New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy saw the whole thing.

It all happened so quickly, but every moment burned its way into his mind. He heard the shot go off. A moment later, the hail of buckshot came rocketing out of the vampony's head, a mere inches from his face. Then came the blood. You don't quite realize just how much of it is in a pony's head until it explodes in front of your eyeballs. A red hail of brains, bits of bone, and black vampony blood peppered the little stallion's face and forelegs. And then it just stopped. The body of the older pegasus stallion fell onto him as so much dead weight, and finally lay still.

He lifted a foreleg, not to push it off, but to get a better look at the impossible reality in front of him. His hoof slowly, trembling, etched a path through the blood, poking at a bit of brain, convincing himself this was all really happening, and not just some sick dream. Somepony floated a long, thick wooden stake into view; it took him a moment to realize that was his magic. It hovered closer, until it was resting on his forehooves. He stared dumbly at the blood-splattered tool, dots slowly connecting in his raging mind. "I...I had more stakes," he said, quietly and with an eerie calm in his voice. "I didn't...didn't need help. He didn't do anythin' wrong, he didn't....didn't have...didn't have to....to..." Daniel's weak mental reinforcements snapped like a twig. His whole body started to tremble as silent tears poured down his face. He made no move to get up, nor tried to move the body; he simply laid back and wept bitterly, holding onto the body of the dead townspony.

(tldr: Sandy is lying under the body of the dead vampony, making no effort to pick himself up. He's in bad shape, mentally/emotionally.)
    Silverpine lowered his still-smoking shotgun, relieved that his aim was true. He had been cutting it close there, chancing a shot so close to his friend. An inch to the righ and his friend would blown right off with the vampony.

"Sandy!" he cried out, breaking into a canter towards his fallen friend. A quick glance about showed that the other two enemy was being safely handled by the others. Chancing that no enemy would come by at least for a few moments, he slung his shotgun over his back and began pushing the dead vampony pegasus off Sandy.

"C'mon, Sandy. We have to move. Get up," Silverpine urged, not paying heed to Sandy's odd inflection and behaviour. Nor did he pay any attention to the stake that Sandy grasped in his forehooves and within easy reach of his neck.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-28 at 06:41 AM.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

Vamponies of the Noche

Miss M was wrestling with the vampony pegasus Rainbow had been dealing with, again, she was trying to be non lethal, but its so hard making sure your blows to the head don't accidentally make the heads go too. "Somepony! Slide me over a stake!"

The little buck proved to be strong, vampony strength and all and began to pull Daniel up with him, at least until Daniel staked his little flank and nerfed him. He looked to be in pain trying to shake the stake out. He faltered along with apparently acquiring some hoof shaped bruises from a certain rogue, those didn't go away and were wearing him down.

Zephyr and Gearstride stood with wide eyes at the sight of the dead vampony. Unlike the other ones that died and sorta just disappeared away, messily, but at least their bodies weren't there, this vampony was there and dead, and headless. Gearstride began to waver and fell onto her haunches as the weight of what was happening crashed down on her.

"I'm so sorry....that...was...that was my fault...if I wasn't so stupid and helped Sandy the right way...that pony would not have had to die at all...!"
    Zephyr immediately sprang to help Silverpine remove the headless vampony. Red tears coming down his eyes mixing in with the blood and juices from the vampony when it....yea.......on him too.

5 Dead
    5 Incapacitated
    2 Engaged

March march march
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-09-28 at 10:46 AM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

"Ehh, buck this verily." Daniel puts in a good couple of extra stabs on his rodeo buddy, then pushes off, using the stake that's still in as a place to grip, simultaneously spinning to gain momentum and twisting the 'knife' for pain points. When he comes around again, he slams downward as hard as he can and resumes stabbing with the other stake to whittle him down.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

4. - Top - End - #364
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine lowered his still-smoking shotgun, relieved that his aim was true. He had been cutting it close there, chancing a shot so close to his friend. An inch to the righ and his friend would blown right off with the vampony.

