New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default [AFMBE] Two Quick Questions

So I'm running my third game ever after 14 years playing D&D. I was looking for a change and thought a Zombie game would be fun. I've decided to use the All Flesh Must Be Eaten system since Zombie games is its thing, but I have two questions. I've just finished reading the primary "Handbook" so I'm super new to the system, so sorry if these are dumb questions...

First: If you are an Inspired character and have the skill Trance and the Metaphysic of Prayer, can you use them together to increase the Essence recovery even further? Or since being in a "Trance" doubles your Essence recovery, would using Prayer while using Trance triple the Essence recovery? Can they even work together?

Second: I know one of the AFMBE add on books All Tomorrows Zombies deals with hi-tech settings and gives rules for robotics, ship combat and psionics. Psychic powers would be something I would love to throw into my game but I wanted to know if anyone had already used its system. Does it work well? Is it broken? Clumsy or over complicated? Even the smallest bit of experience with the systems psionics is more than I have (none), so give me your thoughts.

Thanks a million playgrounders! May your brains remain unmolested in the coming zombie filled doomsday!
    "Its like a one-eyed cyclops!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [AFMBE] Two Quick Questions

The psychic system from ATZ is... not bad, but I'd certainly suggest Witchcraft's or Pulp Zombies' version over it, with the Art and Power division. It's not overly complicated, but I don't know how it compares with the standard Gift.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Thanks for the info! I'm planning on ordering some of the books at a local store and wanted to know which ones I should look at for this.

Any ideas as to the first question? Anyone?
    "Its like a one-eyed cyclops!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon87 View Post
    Thanks for the info! I'm planning on ordering some of the books at a local store and wanted to know which ones I should look at for this.
    By the way, I would not spend money on Witchcraft, when the .pdf version is so freely and legally available online. If you really want a hardcopy, printing the relevant parts would be cheaper.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.