New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,499 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

Well, guys, it sounds like high school sucks.

College is nice though. Something to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kneenibble's Knack for Knightly Knickers: a Knell for Random Banter #184

GASP! How did you know it was for alliteration!

Wait, never mind, that's a dumb question.
    Not just alliteration, but due to your choice of alliterative letters, sibilance
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Troll in the Playground

Does anyone know a good synonym for damage that can refer to the buildings in a city and begins with an S?
    Was scarred correct? Sacked also tends to be used when talking about destroying cities.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Should we get a new thread? I vote for Myxnae to start it.

No, paracetamol is not a fun drug. If combined with alcohol it kills your liver, which usually means you'll be going the same way soon.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Succubus View Post
    The savage shockwave scourred the sacked and shattered city. The shells of striken skyscrapers stood as silent sentinels to the soulless streets below.
    Reminds me of a thing I saw in Muse years ago:
    “Have it compose a poem- a poem about a haircut! But lofty, tragic, timeless, full of love, treachery, retribution, quiet heroism in the face of certain doom! Six lines, cleverly rhymed, and every word beginning with the letter S!!”

Seduced, shaggy Samson snored.
    She scissored short. Sorely shorn,
    Soon shackled slave, Samson sighed,
    Silently scheming
    Sightlessly seeking
    Some savage, spectacular suicide."
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post

No, paracetamol is not a fun drug. If combined with alcohol it kills your liver, which usually means you'll be going the same way soon.
    Elemental, fortunately, does not drink. On the other hand, that restriction would cripple this stewed bird. I'll stick to my homegrown poppy tea.

I'm going to miss my thread ;____;

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Reminds me of a thing I saw in Muse years ago:
    “Have it compose a poem- a poem about a haircut! But lofty, tragic, timeless, full of love, treachery, retribution, quiet heroism in the face of certain doom! Six lines, cleverly rhymed, and every word beginning with the letter S!!”

Seduced, shaggy Samson snored.
    She scissored short. Sorely shorn,
    Soon shackled slave, Samson sighed,
    Silently scheming
    Sightlessly seeking
    Some savage, spectacular suicide."
    That is a delightful piece of wordcraft. Thank you for sharing.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic_Comedian View Post
    Well, guys, it sounds like high school sucks.

College is nice though. Something to look forward to.
    Elementary - What are you DOING here if you haven't gone through Elementary yet?! GET OUT!
    Middle - Hell on earth.
    High - Better but still sucky.
    College - enough free time that school actually becomes bearable, if not outright FUN =D
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Ogre in the Playground

God damn that's hard to say out loud. Was the premise inspired by The Rape of the Lock, do you know?
    ... I came to appreciate that mountains make poor receptacles for dreams.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    God damn that's hard to say out loud. Was the premise inspired by The Rape of the Lock, do you know?
    Um...
    No idea. The story it appears in is basically "someone makes a poetry-writing computer." It was in Muse, which is basically a magazine for... was it 10-13 year olds? Something like that. I vaguely remembered it so I decided to look up "poem about haircut starting with s", and I got it.
    Last edited by Qwertystop; 2012-11-08 at 04:26 PM.
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Thank you for sharing your experience. Skillfully florid speech delights me so much, yes indeed. It is a treat: especially because in this city's streets, one cannot breathe any air undebased by unlovely speech, sloppy and cut half-and-half with F#s.

It is important to flourish, to keep the flame of beauty burning. Also, reading lovely writing is indispensable, but when somebody can speak to me in a refined way I usually collapse in a puddle of gratitude and admiration.
    Known as the Student Town, my hometown suffers all the issues a large population of young adults brings, but when you look past all the drunken parties, this is a centre of refinement and academia as well. It's an interesting duality, especially since it can (and often do) manifest itself in a single person. I think you'd like it here.

Wonderful, wonderful! This is the Romantic's moment of sublime transcendence, to a tittle. I should like to draw the impression you have left on me with Sharpie markers, in a simple colour scheme of black, teal, blue, and white with one single smudge of red lost off-centre.
    This is a painting whose sight I'd love to experience...

The best of such frozen moonlit scenes for me was when I heard an owl hooting. All sound of the surrounding city was swallowed by the snow, and its clear throaty call throbbed across the empty expanse of the river in lonely echoes.
    Owls are cool. And your disgust toward you hometown shines through quite immersively, I can't help but feel the same.

[The worst was when I brought a SIGG bottle full of wine with me and almost walked straight into a bald hole in the ice, but let's not talk about that one. ]
    Happens even the best of us.

*huuuuugs*
    *hugs baaaaack*

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Welp, relatively non-massive fight with my father because he misinterpreted my mum. I go down to talk (rant about injustice) to my mother, she gets mad at Dad. This happens every single time. Honestly, I'm upset I can't talk about how I really feel without accidentally starting my mum off on a course of absolute destruction. He never wins against her, and then looks so sad and he is human, so I feel guilty, so I defend Dad, and then I pt aside my issue, and then I never get any progress with the way Dad treats me, and everything just bubbles up in resentment in the bad days.

You need a break from reality. A long one. I'd offer you a place in one of my imaginary dream worlds, but then I realised that they all tend to plummet into bloody large scale battles (I'm a hopeless war romantic), and I wouldn't want to inflict you with PTSD (or more PTSD).

Hmm... Haven't I got any dream worlds that aren't terrible when you think about it?
    Oh yes, my nightly walks dream worlds are wholly benevolent in nature. You can have one of those. Now, how to transport a physical person into a dream world?

