New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Short but sweet.

Ah, while you're online I was thinking about what we were talking about with Herzog. I don't remember the specifics, but I think you mentioned everything was kinda ok.

Anyway, I was thinking either alongside or instead of Sanctuary coming with an army to help my allies deal with the heretics we could try out a venture? It means an action more focussed on rooting out the Order of Fire and whether Umajin truly had done such a horrible thing 「though there is quite a bit of evidence against him already」. EDIT - If called, I'll still come with and help get rid of the terrorists. Yorukuninin would prefer /they/ were the only ones doing despicable things thank-you-very-much.

Maybe a PbP one if it's soon enough so Morph has more data on how they work over the various mediums. 「Of course, if Morph wants to run it. If he doesn't well... I guess no venture, it'll just be fluff」.
    That sounds... Awesome.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Rain Dragon:

As I'm leaving, you can keep both Kynvessa and the twins.

And 'they' is fine. Flip between female and agendered anyhow.

Waylander:

Not going to get into it. Don't see much point when I won't be around anyway. (That and I'm paranoid of arguments right now anyway. Last one I was in went quite badly for everybody involved.)
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-03-07 at 10:11 PM.

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Rain Dragon:

As I'm leaving, you can keep both Kynvessa and the twins.

And 'they' is fine. Flip between female and agendered anyhow.

Waylander:

Not going to get into it. Don't see much point when I won't be around anyway. (That and I'm paranoid of arguments right now anyway. Last one I was in went quite badly for everybody involved.)
    How do you think she'd act about all of this though? EDIT - I also completely understand if you don't want anything to do with the game right now and would prefer to leave my interpretation of Kynvessa to me. I totally understand if you don't want to read my tons of fluff, if you have questions shoot. Just remember High Prince Yuuhi near worships her as his wife.

I wanted to write her doing things in my last fluff post since I can't exactly write fluff about my secret action. EDIT - Though when you came back, I edited out her dialogue in my fluff there. She was telling Yuuhi he was being dumb basically. I was going to write High Prince Yuuhi reflecting on the day Kynvessa /really/ let him have her opinion if you think that sounds to character.

Ooohhh right. I think your inbox is still full. Did you have any name ideas on the two I suggested before or do you think they are fine as they are? EDIT - If everything cools down and you decide to come back, I'd named the daughter she had last round 'Valieth Varinel'. If that's no good I can quickly sort her out in my tree to the one you chose in the IC thread this round.

I understand and really hope you have a happier time in some other games. I'll have to watch for next time you try to get the Fae WW game running again. For sure I won't be doing controversial things to anger you there...! Probably...
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-07 at 10:26 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye, a lot of the stuff she was doing was stuff she set up - the tower, f'r instance. All designed to make absolutely sure that there would be no troubles about succession - it was meant to cause confusion and then take over Tekorva when Yuuhi died, as I was unclear on the difference between them and Sanctuary.

And aww, I'd have liked to see that. It sounds like she was acting quite in character.

Heh. I actually go by Raven most of the time, now. (Did I meet you before now? It's seeming like I did, but I don't remember you... Since November of two years ago, my memory's been pretty sucky.)

Fae's still going...? Lex-Kat is running it, but I'm playing.

Edit: Valineth is fine.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-03-07 at 10:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye, a lot of the stuff she was doing was stuff she set up - the tower, f'r instance. All designed to make absolutely sure that there would be no troubles about succession - it was meant to cause confusion and then take over Tekorva, as I was unclear on the difference between them and Sanctuary.

And aww, I'd have liked to see that. It sounds like she was acting quite in character.

Heh. I actually go by Raven most of the time, now. (Did I meet you before now? It's seeming like I did, but I don't remember you... Since November of two years ago, my memory's been pretty sucky.)

Fae's still going...? Lex-Kat is running it, but I'm playing.
    Ah I see. Where was the tower? 「Except Tekorva, as they don't really have towers.」 Tekorva's part of Sanctuary. I discovered and colonized my under-region in secret and it was finalized and revealed ready for round 6. Tekorva's full of the very open, honest friendly big hairy people.

