New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 46 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1370
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Harnel's Plots

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

That's not what Eon thought she might do. As she tries to come closer Eon will raise his weapon up using it like a spear to keep the distance. He can't allow her to get to close, hopefully it works.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Arcadia]

"Hiding in shadows? Ha! If anything, I'm far closer to my actual appearance now then that fetish-thing you saw earlier. I looked that way since I thought your reaction was amusing, just like I think your reactions are amusing right now. As for your wishes, as I told your earthbound companion here, I will grant them once I find it amusing to do so. I keep my promises, you killed Ashar countless of times after all, one hundred and sixty two times to be exact so you might make one hundred and sixty two wishes if you so wish. I doubt your imagination reaches that far however but it's always amusing to see you try. Now, are you actually going to make a wish? Or do I have to find another way to make you entertaining?" The queen asks.

Sabrina is looking at her suspiciously however, especially as she mentions her 'true apperance'.
    [Arcadia]

Harnel gives Sabrina a questioning glance, but then goes back to speaking to the queen, "Well, my original reason for coming here was to get Zelia her ability to bear children back. I wish for that."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

3. - Top - End - #1083

[Arcadia]

"That's what you came for yes." The queen replies, "It's one of the most important parts of your quest after all, the reward. I will grant you it in the form of the kami I stole from her." She states before turning to Sabrina.

"And you?"

"I don't know, a blue oak? That be great, thanks." Sabrina also starts to sound impatient about the whole deal.

"Hmph, no appreciation, all you done is return all this to status quo." The queen states before her voice aims at the half-dragon again. "Hero, please wish for something interesting? If you do, I'll let you both go. But if you don't... well, you finished my quest so I will give you what you came here for but I won't be granting any of your wishes. You both will be stuck as you are."

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

Harnel scratches his chin. something interesting? what was a bit hard to pull off on the fly. He would have used this wish to get his wings back, but he wants to make sure that he doesn't go back to Cessie as... whatever he is right now. Whatever this aether infusion did to him.

She wants interesting? She wants crazy? There's a good place for that.

"I wish you'd visit the Nexus."

5. - Top - End - #1085

[Arcadia]

A brief silence follows. "The what? Your world? She is quick to add, not to seem ignorant. "That is embarrassingly enough outside my powers, only the earthbound can visit material realms. They gave up most of their connection to Arcadia for that the fools, their minds and bodies degenerating with it." She replies, laughing.

Sabrina looks puzzled at the queen though, clearly not really sure what she's talking about.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-09 at 10:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"Still an interesting wish though, wasn't it? By your word, it's enough to get us passage and our wishes granted," Harnel says, smiling.

7. - Top - End - #1087

[Arcadia]

"He got a point, by your word-"

"Bah!" The queen interrupts loudly.

"I won't let this end in such an anticlimactic fashion! That would be a crime in itself! The first interesting wish I can grant, nothing else!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-09 at 10:37 AM.

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"I wish you knew what it's like to be Sabrina and I," Harnel says, still smiling. He is not, of course, entirely sure she can do it, but let's see anyways, shall we?

9. - Top - End - #1089

[Arcadia]

The reply is as cold as ice, Harnel actually feeling a chill up his spine as the queen replies.

"No." She hisses echoing eons of hatred and resentment.

"I give up, you can't make any wishes I can grant. The contract is void, null! When I looked into your dream scape for the first time I saw greed and great temptations but what do I get now? Stupid wishes about me! ME!" She tantrums, the void around them taking a distinctive blood-like color. "Do you think I stayed in Arcadia just to give it all up again? To become as pathetic as you are? NO! Your world is dull and colorless compare to all this, so many stupid rules and constrictions you live with, I don't get why you just all don't kill yourself out of boredom!"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-11-09 at 11:24 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ogre in the Playground

[Arcadia]

"You know, for all your power, you're quite sad, really," Harnel says, the smile gone from his lips, "You stay here because you can make whatever you want, but all it's doing is boring you when you can have everything. Anything you've gotten was because you wanted it then and it's completely spoiled anything you might have gotten. Do you know why we live like we do? why we choose our bleak lives? Because every day is interesting. Every day, something happens we don't expect, and we can become greater than we started because we can strive to do so."