Also, *hugs Moonie tooooo*

ION:
    This post took me a whole day to write. I'm not kidding, I hit the reply button just half past 7 in the morning, and it's currently half past 11 in the night. It's been a really busy day from my side. I'm not even going to get started on all the nutcases I have to assist on the labs. Let's just say that my sympathy for tech supporters has grown exponentially in the last two weeks...

Still worth it, however. Frustrating when you can't make people understand by only hinting at the answer (which is what we're supposed told to do), but rewarding when they do get it. And I get paid for it as well.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-08 at 05:32 PM.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Troll in the Playground

Time to start asking the question of who wants the next thread, considering we're already on page 50 and all that jazz...

Also, for the sake of Elemental, Major Amery Howland, staff logistics officer is in action, and he has already developed into a speaking role.

@ Teddy and LaLa- your characters will see action soon enough, but if I put them into the story before now it would have seemed forced- be patient guys.

IRN: Why is procrastination so easy this year?
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Time to start asking the question of who wants the next thread, considering we're already on page 50 and all that jazz...

Also, for the sake of Elemental, Major Amery Howland, staff logistics officer is in action, and he has already developed into a speaking role.

@ Teddy and LaLa- your characters will see action soon enough, but if I put them into the story before now it would have seemed forced- be patient guys.

IRN: Why is procrastination so easy this year?
    Sweet, have fun

Winter months lower the amount of sunlight you get. Sunlight helps activate your cells. Without sunlight, it gets easier to not be active.

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Sweet, have fun

Winter months lower the amount of sunlight you get. Sunlight helps activate your cells. Without sunlight, it gets easier to not be active.
    Perhaps so, but I procrastinate as much during the hours of real honest to goodness daylight as I do during the hours of darkness-in fact, evenings tend to be my most productive time of day normally...
    Part of YugiohITP

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    Cool! Not like I would know, I mean, neither do I have anywhere to read it nor the time to do so, so it's not like my own absence from the story causes me a gaping hole in the heart. But nice to know, nevertheless.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Cool! Not like I would know, I mean, neither do I have anywhere to read it nor the time to do so, so it's not like my own absence from the story causes me a gaping hole in the heart. But nice to know, nevertheless.
    There's always the chance I might post excerpts- particularly with volunteered characters... I'd generally try and keep them short though.
    Part of YugiohITP

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Sweet, have fun

Well, I suppose that makes me some kind of strange mutant; I get WAY more active in the winter. Seriously, I just spent four hours doing manual labor (lighting work for an upcoming play), and enjoyed it so much that I plan to do it again on Saturday*.

*Note: the enjoyment of this work has nothing to do with the two attractive, increasingly sweaty young women in tank tops I was working with up on that warm, cramped catwalk. I simply liked the work itself.
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-08 at 06:34 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Ettin in the Playground

Elementary - What are you DOING here if you haven't gone through Elementary yet?! GET OUT!
    Middle - Hell on earth.
    High - Better but still sucky.
    College - enough free time that school actually becomes bearable, if not outright FUN =D
    About as accurately as it can be put. People that claim to enjoy middle school are liars, or really, really odd. High school doesn't suck too much (especially in comparison to middle school), but there's still plenty of idiots to go around. I personally didn't mind junior or senior year, though.

Wait, we've at 50 pages. Who's doing the next thread? Not it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Well, I suppose that makes me some kind of strange mutant; I get WAY more active in the winter. Seriously, I just spent four hours doing manual labor (lighting work for an upcoming play), and enjoyed it so much that I plan to do it again on Saturday*.
    Winter (technically autumn. It may as well be winter) is an excellent time to do work outside.

*Note: the enjoyment of this work has nothing to do with the two attractive, increasingly sweaty young women in tank tops I was working with up on that warm, cramped catwalk. I simply liked the work itself.
    Sure, sure.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-08 at 06:43 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Firbolg in the Playground

What kind of convention is it?
    A national meeting of bran producers?
    Comic books.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

19. - Top - End - #1489

Middle school was arright. Fun, even. I had awesome teachers, and a group of about 10-15 GOOD friends. We were all brilliant, all in Gifted, all very very strange. T'was fun.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Middle school was arright. Fun, even. I had awesome teachers, and a group of about 10-15 GOOD friends. We were all brilliant, all in Gifted, all very very strange. T'was fun.
    I think this is the second time you've said something nearly identical to my own school experience (the first time was something about school computers, stupidity thereof). What its going on here?
    My Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I think this is the second time you've said something nearly identical to my own school experience (the first time was something about school computers, stupidity thereof). What its going on here?
    You two must be the same person, or maybe clones.
    A few odds and ends.

22. - Top - End - #1492

Guys.
    Guys.
    Guys.

This guy.

Made the best video.

Tourism Toronto told him to make a video.
    So he made.
    This.
    And
    I am
    in
    love.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

23. - Top - End - #1493

So, who's up for the new thread?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Guys.
    Guys.
    Guys.

This guy.

Made the best video.

Tourism Toronto told him to make a video.
    So he made.
    This.
    And
    I am
    in
    love.
    Nice video. Doesn't make me want to go there.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Troll in the Playground

Make Rawhide do it!

Nice video Gywn. But... Looks like ever other metropolitan center. Breakdancer sloooow mo and slowmo seagull don't make them special.

Hey guys... Could Cobra do it?
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-08 at 11:32 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

26. - Top - End - #1496
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
    Mine was the last one. But I would if I was able, but I can't for another 49 threads..

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

28. - Top - End - #1498
    Ettin in the Playground

Who shall produce the new thread now?

Okay... People who can start a new one own up.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2012-11-09 at 12:04 AM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So be it!

You have forced my hand.

Spoiler
    Show

New thread.

New thread indeed.

Not as nice or as eloquent as I had hoped, but you go to banter with the random you have, not the random you need or deserve.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide