New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 43

Delmah Phor

Junior does as instructed, admiring the attention paid to keeping the entrance a secret. Despite the more stable quality of these three buildings, they're so deeply entrenched into the compound he'd be inclined to gloss over them, had they not been pointed out.

But there are more important things to focus on now. It's time to see his new toys.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor]

There's a whirr and a click and the front door pops open slightly. When Junior steps inside, he may be shocked to find that the place is almost pristine. There were no signs of structural damage. Indeed, everything had been reinforced, painted, and cleaned.

The front area of the forge was full of wide, sturdy tables and the walls lined with shelves. In the back there was the heavy equipment one would expect to find. To the left a wide doorway had been cut into the wall between buildings and opened into the warehouse. Junior will be able to see plenty of open space to build in, as well as plenty of raw materials. On the right, a smaller doorway led into the bakery, which was largely empty. It was a good bet, however, the ovens were still intact and likely improved.

"What do you think?" Sornnolu asks from the doorway.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Welll.... errr...
    "Speaking of dead, I'm dead tired. I think we should call it a night and work on this tomorrow, yes?" Rein is not comfortable with anyone currently in the room right now. Something that might at least extract one or two of them from the situation would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Delmah Phor]

There's a whirr and a click and the front door pops open slightly. When Junior steps inside, he may be shocked to find that the place is almost pristine. There were no signs of structural damage. Indeed, everything had been reinforced, painted, and cleaned.

The front area of the forge was full of wide, sturdy tables and the walls lined with shelves. In the back there was the heavy equipment one would expect to find. To the left a wide doorway had been cut into the wall between buildings and opened into the warehouse. Junior will be able to see plenty of open space to build in, as well as plenty of raw materials. On the right, a smaller doorway led into the bakery, which was largely empty. It was a good bet, however, the ovens were still intact and likely improved.

"What do you think?" Sornnolu asks from the doorway.
    Delmah Phor

Junior takes a moment to let it all sink in. It may not be sterile, but it doesn't need to be. For all the camouflage on the outside, it was perfect for his needs.

"She's beautiful. Ah'll have ta grab some prints from tha bank, an find me lab gear, but Ah should be able ta get workin first thing tomorrow, affer runnin some tests ta make sure all tha important stuff works." The ovens might be useful, if he has to heat some steel to bend for the frames. He's eager to crack open all that storage space and see just what supplies he has available to him immediately.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

[Delmah Phor]

"The second floor of the bakery has your living quarters, and there is a secure area at the back of the warehouse. Your keycard will unlock both. Should you need assistants, I will be able to find some trusted and knowledgeable men to work with you." Sornnolu explains further. "I am pleased you have found things to your liking."

Should Junior go looking through the warehouse for supplies, he'll find the supplies he asked for, in somewhat larger quantities, as well as various other basic materials. One section is clearly dedicated to alchemical supplies of various sorts.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Delmah Phor]

"The second floor of the bakery has your living quarters, and there is a secure area at the back of the warehouse. Your keycard will unlock both. Should you need assistants, I will be able to find some trusted and knowledgeable men to work with you." Sornnolu explains further. "I am pleased you have found things to your liking."

Should Junior go looking through the warehouse for supplies, he'll find the supplies he asked for, in somewhat larger quantities, as well as various other basic materials. One section is clearly dedicated to alchemical supplies of various sorts.
    Delmah Phor

"Ah won't need assistants jes yet. They'd get in tha way at first, until ah get errythin up 'n runnin. Once tha's done Ah kin train a couple ta my likin'." The alchemical supplies are... interesting. Certainly nothing within Junior's realm of expertise, although what he does is not dissimilar, if couched in more precise terms.

He'll have to experiment a bit with the new ingredients then, and see if he can't refine a few old formulae.

7. - Top - End - #1057

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Dave's Free Clinic

Well, at least now he'll know not to try the same thing on any vampires that are looking for a cure and choose a free clinic (though I have no idea why they'd try a free clinic for a cure to vampirism).

"Thank you, for everything. We shall bury him on a sunny hill, beneath an apple tree. Or possibly a pear tree. It's nigh impossible to find any tree on our homeworld, and the few that are found were usually people, or have been twisted by magical energies." Like that big dead apple tree that still grew apples, though the apples were suffused with necromantic energies and therefore not very healthy eating unless one wished to become a revenant like Corpse-Face.
    Dave's Free Clinic
    "Okay then. You have a nice day now." he said as he opened the door to go out of the room.

Once they leave, he'll go out to the waiting room.
    "Ah, Westlanna, you're here!"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    Remnant Station

"No, Crosswire is the big...guy with the big...shocky...fists...he's mean sometimes...I brought MP3 with me!"" Jackhammer tries to explain things the best way he can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    [Remnant Station]

A door appears in front of the station and a one armed statue of a man stumbles through, dropping a spear, a shotgun, and his other arm. He turns and locks the door so it disappears and then he collapses. Cragg...UNGH Stoneheart. Stone Golem. NNNGAAAHH. Didn't know where else MNng to go. I'm in...pain. Whole MOTHER FFFUUUU mess of it.
    Two other guards train their rifles on Cragg. If you're in pain, wouldn't a hospital be the more logical choice than a police station? Suspicious.
    Meanwhile, the guard talking to Jackhammer sighs. Do you know where he is right now?
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm a stone golem! Of course the hospital is going to know why something made out of stone is feeling pain! he lets out another cry What if I....turned myself in? Some big guy with NNG metal fists tried to rob me and knocked my arm off. I shot back and some kid got caught in the crossfire. Don't know what happened to him but he was screaming his head off.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"The problem most people have with such pacts is that the magical entity is usually a malevolent one. Is your little demon "evil"?"