"Sandy!" he cried out, breaking into a canter towards his fallen friend. A quick glance about showed that the other two enemy was being safely handled by the others. Chancing that no enemy would come by at least for a few moments, he slung his shotgun over his back and began pushing the dead vampony pegasus off Sandy.

"C'mon, Sandy. We have to move. Get up," Silverpine urged, not paying heed to Sandy's odd inflection and behaviour. Nor did he pay any attention to the stake that Sandy grasped in his forehooves and within easy reach of his neck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Vamponies of the Noche

"I'm so sorry....that...was...that was my fault...if I wasn't so stupid and helped Sandy the right way...that pony would not have had to die at all...!"
    Zephyr immediately sprang to help Silverpine remove the headless vampony. Red tears coming down his eyes mixing in with the blood and juices from the vampony when it....yea.......on him too.

5 Dead
    5 Incapacitated
    2 Engaged
    The world around Sandy dissolved into a dull, roaring blur. He was running on autopilot, gripping the corpse tightly and heaving silent sobs that turned his cheeks into bloody slurry. All that existed was him, and the headless vampony in his legs. Not that he cared; his mind was in the past, re-living the moment. If he had staked it in the mouth. If he had staked it in the forelegs. If he had dodged instead of trying to push it back. If he had kicked its hind knees out. If he had blasted it with sand. If he had done something. And yet, with every 'what-if' he asked, nothing changed. The shot rang out, the bullets flew, the head erupted into mush, an innocent life was snuffed out.

Something stirred his attention back to the real world; the body between his legs was moving. The stallion stubbornly tightened his grip, only for the corpse to be shoved away by a powerful force. A wailing cry ripped from his throat as he rolled over in the dirt, feebly reaching for the headless vampony. "NO! I could save him! I could save him!" he shouted wildly. In his mad rush to somehow grab hold of the dead pony, he didn't notice the stake still clenched firmly in his forehoof. Again and again it stabbed into the dirt, pulling him ever closer to his headless prize.

(tldr: Sandy didn't let go of the corpse until Zephyr and Silverpine shoved it away. He is trying to crawl his way to the body, ignoring his two friends and the stake still clenched in his hoof.)
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow shook her head a she got up. She turned to Miss M. "Vamp lady. The bolt in his stomach has a wood shaft! Break in and stab him!"

Then she hears Sandy. Then forces her to clumsily gallop to him. Her mouth clamps on the blue pony's tail. She was an anchor. "Stmop. Stmop Smandy. We need toget the leader now to save the rest."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #366
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampony Showdown

With the vampony being able to stay hurt, Staccata doesn't let up. There aren't so many targets anymore, so she's able to not divide her attention. The rogue goes in for a couple more hoof punches and perhaps an uppercut just because that's how you always finish them.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

The world around Sandy dissolved into a dull, roaring blur. He was running on autopilot, gripping the corpse tightly and heaving silent sobs that turned his cheeks into bloody slurry. All that existed was him, and the headless vampony in his legs. Not that he cared; his mind was in the past, re-living the moment. If he had staked it in the mouth. If he had staked it in the forelegs. If he had dodged instead of trying to push it back. If he had kicked its hind knees out. If he had blasted it with sand. If he had done something. And yet, with every 'what-if' he asked, nothing changed. The shot rang out, the bullets flew, the head erupted into mush, an innocent life was snuffed out.

Something stirred his attention back to the real world; the body between his legs was moving. The stallion stubbornly tightened his grip, only for the corpse to be shoved away by a powerful force. A wailing cry ripped from his throat as he rolled over in the dirt, feebly reaching for the headless vampony. "NO! I could save him! I could save him!" he shouted wildly. In his mad rush to somehow grab hold of the dead pony, he didn't notice the stake still clenched firmly in his forehoof. Again and again it stabbed into the dirt, pulling him ever closer to his headless prize.