"Here? You're unchanging. Sure, you can change whatever you want whenever you want, but I bet that got boring quickly. There's no challenge. That's why you need to trap mortals here and play with them; because they amuse you. Have you ever thought about that? Have you ever thought about why they amuse you? It's because we lead lives, not just sit in a static environment."

"What you fail to realize is that for all your power and for all your will, you're a sad little creature who can't help but be afraid of stepping away from it for something that so many others have found worthwhile. We live life well because that's what we've chosen to do. You've chosen to stagnate. You've chosen to be this petty little thing that can't help but scratch and claw at those who stumble into you for a little entertainment."

"You're a sad sight, Queen, and I want to get back to my wife and children, who light up my life every day I have with them. So what do you want?"

11. - Top - End - #1091

[Arcadia==>SummersetGroove]

This speech only seem to infuriate the queen even further, Harnel can probably guess she's too upset to even listen now. "Go back then! Live and let your material bodies slowly decay over the years or be ended in some random accident! When you're both dead I will still be here and I will laugh at you! I will laugh at you as you slip into nothingness you have chosen! When the oni finally kill off all mortals I will still be there! Hah!" Her laugh is however rather humorless and just leaves a cold, hollow feeling as the fey world starts to disappear around Harnel and Sabrina.

The next time the half-dragon blinks he will suddenly find himself in the groove once again, the fey energy which infused him quickly staring to leave. As he looks around he might to his surprise see Cessie and Methil there along with a couple of soldiers he don't know the names of.

Sabrina is there too returned to her old self and she's accompanied with a brown hat and a blue oak which spurted from the ground.

The half-dragon don't get much of a chance to react though before the sorceress jumps him. Without a word she attempts to hug him tightly, refusing to let go. Harnel probably realizing he might have been gone a while considering her reaction.

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summerset Grove]

Harnel expected he was gone for a while, yes, given the 162 victories against Ashar. He remembers that at least a third of his battles with Ashar are failures, so reasonably speaking it took a while.

Cessie may also notice the scales on Harnel's back are softer and a lighter color than the rest of his body. That, and he's missing his wings. That may factor fairly heavily in what Cessie does next.

Harnel, for the moment, doesn't care about that though, and he closes his own arms around Cessie, as well as his tail, feeling her need for the comfort.

"How long was I gone, Sia Memamosal?" he asks quietly, still maintaining the hug.

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    That's not what Eon thought she might do. As she tries to come closer Eon will raise his weapon up using it like a spear to keep the distance. He can't allow her to get to close, hopefully it works.
    As he lifts his hammer up like a spear Amelia changes her tactic yet again. With the sword in her right hand she tries to hit the hammerhead to try and spin and loosen his grip on it. At the same time she is twisting her left hand in trying to get in a position where she can yank it out of his hand. In other words she tries to disarm him, hoping his grip isn't as strong in this position.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #1094

[Summerset Grove]

"Nearly two weeks." She whispers in a broken voice, hoarse from crying. "I thought you were gone forever."

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summerset Grove]

"No matter what, Cessie, I will always come back to you. I promise this with all my heart; if I was ever gone for good, you would know for certain." He continues to hug her, not even caring about anybody else in the area, "You're stuck with me until you choose to get rid of me."

16. - Top - End - #1096

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

As he lifts his hammer up like a spear Amelia changes her tactic yet again. With the sword in her right hand she tries to hit the hammerhead to try and spin and loosen his grip on it. At the same time she is twisting her left hand in trying to get in a position where she can yank it out of his hand. In other words she tries to disarm him, hoping his grip isn't as strong in this position.
    Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

The hit causes the hammer to move a bit, but it doesn't seem to lower his grip. In the moment she tries to bing her other sword between his hands Eon will try to make some steps forward to throw her on the ground. He had thought about his options, well not very close I assume.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #1097

[Summerset Grove]

The sorceress don't respond at all, not wanting to strain her voice even further. Instead she continues to hug the half-dragon with the rest of the guards and Methil awkwardly looking away.