Fukayna still sounds calm and bored. Though her twitching tail betrays her curiosity. Her eyes flicker toward Cynthia.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    *blinkblink* That doesn't exactly make Arel feel better about it. Selling the soul means something entirely different to her, and it's all together more sinister. "Oh... I see." A topic change seems like a good idea.... She's got nothing. Awkward shifting happens.
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Cynthia? Maybe." Astrana shrugs. "I'm technically part demon myself so it's not like that means anything." If no one had guessed by now chances were they were thinking of a different kind of part-demon.

"But Rein is right, we should probably go now." She glances at the party, trying to discern their reactions to her last statement.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-02 at 05:07 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Two other guards train their rifles on Cragg. If you're in pain, wouldn't a hospital be the more logical choice than a police station? Suspicious.
    Meanwhile, the guard talking to Jackhammer sighs. Do you know where he is right now?
    "Prolly back the the...pawn shop...I think..." Jackhammer looks worriedly past the guard to see if MP3 is okay.
    "Needs music!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

I'm a stone golem! Of course the hospital is going to know why something made out of stone is feeling pain! he lets out another cry What if I....turned myself in? Some big guy with NNG metal fists tried to rob me and knocked my arm off. I shot back and some kid got caught in the crossfire. Don't know what happened to him but he was screaming his head off.
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoScrabble View Post
    "Prolly back the the...pawn shop...I think..." Jackhammer looks worriedly past the guard to see if MP3 is okay.
    "Needs music!"
    The guard talking to the golem sighs. In the Nexus, a stone golem isn't in the top ten of weirdest things a hospital is going to see. We can administer first aid while you tell us in detail about what happened.
    Meanwhile, the other guard consults with the medics and says: He appears to be fine, apart from his condition. You will remain here as we investigate futher.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

Alley

He should be teleported into the middle of Halo. Which might confuse the poor robot.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Cynthia? Maybe." Astrana shrugs. "I'm technically part demon myself so it's not like that means anything." If no one had guessed by now chances were they were thinking of a different kind of part-demon.

"But Rein is right, we should probably go now." She glances at the party, trying to discern their reactions to her last statement.
    Cynthia quickly glances up and down, but otherwise pretends that she didn't hear. Her? Evil? Couldn't possibly be, could she? She certainly hasn't done anything one could call evil since arriving in the Nexus. *nodnod*

Arel doesn't seem any more put off by hearing that Astrana is part demon, so that's probably a good thing. "Alright. Thanks again for everything. I'll talk to you again soon, okay?" She says completely honestly.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

[Erin's Emporium]

Quote Originally Posted by LadyOfWar View Post
    "Want, yes, NEED, not so much." Wes says with a sly smile. "I'm brand new in Town, I can't go spending all my money in one spot. I've got to think about things like food and lodging." By the way she's still smiling though, she really wants to get food and lodging squared away so she knows how much money she's got left to have fun with.
    "Well, then, I suppose that is a good point," Aeryn says with a chuckle. "You'd think somebody would have gotten a food replicator running at some point, wouldn't you?"

===

[Across the Street from Jessica's]
    "Accomplices? You wanna see an accomplice? Look at your winged friend. Demon-bird-person was here yesterday. Now the girl's dead. She was a good neighbor. Not like your sort. Remnant is taking care of her. They'll be here to take care of you too if you don't git off my step!" Nasty person. Clearly has a thing against dark elves. Thinks that Winguardia killed Jessica too by the sound of it.
    "Yes, and we believe that an enemy of hers followed her here and made an example of her friend," Rhyan says coldly. "It might be interesting to see if he decides to eliminate any potential witnesses as well. And it is a good thing that you are not my neighbour, as your sort is hardly anyone's good neighbour."
    Huffing, Rhyan turns to head back to Jessica's, and in the process to git offa her lawn.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Reinholdt is honestly too tired emotionally and physically to have any further reactions at this point. He just wants to go to sleep.

"Thanks again for your help."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The guard talking to the golem sighs. In the Nexus, a stone golem isn't in the top ten of weirdest things a hospital is going to see. We can administer first aid while you tell us in detail about what happened.
    Meanwhile, the other guard consults with the medics and says: He appears to be fine, apart from his condition. You will remain here as we investigate futher.
    "Needs music!" Jackhammer insists, ignoring Cragg for MP3's sake, "MOO! SICK! MUUUUSIIIC!"