(tldr: Sandy didn't let go of the corpse until Zephyr and Silverpine shoved it away. He is trying to crawl his way to the body, ignoring his two friends and the stake still clenched in his hoof.)
    "Sandy! Get a hold of yourself!" Silverpine shook the unicorn by the shoulder, trying to get him to see sense. Something. "I'm sorry, Sandy, but he's was an unfortunate casualty. Now we must move before whoever is the leader gets away."

8. - Top - End - #368
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Cliche as it may seem, the honor and faith of the Code is unbreakable. If a paladin fails, then they have already fallen. Oh, and also I detect an obligatory lesson about thinking before acting, not that I paid attention, obviously." His armor fades back to black. "It quickly grows apparent that I should warn you to not do anything I do, should you wish to take the path."
    "So paladins can forget their morality too. I've heard bad things about the ones who do, but until now, I have never actually seen them."

Night Jewel considered a bit. "So what kind of paladin codes can be expected? There's only so many rules I can follow, and if I do choose the path of a paladin, I'll need to know if my rules are enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "You know how townsfolk officials are - 'go here, do this, no you can't have more information'. Alas, such is the life. I don't suppose you might be able to tell me more about your needs, and how I can help?"
    "My needs? They should be obvious. I am trapped in this place of heat, and have been so for hundreds of years. What I need is some kind of release."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

9. - Top - End - #369
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "So paladins can forget their morality too. I've heard bad things about the ones who do, but until now, I have never actually seen them."
    "The dangerous ones are those who do not realize that they have."

Night Jewel considered a bit. "So what kind of paladin codes can be expected? There's only so many rules I can follow, and if I do choose the path of a paladin, I'll need to know if my rules are enough."
    "In essence - Act with honor, respect legitimate authority, help those in need, and protect the innocent from those who seek to do them harm. Those form the basis, though obviously each has more to it."

"My needs? They should be obvious. I am trapped in this place of heat, and have been so for hundreds of years. What I need is some kind of release."
    "Oh. Um. Well...we could get you some water? Or..."

Wait, what? Sealbreaker?

It's quite obvious she's not here of her own violition, and the cause is likely magic. So, we simply need to-

I can already tell you're going to start using a dictionary...

"Or you could tell us exactly how to free you satisfactorily. Figuring it out could take us all week."
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2012-09-28 at 05:06 PM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

From the vampony crypt with love

Daniel's and Staccata's tussle with the young buck soon comes to an end as the little guy's body just can't handle the poison, Daniel's twisting assault with the stakey poison and Staccata's physical assaults that added to it. He just fell to the ground writhing.

And so Miss M did, stabbity stabbed that vampony multiple times with the wooden shaft until embedding it in the throat and punching the vampony to give them a concussion afterward.

5 Dead
    7 Incapacitated

March march march

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Then she hears Sandy. Then forces her to clumsily gallop to him. Her mouth clamps on the blue pony's tail. She was an anchor. "Stmop. Stmop Smandy. We need toget the leader now to save the rest."
    "Sandy! Get a hold of yourself!" Silverpine shook the unicorn by the shoulder, trying to get him to see sense. Something. "I'm sorry, Sandy, but he's was an unfortunate casualty. Now we must move before whoever is the leader gets away."
    Sharp, painful tugging kept Sandy from going any further. Not that the pain amounted to much; his senses were dulled by despair. Before he had a chance to break free, he found himself bodily picked up and shaken, throwing his world into even further disarray. The stallion nickered in frustration and flailed his forelegs wildly, stake still in hoof. It was Silverpine's good fortune that his friend was so short; with Sandy's short legs, the worst he could do was give him the odd gash on his leg. A good stabbing, when not using a thin, sharp knife, was rather difficult when you were completely senseless.

