New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus} Good League of Good LXXVII: Earth Vampires DON'T Sparkle!

Towncar

Whichever thread the operators gonna send him toward.

"There was a cure in Umbrella's database. But I need a sample from one of the infected - can you get that for me?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #752
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Neon Knight View Post
    Tarin reaches out a hand to lightly brush Sophie's hair. "It's not fair that this was done to you. That they put this kind of burden on you. Sacrifices are given, not taken; martyrs are made, not chosen. It's hurting you. M-maybe I could..."
    Sophie's hair is brushed and she smiles faintly.
    I don't think you can take this away from me, Tarin. But... thank you. For being here. I feel like I really need someone to... keep me straight, if you know what I mean. For when her conviction finally begins to gnaw at her sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Maple Cabin - Night Time]

"24 hours at the most I guess. Depends on when stars pass..." She replies with a shrug, starting to cover up her chest with her arms.

Kyra looks away for a moment before asking, "I... I might need to feed soon... how will we handle that? I need fat. Human fat."
    Sophie is silent. I think I have an idea. I'm just not sure where it is... She's talking about the Ring of Sustenance Reinholdt comissioned for Olivia which ended up unused.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kyra stares at Sophie, "What is it?" She demands with a hint of desperation in her voice. "Tell me, please."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

It's a ring. It provides sustenance so its wearer doesn't have to eat or drink. It was made for another vampire but I don't think anyone is using it right now. If I can find it, you can wear it, at least for the time being.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

5. - Top - End - #755

"Really?" Kyra states, her mouth left hanging, "I can't thank you enough... I go change so you can find it. Where did you say the clothes were again?" She asks, speaking rather quickly now.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

They're in my cabin. Pick something you like. Sophie points Kyra towards her room in Maple Cabin. She's not sure if the size will match, but that's the least of their problems right now. I need to go talk to the person who comissioned the ring...

7. - Top - End - #757

"Thank you again, thanks so much..." Kyra tells her as she starts to head towards the Maple cabin, probably throwing dirt all over the floor as she walks.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie starts walking... then slaps herself on the forehead and rushes back into the cabin after Kyra. Stupid me. I have the ring in my room... she begins rummaging through her things and eventually produces a strange-looking metal ring.

9. - Top - End - #759

Kyra looks a bit startled as Sophie enters the room and quickly moves out her way. "Ehh... so where is the bath tub?"

As the hunter produces the ring she quickly steps closer to Sophie, looking at her expectingly. "That's it isn't it? Kayross be praised..." She says in awe.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Titan in the Playground

Well, put it on. Sophie hands Kyra the ring. If the girl puts it on, her craving for human fat should be sated, leaving behind a vague feeling of nourishment.

11. - Top - End - #761

Her hand shakes as she attempts to put the ring around her finger and she seem to have trouble just putting it on. Finally she seem to manage it though and then turns to just stare at her hand for a moment.

"I feel strange... like I'm full. It's that how I'm supposed to feel like?" She blinks, looking around the room as she had never seen before in her entire life. "Gosh... it feels so weird." Kyra bursts out into laughter, weeping tears of joy.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Titan in the Playground

Sophie breathes a sigh of relief and her aura subsides, disappearing. That's great. We'll look for a more long-term solution, but this ring should sustain you for now.

13. - Top - End - #763
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"No, I mean pet. Slaves work, like the minotaurs pulling my carriage. Pets are stroked and cuddled and look cute and do tricks." Malaaraha snaps back, though it's the snapping of a noblewoman sure of her authority than a warrior sure of their skill. "Nobles are found throughout civilisation, any land where any noble title is meaningless is therefore barbarian, and this doesn't look like any barbarian village I've ever read about. My family is rich, and gold has power everywhere, even amongst the savages. Elves are naturally superior; nothing lives longer and we're inherently superior even if this land has yet to be conquered in the name of the elves. Those documents are forged; humans are arrogant, and will try anything to make others think they are older, more noble, or superior to anything else. And your master is a wizard experimenting with half-golems." Malaaraha answers each getting more and more furious. Everything she says, she truly believes.

Other Side of the Lake

Myrim goes over to Brand and gives him a hug. She remembers to shortly after she'd been captured, the last time she saw her own extended family. No children, but five siblings, her mother, three aunts, nineteen cousins, four neices, two nephews and a sister-in-law were also captured. Her eldest brother, father, most of her uncles and four cousins were killed in the raid, but over half of her tribe was able to escape into the swamp. A lot of them died before they reached sale, and she has no idea what some of her relatives are doing now or if they're dead.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira glares. "It's still one sentient being claiming possession of another one. And I'll be wanting you to release those too. I will not suffer slavery, or keeping sentients as 'pets'."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #765

By The Lake

"I GOT NO MASTER. Get it into your head noone here is a slave or a master. LEave now we will care for your Pet and free him from your foolness."

