New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The only prestige class you'll ever need

For dman11235 ;) Originally posted here.

FEATER

OMG FEATS BLARTOGUERIWOEIFHKEJFHK

BECOMING A FEATER
    The fastest entry into this class is through the fighter or monk classes, though a wizard could eventually manage it, I guess.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Feats: Any 6.
    Special: Character must be epic. Not, like, [Epic], but just awesome beyond belief.

Class Skills
    The Feater doesn't need any class skills, because he/she has FEATS.
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int

Hit Dice: d8

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
    1st +0 +2 +2 +2 Bonus feat
    2nd +1 +3 +3 +3 Bonus feat, qualify 1
    3rd +2 +3 +3 +3 Bonus feat
    4th +3 +4 +4 +4 Bonus feat, qualify 2
    5th +3 +4 +4 +4 Bonus feat
    6th +4 +5 +5 +5 Bonus feat, qualify 3
    7th +5 +5 +5 +5 Bonus feat
    8th +6 +6 +6 +6 Bonus feat, qualify 4
    9th +6 +6 +6 +6 Bonus feat
    10th +7 +7 +7 +7 Bonus feat, qualify 5

Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: A feater is proficient with simple weapons and one martial weapon of their choice, if he/she wasn't before. He/she is also proficient with light armor and shields (but not tower shields).

Bonus feats: At each level a feater gains a bonus feat of his/her choice. He/she must meet the prerequisites (but see Qualify, below).

Qualify (Ex): Beginning at 2nd level, a feater can ignore one prerequisite for all bonus feats he/she gains (from this class and others), but not for the normal feats he/she gains through leveling. The number of prerequisites a feater can ignore increases by one at every even level (2 at 4th, 3 at 6th, etc.).

PLAYING A FEATER
    You are the master of feats. I mean, you have so many of them! But you don't have a familiar...
    Combat: Use your feats to lay the smackdown on your enemies. Duh. If you can't figure that out you're too stupid to take levels in this class.
    Advancement: As you take more levels in this class, you get more feats. Seriously, how hard is this to understand? Feats are awesome.
    Resources: Who needs resources when you have FEEEEEEATS!

FEATERS IN THE WORLD
    "My god... he must have at least 15 feats! RUUUUN!"
    -some dope dumb enough to take on a Feater.
    Featers are feared and respected, because if you don't fear and respect a feater, they will kill you with some awesome combat tactic they learned from a feat. (See Combat, above for more details.)
    Daily Life: Basically a Feater gets to hang out with all the awesome dudes/ladies and drink ale and wine and people will give them valuables.
    Notables: Napoleon? Feater. Alexander the Great? Feater. Genghis Khan? You guessed it -- feater.

NPC Reaction
    See above. Feats. Duh.

FEATERS IN THE GAME
    With so many feats, you should be pretty awesome at whatever it is you're trying to do.
    Adaptation: This class needs no adaptation. Campaign settings will adapt to Featers, not the other way around. Duh.
    Encounters: You'd better hope you don't meet up with a Feater, because... uh oh.

EPIC FEATER

Hit Die: d8
    Skills Points at Each Level : 6 + int
    Qualify: continues to increase by 1 every 2 levels.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Feater gains a Bonus Feat at every level higher than 10th.
    Last edited by sirpercival; 2016-11-11 at 09:59 AM.
    (member in good standing of the troll-feeder's guild)

I am the assassin of productivity.

Super boss Muscle Wizard avvie by Ceika.

gitp extended sig
    minmaxboards extended sig (more stuff)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The only prestige class you'll ever need

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Adaptation: This class needs no adaptation. Campaign settings will adapt to Featers, not the other way around. Duh.
    This did it for me. Well played. This class is glorious.

Why can't I resist optimizing this? It's like a drug... You can get in at Monk 1 / Cleric 1 / Ranger 1 if you let the cleric's Weapon Proficiency feat from War Domain count as a bonus feat. That's a simply unholy number of base saving throw bonuses. That gives you a bonus feat with a single prereq waived at 5th level. Anyone got any good ones? Ignoring epic feats, Awaken Spell Resistance from the Draconomicon comes to mind, but I'm sure you can do better than that. What happens if you take Extra Wild Shape without wild shape? I DON'T KNOW!
    Last edited by Vadskye; 2012-08-20 at 02:51 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Oh my, you're playing small ball.

How about Cloistered Cleric 1? You trade out all three domains for Devotion feats. Either play an elf (for the racial profs), or be anything and take two flaws. Or, be an Erudite, a human, and take two flaws.