From the discordant noise around him, two voices synchronized and burst through. Something about...a leader. What leader? The leader of the enemy. The one who was responsible for all this. But how could he be to blame, when the culprit was right here? As soon as the thought crossed his addled mind, the wind left his sails entirely. The little stallion slumped over in Silverpine's grip, not even bothering to look his friend in the eye. How could he? "He...he's dead...an' all 'cause...'cause I'm no good...rotten...awful...cursed...c-c-cursed..." he sobbed. The black blood and brains dripped from his face onto Silverpine's hooves.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

He takes a moment to roll off the writhing vampire and catch his breath. Then casually bops the thing on the head. That'll teach it.

Then he hears the marching. A supporter's work is never done.

He picks his way through the battlefield at a trot and gets his bow back, digging through his pack for six more arrows, three of which he immediately nocks. These ones look strange, though. There's a symbol almost like a flame on- oh.

"Still at the top of my game, cap. Orders, or you wanna hear my tactical assessment?"

[Normal Arrows Left: 1 (immediate) and 20 (bag)]
    [Fire Arrows Left: 3 (immediate) 2 (bag)]

13. - Top - End - #373

Vampony Showdown

"If you're that worried, I have a sneaking suspicion that whatever is making that noise isn't going to take the time to scold you,"
    Staccata says while turning towards the source of the noise. Of course, she's got her dagger out and likely to not give a flying feather if there's the same amount of vamponies as last time.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Sharp, painful tugging kept Sandy from going any further. Not that the pain amounted to much; his senses were dulled by despair. Before he had a chance to break free, he found himself bodily picked up and shaken, throwing his world into even further disarray. The stallion nickered in frustration and flailed his forelegs wildly, stake still in hoof. It was Silverpine's good fortune that his friend was so short; with Sandy's short legs, the worst he could do was give him the odd gash on his leg. A good stabbing, when not using a thin, sharp knife, was rather difficult when you were completely senseless.

From the discordant noise around him, two voices synchronized and burst through. Something about...a leader. What leader? The leader of the enemy. The one who was responsible for all this. But how could he be to blame, when the culprit was right here? As soon as the thought crossed his addled mind, the wind left his sails entirely. The little stallion slumped over in Silverpine's grip, not even bothering to look his friend in the eye. How could he? "He...he's dead...an' all 'cause...'cause I'm no good...rotten...awful...cursed...c-c-cursed..." he sobbed. The black blood and brains dripped from his face onto Silverpine's hooves.
    Silverpine frowned. He never heard his friend so distraught before. What happened to the good old reliable Sandy Shores whom he had travelled with all these years on the Cirrus? The trembling stallion he was holding here on his hooves was a pale husk.

He decided to try a different tack. His voice grew stern, formal. "Sergeant Shores. Get a grip. You are not to be blamed for these. The one... the leader is responsible for this. Not you. Never you."

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Silverpine frowned. He never heard his friend so distraught before. What happened to the good old reliable Sandy Shores whom he had travelled with all these years on the Cirrus? The trembling stallion he was holding here on his hooves was a pale husk.

He decided to try a different tack. His voice grew stern, formal. "Sergeant Shores. Get a grip. You are not to be blamed for these. The one... the leader is responsible for this. Not you. Never you."
    Now this wasn't the Sandy she fell for, not this pessimistic depressed pony. Rainbow pulled Sandy off of Silverpine and Sat him up straight. "We'll avenge them. But to do that we have to go. Now, Sandy."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

16. - Top - End - #376
    Dwarf in the Playground

"The dangerous ones are those who do not realize that they have."
    "That is a problem. When they decide that they must be perfectly good, so that whenever someone questions them, that pony is wrong..." Night Jewel shook her head. "At least I know I'm not perfect."

"In essence - Act with honor, respect legitimate authority, help those in need, and protect the innocent from those who seek to do them harm. Those form the basis, though obviously each has more to it."
    Night Jewel thought about this. "Honour? Depends on your definition. Respect authority? I'm not really the obedient type. Help those in need? Probably. Protect the innocent? Definitely. So I'm about halfway there."

"Oh. Um. Well...we could get you some water? Or..."

Wait, what? Sealbreaker?

It's quite obvious she's not here of her own violition, and the cause is likely magic. So, we simply need to-

I can already tell you're going to start using a dictionary...

