New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    We should pool our knowledge! My place or yours?
    Can we jacuzzi our knowledge instead? brt, firing up the transporter.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: You! (A picture/Media thread) Thread XXXI: Roman Numerals Make Everything Fancy

I'm fine with this.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    ...in the hallway?
    Looks more like the bathroom.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    I'm fine with this.
    Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Do they carpet bathrooms where you come from?
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2012-09-22 at 10:41 PM.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Firbolg in the Playground

...in the hallway?

You're in Montreal now, right? You seem to be having a blast.
    Haha, the nachos and hot chocolate was in the hallway, the movie was in my room, because I have a huuuuge computer monitor and a desktop. The only person with a bigger screen is the guy 3 doors down who has a legit huuuuge tv screen. That or try and hook your laptop up to the tv in the common room...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Banned

Guess I'll add some pictures too!

Spoiler
    Show

Me and some friends at home.

Spoiler
    Show

Me and some friends at a bar.

Spoiler
    Show

Getting ready to party.

Spoiler
    Show

This is before a parapara presentation for the annual meeting between students of the japanese language in Rio.

Spoiler
    Show

These are at Tijuca Forest. Very beautiful place.

Spoiler
    Show

My tattoo. I might or might not have posted it in the previous thread.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Well I wish you the best of fortune sorting that situation out in the future. It would be a dreadful thing for such a wonderful blessing to cause strife in the family.
    Yeah, hopefully I'll never have to suffer anything like it during my lifetime.

Nay sir: my backyard faces west, and my city is in the dead centre of the flatness of the Prairies in a never-ending orgy of the winds. Now my yard is small and befenced, and surrounded by other houses, so it's not quite as rugged as were it out in the country. All the same -- the grapes I grow are called Severnji, and they are incredibly hardy [to zone 3]. If they are available in Europe I am sure you could grow them there.
    Backyards and urban areas as a whole tend to be warmer than the countryside, but yes, perhaps it could work.

Okay, I'll stop trying to vicariously work on your land now.
    Naww, I was enjoying it...

I see. It must be quite a valuable piece of land. But I do not know well this word ness -- in what sense do you mean?
    The "land tongue stretches out into a body of water" sense. Here, just type these coordinates into Google Maps/Earth and see for yourself:
    The pictures are dad's, btw. We get some beautiful sunsets from time to time.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #158
    Colossus in the Playground

About Stone Avenue -- I mean are the stones megaliths, placed upright on purpose, or did they form somehow standing out like that naturally?
    'twould be quite the coincidence if they were natural formations. No, definitely placed upright on purpose. I believe they're somewhere in the vicinity of the age of Stonehenge, and there's some very attractive shapes in the stones (one I took a photo of but didn't post here I think vaguely resembles a naked woman).
    I will come visit you in Australia with a posse comitatus of fat budgies. We will be like your Cinderella animals, only more badass and you less locked in towers.
    Heheh, that'd be neat. I think you'd like it here: in the last, say, two days I've seen scores of king parrots, crimson rosellas, bower birds, black cockatoos, white cockatoos, magpies, currawongs, ravens and kookaburras.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    'twould be quite the coincidence if they were natural formations. No, definitely placed upright on purpose. I believe they're somewhere in the vicinity of the age of Stonehenge, and there's some very attractive shapes in the stones (one I took a photo of but didn't post here I think vaguely resembles a naked woman).
    Extrapolating from my knowledge of other sites...