Oh... Heh. I don't have a backup of it anymore, but I'll work on the final pieces of fluff keeping all of this in mind.

Oh neat. Raven is easier to type than C'nor. Yes. Ages ago though. We used to chat in the LGBT thread, but my friend somehow hacked my account and posted personal stuff in the LGBT thread... EDIT - Just plain 'Hatter' ring a bell? I requested a name change before hopping back into the GitP.

Oh, umm.

I removed the bookmark for it. Still playing though! Thanks. I'm a bit silly...

EDIT - Kynvessa's firstborn daughter, an heir to the Throne of Thorns is named Valineth now.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-07 at 10:42 PM.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey folks. I feel a little bad about doing this with all of the tension that's going on right now, but I am also leaving the game. I wish to stress that this has nothing to do with the recent conflicts. The Domhan Abhaile has always remained pretty neutral in the world events. I have nothing but the utmost respect for all persons involved in the game. However, due to a series of computer issues, and simply being all around busy, I do not have the proper amount of time to devote to the strategizing, diplomancing, scheming, and propagandizing this game requires. So I am withdrawing. I extend an invitation to the nations of Sympol, Qarimos, and Tekorva to take the Domhan for their own, to be arranged amongst the three of you. My only request is that you keep the faith of the Council of Spirits alive.

Morph, my nation's armies will be placed on a defensive footing. If one of those three nations claim the Domhan, in accordance with the stipulation I have left, then I wish them to be able to without issue. If any other nation attempts to, or if one of those three does not agree to the stipulation I have set, then I wish my armies to oppose them. My last five actions will be spent raising armies for these purposes. While I do not imagine my forces would be enough to stop, say, the GC from taking the Domhan, it will at least make it costly.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh. That does ring a bell! Good to see you again.

And probably in the Heartwaste, then. But she'll not have had to do so if she's not planning to flee, and it sounds like she'd be happy enough in that to not want to run off.

I'll go edit the fluff, though, got an idea for how to leave...

And if you want. Up to you.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post
    Hey folks. I feel a little bad about doing this with all of the tension that's going on right now, but I am also leaving the game. I wish to stress that this has nothing to do with the recent conflicts. The Domhan Abhaile has always remained pretty neutral in the world events. I have nothing but the utmost respect for all persons involved in the game. However, due to a series of computer issues, and simply being all around busy, I do not have the proper amount of time to devote to the strategizing, diplomancing, scheming, and propagandizing this game requires. So I am withdrawing. I extend an invitation to the nations of Sympol, Qarimos, and Tekorva to take the Domhan for their own, to be arranged amongst the three of you. My only request is that you keep the faith of the Council of Spirits alive.

Morph, my nation's armies will be placed on a defensive footing. If one of those three nations claim the Domhan, in accordance with the stipulation I have left, then I wish them to be able to without issue. If any other nation attempts to, or if one of those three does not agree to the stipulation I have set, then I wish my armies to oppose them. My last five actions will be spent raising armies for these purposes. While I do not imagine my forces would be enough to stop, say, the GC from taking the Domhan, it will at least make it costly.
    That's a shame. I'm sad to hear of your computer issues. Being someone who works with computers fairly regularly, troubleshooting certain issues can be a pain and resolving them far too costly.

I hope life treats you well.

While the beliefs of current day Tekorva and Domhan match, I think inner stresses are too much for Domhan Abhaile to properly fit in Sanctuary and it would be better story-wise if it were to become Sympol or Qarimos lands, so I leave it up to you two.

Though if you two want a tie-breaker on a vote, I think Qarmios and Domhan Abhaile fit together best but of course... Anything goes!

EDIT - To Raven - Alright then. Good to see you as well!

Well, if she went to visit Heartwaste to try to assist in communications between Sanctuary and the Fae Queen that makes a metric ton of sense so that's totally cool. In 365 then, Yuuhi anticipates her safe return.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-07 at 10:49 PM.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm taking a hiatus from EMPIRE this round.
    I leave Rain Dragon in charge this round if he wishes.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Go and come back well rested. It's a shame things are too stressful right now, so I hope everything's ok by you and life treats you well.