"Or you could tell us exactly how to free you satisfactorily. Figuring it out could take us all week."
    "It has been so long since I last saw water. Still, I have no need of it. It would simply scald me down here."

Flare glanced at the sphere around her. "All I know is that I cannot leave this place. I cannot alter the spell, but it should be breakable in the normal ways."

"Which means what? Ya know I don't have any of yar magical stuff!" Blades twitched ominously.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Vampony Shenanigans in the OK Corral

"Very well Daniel just---"
    Whizz! Gearstride froze as a bullet flew past her cheek, grazing it leaving a hot pinkness behind. "Shhhi---" No sooner had the sound came out another one flew hitting an inch before her feet. She got the message and dove for cover behind a half broken stone pillar that was mostly covered in darkness, this area at least.

Bang bang bang bang March. Stop. Bang bang bang bang bang!

Bullets wildly from the direction they had traveled from, folks better find some cover, or not, its cool too to take one between the eyes. Kinda like what happened to Zephyr as he keeled over. "ahhh...nnnnggggh....gack..."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Whizz! Gearstride froze as a bullet flew past her cheek, grazing it leaving a hot pinkness behind. "Shhhi---" No sooner had the sound came out another one flew hitting an inch before her feet. She got the message and dove for cover behind a half broken stone pillar that was mostly covered in darkness, this area at least.

Bullets wildly from the direction they had traveled from, folks better find some cover, or not, its cool too to take one between the eyes. Kinda like what happened to Zephyr as he keeled over. "ahhh...nnnnggggh....gack..."
    "Bloody hell. Take cover!" Silverpine shouted, diving onto both Rainbow and Sandy, pushing them to the floor. At least they were presenting a lower profile to the shooter that way. "Move! Go!" he hissed, pushing the two forward.

Just a little way ahead, another series of intact pillars. Just enough to provide cover for the three of them. If only they could make it through all the fifteen feet of open space that lay in between. Perhaps the darkness would help.

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Now this wasn't the Sandy she fell for, not this pessimistic depressed pony. Rainbow pulled Sandy off of Silverpine and Sat him up straight. "We'll avenge them. But to do that we have to go. Now, Sandy."
    Not his fault? It was some small comfort that they didn't accuse him, but he could heap on enough blame on himself for ten ponies. He could see all the ways he could've handled that differently, they couldn't. They didn't know, couldn't know. They weren't there. They didn't have an innocent pony's blood on their hooves. If they wanted to avenge that pony's death, then all they had to do was drive a stake through his own heart and be done with it.

Their stern words brought a distant thought to light; the mission. Yes...yes that was right, they were on a mission. They had to stop the vamponies from attacking the town and hauling off more ponies to be turned. The last vestiges of his sanity clung to that little bit of reality for dear life. Maybe if he just kept walking he would somehow stop seeing that vampony's face in his mind, mangled and twisted with buckshot. Maybe the emptiness in his chest would go away too. But even as he reached out for hope, in the back of his mind, he knew it was only wishful thinking. Who was he to think he could escape his punishment?

As Rainbow sat the stallion up, he wavered, but remained upright. Slowly, he got to his hooves, all the while not taking his eyes off the ground. His motions were lifeless, forced.

"Bloody hell. Take cover!" Silverpine shouted, diving onto both Rainbow and Sandy, pushing them to the floor. At least they were presenting a lower profile to the shooter that way. "Move! Go!" he hissed, pushing the two forward.