The Avenue likely served as a ceremonial track way from the site at Avebury to another prehistoric site, a place referred to as The Sanctuary.
    Ultimately, Avebury served a ritual site, and people would come up the Avenue to the circles located there and perform ceremonies. Perhaps to appease gods or as ancestor worship. There is always the chance that Avebury was used as a sort of cemetary and the dead were carried up the Avenue as a symbolic last journey.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

10. - Top - End - #160

I certainly hope not. That would be disgusting. Especially here, where the bathroom has perpetual dank, moldering puddles.
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

That's carpet? I thought it was small tiles.
    My Steam profile

12. - Top - End - #162

That's carpet? I thought it was small tiles.
    For sure carpet.
    Hella sketch carpet though. We're allowed to drink in the halls and common room and stuff, so things tend to get spilled...
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

13. - Top - End - #163

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    For sure carpet.
    Hella sketch carpet though. We're allowed to drink in the halls and common room and stuff, so things tend to get spilled...
    There's a dragon-shaped vomit-stain in the hall carpet outside a friend's old dorm room. They found it one day, and it was never cleaned up.
    Jude P.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    For sure carpet.
    Yeah, I realized it was carpet at a closer examination.
    My Steam profile

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Naww, I was enjoying it...
    =]
    Thanks for telling me about all of it. It rekindles my dreams.

The "land tongue stretches out into a body of water" sense. Here, just type these coordinates into Google Maps/Earth and see for yourself:

The pictures are dad's, btw. We get some beautiful sunsets from time to time.
    Wow! So beautiful. I like the winter shot especially.

Heheh, that'd be neat. I think you'd like it here: in the last, say, two days I've seen scores of king parrots, crimson rosellas, bower birds, black cockatoos, white cockatoos, magpies, currawongs, ravens and kookaburras.
    Well the stones are fascinating. One more reason to get my butt over to England.

Birds, birds, birds! I love it! So this many beautiful birds are usually just chilling around where you live?

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Extrapolating from my knowledge of other sites...

The Avenue likely served as a ceremonial track way from the site at Avebury to another prehistoric site, a place referred to as The Sanctuary.
    Ultimately, Avebury served a ritual site, and people would come up the Avenue to the circles located there and perform ceremonies. Perhaps to appease gods or as ancestor worship. There is always the chance that Avebury was used as a sort of cemetary and the dead were carried up the Avenue as a symbolic last journey.
    Neat. Thanks.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

Neat. Thanks.
    I'm probably completely wrong however.
    After all, with prehistoric sites, you can only be certain of their purpose when the site gives it away.
    Ergo, Stonehenge aligning with the sunrise is a sure sign that it had at least something to do with sun worship.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

17. - Top - End - #167

They do in the UK. Although, granted, almost every person who had a carpeted bathroom tended to say "ugh, it's awful, why would they do that? I can't wait until I can afford to get it ripped up!" or something to that effect.
    Well the stones are fascinating. One more reason to get my butt over to England.
    They are very cool, and worth seeing.
    Birds, birds, birds! I love it! So this many beautiful birds are usually just chilling around where you live?
    Yes and no. I was just in another town for the weekend, going on bushwalks, so we were well away from where I'm living at the moment. Bower birds, in particular, you can really only find out in the bush, but we saw two males and a female hanging about the picnic areas (if you leave something blue out for them, often the males will take it back for their bower). On the other hand, black cockatoos, magpies, crows, eagles, kookaburras and often white cockatoos, king parrots and rosellas are common sights around here (and everywhere, really). My mum and her husband set themselves a challenge to see how many distinct bird species they could spot within a defined area (more or less the headland at one end of the beach, the sand dunes and around their house, down to iirc the surf club half-way down the other end of the beach). They got to 150ish.
    You want I should post the pictures of birds I got this weekend?
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    I'm probably completely wrong however.
    After all, with prehistoric sites, you can only be certain of their purpose when the site gives it away.
    Ergo, Stonehenge aligning with the sunrise is a sure sign that it had at least something to do with sun worship.
    No, that was pretty much what it said on the sign at Sanctuary (and I'd forgotten that was what it was called).

18. - Top - End - #168
    Banned

But but I just posted some pictures

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ettin in the Playground

No, that was pretty much what it said on the sign at Sanctuary (and I'd forgotten that was what it was called).
    Oh... I must watch too much Time Team then.

Dragons!