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Alley

He should be teleported into the middle of Halo. Which might confuse the poor robot.
    TO HALO, THEN!
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

18. - Top - End - #1068

GnomeWizardGuy

When Cragg sees MP3 he stops. That's the kid! I shot an EMP round is all. He got caught in the area! Must've knocked out that fancy headset of his. he lays down on a spare table if they have one.The pain is starting to go away but......it feels like I am too? Gah! Help the kid first. he looks at his stump, seeing what looks like half of a blue-glowing grub. The other half seems to be in his arm.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #1069

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"No problem... we'll talk again later." Astrana replies with a small smile before walking off. Now she needed to find something else to occupy her time with... like sleep for instance. How long had she been up really? She couldn't even remember, time was so hard to keep track of here without the core.

Assuming Cynthia follows her she turn to the demon, "Hey, Cynthia? You know a good place to sleep?"

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

"Bye Astrana." Arel says as the tiefling departs. She sighs and slumps, leaning against Rein a bit more heavily.

[Streets]

Cynthia has indeed followed, putting the cat down before she left of course. The little demon shrugs. "I dunno. I've never been here before."

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Rein sighs.
    "Let's get some sleep."
    Granted, he's still not comfortable with the idea of sleeping with zombifying vines. He might not sleep at all anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

[QUOTE=TechnoScrabble;13004009]"Needs music!" Jackhammer insists, ignoring Cragg for MP3's sake, "MOO! SICK! MUUUUSIIIC!"

When Cragg sees MP3 he stops. That's the kid! I shot an EMP round is all. He got caught in the area! Must've knocked out that fancy headset of his. he lays down on a spare table if they have one.The pain is starting to go away but......it feels like I am too? Gah! Help the kid first. he looks at his stump, seeing what looks like half of a blue-glowing grub. The other half seems to be in his arm.
    One of the medics brings a spare headset for communication purposes and tries to put it on the boy's head, then play music. Let's see if it works...
    Other two medics examine Cragg and the grub carefully, trying to determine the extent of the damage and the best method of treatment.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Orc in the Playground

Streets

Cynthia and Astrana might note a conveniently placed hotel. It's quite a small building, resembling a bungalow made of wooden logs, but sticking out of the ground around it are some chimneys suggesting the rooms are underground. The sign says it's called the Silent Sleep.

Alternately, they may be in an area where it is currently raining upwards. Umbrellas don't help here, as the water somehow pools in them. The rain is coming from a collection of ankle-deep dark grey clouds. Luckily, it's not an upside down thunderstorm.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

24. - Top - End - #1074

Streets

They would rather be near an hotel even if it's very likely something in there will try to eat their souls or something.

It will be disappointed though as part of Astranas soul already belongs to other entities once she dies.

In any case the hotel is a blessing for the tieflings sore pupil-less eyes. Pointing it out she says, "There, finally some luck." The name gave her bad vibes though but she couldn't be picky right now. She just wanted a night of sleep and then when she woke up that god had finally dealt with Ilpholin.

She will walk up to the hotel, the little demon probably following her.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bast's Animal Shelter]

Silly Rein, it's not those vines you need to worry about. It's the sneaky ones you don't know about yet.

Arel nods and will stand right after him. Without even thinking about it, she uses the vines to push herself up. Off to bed they go.

[Streets => Silent Sleep]

Cynthia follows along, looking at the building curiously. "What's this place? Do you think we can stay here?" She asks.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Orc in the Playground

Streets- Silent Sleep

The door is unlocked. Inside, the bungalow is a single room with a pair of lifts at the far end. There's a desk to one side with a rather small ettin wearing a concierge uniform behind it and two matching hats. One of the heads is resting on its associated arm and snoring, and the other head looks rather tired too. The floor is covered in an ornate carpet, and there's pictures of flowers on the walls. Behind the desk is a wall of keys, each marked with a number and a letter.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Streets- Silent Sleep

"It's an hotel, an inn of sort, you pay to stay there for a night. It's much more comfortable then staying outside if you get what I mean?" Astrana replies before she looks up at the ettin, looking somewhat surprised by it's appearance. It wasn't the strangest thing she had seen in the nexus though.

"Hmm... can you summon money? Coins? I rather not having to pay for you if here are other ways to deal with it." She asks the demon quietly.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-04-03 at 06:45 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

[Silent Sleep]

Cynthia looks at Astrana like she's crazy. "How am I supposed to do that?" She asks. She's never once demonstrated the ability to summon stuff out of nowhere. D=

29. - Top - End - #1079

[Silent Sleep]

So much for that idea, now she had to pay for both of them. Hopefully what she had would be enough.

Not bothering to reply Astrana walks up to the ettin, all traces of nervousness gone on the surface. "Hey, I would a room for two people please. One for me and one for my niece over there." She points Cynthia out. "We are just going to stay for one night."

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Orc in the Playground

Silent Sleep

"Ya, sure. Here, take dis key. Is [money]. Now wake up, my turn nap." The last bit is directed at his other head, which doesn't respond.

They've been given Room X on Floor 5. Should they examine the lifts, they'll find the numbers are in an unusual order- G is at the top, and they go down from 1 to 10. Probably because they're underground rooms.