Just a little way ahead, another series of intact pillars. Just enough to provide cover for the three of them. If only they could make it through all the fifteen feet of open space that lay in between. Perhaps the darkness would help.
    And then he got tackled. Really, it was like pushing over a burnt-out house; he offered no resistance and crumbled on contact. Once on the floor, the dead-eyed stallion slowly started crawling, acting entirely on training and instinct. He had his orders, all he had to do was keep following them.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Barbarian in the Playground

"That's very odd you know?....I mean...yea...odd....well...it ain't so bad...guarding....doing the guard thing you know? Yea."
    Idle Chat said with a slight bob of his head.
    She just sighs
    "I guess not everypony gets told to do the same things.... Especially by military traditionalists, for getting their acceptance...."
    She just shakes her legs for not getting them numb
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-09-29 at 03:04 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "That is a problem. When they decide that they must be perfectly good, so that whenever someone questions them, that pony is wrong..." Night Jewel shook her head. "At least I know I'm not perfect."
    "Welcome to the special club of reality."

Night Jewel thought about this. "Honour? Depends on your definition. Respect authority? I'm not really the obedient type. Help those in need? Probably. Protect the innocent? Definitely. So I'm about halfway there."
    "Honor can be stretched as a definition in this case. Most of it is up to the individual, though some things such as 'do not act like a complete psychopath' remain the same.

Also, you may notice I said 'legitimate' authority. A paladin still has freedom of choice when it comes to orders. If somepony in a position of authority gives you an order that you would do because it is right anyway, then following it does no harm. In fact, playing a small game of nobility helps in certain cases. For example if a noble thinks you are acting purely because they said so, they will think of you as an agent and PR campaign poster colt.

This can provide you with a reputation and resources, though I advise caution on this front. Ponies in power can be more devious than the worst devils.

You can of course feel free to simply ignore tyrants and the like. Or bring them down. Whichever."

"It has been so long since I last saw water. Still, I have no need of it. It would simply scald me down here."

Flare glanced at the sphere around her. "All I know is that I cannot leave this place. I cannot alter the spell, but it should be breakable in the normal ways."

"Which means what? Ya know I don't have any of yar magical stuff!" Blades twitched ominously.
    It means I regret not having Stellar here.

Shush.

"Remember Stellar's exposee on how to defeat magic? Counter, Block, Nullify. In this case there'd be destroy, too. Blocking isn't an option since it's sustained, we can't counter it if we don't know what it is, so we either need an antimagic field...

Or we could try stabbing the field and see what happens."

"Hah! They grew brains!" Daniel grabs his arrows and dives behind cover. "Everypony stay cosy 'till they close! This isn't the movies, and they'll run out!"

22. - Top - End - #382

Vampony and Armed Whoever Showdown

Staccata dives for some cover, trying to get a look at the ponies shooting. She tries to find a position that provides some flanking. Worse comes to worse, she needs to have a sneak attack position.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow

"Long ranged combat." says Rainbow as she runs for cover in the bushes. She ducks down and peers down the sights on her scope of her now loaded crossbows.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #384
    Troll in the Playground

Firefight!

Bang bang bang bang

Looking at the direction where the shots were being shot from, one could see a group of ponies in police uniforms marching in, reloading and shooting. In the back, a rather large mustached pony was wielding a M70 grenade launcher, strapped to his side, reminiscent to battle saddles from a certain ya know what....why I don't even...oi vey...

Chkt

A grenade sailed towards the center as the whole chamber shook as large slabs of stone from the ceiling fell towards our heroes.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    She just sighs
    "I guess not everypony gets told to do the same things.... Especially by military traditionalists, for getting their acceptance...."
    She just shakes her legs for not getting them numb

"You can sit down a bit ya know?"
    Idle offered the idea as he watched her a bit.

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ettin in the Playground

Firefight!

Bang bang bang bang

Looking at the direction where the shots were being shot from, one could see a group of ponies in police uniforms marching in, reloading and shooting. In the back, a rather large mustached pony was wielding a M70 grenade launcher, strapped to his side, reminiscent to battle saddles from a certain ya know what....why I don't even...oi vey...

Chkt

A grenade sailed towards the center as the whole chamber shook as large slabs of stone from the ceiling fell towards our heroes.

