New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Walking at a slow, clearly tired pace, Diamond Heart finally entered the town of Bridle Shores. The journey had been longer and wearier than expected, but she'd made it. And with few setbacks, even. Her luck so far was remarkable, and she silently hoped she wouldn't run out now.

Stopping just inside the entrance to the town, she turned her head this way and that, taking in her new surroundings. It looked very much like how she'd pictured it from her grandfather's description, and she found herself quite relieved. Utterly oblivious to the busy goings-on of the other ponies and the supposedly usual strange happenings of Bridle Shores, Diamond adjusted her tan suede saddlebags and set off in search of a welcome center, or an inn, or at least just a pony who could point her in a useful direction.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic] Bridle Shores, General Town thread 5

Quote Originally Posted by Zylan View Post
    Walking at a slow, clearly tired pace, Diamond Heart finally entered the town of Bridle Shores. The journey had been longer and wearier than expected, but she'd made it. And with few setbacks, even. Her luck so far was remarkable, and she silently hoped she wouldn't run out now.

Stopping just inside the entrance to the town, she turned her head this way and that, taking in her new surroundings. It looked very much like how she'd pictured it from her grandfather's description, and she found herself quite relieved. Utterly oblivious to the busy goings-on of the other ponies and the supposedly usual strange happenings of Bridle Shores, Diamond adjusted her tan suede saddlebags and set off in search of a welcome center, or an inn, or at least just a pony who could point her in a useful direction.
    Well, the Icy was too caught up on her own thoughts to noticed she was on a collision course with this newcomer. The two collided into each other with a bump. Icy being the smaller one (and physically still aged to a filly), she was knocked to the ground, landing on her rump.

"Ouch... apologies..." Icy said, rubbing her head where she bumped into the newcomer. The icy filly was still too dazed to realise she was dealing with a newcomer.

3. - Top - End - #723
    Titan in the Playground

Mystic would probably spend a few hours looking for a good dancing spot (She's a zerg pony. She has ways of finding these things out without moving.) and fall asleep soon after, not waking up until Sweet Dreams or somepony else woke her up. Unfortunately, she was unable to find anywhere, so she would have to improvise.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Well, the Icy was too caught up on her own thoughts to noticed she was on a collision course with this newcomer. The two collided into each other with a bump. Icy being the smaller one (and physically still aged to a filly), she was knocked to the ground, landing on her rump.

"Ouch... apologies..." Icy said, rubbing her head where she bumped into the newcomer. The icy filly was still too dazed to realise she was dealing with a newcomer.
    Diamond, who was distracted by her new environment and didn't see where she was going either, recoiled from the collision with a short 'oomph'. She quickly regained her composure, however, and rushed to help the other back to her hooves.

"Oh I'm sorry! I completely didn't see you there! Here, let me help you.."

Using one of her hooves to brush the smaller pony off, genuine concern shown in her light blue eyes as she surveyed for any injuries. "You're not hurt are you..?"
    Last edited by Zylan; 2011-10-17 at 06:14 PM. Reason: changed dialogue color

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond, who was distracted by her new environment and didn't see where she was going either, recoiled from the collision with a short 'oomph'. She quickly regained her composure, however, and rushed to help the other back to her hooves.

"Oh I'm sorry! I completely didn't see you there! Here, let me help you.."

Using one of her hooves to brush the smaller pony off, genuine concern shown in her light blue eyes as she surveyed for any injuries. "You're not hurt are you..?"
    "I'm fine, I'm fine," Icy said, getting to her feet and brushing the dirt off. It finally occurred to the filly that this was a pony she never met yet. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Icy Touch. Pleased to meet you."

6. - Top - End - #726
    Firbolg in the Playground

Back at the Office - Whadda Scoops

With stories in hoof, Scoops returns to the news building/house/printing facility and sets some pictures down on a pile. It being too warm now for another espresso, the mare gets out a large bottle of Colt (all of the sugar and twice the caffeine!) and starts working on tomorrow.