20. - Top - End - #170
    Troll in the Playground

They do in the UK. Although, granted, almost every person who had a carpeted bathroom tended to say "ugh, it's awful, why would they do that? I can't wait until I can afford to get it ripped up!" or something to that effect.
    I remember saying that at least a couple of times while you were staying at mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archonic Energy
    Thanks KuReshtin, Chief Nerd-Hurder of the UKitP Clan.
    KuReshtin too, because he's awesome and a Swede, and therefore double awesome.
    Stig-atar by Irbis.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

So, I've got a request for the pictures of the bunkers in the bunker graveyard (as we call it) in Denmark, which we visited during our trip to Germany this summer. I've also snuck a picture from the bunker museum we visited earlier that day into the lot:

Spoiler
    Show
    First the picture from the bunker museum, taken from one of the shell rooms for the huge German coastal gun that once stood there. I just love how it looks like littlest brother has been stuffed into the artillery shell:

Me and my brothers comparing rocks we found on the beach:

In case you ever feel like taking the order to dig in a bit too seriously:

Authentic German grafitti. At least, that's what I like to think (although I see no reason to believe otherwise:

I'm still haven't figured out what way mum is connected to the Matrix, but there has to be some connection, right? Also, that bunker to the right is interesting. It's the same as the one in the picture with me and my brothers, and between those doors is just a straight tunnel open to both sides, with doors leading into a few side rooms. The interesting part is that in a small room behind one of those rooms, it was so dark that despite it being only ~140 cm wide, I could hide from and scare littlest brother as he entered, whereafter I then managed to jump past him as he tried to exact revenge upon me without him even managing to touch me:

I actually walked down there to inspect how it looked beyond the corner. There's a small hatch to the side through which great amounts of water was pouring in with each wave, and the waves themselves made a magnificent sound in those crammed compartments. The water was uncomfortably cold, however:

Me playing with a little insect I found among the sand:

A good overview of a part of the beach:

The bunkers had a lot of differing sizes. Here's one of the smallest and largest in the same picture:

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post

Don't read too much into it, the number of comments is a poor gauge of an image's worth. Sometimes, people just feel like talking about something else, or nothing all, or just space out for a few days, and the conversation moves on.

The first image I ever posted here got three comments (which still is pretty good, I gather). I posted it in the Random Banter thread a bit later for some reason or another (I think we were talking about fleece jackets, and I was wearing one in the picture), and they wouldn't talk about anything else for two pages! ()

Also, I think people actually are more prone to comment on a picture if it's taken in an interesting surrounding, or has an interesting story, or just is plain silly/weird in overall.

Also, when you only post pictures with several people in them, it kind of helps if you point out who's you in them so that we won't have to search through all images for the common divisor (i.e. the only person who's represented in all of them). This is especially important for those who post for the first time, but even regulars should do it every now and then to help any newcomers. After all, it's kind of hard to compliment you for your good looks if we don't know who you are in the pictures.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

22. - Top - End - #172

Wow Teddy, those are so weird (in the older sense of the word). You probably already said, but what's the story behind them?

I found a way-cool photo of my parents back in their uni days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why yes, my parents were cooler than you. Thanks for noticing.
    The reason I found that photo is because all the family hard-copy photo albums are at my mum's, where I'm staying now. I was talking to her about scanning them into my computer so we have electronic copies of a bunch of them.
    So. Who wants to see baby-Serpy pictures?
    Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-09-24 at 11:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Teddy, those are /awesome/. Pictures of my bunkers aren't very interesting form the outside, and it's too dark inside, so you'll just have to come over here.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ettin in the Playground

It sounds odd, but I found some of those bunker photos really creepy for some reason. Not the ones with Teddy in but the one with the graffitti, the rusted stepped roof and the titled angle door one.

25. - Top - End - #175

Picture dump time! Again! I know how much you guys love these!

Couple of select stuff from coming back to Australia.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Flying over Australia.

Sunset from the air.

There was a dragon and a horse in Sydney Central Station.

