New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Agents of Shield VI: I am an Agent of SHIELD

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    The team was at real risk, but everything around them was meaningless.
    In the previous seasons, there was some impact on the world's politics, on what people think of mutants inhumans, or actual hydra operatives that could take over the government.
    In the Framework, there was an entire story developed about a revolution, but who cares? Lose, win, as long as they get out of the simulation nothing has impact on the world around them.

The way it's going, same goes here.
    Maybe an important character will die, maybe they will get some new information, and maybe they even bring someone back to the past.
    But as long as they will all leave back to the preset, every story revolving around a change in power or attitude between humans and kree will be tossed away for nothing.
    The Framework had exterior consequences in that SHIELD no longer exists. Mace was the head and he was killed; Aida and the Superior made it look like he was killed by Quake. Aida got a new Inhuman body, which she wreaked havoc, allowing the Superior to implement his plan of framing SHIELD by attacking Talbot. As far as I know, the Superior is still out there and Team Coulson are basically criminals. This is in addition to the emotional consequences to many members of the team.

We just haven't seen the exterior consequences yet and I hope they address it with the team member left back.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I expect to see Fitz in some jail or on the run, also possibly from the government. Maybe that is what brings Hunter back: Help keep Fitz out of legal trouble.

For some reason, I honestly expect to see Skye's mom back in some form, since how do we know every single Hydra agent was removed from SHIELD? Did they really got all of them? Or did some Hydra ones just lie and remain hidden?

What about the Superior? How does matter go there, considering he is a brain in a jar with a somewhat impressive number of murder-bots at his command? Is Fitz going to have to face down that threat all by himself?
    Blog Read and Comment! I use green for joking and Blue for sarcasm.
    Published two Kindle Books on Amazon, both are 99 cents. Ask Me about them!

My First Let's Play -- Temporary Haitus (I plan to get back to it eventually)
    (Yes, I happen to despise Game of Thrones, and the Book Series it is based on. I am Team Wight/Other. Kill all those humans!)

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by russdm View Post
    I expect to see Fitz in some jail or on the run, also possibly from the government. Maybe that is what brings Hunter back: Help keep Fitz out of legal trouble.

For some reason, I honestly expect to see Skye's mom back in some form, since how do we know every single Hydra agent was removed from SHIELD? Did they really got all of them? Or did some Hydra ones just lie and remain hidden?

What about the Superior? How does matter go there, considering he is a brain in a jar with a somewhat impressive number of murder-bots at his command? Is Fitz going to have to face down that threat all by himself?
    And they have to somehow get Brett Dalton back onto the show.

Edit: Pretty sure Skye's Mom is dead; Skye's Dad killed her.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-12-05 at 11:26 PM.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

How about a really insane theory?
    Fitz builds a new body, downloads what he assumes is a virtual copy of Mace but it turns out to create a version of Ward's body that Fits sics on the bad guys and Ward demonstrates just how dangerous he is by helping Fitz figure out what happened to the others!😮

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

laughs at the Sharnado references
    #GoreMutualarejerks

6. - Top - End - #156

Nice to see Hunter again. Too bad they couldn't pry Palicki back from Orville so she could make an appearance too.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Dear dumb alien:
    For the next time you're throwing people out of their time to save earth and fulfill a prophecy only to send someone else to save them later.
    Maybe consider that if you prepared them with a better cover story like you did for Fitz instead of just tossing them there, just MAYBE they wouldn't need to be rescued in the first place.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Dear dumb alien:
    For the next time you're throwing people out of their time to save earth and fulfill a prophecy only to send someone else to save them later.
    Maybe consider that if you prepared them with a better cover story like you did for Fitz instead of just tossing them there, just MAYBE they wouldn't need to be rescued in the first place.
    Don't blame the alien, he's just following the orders he gets from the crayon drawings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Dear dumb alien:
    Don't be too hard on the alien. He was just following orders from the crayon drawings.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Nice to see Hunter again. Too bad they couldn't pry Palicki back from Orville so she could make an appearance too.
    I loved Hunter; still bummed that they kicked them off of the show for their series and then that series got cancelled.