"Sorry about the wings man, but I guess you got other things to worry about now..." He can hear Sabrina in the background.

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summerset Grove]

Harnel will, perhaps unfortunately for Sabrina, simply ignore her for now. He'll hold Cessie tight as long as she feels the need to hold onto him.

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arena Cimorene Vs. Eon

Trying to trip up Cimorene doesn't seem to work that well. She steps back with Eon like she was dancing with him. She goes for the disarm once again trying to get some leverage on the large weapon and twist it out of his hands. She hopes that even if he keeps a good grip on it that he might stumble and fall if she pulls hard enough.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

20. - Top - End - #1100

[Summerset Grove]

Harnel can eventually hear Cessie breathing out as she slowly starts to let go off him just enough so she can look into his eyes. "You can explain everything that happened later, you must be tired right now." She asks while holding her hand against his warm cheek, her voice sounding all kinds of terrible right now.

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summerset Grove]

Harnel smiles, placing his hand on hers, "You seem worse off than I do. Let's get back to the city, alright?"

22. - Top - End - #1102

[Summerset Grove]

The mage nods, turning briefly back to the guards and Methil to nod to them as well before they start moving, Cessie letting go of the half-dragon to get down to the ground. "Let's."

"So I guess this is good bye then?" He can hear Sabrina's voice coming from behind.

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    Arena

Rogar swings the staff at the foil, hitting it and the jacket as the foil pokes at his chest. And since it was partly blocked, the poke doesn't count for a point. Then, Rogar follows through with an attempt to fling the foil out of Thel's hand.
    Arena

The foil is flung from Thel's hand an lands point down in the sand a few feet to the left. Going for it would surely lead to defeat, so he does what comes to him next. He pulls an apple fritter from his coat, stuffs it in his mouth, and then grabs his coat two handed. He begins to flap it like a matador as he edges to his foil.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summerset Grove]

"I'll just be a second," Harnel says to Cessie, before turning towards Sabrina.

"Looks like it. Try to take care of yourself, and not get any other travelers stuck in Arcadia, alright? Some of them might not be as good at dealing with the insanity as I am," He chuckles. He'll wait for what Sabrina has to say before leaving.

25. - Top - End - #1105

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    Arena

The foil is flung from Thel's hand an lands point down in the sand a few feet to the left. Going for it would surely lead to defeat, so he does what comes to him next. He pulls an apple fritter from his coat, stuffs it in his mouth, and then grabs his coat two handed. He begins to flap it like a matador as he edges to his foil.
    Rogar walks towards Thel and tries to swing his staff at Thel's head, with a followup strike towards Thel's chest. This time, he's got this hare.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Barbarian in the Playground

Arena

Thel ducks under the strike at his head and blocks the chest strike, using the coat to cushion his forearms. The block is made easier by his arms already being out. Thel uses the attacks as a chance to move closer to his weapon.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #1107

Arena

Rogar tries to keep pace with Thel, doing his best to rain blows of Thel's chest and arms.

28. - Top - End - #1108

[Summerset Grove]

"Probably a lot smarter and sexier too though." She replies, sticking out her tongue. "But go home and have sex now or whatever, I'm gonna catch up with what have happened while I were gone. We'll see you here again right?"

Cessie just gives the dryad a look, just waiting for Harnel to come back.

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Summerset Grove]

"Couldn't say," Harnel says, "Life's full of surprises."

And then Harnel walks back over towards Cessie, smiling, "Let's go back to the manor, shall we?"

30. - Top - End - #1110

[Summerset Grove]

"Bye then!" The dryad exclaims while waving as the pair leaves together with Methil and the guards. Sabrina's voice is soon joined however with several others.

"Bye!"

"See you later!"

"I thought you looked hot at least!"

"Bye, and he meant you felt hot!"

"Come back some day!"

"Wee! Farewell!"

"Let's, one can only deal with so many fey in one day..." He can hear Cessie's voice through the crowd of fey who bidding their adieu.