Proof that sand in Australia squeaks.

Enjoying proper sunshine.

My mum's side of the family had a gathering this last weekend. Warning: contains large amounts of cuteness and natural beauty, not very much me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My almost 3-year-old nephew declared this fireplace to be his "bed" and insisted that I get pictures of him sleeping in it.

My mother, my sister and my youngest nephew.

Our destination: Bald Rock.

The view from the top.
    Spoiler
    Show

My sister and my two nephews.

The cutest little spider you ever did see.

My nephew conned a lift out of his Pop, my stepfather.

My nephew and my cousin's son enjoyed a bath together.

A particularly artistic shot of my uncle.

A rather artsy shot of my nephew having a break after climbing up a gorram mountain.

The view from the top.

Made it!

'course, then we had to go back down again...

My cousin-once-removed communed with a kookaburra.

Then we went to a maze!

Poor little cousin-once-removed got separated from everyone, and was wandering about quietly lamenting "I'm lorst. I think I'm lorst."

Tools at the railway museum: which would you grab in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Birds, for Kneenibble.
    Spoiler
    Show
    At Bald Rock:
    Bowerbirds (male and female)

I very cleverly filmed this bowerbird sideways. You can hear the currawongs in the background.

Currawong

Bowerbird and currawong

Crimson Rosella

King Parrot

Kookaburras

At the Pyramid:
    Kookaburra (they kept swooping and snatching food out of people's hands).

Last edited by Serpentine; 2012-09-25 at 09:11 AM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Pfff. What exactly is wrong with English sunshine?

Liked the birdy pictures though. EDIT: How effective is the deadly, deadly neurotoxin of that "cute little spider" in your hand?
    Last edited by The Succubus; 2012-09-25 at 09:07 AM.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    Pfff. What exactly is wrong with English sunshine?

Liked the birdy pictures though. EDIT: How effective is the deadly, deadly neurotoxin of that "cute little spider" in your hand?
    What's 'sunshine'?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post

*hugs*
    If you're the one I think you are, then you are rather handsome.

Brazilian people almost all look exotic to me.

So, I've got a request for the pictures of the bunkers in the bunker graveyard (as we call it) in Denmark, which we visited during our trip to Germany this summer. I've also snuck a picture from the bunker museum we visited earlier that day into the lot:
    They're only what, about 70 years old? - but something about them seems ineffably alien and ancient. They have weathered beautifully. I would go bananas exploring them.

I wonder how long that concrete can survive its exposure to brine and wind? I'd love to see that site in 100 more years.

Wow Teddy, those are so weird (in the older sense of the word). You probably already said, but what's the story behind them?

I found a way-cool photo of my parents back in their uni days.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why yes, my parents were cooler than you. Thanks for noticing.
    The reason I found that photo is because all the family hard-copy photo albums are at my mum's, where I'm staying now. I was talking to her about scanning them into my computer so we have electronic copies of a bunch of them.
    So. Who wants to see baby-Serpy pictures?
    Your dad is smoking hot

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Teddy, those are /awesome/. Pictures of my bunkers aren't very interesting form the outside, and it's too dark inside, so you'll just have to come over here.
    Did you used to play MUSH games, out of curiosity? That's the only other venue I've seen people put /emphasis/ on words with slashes like that.

Picture dump time! Again! I know how much you guys love these!
    I do love them! I do!

Your nature gallery is titillating. It amazes me how mountains can be so different -- Bald Mountain is an entirely different kind of rock and biome than the mountains I visited in August. Also, your family is cute. :3

Thank you also for the bird service. Those kookaburras especially look like they badly need kisses on their fluff. All of them are just begging to be cuddled, really.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Dwarf in the Playground

Me with epic-level beard:

Spoiler
    Show

Me, sans hair:

Spoiler
    Show

I've let the scalp grow back some, but not the beard because epic-level beard, while epic, I worry would provide a -5 to Job Hunt rolls.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Instant job as professional viking reenactor
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!