New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XX

Sooooooooooo... I was wondering if anyone had links to this Moe guy's art. I've seen a few on EqD's Drawfiends, and I really want some more. He did this one:

Spoiler
    Show

I've tried Googling it to no avail.
    3DS Friend Code: 3625-8308-8437
    Pokemon X | Harvest Moon ANB | Animal Crossing ANL
    Fighting Type | Machoke | Throh | Breloom

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

WJMills post.
    Holy crap, thats great looking! Must search NOW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    To be fair, if Trixie gets ahold of her we're more likely to see ropes or djinn outfits than anything sharp. Be prepared (although perhaps not too expectant).

This is one of those times where "I'll be in my bunk" is the right answer, but not the right answer, isn't it?

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    Well, I guess since others are using this thread...

Photography Report:

Despite (skillfully) messing with the f-stop and the shutter speed of the camera, I can safely say that my attempt to net some photographs of the night sky was a big failure. As somepony predicted in the last thread, the light pollution just absolutely ruins the night sky. All I got was black, or black with a dull haze. Sometimes I hate living near a big city.

So, I'm gonna fall back on plan B. The ESA provides about a bajillion of public domain photos taken from the Hubble Space Telescope, as seen at http://www.spacetelescope.org/. The good thing is now I have at my selection far more than just what you'd see at the night sky, nebula, galaxies, and the like are all at my fingertips. The bad thing is that it does lose the 'personal' touch of taking my own photos.

But some of these photos are so pretty. I think I'll survive.
    I've always heard of people taking these photos with a/ through a telescope...?

Does that make any kind of sense?

Also, speaking of a telescope, Twilight has one in the library. Do you think the town has lost the use of the library now that she's moved in?
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    I love my filly~

5. - Top - End - #35
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    I worry about it too, and I hope it isn't so. But at the same time, there's absolutely no malice behind this thread, and the right thing for everypony to do is to just act like adults and continue about our business. It's not as though Braz is sitting at home twirling a fake mustache she bought just to play the role of supervillain and cackling maniacally at all the pain and suffering she's caused. She started a thread to talk about ponies in.

And hopefully, that's the thing that shines through in the end.
    Maybe my history colours my opinion, but I've never encountered another forum where it matters who posts a thread. It baffles me. It's a thread. It's "Here is a place to write stuff in". Perhaps I'm acculturated to 4chan where we don't even have fancy things like avatars or names.

If nothing else, I don't think there can ever be enough photographs of the night sky.
    Indeed not. And if the night gives not, I shall turn my camera downwards.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Hmm. Depending on stuff, I might try my own zero-skilled hand at such. I've got a mountain I keep next to my house for this kind of thing.
    If you were to try your hand at it, I certainly wouldn't say no at seeing the results, and maybe using them. Don't go out of your way, but I'd owe you one if you did.

I worry about it too, and I hope it isn't so. But at the same time, there's absolutely no malice behind this thread, and the right thing for everypony to do is to just act like adults and continue about our business. It's not as though Braz is sitting at home twirling a fake mustache she bought just to play the role of supervillain and cackling maniacally at all the pain and suffering she's caused. She started a thread to talk about ponies in.

Yeah, I think this is probably the best way to go about it, just...keep on trucking and work everything out like mature adults. We can be pretty good at that when we need to be.

If nothing else, I don't think there can ever be enough photographs of the night sky.
    Absolutely not. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing in general.

7. - Top - End - #37

GnomeWizardGuy

This is one of those times where "I'll be in my bunk" is the right answer, but not the right answer, isn't it?
    This is one of those times where I'd be best letting Braz respond herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

8. - Top - End - #38

To be fair, if Trixie gets ahold of her we're more likely to see ropes or djinn outfits than anything sharp. Be prepared (although perhaps not too expectant).
    I believe at one point, Trixie and Lixie were both holding me at knife point for cross reasons.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

9. - Top - End - #39

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    If you were to try your hand at it, I certainly wouldn't say no at seeing the results, and maybe using them. Don't go out of your way, but I'd owe you one if you did.
    It's raining and overcast today, but a clear night should be on it's way soon and the weather is getting warm enough to resume my traditional night time walks. I'll keep you posted.

10. - Top - End - #40

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's raining and overcast today, but a clear night should be on it's way soon and the weather is getting warm enough to resume my traditional night time walks. I'll keep you posted.
    Understood, and grateful! Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post

Also, speaking of a telescope, Twilight has one in the library. Do you think the town has lost the use of the library now that she's moved in?
    I think she serves as the town librarian. In fact, it's possible that the library had been closed for a while because there wasn't a certified book-pony in town, but now that they have a poor grad student who's willing to work for room and board and access to the books, they're good to go.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Holy crap, thats great looking! Must search NOW!
    Found another a few more in surfage:

Spoiler
    Show

This guy is REALLY good. I'm diggin' these ultra-fantasy pony paintings. Excellent work here.
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-08-10 at 10:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43

Find myself caught between wanting to "let it go" and to "defend myself". Bobcats first response did make me feel like I was being attacked... or rather like I had done something wrong and I usual like to explain myself.
    And for the Record-- for the third time-- we sleep with knives under our pillows: no way anyone could hurt me in my sleep ^^

I mostly didn't want to offend Trixie. And yeah, we should have seen this coming when she left.

Note that I'm NOT mad at anyone. I'm just worried that Trixie's feelings will be hurt.
    It makes me happy that you're not mad at me.
    I didn't do this to offend anyone, just to let the thread go on. If she gets upset then she gets upset. It would make me sad.

I, too, hope this. Like I've said I had no intention of hurting anyone, just to make a point and to let us keep talking.

No. Just... No.

Also NO!