Actually, I have a GoogleDoc of my own plans in case life hits me too hard. Do you have any plans or wishes for next round? My plan with the doc of mine was if life hits me I can easily post actions and leave the computer for a week. Maybe you could do that or you could talk to Morph about it.

I don't want to make decisions on your behalf and I think the GM's more trustworthy to be unbiased as far as putting up five actions of your goal, but you can always have one round of inactivity and you probably won't be any the worse for wear for it.

EDIT - For round 7 here's a convenient thing for you to copy pasta - Sympolemou
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-07 at 10:54 PM.

11. - Top - End - #371

Go and come back well rested. It's a shame things are too stressful right now, so I hope everything's ok by you and life treats you well.

Actually, I have a GoogleDoc of my own plans in case life hits me too hard. Do you have any plans or wishes for next round? My plan with the doc of mine was if life hits me I can easily post actions and leave the computer for a week. Maybe you could do that or you could talk to Morph about it.

I don't want to make decisions on your behalf and I think the GM's more trustworthy to be unbiased as far as putting up five actions of your goal, but you can always have one round of inactivity and you probably won't be any the worse for wear for it.
    Generally, focusing on defending Eyrecradia and aiding Sympol
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

All these people having interesting deaths and the King of Ashenia just passed away in the night.

Edit: And I don't know if I'll be able to get fluff written up this turn, which will be a first for me. One's birthday combined with too many late nights chatting with Europeans saps one's strength.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-03-07 at 11:28 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ogre in the Playground

Aye aye. She might be a little delayed, but it won't matter that much - she'd prefer Yuuhi be with her anyway, so she'd ask for him to come to her.

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'll tell you a tale
    Of when time had no meaning
    When legend and history
    Walked hand in hand
    When the swords of the mighty
    Had bested the dragon
    But the elven still walked in the land.

The sun and the moon
    Were fixed in the heavens
    The whole world grew weary,
    The summer stood still
    A queen of great courage
    And the heart of a dragon
    Set her throne above the elf hill.

White rose, queen of the summer;
    White rose, queen of the fall;
    White, rose, the new guard will follow -
    White rose, the old guard will fall.

The queen on her throne
    Called the elven before her
    And said - 'Look around you;
    Time should march on.
    I ask you to bow down
    And make history the victor
    For the day of our legend is gone.'

Her people approached her
    To offer their blessings
    And each brought red roses
    To lay at her feet.
    The elven came forward
    To lay their last flowers;
    White as the summer's defeat...

White rose, queen of the summer
    White rose, queen of the fall.
    White rose, the new guard will follow;
    White rose, the old guard will fall.

Now the cycles of time
    Weave the world in their circles
    And the flower-crowned queens
    Are among us again.

While the elves have their places
    In the verses of legend
    But not in our history of men.

White rose, queen of the summer.
    White rose, queen of the fall.
    White rose, the new guard will follow;
    White rose, the old guard will fall...

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

This is going to sound very pedantic of me...
    But it is physically impossible for Umajin of Crima to be a heretic in the religion of the Lord of Fire. For that to be the case, he must be an adherent of that faith, as it is, he is a heathen, Calorum and Kasumor are the heretics.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

15. - Top - End - #375
    Ogre in the Playground

Engage pedant mode!

I do believe you mean something aside from 'physically'. Pretty sure that his body has nothing to do with it.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

I knew that would come back to bite me eventually.
    Here I'd put numerous possible defences of my word choice, but I'm eating lunch at the moment and it's easier just to admit fault.

