New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [FwM] Bridle Shores 90210-Mlp without the Kiddy Thread XIII

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "All right. Just follow my own standards. I can do that."

"So basically, follow authorities when they're doing the right thing? Sounds pretty much redundant to me." Night Jewel chuckled. "Maybe this won't be so hard for even a rebellious type like me after all."
    "Except for the part where your entire life is one long sacrifice for the greater good. That may become grating."

As soon as Arvadraa finished, a knife went flying right through the field and struck Obsidian Flare in the side.

"Huh!" remarked Blades as she prepared to throw another dagger. "It flew clean through! It's like it wasn't even there."

The unicorn seemed mostly annoyed at her injury. "This time, aim further away from me. I forgot how painful sharp objects can be."
    "Wait. Wait. Okay. It doesn't block physical objects. Which means that barring some complication you could just walk out. The complication being..." She tosses a few shadowbolts at the field to test her theory - pure magic energy that won't pass if that's what it contains.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Bang, baby, Bang

Rainbow would find no answer from the captain. Zephyr was trying to pop the bullet out. Miss M was being a bullet sponge for the felled vamponies and trying to get them away to the side. These...officers didn't seem mind some friendly fire on what could be assumed as vampony allies.

Daniel got his wish of flashy cover fire in the form of a grenade headed his way, at him, from where Gearstride was supposedly at. He could try hitting it and having it explode in his face, stand still and have it explode in his face, or get out of the way and have it explode where his face was at.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Orders, sir. Captain! Lieutenant! Orders or I'll engage." The sights of a crossbow takes on the head of a backrow shooter. Then it lowers to its heart.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Bang, baby, Bang

Rainbow would find no answer from the captain. Zephyr was trying to pop the bullet out. Miss M was being a bullet sponge for the felled vamponies and trying to get them away to the side. These...officers didn't seem mind some friendly fire on what could be assumed as vampony allies.

Daniel got his wish of flashy cover fire in the form of a grenade headed his way, at him, from where Gearstride was supposedly at. He could try hitting it and having it explode in his face, stand still and have it explode in his face, or get out of the way and have it explode where his face was at.
    Silverpine winced as a bullet whizzed past his right ear, close enough that he could feel the slight rush of air that accompanied it, along with the whizzing sound. "Stay here, Sandy," he said, pulling the engineer close to make sure he didn't accidentally slip out into the open.

One shell left in his shotgun. He'd have to make it count. Silverpine chanced a peek around the pillar, and if he spotted any policepony out in the open, he would open fire, aiming for the legs. Can't shoot with buckshots in your knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    "Orders, sir. Captain! Lieutenant! Orders or I'll engage." The sights of a crossbow takes on the head of a backrow shooter. Then it lowers to its heart.
    "Non-lethal only until otherwise ordered. You heard the captain!" Silverpine shouted back.
    Last edited by Grif; 2012-09-30 at 02:14 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine winced as a bullet whizzed past his right ear, close enough that he could feel the slight rush of air that accompanied it, along with the whizzing sound. "Stay here, Sandy," he said, pulling the engineer close to make sure he didn't accidentally slip out into the open.
    Sandy plopped his haunches down obediently, rocking back and forth as he sat. This sitting still, it was maddening. Nothing to do, nothing to keep himself busy, nothing between him and...and that face in his head. Rending, tearing, exploding, bleeding, dying, so much blood, all over his face, all over his legs, bits of brain, "...urrrk." The engineer winced and held his stomach, tasting bile again. He tried to just focus on the sounds around him, the bullets whizzing, the rocks falling, a constant stream of distractions to throw in the way of his memory.

(Just to confirm, Silverpine isn't responding to Rainbow?)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-09-30 at 02:12 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel

Adrenaline rush. Slow-mo. Split-second. All the time in the world. A smirk. Two legs, braced against a wall. One grenade, sailing slowly toward oblivion. One direction, wherever the truth was at. Push. Twist. Fire. Roll. Aim. Whatever's there...whenever for how.

(Translation: Daniel pushes off the wall for a jump over the grenade, twisting in midair to fire a flamer into the hostile group, then rolls to a standing position right next to Gearstride's cover, the other nocked arrow ready to give a new face to anything bad that's in there.)
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

Vampolicepony Showdown

Counting on the guns and explosions dampening voices a bit from the new attackers, Staccata decides to try and have a conversation with the nice ponies the next piece of cover over.