This is one of those times where I'd be best letting Braz respond herself.
    ^^
    Last edited by Brazen Shield; 2011-08-10 at 10:35 PM.
    Thank you ShadowySilence for the awesome policepony avatar!
    I love my filly~

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

@WJMill and @Pokonic: Moe's work is made of awesome and ponies and awesome ponies. You can find them on Ponibooru.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen Shield View Post

I always assumed that she was the librarian, but that everypony else was functionally illiterate (remember Pinkie's birthday cake?), so she has it to herself.

Oh yeah, and I don't really think you're a power mad dictator. Thought I'd put that out there.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-10 at 10:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    @WJMill and @Pokonic: Moe's work is made of awesome and ponies and awesome ponies. You can find them on Ponibooru.
    Excellent! Thank you, good sir. Much appreciated. *goes to save multiple images...*
    Last edited by WJMill; 2011-08-10 at 10:36 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    I always assumed that she was the librarian, but that everypony else was functionally illiterate (remember Pinkie's birthday cake?), so she has it to herself.

Oh yeah, and I don't really think you're a power mad dictator. Thought I'd put that out there.
    The pony script is very different. Recall that the book of Equestrian history Twilight read in the pilot was basically a picture book.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

What do you mean "functionally illiterate"? Just because *you* can't read perfectly good Equestrian written on a birthday cake doesn't mean nopony else can.

Also, I approve of both of these images (but for entirely different reasons):

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

Found another in surfage:
    Nice.

Gah, and I was just searching through Drawfriends to find him! Thanks Dexam!
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

Hello, my next dozen or so desktop backgrounds. I would use one of them right now, but that would mean putting away that super cite pic of filly Shimmer hugging a ball of yarn, and Inkwell's work there is just too cute to switch out.
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

What do you mean "functionally illiterate"? Just because *you* can't read perfectly good Equestrian written on a birthday cake doesn't mean nopony else can.

Also, I approve of both of these images (but for entirely different reasons):

Spoiler
    Show

Oooh, you're Soarin VON Richthofen! I remember you! You cheered me up after that pie fight!

What Soarin did you think I was?

Soarin VAN Richthofen. The Dutch arsonist! I was wondering why they let you on the Wonderbolts. (bounces off happily).

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The pony script is very different. Recall that the book of Equestrian history Twilight read in the pilot was basically a picture book.
    We only saw a few pages of that so I assumed that those were just lithographs of the events that the rest of the book (in Equinish, sure) described. Wasn't there an episode where Cheerilee and Twilight both came into the library with saddle bags full of books then... something happened? Maybe they aren't all illiterate, but it's not a popular place; that was my point.
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-10 at 10:50 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by Vent Reynolt View Post
    Hello, my next dozen or so desktop backgrounds. I would use one of them right now, but that would mean putting away that super cite pic of filly Shimmer hugging a ball of yarn, and Inkwell's work there is just too cute to switch out.
    Few can resist the power of Inkwells art! My own wallpaper is one of his own too. (It's actually a special wallpaper he made for my computer's resolution, it's the original picture with Midnight in it, the one my filly icon comes from.)

Anyways, ponies, it's night time here, and I'm not the night owl that a lot of you are, so I go to sleep nows.

Sleep.

Nows.

24. - Top - End - #54

So anyway, I was walking -

Jayden: Wait, did the core personality resurrect itself when we weren't looking?

You were distracted! We were in a lecture!

Jayden: Nuh uh. Not today.

Oh hell.

*Camera shifts to a shot of a rolled up carpet being thrown off a bridge*

Jayden: The republic of Jayden now sidelines in carpet removal.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

We only saw a few pages of that so I assumed that those were just lithographs of the events that the rest of the book (in Equinish, sure) described. Wasn't there an episode where Cheerilee and Twilight both came into the library with saddle bags full of books then... something happened? Maybe they aren't all illiterate, but it's not a popular place.
    There is, of course, a world of difference between not going to the library and being illiterate.

In my continuity, Big Mac is a voracious reader and gives them to Applejack and Apple Bloom when he's done (see, in It's Always Sunny, Applejack concluding that she'd read too many of big mac's books at least once).
    ... hm. If I felt like doing Twilight/Mac shipping, there's my angle.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WJMill View Post
    Sooooooooooo... I was wondering if anyone had links to this Moe guy's art. I've seen a few on EqD's Drawfiends, and I really want some more. He did this one:

Spoiler
    Show

I've tried Googling it to no avail.
    Is that Minas Tirith?

There is, of course, a world of difference between not going to the library and being illiterate.

In my continuity, Big Mac is a voracious reader and gives them to Applejack and Apple Bloom when he's done (see, in It's Always Sunny, Applejack concluding that she'd read too many of big mac's books at least once).
    ... hm. If I felt like doing Twilight/Mac shipping, there's my angle.
    Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant "functionally illiterate" to mean "can read and write, but does not on a regular basis."
    Last edited by Kindablue; 2011-08-10 at 10:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Is that Minas Tirith?

Maybe I used the wrong term. I meant "functionally illiterate" to mean "can read and write, but does not on a regular basis."
    Ah. Functionally illiterate means "I can sign my name and make sense of menus and basic street signs, but I can't make heads or tails of a paragraph without great effort."

28. - Top - End - #58

Is that Minas Tirith?
    No, its the dwelling of the princeses. Which, by word of God, was based on Minas Tirith.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

No, its the dwelling of the princeses. Which, by word of God, was based on Minas Tirith.

Luna... the diamond dogs are besieging us, and Tirek the Cruel will soon have the ring of power. I wish to spare us from having to see this come to pass.

Tia, are you making an enormous funeral pyre?

Shhh shhh shhh, it'll be over soon.

Tia, I think you're overreacting.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-10 at 11:03 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? I didn't know that; it always looked very Dr. Seuss to me.