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Trying to do an alliances map now... Just no... Here's a representative map of nations with more than one region under their control (excluding the under region of their native region/occupied region (that is to say an under region of a colored region may not belong to the one the color represents and regions without color may be two regions but they're right on top of each other and since the map is topographical...) Also, I totally didn't do a key, sorry. I'm too tired for that nonsense.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

18. - Top - End - #378
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Trying to do an alliances map now... Just no... Here's a representative map of nations with more than one region under their control (excluding the under region of their native region/occupied region (that is to say an under region of a colored region may not belong to the one the color represents and regions without color may be two regions but they're right on top of each other and since the map is topographical...) Also, I totally didn't do a key, sorry. I'm too tired for that nonsense.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sweet, Quinton! Hopefully Guilder'll go up on that map next turn. :D
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Generally, focusing on defending Eyrecradia and aiding Sympol
    Well, hopefully you and Morph manage to sort that out if you can't post the actions next week. It is pretty important Eyrecradia does that next round I admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    All these people having interesting deaths and the King of Ashenia just passed away in the night.
    Elder Jaten similarly died of old age in an uninteresting fashion...

Aye aye. She might be a little delayed, but it won't matter that much - she'd prefer Yuuhi be with her anyway, so she'd ask for him to come to her.
    Alright. Well umm... He has an empire to run unfortunately, and going to HW might be difficult for him. I guess they'll be apart for a while.

This is going to sound very pedantic of me...
    But it is physically impossible for Umajin of Crima to be a heretic in the religion of the Lord of Fire. For that to be the case, he must be an adherent of that faith, as it is, he is a heathen, Calorum and Kasumor are the heretics.
    This is true, but that doesn't really stop him hiring the assassin or what the nations in the very far East currently believe.

Engage pedant mode!

I do believe you mean something aside from 'physically'. Pretty sure that his body has nothing to do with it.
    Aha! Elemental has pedantic comments thrown back at him for once!

I knew that would come back to bite me eventually.
    Here I'd put numerous possible defences of my word choice, but I'm eating lunch at the moment and it's easier just to admit fault.
    Well, one of your defenses could be you were busy eating lunch and made a spelling mistake.

Trying to do an alliances map now... Just no...
    It's all so very... Mmm, yeah...

Sweet, Quinton! Hopefully Guilder'll go up on that map next turn. :D
    Considering you've been working towards it /forever/ mmm, yes.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Speaking of war, I was just looking at Quinton's numbers. How the heck does Loki Ethmorl have a winning tactic? Or is he using someone else's winning tactic? Can you do that?
    If two leaders are part of an army, one of them can do the military maneuvering and the other can utilize the Winning Tactic in the actual battle. The player doing the military maneuvering will of course need to spend an action on it.

I will clarify some rules on military maneuvering soon to clear some things up around it.

I was thinking of players controlling tribes allied in a coalition
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I asked Morph a very similar question concerning a particular Diarchy.
    I've thought some on it, and I figure it should be possible if two players are involved, though if they are actually controlling one region/country together they would each get a little less in the way of actions (like, four per player or such).

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    So uh... Morph...

I did the thing.
    Eeeexcelleeent.

Quick Note: I'm gonna try and write with clarity but I've spent the last 8 hours being a host at a chess festival for elementary kids so my brain might be a little loopy.
    The Doomkhan. In a dress. Teaching kids chess.

No wonder you're loopy.

(Seriously though, that sounds pretty swell. Cool of you to be part of that.)

@Assassins Did we ever come up with mechanics for this? How do we know who failed and who succeeded?
    Currently, I've put it as a Luck roll for the one performing it, countered by a Luck roll for the one who is attempted to be assassinated. (I figured a roll of half Military or half Diplomacy could also suffice.)

@Armies: I thought we were trying to keep this non-complicated? Let's not enter aging and economic impacts and stuff on having armies raised (and what economy anyway, the Stacks Standard?) Having being at war drain population growth is good and having a 1/3 cap on armies per region also keeps things alright. Making mechanics too hard is a surefire way to ruin the game.
    With how everyone seems to agree on that, I won't go through with that plan. However, I'm thinking of tripling population and putting armies at 1/10 of population max, which would effectively put their maximum at the same as it is now. I'll adjust population increases accordingly, otherwise armies will only increase a third as fast as otherwise.

@All the events: Host them all! I have a ton of stuff I need to do diplomatically anyway and getting more Diplomacy points doesn't hurt my feelings (If of course I'm not stuck doing more actions for this war)
    Host ALL the events!