"You know if we all stopped jumping around they'd stop shooting and go in to investigate. We jump on them then, they can't use firearms or explosives without killing each other. Hell, knock a few out and they might even be chatty."
    That last part was just dripping with her usual sarcasm.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Cops and Vamponies

"Officer, right straight ahead, a flying flamer," Barked a glossy eyed police pony in a bullet/bolt/kind arrow prood vest. "The rest of you, stand down, save your ammo."

"Yes, sir," Complied a glossy eyed unicorn officer as he grabbed the flaming arrow with telekinisis and snapped in half, snuffed it out, and tossed it to the side. The other glossy eyed officers held back, reloading, including the big guy in his protective uniform who began to reload his M70 grenade launcher with the help of another pony. Five were in protective vests, the rest in regular blue uniform with M19MLPs .45 guns. Their utility belts also holding taser guns, batons, hoof cuffs, walkie talkies, extra ammo packs, and flashlights.

"Those were warning shots, now you criminals, turn yourselves in or we will shoot to kill," The officer who we'll just say is the police captain. Though of course....there was Zephyr, who got shot in the head even if he's fine and alive, and then there was the grenade launched by their guy. They may not actually be hearing what they're saying.
    ----

Daniel would find nothing there where he landed, excepted for something having had been dragged away according to the dust print markings.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Vampolicepony Showdown

Counting on the guns and explosions dampening voices a bit from the new attackers, Staccata decides to try and have a conversation with the nice ponies the next piece of cover over.

"You know if we all stopped jumping around they'd stop shooting and go in to investigate. We jump on them then, they can't use firearms or explosives without killing each other. Hell, knock a few out and they might even be chatty."
    That last part was just dripping with her usual sarcasm.
    "Like I'm sure the mindless thralls will be so very concerned with accidentally killing eachother."

Cops and Vamponies

"Officer, right straight ahead, a flying flamer," Barked a glossy eyed police pony in a bullet/bolt/kind arrow prood vest. "The rest of you, stand down, save your ammo."

"Yes, sir," Complied a glossy eyed unicorn officer as he grabbed the flaming arrow with telekinisis and snapped in half, snuffed it out, and tossed it to the side. The other glossy eyed officers held back, reloading, including the big guy in his protective uniform who began to reload his M70 grenade launcher with the help of another pony. Five were in protective vests, the rest in regular blue uniform with M19MLPs .45 guns. Their utility belts also holding taser guns, batons, hoof cuffs, walkie talkies, extra ammo packs, and flashlights.

"Those were warning shots, now you criminals, turn yourselves in or we will shoot to kill," The officer who we'll just say is the police captain. Though of course....there was Zephyr, who got shot in the head even if he's fine and alive, and then there was the grenade launched by their guy. They may not actually be hearing what they're saying.
    ----

Daniel would find nothing there where he landed, excepted for something having had been dragged away according to the dust print markings.
    "Oh, terribly sorry, officer. But you didn't read us our rights OR announce yourselves as law enforcement, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to surrender, as a member of Canterlot Internal Affairs." Daniel stalls, keeping his arrow pointed ahead and CAREFULLY following the dust print markings.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Rainbow stares at the bazooka's barrel. The opening was just big enough for a flu flu bolt to fit in, so she fires.

[Bolts: Loaded (3 Normal), Bag (7 Normal, 2 Flu Flu, 3 Giant, 3 Trick)]
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

11. - Top - End - #401
    Barbarian in the Playground

"You can sit down a bit ya know?"
    Idle offered the idea as he watched her a bit.
    "Oh, thanks"
    she nodded and sat down, then just sighed
    "It's... Not exactly nice having to do that, especially when you're different"
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    "Oh, thanks"
    she nodded and sat down, then just sighed
    "It's... Not exactly nice having to do that, especially when you're different"

"Different? Whatcha mean?"

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Cops and Vamponies

----

"What the hay is going on?" Silverpine said, belatedly realising he was about to fire on The Law. The Cirrus may be on the somewhat morally grey end of the spectrum, but they always respected The Law. Here's The Law saying they were criminals.

Buck that.

"I don't suppose any of you could sneak away while we distract them?" Silverpine hollered back to Staccata and anypony else interested to hear.

14. - Top - End - #404

"Different? Whatcha mean?"
    She lowered her face a bit
    "Like, when they're all part of the Royal Guard, and are so proud of it that when one member gets a different talent and cutie mark.... They're outright horrified and won't accept it.... instead they send that member somewhere to "explore" until their talent shows any relation to military; if it doesn't..... they keep sending that on to other places and won't accept as a member..."
    She sighs, half annoyed, half scared
    "I kind of lost track, I think.... And this is my first time at being a guard, at least by myself....But I haven't heard lately that being over here was safe at all....Maybe they did too..."
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - Not even bullets for company]

Now the shooting had stopped. In his state, Sandy had only a dim grasp of the situation; things were shooting at them, and they were trying not to get shot. Anything beyond that just melted into the headless form of the dead townspony. And now he didn't even have the situation to distract himself with. The silence following their temporary cease-fire sought to drive him mad. The little stallion started twitching nervously, darting to look where the bullets were coming from, then glancing up at his friend, and then down to fidget with hooves, only to repeat it all again. Orders, retreat, fight, death, just give him something to make the silence go away.