He points to the direction they came from.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

16. - Top - End - #766
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

Brand hugs Myrim back, water and all. It's some time before he gains his composure, but he finally says, "We're safe now. Some warriors attacked the slaver caravan to rescue us. Some of the slaves tried to find their way back to their homes, and some moved to the city, but my family, and a few others, stayed here at GLoG where we were offered sanctuary."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #767
    Orc in the Playground

By The Lake

"Who are you to stop me from keeping slaves, hmm?" Malaaraha is really quite agitated, now. "And Myrim is mine, I bought her for a lot of money. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find one on the open market?" Because heavily armoured elf-warriors comb swamps where Marsh Goblins live and most sink in quicksand, bottomless mud, etc.

Other Side Of The Lake

"You are lucky. I don't know what's happened to most of my relatives, and of those I do know I wish I didn't." She sounds sad as she says it.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Other Side of the Lake

"I'm sorry." Brand says simply. It had been his and Pansy's greatest fear - having the children sold and separated from them.

Lake 3.0

And at a different part of the lake, the halfling children are trying to sneak up on Waterstrider, who is laying half submerged in the water.

There may be giggling.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2011-11-14 at 09:48 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Waterstrider's eyes stay closed, and he forces his ears to stay still as to keep the kids from learning he knows about their approach.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

"But the water will be cold."

"Are you chicken?"

"No way!"

"3... 2.... 1!"

Lily leaps first, followed after a brief hesitation by Tito, both of the kids aiming to land in the water on top of their friend.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake 3.0

After his ears tell him the two leap, Waterstrider gives a playful roar before spinning and opening his arms to try and catch them both. If he's successful, he'll fall backwards into the water to give them a nice dunking before bringing them back up.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

Lake 3.0

Both children squeal, are dunked, then squeal again.

"It's cold! I told you it would be cold!" Tito yells indignantly. While laughing. Somehow.

Lily laughs and dives right back under the water to try and grab Waterstrider around the neck and pull his face back under the water.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #773
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Forest]

Koro follows after her more than willingly. She has the gold after all, and Koro wants it!
    The dwarf comes up to a tree and hides against it.

On the other side is a small clearing with several deer peacefully eating grass, being oblivious, etc.

The dwarf pulls out her crossbow and motions with her head to Koro, towards the deer.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ogre in the Playground

[Forest]

Koro takes a moment to consider. Well, he is a bit hungry. There, considered. The beargon runs at top speed after the weakest looking deer of the bunch. He uses his wings to give him some extra speed. He's a mean, green, killing machine. Rawr.

25. - Top - End - #775

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

Sophie breathes a sigh of relief and her aura subsides, disappearing. That's great. We'll look for a more long-term solution, but this ring should sustain you for now.

Kyra laughs again, touching the ring gently as she looks up at Sophie, "I can't thank you enough miserli, may the spirits guard you and your ancestors." She bows her head down towards the hunter.
    "Could... I have a moment alone now?"

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post

Kyra laughs again, touching the ring gently as she looks up at Sophie, "I can't thank you enough miserli, may the spirits guard you and your ancestors." She bows her head down towards the hunter.
    "Could... I have a moment alone now?"
    Yes, of course. I'll step outside. She promptly does so, even though she feels dog tired and would really like to go back to sleep.

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Sophie's hair is brushed and she smiles faintly.
    I don't think you can take this away from me, Tarin. But... thank you. For being here. I feel like I really need someone to... keep me straight, if you know what I mean. For when her conviction finally begins to gnaw at her sanity.
    [Garden]

Tarin is quiet, for a moment, as she searches herself for a part of her being that hasn't been expressed in a long, long time. She's been to so many places, been shaped by so many realities, that for a moment she fears her old nature has been lost entirely to her. But finally she finds it. "Oh, dearest Sophie... that's just the thing..." Sophie can feel an almost palpable change in the air and mood surrounding them, as a hush falls over the scene, like the quiet that arises when a fierce predator lies in wait. If Sophie looks at Tarin, she'll note a marked change in the fey. Although similar in form, the demeanor about her is simply... dangerous. "I can take it away from you."

Tarin will make a grab for Sophie's wrists, and try to pin her to the ground flat on her back. She's not actually inhumanely strong, but maybe Sophie will be caught off guard...

28. - Top - End - #778
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Sophie is definetly caught off guard and pinned to the ground - she's not very strong and she wasn't expecting it at all. Tarin! What are you doing?! She asks, confused and scared.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

[Garden]

"Shhhhhhh. Be quiet. Be still." Once more, there is no physical change, but still Tarin shifts into something... different. Her presence extends from beyond the boundaries and lines of the physical form, unshaped tendrils of being reaching beyond her... and towards Sophie. If not stopped, they will reach into the woman's being, and seize upon her somehow, wrapping around part of her being before trying to rip and tear it from her.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Titan in the Playground

[Garden]

Sophie stops to struggle... but something else begins to. Once Tarin begins to interfere with the Hunter on a metaphysical level, as it were, her being suddenly becomes fixed and immutable and Tarin will hear voices crying out in a chorus.

NO.
    OURS.
    LEAVE.
    Last edited by Morty; 2011-11-15 at 11:36 AM.