coward? We have perfectly good poeple who probably won't even notice they've been lynched in inky and Vicarin)
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show