16. - Top - End - #406

"I don't suppose any of you could sneak away while we distract them?" Silverpine hollered back to Staccata and anypony else interested to hear.
    Vampolicepony Showdown

Staccata just rolls her eyes at the whole 'stand down last worning blah blah I'm a jerk' spiel. If she had a bit for every time that happened... Anyway, it just seems that Silverpine is throwing ideas at the wall.

"Yes but wouldn't accomplish anything," she whispers back at the good Lt. "You still like the non-lethal stuff I might be able to make a distraction myself to start this off."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

17. - Top - End - #407

Aero
    "Mile's outside and Luka's still asleep, I believe."
    "And morning!"

He puts pancakes that are finished on one plate carefully, and begins cooking more.

---

Barb
    Barb snorts and trots out of the tent.
    Next pony she encounters is probably gonna get a rock in the face.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

<Insert moderately clever title with vamponies in it>

"Targets have fired, return fire immediately!"

Daniel's fleeting words go unheard as Rainbow shoots her bolt at them and they return fire in Rainbow's direction.

If Daniel's continues to CAREFULLY follow dust print markings it would lead him away from the group and into the recesses deeper into the crypt and nothing more as far as he could tell.

Unfortunately the flu flu bolt misses its intended target as another officer jumps in the way to protect his fellow glamoured comrade and their grenade launcher. He gets thoinked in the chest hard and glurks.

"Nnngh...be careful....these...folks....they aren't vamponies, by the look in their eyes...glamoured likely.."
    Miss M grunted as she stood in front of Rainbow's area, and let herself get pelted by bullets to keep Rainbow safe.
    -------

She lowered her face a bit
    "Like, when they're all part of the Royal Guard, and are so proud of it that when one member gets a different talent and cutie mark.... They're outright horrified and won't accept it.... instead they send that member somewhere to "explore" until their talent shows any relation to military; if it doesn't..... they keep sending that on to other places and won't accept as a member..."
    She sighs, half annoyed, half scared
    "I kind of lost track, I think.... And this is my first time at being a guard, at least by myself....But I haven't heard lately that being over here was safe at all....Maybe they did too..."
    Violet would soon, seconds later find the stallion wrapping her up in a hug. "THAT IS ONE OF THE SADDEST STORIES I'VE EVER HEARD." He began to comically sob, his eyes all big and watery with a cartoony pout and look to him.

"I'm sorry your family are unaccepting meanie farts. I accept you!"
    He melodramatically said. Meanwhile, Silent Snow in the guard booth face hoofed at Idle's silliness.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-10-01 at 12:20 PM.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Unfortunately the flu flu bolt misses its intended target as another officer jumps in the way to protect his fellow glamoured comrade and their grenade launcher. He gets thoinked in the chest hard and glurks.

"Nnngh...be careful....these...folks....they aren't vamponies, by the look in their eyes...glamoured likely.."
    Miss M grunted as she stood in front of Rainbow's area, and let herself get pelted by bullets to keep Rainbow safe.
    "I noticed that and the fact that you took it onto yourself to protecting without asking. Next time ask." she tells Miss M. "Can glamoured ponies see through smoke? We can set fire to something and gallop."
    Last edited by Orzel; 2012-10-01 at 04:33 PM. Reason: edited for clarity
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Aero
    "Mile's outside and Luka's still asleep, I believe."
    "And morning!"

He puts pancakes that are finished on one plate carefully, and begins cooking more.
    "Thanks!" she gives a smile back and grabs pancakes to a plate for herself, but then decides to just help him make more pancakes
    "Odd, he likes the morning cold..."
    Meanwhile they could hear Mile yeling outside "bees and honeeey-AHH! don't swarm around like that!"
    ----------------------------------------
    [Outside]
    "There's one of the colts, the little one"
    "And the others?"
    "Still inside..."

Barb
    Barb snorts and trots out of the tent.
    Next pony she encounters is probably gonna get a rock in the face.
    Turns out Doth let himself get hit intentionally, after she goes out she just puts a hoof on his chin
    "...Still can't figure it out, but maybe that could give an idea...."
    He just chuckles, then winces once, that stuff hurts.