My only disappointment was that Fitz didn't science his solution and instead it was kind of handed over on a platter by a random alien.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

I hope Daisy bitchslaps that alien chick...shes nothing but annoying.
    #GoreMutualarejerks

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
    I hope Daisy bitchslaps that alien chick...shes nothing but annoying.
    I love her mostly because she has a bad-ass theme song and she played Julie Mao in the Expanse. I love how detestable she is.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I thought she has pretty good presence for a mute bodyguard.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Don't be too hard on the alien. He was just following orders from the crayon drawings.
    I was thinking along the same lines.

The alien has been sending others through time. I think even before he got connected with the girl. Who were the others and why were they sent? What when were they sent to? I know, I won't get all the answers I want.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I missed the very last scene. I got extra commercials instead. What did I miss?

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dilvish View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines.

The alien has been sending others through time. I think even before he got connected with the girl. Who were the others and why were they sent? What when were they sent to? I know, I won't get all the answers I want.
    No, Enoch was very clear. He was forbidden from interfering in human history and did not, not until he came in contact with Robin. Here's a refresher (all from his single appearance in the MCU).

I checked and Enoch has not appeared in Marvel Comics (there are appearances by other completely different minor characters with that name) but is an original creation for the show.

The last scene was
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fitz is unfrozen and Enoch is waiting for him, he tells Fitz he has a month or so to prepare before the ceremony. He says Fitz has to be able to take on some of the most ruthless killers of the galaxy and asks if Fitz can do this. Fitz says matter of factly "Yes, I can."

17. - Top - End - #167
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    No, Enoch was very clear. He was forbidden from interfering in human history and did not, not until he came in contact with Robin. Here's a refresher (all from his single appearance in the MCU).

I checked and Enoch has not appeared in Marvel Comics (there are appearances by other completely different minor characters with that name) but is an original creation for the show.

The last scene was
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fitz is unfrozen and Enoch is waiting for him, he tells Fitz he has a month or so to prepare before the ceremony. He says Fitz has to be able to take on some of the most ruthless killers of the galaxy and asks if Fitz can do this. Fitz says matter of factly "Yes, I can."
    Thanks. Last night's episode was the one that I missed the very last scene. It was a good episode. Fitz, the heartthrob action hero.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thanks. Last night's episode was the one that I missed the very last scene. It was a good episode. Fitz, the heartthrob action hero.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enoch goes blueface sneaks past a guard into the lift, sets it for what I assume is the surface and then questioned shoots the kree.

He also says "I am a Kree as I have always been", then after being told nobody comes back from the surface replies "I am not a person." seems like it's supposed to be taken jokingly but I an't remember if he has ever said who built him so possible he could be kree built.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Enoch goes blueface sneaks past a guard into the lift, sets it for what I assume is the surface and then questioned shoots the kree.

He also says "I am a Kree as I have always been", then after being told nobody comes back from the surface replies "I am not a person." seems like it's supposed to be taken jokingly but I an't remember if he has ever said who built him so possible he could be kree built.
    Thanks. Interesting. What is the truth about Enoch?

With Agents of SHIELD supposed to be done after this season, what are the chances that Coulson might reappear in a movie (after the show is over)?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Thanks. Interesting. What is the truth about Enoch?

With Agents of SHIELD supposed to be done after this season, what are the chances that Coulson might reappear in a movie (after the show is over)?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Difficult to say I'm hoping they actually kill afew people of since it is the last season so far they've only been good at getting likeable characters killed it so it would be nice if they killed off afew of the true cast so their plot armour isn't as obvious.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, has there been confirmation that this is the last season?

22. - Top - End - #172

Officially? No. However, the series hits a natural break point with Infinity War, the ratings are lousy and ABC tried to kill it last year, only to be strong armed into renewing to get Inhumans (They won't make that mistake again). Really, there isn't a reason to renew.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

You’ll have to forgive my lateness, as I’m two episodes behind. I just wanted to make note of something, because it took me a bit to realize the connection to a previous season.