Ooh there are a couple of letters! If they're interesting she can even do an editor's note on them.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #727
    Pixie in the Playground

"I'm fine, I'm fine," Icy said, getting to her feet and brushing the dirt off. It finally occurred to the filly that this was a pony she never met yet. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Icy Touch. Pleased to meet you."
    Diamond beamed at the introduction and gave a neat little bow. "It's a great pleasure to meet you, Icy Touch. My name is Diamond Heart. I actually just arrived from Manehattan..." Her eyes sweeped around the area uncertainly before resting back on Icy with a shy smile.

"If you wouldn't mind, and have the time, could you show me to an inn, or maybe a welcome center? I came here to start up a jewelry business and need to find a shop I can use. I'll make the trouble up to you, too." With an excited nod, she stuffed her snout into one of her saddlebags and came back with a couple bits, which she held out to her new acquaintance eagerly.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Ettin in the Playground

Diamond beamed at the introduction and gave a neat little bow. "It's a great pleasure to meet you, Icy Touch. My name is Diamond Heart. I actually just arrived from Manehattan..." Her eyes sweeped around the area uncertainly before resting back on Icy with a shy smile.

"If you wouldn't mind, and have the time, could you show me to an inn, or maybe a welcome center? I came here to start up a jewelry business and need to find a shop I can use. I'll make the trouble up to you, too." With an excited nod, she stuffed her snout into one of her saddlebags and came back with a couple bits, which she held out to her new acquaintance eagerly.
    Icy was sorely tempted to take the bits and run with it. Very much tempted. But her pride refused to let her go. She reluctantly pushed the bits back to Diamond's chest. "Keep the bits. I can take you to the Civic Centre if you like: that's where all the new ponies in town seem to stay. Or we could stop by the bar. You could meet a lot more of the townsfolk that way."

9. - Top - End - #729
    Pixie in the Playground

Icy was sorely tempted to take the bits and run with it. Very much tempted. But her pride refused to let her go. She reluctantly pushed the bits back to Diamond's chest. "Keep the bits. I can take you to the Civic Centre if you like: that's where all the new ponies in town seem to stay. Or we could stop by the bar. You could meet a lot more of the townsfolk that way."
    Looking mildly taken aback, Diamond stared at her for a second, before shrugging and sliding the bits back into the bag. She turned back with a soft smile. "Well thank you... Ah, if you could show me the Civic Centre, that'd be excellent. I'm sure I can find my way around from there, if they have maps of the town there. I don't want to trouble you any more than necessary. I really do appreciate your help, by the way."

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ettin in the Playground

Looking mildly taken aback, Diamond stared at her for a second, before shrugging and sliding the bits back into the bag. She turned back with a soft smile. "Well thank you... Ah, if you could show me the Civic Centre, that'd be excellent. I'm sure I can find my way around from there, if they have maps of the town there. I don't want to trouble you any more than necessary. I really do appreciate your help, by the way."
    Icy favoured her with a wan smile of her own. "Very well. Follow me then." The icy filly trotted ahead with a brisk pace, leading Diamond along the streets of Bridle Shores. Along the way, she pointed out interesting landmarks and so on, but otherwise seemed pre-occupied with matters in her own mind.

They soon reached the cloud staircase of the Civic Centre. "Here we are. Don't mind the clouds. They're perfectly safe to walk on. Just go on up and claim a room. There should be directions and maps in the common room." By now, Icy seemed a little uneasy and was tapping her hooves a little in impatience.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-10-18 at 07:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #731
    Pixie in the Playground

Icy favoured her with a wan smile of her own. "Very well. Follow me then." The icy filly trotted ahead with a brisk pace, leading Diamond along the streets of Bridle Shores. Along the way, she pointed out interesting landmarks and so on, but otherwise seemed pre-occupied with matters in her own mind.