Violet would soon, seconds later find the stallion wrapping her up in a hug. "THAT IS ONE OF THE SADDEST STORIES I'VE EVER HEARD." He began to comically sob, his eyes all big and watery with a cartoony pout and look to him.

"I'm sorry your family are unaccepting meanie farts. I accept you!"
    He melodramatically said. Meanwhile, Silent Snow in the guard booth face hoofed at Idle's silliness.
    She's just surprised by hug, then silliness
    "Eh... Yeah, maybe a bit sad, thinking of it... though I actually found it more scary and annoying than that, but if you say so... Thanks"
    She just hugged back for friendliness and stuff, but it would more look like she's comforting him
    "...though I'm here because I also kind of wanted too"
    Extended sig
    Bloody Screens
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

"Targets have fired, return fire immediately!"

Daniel's fleeting words go unheard as Rainbow shoots her bolt at them and they return fire in Rainbow's direction.

If Daniel's continues to CAREFULLY follow dust print markings it would lead him away from the group and into the recesses deeper into the crypt and nothing more as far as he could tell.

...Yeah, because I'm really gonna let that happen. Daniel thinks to himself, making sure his monocle is still in night-vision mode and nocking two more fire arrows.

"The hawk is leaving the nest, contain the forest fire until the chicks hatch." He shouts to the others over his shoulder, hoping to whichever princess might be listening at the moment that they understand but the guards don't. Then he runs straight into the darkness.

Like a boss.

22. - Top - End - #412

Vampony Clever Thing Following the Word "Vampony"

Staccata gives a little shake of the head towards Gearstride. "You want to flash them, I'll take care of our grenade issue."

If the good captain does so, Staccata will take a rather bold move, going in to buck the armored pony and attempting to thieverize the grenade launcher before moving to a different piece of cover.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Except for the part where your entire life is one long sacrifice for the greater good. That may become grating."
    "That should be relatively easy. I don't have a lot to lose. Just as long as I still have my freedom, I should be fine."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "Wait. Wait. Okay. It doesn't block physical objects. Which means that barring some complication you could just walk out. The complication being..." She tosses a few shadowbolts at the field to test her theory - pure magic energy that won't pass if that's what it contains.
    The magic struck the sphere and left part of it flickering temporarily.

"I see. So you can damage the barrier. Perhaps, with enough power or power applied properly, you could destroy it."

"Have ya ever tried that?"

"Yes. It seared me with power. I won't do it again."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "That should be relatively easy. I don't have a lot to lose. Just as long as I still have my freedom, I should be fine."
    "Freedom is not something easily taken, especially from us. Some find the code restricting, but when one embraces faith and a cause...fear and restriction both become meaningless. It is...euphoric."

The magic struck the sphere and left part of it flickering temporarily.

"I see. So you can damage the barrier. Perhaps, with enough power or power applied properly, you could destroy it."

"Have ya ever tried that?"

"Yes. It seared me with power. I won't do it again."
    "Whenever you use magic, or whenever you try to break free? I think we're starting to have a theory."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Troll in the Playground

"Cease fire, one pony down, maybe this will make the enemy reconsider!" Barked the glamored captain. "Tend to your fellow officer, Officer Bones." He ordered a random officer to tend to the police pony that took the flu flu bolt for Grenade Greg as I'll call the big stallion for now. The rest of the officers reloaded.

"Sir, I count six enemy ponies here, our information said there would be eight---"

"Glamored ponies.......... are just mind ..............controlled ponies, other than that........... their senses...are like yours...you ungrateful b-----" The explicit was cut out as she fell to the ground on her stomach with several bullets in her back, black blood pooling. "Nnng...fuu....ow...."

Staccata would get no response from Gearstride, nor would she see any signs of Gearstride.
    ----

Daniel of the Like A Boss-Deeper into the Crypts

The stallion's trail long gone earlier would become cold, literally too. It soon felt like he just stumbled into a labyrinth-like crypt here. Twisting passages with just the echoing sounds of his hoof steps. It smelled musty and like mold.
    ----

----

She's just surprised by hug, then silliness
    "Eh... Yeah, maybe a bit sad, thinking of it... though I actually found it more scary and annoying than that, but if you say so... Thanks"
    She just hugged back for friendliness and stuff, but it would more look like she's comforting him
    "...though I'm here because I also kind of wanted too"

He immediately stopped sobbing but still kept with the hug. "Oh? W-well, that's good too! Better than being 100 percent forced!"