----------------------------------------------------------

"You can sit down a bit ya know?"
    Idle offered the idea as he watched her a bit.
    "Buck." That was the only word that could truly describe Silverpine's feeling at the moment. Aside from the obviously out-of-place police ponies suddenly firing on them for no reason, they were now in danger of being crushed by rubble and fragged by random grenades. "Damnit, Sandy," he muttered as he sprinted the last few feet to get behind the relative safety of a pillar. Seeing Sandy still crawling slowly towards them, he stuck his body out and quickly dragged him along, probably exposing himself towards gunfire again in the process.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbows

Rainbow scans the weaponry of the police. "Orders, sir?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Firefight!

Bang bang bang bang

Chkt

"Buck." That was the only word that could truly describe Silverpine's feeling at the moment. Aside from the obviously out-of-place police ponies suddenly firing on them for no reason, they were now in danger of being crushed by rubble and fragged by random grenades. "Damnit, Sandy," he muttered as he sprinted the last few feet to get behind the relative safety of a pillar. Seeing Sandy still crawling slowly towards them, he stuck his body out and quickly dragged him along, probably exposing himself towards gunfire again in the process.
    Bullets whizzed, rocks fell, Sandy paid it all no mind. He had his orders; go crawl behind those pillars over there. And he would follow them. Maybe if his luck truly was with him, one of those bullets would sail just a little lower, or maybe one of those rocks would fall in just the right spot, and then everything would be nice and simple again. But alas, that was not his fate today. Despite being out from cover, the stallion didn't even take a grazing shot and hardly a pebble landed on his head.

When Silverpine reached out to grab him, he stumbled the last few feet into cover, potentially aiding his friend's efforts.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

"Hey fun fact; bulletproof doesn't mean arrowproof. Or fire-retardant. I could use some flashy cover fire!"

He loads two arrows and shoots into the group whenever there's a pause in fire. As a bonus, from this position, he can readily get more arrows from his bag if he runs out. It all depends on time...

29. - Top - End - #389

Daniel

"Hey fun fact; bulletproof doesn't mean arrowproof. Or fire-retardant. I could use some flashy cover fire!"

He loads two arrows and shoots into the group whenever there's a pause in fire. As a bonus, from this position, he can readily get more arrows from his bag if he runs out. It all depends on time...
    Vampony/Police Showdown

"That is an incredibly terrible idea,"
    Staccata mentions relatively safe from explosions and gunfire behind... is this a stone coffin? Ugh, if they keep shooting and it degrades it's going to get all creepy.

But to the point, the mare knows that firing is the one way to prevent nice calm talking that you can easily just knock ponies out with a hoof to the back of the head.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Honor can be stretched as a definition in this case. Most of it is up to the individual, though some things such as 'do not act like a complete psychopath' remain the same.
    "All right. Just follow my own standards. I can do that."

Also, you may notice I said 'legitimate' authority. A paladin still has freedom of choice when it comes to orders. If somepony in a position of authority gives you an order that you would do because it is right anyway, then following it does no harm. In fact, playing a small game of nobility helps in certain cases. For example if a noble thinks you are acting purely because they said so, they will think of you as an agent and PR campaign poster colt.

This can provide you with a reputation and resources, though I advise caution on this front. Ponies in power can be more devious than the worst devils.

You can of course feel free to simply ignore tyrants and the like. Or bring them down. Whichever."
    "So basically, follow authorities when they're doing the right thing? Sounds pretty much redundant to me." Night Jewel chuckled. "Maybe this won't be so hard for even a rebellious type like me after all."

"Remember Stellar's exposee on how to defeat magic? Counter, Block, Nullify. In this case there'd be destroy, too. Blocking isn't an option since it's sustained, we can't counter it if we don't know what it is, so we either need an antimagic field...

Or we could try stabbing the field and see what happens."
    As soon as Arvadraa finished, a knife went flying right through the field and struck Obsidian Flare in the side.

"Huh!" remarked Blades as she prepared to throw another dagger. "It flew clean through! It's like it wasn't even there."

The unicorn seemed mostly annoyed at her injury. "This time, aim further away from me. I forgot how painful sharp objects can be."