EDIT: as for what to take, Weapon Supremacy is nice. Lol.
    Last edited by sirpercival; 2012-08-20 at 03:04 PM.

gitp extended sig

4. - Top - End - #4

Cloistered cleric! I forgot about that; that's perfect. That gives access to the feat at 4th level, I think

I was assuming that the elf proficiencies wouldn't count as feats; otherwise, Fighter 1 gives you light armor proficiency, medium armor proficiency, heavy armor proficiency, shield proficiency, and tower shield proficiency, plus a bonus feat and your first level feat. And frankly, that's just totally unreasonable. We can't have nonsense like that ruining a perfectly viable prestige class, now can we?

I thought about Weapon Supremacy, but it has a completely ridiculous number of separate requirements that have to be met, unfortunately. But Robilar's Gambit at 4th level sounds fun.

5. - Top - End - #5

Oh, you were looking at the best feat to take early on. Hm. Well, you could get Spring Attack early. Also, a bunch of racial feats -- how about Extra Slam? There's a natural attack. Or Improved Resiliency to become immune to nonlethal damage. Mark of the Dauntless gives you immunity to stun & daze; you can get Leadership early.

gitp extended sig

6. - Top - End - #6

Yeah, there are some cool things - but I think the best way to abuse this is to take a stackable feat some absurd number of times. Like taking Extra Turning about ten times, to go with the three free devotion feats we got from Cloistered Cleric.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

Well... if you can ignore any prerequisite, you could get Epic feats early. Get epic spellcasting has only 3 requirements. If you can get into this at level 2, you should get epic spellcasting by level 8.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Well... if you can ignore any prerequisite, you could get Epic feats early. Get epic spellcasting has only 3 requirements. If you can get into this at level 2, you should get epic spellcasting by level 8.
    Won't help you so much, unless you also optimize your Spellcraft out the wazoo.

However... you can start taking Improved Spell Capacity and get 9th-level spells real quick.

gitp extended sig

9. - Top - End - #9

However... you can start taking Improved Spell Capacity and get 9th-level spells real quick.
    The benefit (not the feat) has special requirements that you wouldn't fulfil. You can apply the benefit only to a class for which you have reached the highest spell level.
    Last edited by Network; 2012-08-20 at 09:10 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Belladonis Campaign Setting 3.5
    Casting as a Skill

Learn from your mistakes, 3.5...
    Fill in those dead levels...

Abrothia's Vision
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome to the World Serpent Inn!
    Spoiler
    Show

- - - IC - - - OOC - - -

Extended Signature (90% complete)

11. - Top - End - #11
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sirpercival View Post
    Won't help you so much, unless you also optimize your Spellcraft out the wazoo.

Hm. True, mitigation options are difficult to achieve before the really high levels. Unless you go cheesy with candle of invocation-wish-loops.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

12. - Top - End - #12

Quote Originally Posted by Vadskye View Post
    I was assuming that the elf proficiencies wouldn't count as feats; otherwise, Fighter 1 gives you light armor proficiency, medium armor proficiency, heavy armor proficiency, shield proficiency, and tower shield proficiency, plus a bonus feat and your first level feat. And frankly, that's just totally unreasonable. We can't have nonsense like that ruining a perfectly viable prestige class, now can we?
    Most proficiencies are called out only as proficiencies, and can be assumed to be class features. The same could be assumed if elves only mentioned being proficient in those weapons. They're specifically called out as gaining weapon proficiency feats.

13. - Top - End - #13

Quote Originally Posted by Reluctance View Post
    Most proficiencies are called out only as proficiencies, and can be assumed to be class features. The same could be assumed if elves only mentioned being proficient in those weapons. They're specifically called out as gaining weapon proficiency feats.
    But... I want D&D to make sense, Reluctance! Why doesn't it make sense? You are quite correct, though. Unfortunately.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

An interesting question here would be:
    Martial Study - do the Maneuver-prereqs. count als prereqs for the feat? If not, 9th level Maneuvers on my 3rd level character! (Elf Fighter 1 does have 6 feats after all)

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by MrLemon View Post
    An interesting question here would be:
    Martial Study - do the Maneuver-prereqs. count als prereqs for the feat? If not, 9th level Maneuvers on my 3rd level character! (Elf Fighter 1 does have 6 feats after all)
    I don't think so... you could take Martial Stance without having a maneuver, though. But that's not that interesting.

You could avoid the crappy prereqs for Lightning Mace. Also, Rapidstrike is nice...

gitp extended sig