26. - Top - End - #416

Vampolice Showdown

Lovely. Just lovely. Things were suddenly getting obscenely bad around here. Assuming that something terrible didn't just happen to everypony, they are at a loss for action. Time to rely on a cheap parlor trick, but hey, it's cutie-mark related for her.

Using the stone and echos and her already stated ability to throw and mask her voice, Staccata starts faking reinforcements.

"Just eight? Silly silly colt."
    From another piece of cover: "Well they are mind-controlled so they aren't exactly big on the upswing."
    Staccata is attempting to use the confusion to move into a more advantageous location, to either get a clear shot at the exit or go within striking distance of the big pony and his grenade launcher. If the latter is possible, he's hopefully not agile enough to stop her from lunge taking the thing.
    "Maybe we should give you another chance to give up?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Daniel of the Like A Boss-Deeper into the Crypts

The stallion's trail long gone earlier would become cold, literally too. It soon felt like he just stumbled into a labyrinth-like crypt here. Twisting passages with just the echoing sounds of his hoof steps. It smelled musty and like mold.
    ...It's been maybe two minutes. HOW. Daniel stops. Oh. Well. There's your problem.

With that thought, he starts running back the way he came, mind racing in an attempt to retrace his steps.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

[Sandy - I'm running out of traumatized soliloquies]

Sandy just kept sitting on his haunches, mindlessly scratching in the dirt and grit to keep himself distracted. In fact, seeing how they were at the cave entrance, there was quite a bit of dirt and sand-like materials about. If he were thinking clearly, he might've been able to devise some plan, but alas, he was too deep in his own shock and despair.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Vampolice Showdown

Lovely. Just lovely. Things were suddenly getting obscenely bad around here. Assuming that something terrible didn't just happen to everypony, they are at a loss for action. Time to rely on a cheap parlor trick, but hey, it's cutie-mark related for her.

Using the stone and echos and her already stated ability to throw and mask her voice, Staccata starts faking reinforcements.

"Just eight? Silly silly colt."
    From another piece of cover: "Well they are mind-controlled so they aren't exactly big on the upswing."
    Staccata is attempting to use the confusion to move into a more advantageous location, to either get a clear shot at the exit or go within striking distance of the big pony and his grenade launcher. If the latter is possible, he's hopefully not agile enough to stop her from lunge taking the thing.
    "Maybe we should give you another chance to give up?
    "Oh bloody hell." Silverpine racked his mind to at least try to salvage the situation. Magic he did not have. Non-lethal weapons were not an option for him. But Sergeant Shores did, even if he was a broken shell of his former self. He grabbed Sandy by the shoulder and shook him. "Sandy! We need you to create a sandstorm to blind them." His voice soften a little. "C'mon Sandy. Wake up. We need you."

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh bloody hell." Silverpine racked his mind to at least try to salvage the situation. Magic he did not have. Non-lethal weapons were not an option for him. But Sergeant Shores did, even if he was a broken shell of his former self. He grabbed Sandy by the shoulder and shook him. "Sandy! We need you to create a sandstorm to blind them."
    Sandy kept his head down, shaking like a broken doll. "Sand...storm?" he mumbled, sounding lost. "Sandstorms...that's wind...can't move wind...only sand...shifting sand...falling through...the whole company...manticores..." The stallions eyes grew unfocused, and the cave started to dissolve around him, taking him back to his luckless days in the army. "...rending...tearing...all of them...eating alive...running...behind me...can't escape...cursed...cursed for me..."

His voice soften a little. "C'mon Sandy. Wake up. We need you."
    In a flash, he was back in the cave. Maybe Silverpine finally broke through, maybe Sandy really was trying to claw his way back in control, or maybe he was just desperate for more distraction, but that single plea pierced the growing darkness in his mind. For once, Sandy lifted his head, looked his friend in the eye, and it seemed like he'd actually understood his voice. "I-I...I'll t-t-try..." he stammered out, weakly nodding.

Not even waiting for Silverpine to put him down, the little unicorn shut his eyes tight and his horn started sparking and fizzling. Every time he reached for the magic, he was greeted by the sight of the headless vampony. And every time, his concentration wavered amid pangs of guilt, before finally disappearing altogether as the spell was lost. But still he tried, again and again. The ground faintly sparkled, as motes of dust and dirt picked themselves up off the ground, only to fall back down after a short flight. Try as he might, he just couldn't hold onto the spell for long enough. "It...it's hard..." he moaned through gritted teeth, horn lighting up for what had to be the seventh time.

(Grif: Seeing how this'll likely end after one more post apiece, got the okay from Benson to keep going before the next DM post)
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-10-02 at 01:53 AM.