They soon reached the cloud staircase of the Civic Centre. "Here we are. Don't mind the clouds. They're perfectly safe to walk on. Just go on up and claim a room. There should be directions and maps in the common room." By now, Icy seemed a little uneasy and was tapping her hooves a little in impatience.
    Noticing Icy's disquiet, Diamond turned to her with a grateful smile. "Thank you again for showing me here. I should be able to find my way from here, so you don't have to stay if you have other business to attend to. A pleasure meeting you, and I hope to see you again." After a quick bow, she turned and headed inside the Civic Centre to peruse its resources.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Barbarian in the Playground

Serilus checked up on Akikki and was satisfied that he was happily sleeping. Deciding that he'd have some free time, Serilus trotted off elsewhere in the Civic Center, looking for other ponies.

As he entered the common room Serilus noticed an unfamiliar unicorn with several maps scattered on the table infront of her. Serilus walked over to the table, and his horn started glowing with magic. If Diamond were paying attention, she would notice several subtle details on the map change.

Serilus cut off his magic and said, "That's better, I hate it when these maps are out of date." He then turned to face the unicorn before continuing "Hello there miss, I don't believe I've met you before. Serilus, Equine Explorer Extraordinare, at your service."
    Thanks to Skeppio for my avatar.

13. - Top - End - #733
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Level8Mudcrab View Post
    As he entered the common room Serilus noticed an unfamiliar unicorn with several maps scattered on the table infront of her. Serilus walked over to the table, and his horn started glowing with magic. If Diamond were paying attention, she would notice several subtle details on the map change.
    Diamond, who was quietly scanning over two particular maps and trying to sync them up, suddenly did a double-take as a few trails out in a wooded area promptly changed direction. She reached up a hoof and scratched at her head in confusion.

Serilus cut off his magic and said, "That's better, I hate it when these maps are out of date." He then turned to face the unicorn before continuing "Hello there miss, I don't believe I've met you before. Serilus, Equine Explorer Extraordinare, at your service."
    At the unexpected sound of Serilus' voice, Diamond jumped slightly and turned quickly, looking to the pony who spoke. Regaining herself, she smiled shyly, shuffling a hoof nervously. "Oh hello.. No, I just arrived here from Manehattan, in fact. I'm actually trying to find a good place to set up a new jewelry shop. Oh, uh, thank you for fixing the maps, by the way." She glanced back at the table in gesture.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot-Doing Stuff

The mocha stallion found himself with small errands to run and bills to pay. By gosh darn it to hay, lots of bills to pay. Also he kept to his promise about putting in a good word for the stubborn Icy at some of the places he had to go. Most of them were retail places and some just places that might have been hiring. After a long morning of errand running to distract him from certain things, Icy in a dress the stallion stopped by the town fountain in the center of town. He particularity liked this spot as a few past posts would indicate due to his regular visits here. He gingerly took a sip and a relaxed a bit before he had to go back to his errand running.

15. - Top - End - #735

Diamond, who was quietly scanning over two particular maps and trying to sync them up, suddenly did a double-take as a few trails out in a wooded area promptly changed direction. She reached up a hoof and scratched at her head in confusion.

At the unexpected sound of Serilus' voice, Diamond jumped slightly and turned quickly, looking to the pony who spoke. Regaining herself, she smiled shyly, shuffling a hoof nervously. "Oh hello.. No, I just arrived here from Manehattan, in fact. I'm actually trying to find a good place to set up a new jewelry shop. Oh, uh, thank you for fixing the maps, by the way." She glanced back at the table in gesture.
    "No problem, it's what I do best, and keeping the Civic Center's maps up to date has become a bit of a self appointed job for me." Serilus paused for a moment before continuing, "You said you were from Manehatten, yes? I'm from there too, although it's been years since I've been back. I much prefer the open road. How long ago did you leave to come to Bridle Shores? Oh, and I don't believe I caught your name?" Serilus finished talking with a grin on his face; he did love meeting new ponies.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Pixie in the Playground