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Uhhh because he's mortal? He's going to croak in like 3-4 turns probably. He's getting old and won't last much longer, despite the fire of his soul and the rage in his heart.

Let me make a clear, no nonsense statement: The Assassination failed, The Duke is fine and unharmed. He survived the Assassins, they failed to kill their primary target. The Dukes two children have died, Queek and Krick, not Bloodfang. They were cut down in the midst of the Assassination attempt, a casualty and messy byproduct of the attempt. The Duke is fine, two of his three sons are dead.
    Awww. Hadn't seen that. Darn assassins be everywhere.

Yes. So much yes.

I've already brainstormed the next Duke and how Bloodfang will transition out, and it is AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I have to second this. It takes all the fire out of my intended action for next round. I may have to do something else memorable.
    I just... wow. My end for the Doge was gonna be dramatic, but it is nothing like self-immolation. That's pretty intense stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    No joke! I thought Aditi and Devdan bowing out astride
    Giant Golden Fire Peacocks(tm) at the height of the Second Games was going to be the precipice of awesome... then this.

Curse your imagination, Wombat!
    I see a lot of people have come up with some memorable way for their rulers to go out. The Doomkhan, Shïnguard and king of Gunung go on a suicide mission (as well as the governor of Zargrim). Gareth immolates himself. The Doge--who might've otherwise been part of the suicide of the aforementioned mission--has some event planned; as has Doomduke Bloodfang. Mosi ascends to... something! And so on and so forth. Man. It's almost as if the Blazing Avatar's murder caused a desire to chase after him into the next life.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    I know I don't have any say, as I haven't actually joined the game, just watching currently, but C'nor, you said you were leaving. You shouldn't still be here.
    Please don't jump into drama, especially with no knowledge of the context.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    I want to join, I'm just not entirely sure what I need to do to join.
    As Sam noted, you write up the fluff for a region yourself. Three terrain features, three resources, the appearance and culture of the people, and the religion they adhere to; plus rolling stats for your ruler. For more, see the "Starting: The Basics" spoiler in the OP.

Out of the available regions, two aren't being colonized, but they do have some predetermined stuff, if you like that.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Region 42 has been discovered by Alydaxis! It has 19000 people, a Good amount of limestone, and one other Good resource to be determined by the first successful colonizer.

Region 43 has been discovered by Ashenia! It has 39000 people, a Good amount of voidbeasts, and one other Great resource to be determined by the first successful colonizer. It is currently ruled by Hartigan Biûrkahâd, who rules from Heartgouger's Tower, where allegedly Crown Prince/King Hazael III is being held for ransom. Hartigan Biûrkahâd has an army of 4000 warpainted men and women.

If you prefer to fully determine the region yourself, you may claim region 39. Or you can tell me whether you prefer to be on the west, east or south ends of the map, so I can take that into account and put a new region there on the map and put it up tomorrow so you can join at the start of next round on Sunday.

If you don't want to claim region 39, 42 or 43, would you prefer a warm or a cold region?

Quote Originally Posted by THEChanger View Post

Ah, a darn shame to see you go, THECh. Wish we could've had some more conversation between Fionn and the Blazing Avatar like at the Ball. Good thinking on you that you made plans for what should happen to your country in your absence though.

Should your computer issues and business be resolved at some point, I'd love to welcome you back. I realize that may not be this or the next month, but this extends to any length of time that this game may continue to run.

I wish you all the best.

My policy is generally not letting players play other's stuff, but I'll be likely to implement the bonus actions for a little inactivity next round. However, I am not opposed and in favour of Rain Dragon deciding your actions and you posting them, should you be available for that. Of course, the regular rules apply with regards to regional defense and agreement-making with regards to absent players for that round, so no need to worry about that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cool map, once again! By this point making an alliance map would likely be tedious and easier to do with a little program of some sort where you can toggle all the various alliances on it.