Robin is the daughter of Charles Hinton, the Inhuman precognitive from Season 3 who was, for a time, a prisoner of HIVE. He died saving Daisy from Gideon Malick. His wife was Polly.

RELEASE THE FERRETS!
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2018-01-07 at 07:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by Giggling Ghast
    Robin is the daughter of Charles Hinton, the Inhuman precognitive from Season 3 who was, for a time, a prisoner of HIVE. He died saving Daisy from Gideon Malick. His wife was Polly.
    Yes. This was neatly encapsulated in the closeup of the wooden robin, which Charles carved for his daughter. It might have been Daisy who made sure the wooden robin reached the girl.

Originally Posted by JadedDM
    Wait, has there been confirmation that this is the last season?
    The Friday night timeslot is generally an ominous sign, but Disney stopped the show from being cancelled after Season 4, so there’s always the chance of another Hail Mary.

So far I’m enjoying Season 5 more than the last couple (especially Season 4, urf) but I’m also okay with this being their last hurrah. Set up Fitz and Jemma with a nice biotech lab in the Seychelles and let them mellow out for a while.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

The ratings have not been strong, so I would assume this is the last season for Agents of Shield. I have heard rumblings about a strong international viewership, but even if that were true, that matters little to an American TV company.

Sad, but at least they got a Season 5 to wrap things up. And wasn’t the ending of the last episode super-sweet? Awww.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2018-01-07 at 11:04 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176

Quote Originally Posted by Palanan View Post
    It might have been Daisy who made sure the wooden robin reached the girl.
    Yup, in the season three finale.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

The problem I have with SHIELD is that the show's writers always seem terrified of the movies.
    In the first seasons it was at least limited to references like "Stark tech", "The hulk was here and we just missed him" and stuff like this.
    Last two seasons, they are so afraid of the movie, they place the plot in a different world or timeline completely.

I'll say the same thing I say to many movies and shows: Worry about your story first, and how it connects to the cinematic universe later.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

The problem I have with SHIELD is that the show's writers always seem terrified of the movies.
    In the first seasons it was at least limited to references like "Stark tech", "The hulk was here and we just missed him" and stuff like this.
    Last two seasons, they are so afraid of the movie, they place the plot in a different world or timeline completely.

I'll say the same thing I say to many movies and shows: Worry about your story first, and how it connects to the cinematic universe later.
    I'm kind of confused, because your last sentence seems to contradict your first paragraph.

Anyway, Agents of SHIELD seems to be making the best of a bad situation. Because of the organizational split between Marvel TV and Marvel movies, there was never going to be a tight integration between the movies and TV shows. You'll occasionally see references from the movies in the TV show, because TV shows are written much closer to production that movies are, like the integration of the Sokovia Accords, but you'll never see the movies reference the TV show.

However, at least Marvel's letting Agents of SHIELD make their own lore and changes to the MCU, like the introduction of Inhumans (which should have made a huge impact in the movieverse, but didn't), and retconning the origins of HYDRA. So, I would like more integration with the movieverse (it'd be fun for Nick Fury to show up again), I've enjoyed the show that Agents of SHIELD became.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    I'm kind of confused, because your last sentence seems to contradict your first paragraph.
    I'll try to explain better:
    The writers of the show seem to be restricted.
    On one hand, they have to follow what happens in the movies (because that's what SHIELD basically was, a filler between Avengers movies), on the other hand they can't actually show the characters of the movie or be directly involved.

It would have been much better for writing if they just said "agents of SHIELD takes place in the time between the two movies" and continue from there regardless of which movie currently airs.
    Instead, the restrictions pushed them into a corner so small, they had to escape earth twice in a row.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    but you'll never see the movies reference the TV show.
    I mean, they sort of did with Age of Ultron answering the question in season 2 of "What is the giant project that Coulson is working on?"
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png