"No problem, it's what I do best, and keeping the Civic Center's maps up to date has become a bit of a self appointed job for me." Serilus paused for a moment before continuing, "You said you were from Manehatten, yes? I'm from there too, although it's been years since I've been back. I much prefer the open road. How long ago did you leave to come to Bridle Shores? Oh, and I don't believe I caught your name?" Serilus finished talking with a grin on his face; he did love meeting new ponies.
    Diamond dropped into a small bow in introduction before raising back up with a sheepish smile. "Forgive me, my name is Diamond Heart. Very pleased to meet you, Serilus... It didn't take me too long to get here from Manehattan, luckily, though I'm sure an Explorer Extraordinaire had an easier and faster time of it than me..."

She brought a hoof up to her mouth and cleared her throat with a sideways glance. Her sentence dissipated into awkward silence as she wasn't sure what to say next.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Troll in the Playground

Fox Trot

After finishing up with his errands, the mocha stallion figured he'd visit Icy in the Civic Center, unawares that she too was out and about in town with her own errands and that she was still a foal. Up those gods-forsaken cloud stairs he climbed, and as usual pooped out from the climb.

"Oh...new ponies...well good afternoon,"
    He politely nodded at Diamond Heart and Serilus as he went inside the lobby to look for Icy. He was visibly pooped out.

18. - Top - End - #738
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Fox Trot

After finishing up with his errands, the mocha stallion figured he'd visit Icy in the Civic Center, unawares that she too was out and about in town with her own errands and that she was still a foal. Up those gods-forsaken cloud stairs he climbed, and as usual pooped out from the climb.

"Oh...new ponies...well good afternoon,"
    He politely nodded at Diamond Heart and Serilus as he went inside the lobby to look for Icy. He was visibly pooped out.
    Cypress and Magnolia

Cypress turned when he heard a familiar voice from the pony who had just entered. He turned to see Fox Trot enter. "Fox Trot!" he said, visibly excited. "It's been a while, how are you?"
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.
    Also, feel free to PM if you need an avatar.

Cypress RP profile

19. - Top - End - #739
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eruantion View Post
    Cypress and Magnolia

Cypress turned when he heard a familiar voice from the pony who had just entered. He turned to see Fox Trot enter. "Fox Trot!" he said, visibly excited. "It's been a while, how are you?"

"Oh!...Hello there...I've uh been doing good, how about yourself?"
    Fox asked in return.

20. - Top - End - #740

"Oh!...Hello there...I've uh been doing good, how about yourself?"
    Fox asked in return.
    "Maggie and I were out of town for a little while. I'm just glad to see Bridle Shores hasn't changed." Cypress looked around, remembering past occurrences. "Well, not permanently, anyway."
    Last edited by Eruantion; 2011-10-20 at 09:53 PM.
    All avatars you may see on my profile are handmade in my home in the foothills of North Carolina. Please support your local avatarists.

Cypress RP profile

21. - Top - End - #741
    Troll in the Playground

"Maggie and I were out of town for a little while. I'm just glad to see Bridle Shores hasn't changed." Cypress looked around, remembering past occurrences. "Well, not permanently, anyway."

"Yea........aside from some random magical shenanigans very little in town has changed,"
    Fox said with smile still plastered on his face.

22. - Top - End - #742

"Yea........aside from some random magical shenanigans very little in town has changed,"
    Fox said with smile still plastered on his face.
    "Good to hear," continued Cypress. Why did I have to initiate small talk? he thought. "Well... you look busy. I should let you go." He gave Fox one more smile before turning towards the door. "Do you know where Sandy is?" he added as an afterthought.