C'nor has been removed from the player list.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-08 at 05:44 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Ah, a darn shame to see you go, THECh. Wish we could've had some more conversation between Fionn and the Blazing Avatar like at the Ball. Good thinking on you that you made plans for what should happen to your country in your absence though.

Should your computer issues and business be resolved at some point, I'd love to welcome you back. I realize that may not be this or the next month, but this extends to any length of time that this game may continue to run.

I wish you all the best.
    Thank you Morph. It does mean a lot. To be honest, it's more the sheer weight of material that I need to absorb and plan for, than the computer issues, though those don't help. If I do feel up to it at a later time, I'll be back with something a touch more...exotic.
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Barbarian in the Playground

Is it possible to start in a polar region? If so, I'd like to give P8 a try, as I have an idea for something that should fit nicely. I know I'll have less resources and I'm fine with that.

23. - Top - End - #383
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by aspi View Post
    Is it possible to start in a polar region? If so, I'd like to give P8 a try, as I have an idea for something that should fit nicely. I know I'll have less resources and I'm fine with that.
    Would you mind going for P2 or P3 instead ? I'm kinda collonizing P8 right now

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

It is entirely possible to start in a polar region, yes! Good to hear you also don't mind having less resources to go around.

Actually, should you go for a polar region, finish posting it here and get into the game, I might have some additional ideas I could PM you.

Quote Originally Posted by Chacmon View Post
    Didn't you decide against that, on account of someone else having discovered it? Haven't kept up with your IC post.

Region P3, as per the "stuff already determined" spoiler in the Atlas bit, also has a lot less people than P8, and both have a previously determined resource. P2 is not being colonized and has nothing determined yet, so either aspi could take that, or you could switch your colonization for it to that.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-03-08 at 08:39 AM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

25. - Top - End - #385

...Morph. The world map is a map of Earth turned upside down and inverted (seas switched with land and land switched with seas). And I think the mountain ranges map to deep sea trenches. You are clever. Do I get bonus points for figuring it out?

26. - Top - End - #386
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chacmon View Post
    Oh, I certainly wouldn't want to start by stepping on the toes of a neighbour my people might actually get along with

P2 is not being colonized and has nothing determined yet, so either aspi could take that, or you could switch your colonization for it to that.
    P2 works fine for me, I'll start there and begin working on adding fluff and a ruler later today.

27. - Top - End - #387

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    ...Morph. The world map is a map of Earth turned upside down and inverted (seas switched with land and land switched with seas). And I think the mountain ranges map to deep sea trenches. You are clever. Do I get bonus points for figuring it out?
    You're certainly not the only one mate ;P. But I think everyone that figures it out getz +1 internetz.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    You're certainly not the only one mate ;P. But I think everyone that figures it out getz +1 internetz.
    I thought that we weren't supposed to talk about that. But yay, +1 internez.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

The Doomkhan. In a dress. Teaching kids chess.

Host ALL the events!
    ...teaching kids anything is annoying let alone a cool game like chess. I remember teaching my brother. He kept getting frustrated at little things like how hax knights are and completely missed the bigger threats.

P2 is not being colonized and has nothing determined yet, so either aspi could take that, or you could switch your colonization for it to that.
    Oh, I certainly wouldn't want to start by stepping on the toes of a neighbour my people might actually get along with

P2 works fine for me, I'll start there and begin working on adding fluff and a ruler later today.
    My plans; they change ever so rapidly.

Ok. Well. Guys. I'm going to get to Faith5 and I'm going to found a religion.

/None shall not stop me!!!!!!!1/ 「I think it likely someone's going to stop me...」 Good job, you found the EDIT. It's going to be HHA... Nuuuu Yphine why??

Quote Originally Posted by ImperatorV View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    What can I do with this one internetz?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-08 at 09:13 AM.

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

My plans; they change ever so rapidly.

Ok. Well. Guys. I'm going to get to Faith5 and I'm going to found a religion.

/None shall not stop me!!!!!!!1/ 「I think it likely someone's going to stop me...」
    Depends are you planing on coverting anyone to it In my country ?
    If no then i wont stop you at least :p