Cypress RP profile

23. - Top - End - #743
    Troll in the Playground

"Good to hear," continued Cypress. Why did I have to initiate small talk? he thought. "Well... you look busy. I should let you go." He gave Fox one more smile before turning towards the door. "Do you know where Sandy is?" he added as an afterthought.
    Fox scrunched his brow trying to remember this Sandy fellow, he probably met him at the recital. "Uhm...honestly...I don't know. I'd check the usual spots, you know the soda bar, library...etc. Sorry that I'm of no real help." He looked at Cypress a little sheepishly.

24. - Top - End - #744

Fox scrunched his brow trying to remember this Sandy fellow, he probably met him at the recital. "Uhm...honestly...I don't know. I'd check the usual spots, you know the soda bar, library...etc. Sorry that I'm of no real help." He looked at Cypress a little sheepishly.
    Cypress smiled anyway. "Thanks, Fox. See you around." He turned to his niece. "Come on, Maggie, let's go have a soda. My treat."

Cypress RP profile

25. - Top - End - #745

Diamond dropped into a small bow in introduction before raising back up with a sheepish smile. "Forgive me, my name is Diamond Heart. Very pleased to meet you, Serilus... It didn't take me too long to get here from Manehattan, luckily, though I'm sure an Explorer Extraordinaire had an easier and faster time of it than me..."

She brought a hoof up to her mouth and cleared her throat with a sideways glance. Her sentence dissipated into awkward silence as she wasn't sure what to say next.

"Easier and faster? Well, sure, I guess I could manage that if I wanted to. Detours are so much more fun though."
    Taking note of Diamond's silence, Serilus suggested. "You said you were looking into setting up a shop in town. Would you like some help with that?"

26. - Top - End - #746
    Pixie in the Playground

"Easier and faster? Well, sure, I guess I could manage that if I wanted to. Detours are so much more fun though."
    Taking note of Diamond's silence, Serilus suggested. "You said you were looking into setting up a shop in town. Would you like some help with that?"
    She looked up with a renewed smile, broader than before. "Oh.. I'd like that very much. But I don't want to trouble you. I'm sure you're very busy. But if you do help me, I'll certainly make it worth your while."

27. - Top - End - #747
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Back at the Office - Whadda Scoops

With stories in hoof, Scoops returns to the news building/house/printing facility and sets some pictures down on a pile. It being too warm now for another espresso, the mare gets out a large bottle of Colt (all of the sugar and twice the caffeine!) and starts working on tomorrow.

Ooh there are a couple of letters! If they're interesting she can even do an editor's note on them.
    After a while, a loud banging would be heard from the front door. Looking out the window, Whadda would spot a light green filly, flank noticeably blank, standing eagerly at the front door, with further description waiting until Amish can fetch the character from his old laptop.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

28. - Top - End - #748

She looked up with a renewed smile, broader than before. "Oh.. I'd like that very much. But I don't want to trouble you. I'm sure you're very busy. But if you do help me, I'll certainly make it worth your while."
    "Helping a maiden in need? What kind of adventurer would I be if I left you on your own?" Serilus had a grin on his face as his adventurer persona took over "Of course I'll be able to help out. I don't have anything I need to do anyway."

29. - Top - End - #749
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    After a while, a loud banging would be heard from the front door. Looking out the window, Whadda would spot a light green filly, flank noticeably blank, standing eagerly at the front door, with further description waiting until Amish can fetch the character from his old laptop.
    Scoops finishes the bottle of soda, which, despite being something no sane pony would drink in one sitting doesn't have much of a visible effect. She gleefully trots over and opens the door.

"Ooh, here for paperfoal job?!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

30. - Top - End - #750
    Pixie in the Playground

"Helping a maiden in need? What kind of adventurer would I be if I left you on your own?" Serilus had a grin on his face as his adventurer persona took over "Of course I'll be able to help out. I don't have anything I need to do anyway."
    Trying to hide the slight blush that now colored her cheeks, she turned back to the maps and began stacking them neatly. "Thank you so much, I really do appreciate it. Do you know of any open place I could set myself up at? Somewhere that would be ideal for a jewelry workshop and store, but also where I could safely sleep?"