New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Totally insane shipping rates compared to other companies, but I guess it's the only way to get a hold of the book. Look forward to reading it regardless.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

I bought this book JUST for the original #3 "Durkon gets vamped" strip. I can't believe Rich found that in his archives from so long ago.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am so buying this. I wasn't expecting the calendar, may have to get that too.

Peelee’s Lotsey

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Aaaaaand ordered.

Even bought a few 2014 calendars as something of a tip.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

5. - Top - End - #35
    Pixie in the Playground

Kobold

Well, here's another thing to add to my Christmas wishlist.
    On another note, I guess Belkar will be on the cover of the next book, since Mr. Scruffy and Blackwing are on this one. I guess that's fitting though, since it'll probably be the last book/he's in.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Re: OOTS Book 5 - Blood Runs in the Family (plus 2015 OOTS Heroes Calendar)

Giant, is there any possibility of having as-yet unshipped books from the Kickstarter attached to this new book's pre-order, if the custom KS stuff still won't be complete for a while?

I still haven't received the last two tomes ordered during the Kickstarter, which dampens my enthusiasm for a *new* pre-order rather strongly.

I backed at a crayon drawing tier so I understand the desire to save on shipping fees and send all the physical products together in one big batch. I also understand that the crayon drawings have been taking time. But is has been two and a half years for me in the sad land of booklessness. :(

7. - Top - End - #37
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

If you're waiting on a crayon drawing, that package is coming from me in Philadelphia, while the new pre-orders are going to be shipping from Houston (where Ookoodook is). In order for you to get those books, I'd have to sign them and then mail them to Houston, and he'd then have to mail them to you. So there would both be an extra step in shipping that needed to be paid for and I'd have to take time away from working on other stuff in order to coordinate it (since once I offered it to one person, every other person would ask for it as well).

I'm hoping to plunge into the crayon drawings again once the proofs have been approved for both products, and hopefully I'll be getting a lot of them out before the holidays this year.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Shut up and take my money!

Also, much thanks for the new pre-order international shipping rate! It's way more affordable than the usual "delivered on the back of a white elephant while a chorus of virgins sings "Your package has arrived!" and the Blue Angels fly overhead" shipping.
    Post, post, post, post an amusing and insightful comment!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Well I know what my Christmas list is now.

(Also, I see from the calendar preview that Julia's gotten a wardrobe change.)
    I am: Neutral Good: -2 chaos, -21 evil and 15 balance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Kommander View Post
    Heartless? Those flaming letters spelled ELAN! How many sons can honestly say their father has murdered dozens of human beings just to show how much they care?

Tarquin's fatherly love is truly unique... or at least I hope it is!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    First, I'm impressed that this topic went so far off topic that it ended up back at The Order of the Stick.
    Can't find the strip you're looking for? Head on over to OOTS Strip Summaries!

10. - Top - End - #40
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DaggerPen View Post
    Well I know what my Christmas list is now.

(Also, I see from the calendar preview that Julia's gotten a wardrobe change.)
    Well, what do you expect? It's January, and the outfit she had before is SOOOO 2006! As if!

11. - Top - End - #41
    Firbolg in the Playground

At last!
    The one I am most excited about is the poem, followed by Strip A (or whatever it is called now).
    Last edited by 137beth; 2014-10-20 at 09:27 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by pendell View Post
    Hooray! If I hadn't just blown two months' entertainment budget on a PS2 game I'd order it right now. As it is, I will just have to delay gratification for just a little longer.

Thank you!

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    Wow. You have a PS2? (Me too, but it's at the bottom of my closet...)

My pre-order is done!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    Also, everything Darth Paul just said.
    Namer Of MitD Threads
    Charter Member and Head Ninja of Peelee's Lotsey Ninjas
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    [furiously scribbles notes on how Darth Paul is the MitD]

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by grouchybeast View Post
    Do you know of any places in the UK that will be stocking Blood Runs in the Family, please? International shipping is getting so expensive :-(
    http://www.orcsnest.com/sinresult.as...r+of+the+stick

Or

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog...the_Stick.html

The book won't show up until they have it in their distribution list usually 1-2 weeks before they are due to receive it. Shipping should be around GBP 4-7
    Last edited by earthpig; 2014-10-21 at 01:11 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    (Also, if anyone want's last year's calendar just for the art, it's only $3.00 on clearance!)
    Darn I specifically checked for last years calender and couldn't find it so I figured it was discontinued and checked out. Does anyone know if Ookoodook allows orders to be updated/changed? I couldn't find anything on their site about it so I sent a support message.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Why on Earth is international shipping so expensive?

I would really love to just instant preorder both Book 5 and the Calendar.
    But I think I need to consult my FLGS about their price first, because the jump in shipping to add Book 5 is really high. I can say I will for sure order the Calender, because I really want that and there is no real alternative.

I'm torn whether I should call $10.15 for a $17 Calendar "reasonable" or not, though.

Adding other stuff onto the order doesn't really help either, because there doesn't seem to be a combination of stuff I want that doesn't add at least 50% additional item value as shipping costs. The so far "best" option I have found would be the two Calendars, the Book, two small Card Games and a T-Shirt. That would be "only" $48.26 Shipping for a $90.88 order. But with a such large package I think I would probably have to pay some import duties, which makes it even more expensive...

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Koolkevk View Post
    Darn I specifically checked for last years calender and couldn't find it so I figured it was discontinued and checked out. Does anyone know if Ookoodook allows orders to be updated/changed? I couldn't find anything on their site about it so I sent a support message.
    Doing the same here.

I will post the results for the inspiration to others. However, I'm still upset they're out of scratched & dented OOPC's and SoD. Added some unnecessary extra dollars to my already large bill.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Trying to read the dialogue on the bottom of the calendar but all I can make out is Belkar's first four words to Julia:

"I will pay you.."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by earthpig View Post
    http://www.orcsnest.com/sinresult.as...r+of+the+stick

Or

http://www.leisuregames.com/acatalog...the_Stick.html

The book won't show up until they have it in their distribution list usually 1-2 weeks before they are due to receive it. Shipping should be around GBP 4-7
    THANK YOU!
    I was a little bummed when I read that the new book wasn't available through Amazon. There's no doubt that I must have the book and I would love to support Rich and Ook as much as possible, even if it means paying 68% of the book price in P&P, BUT US imports to Denmark (over ~$14) get hit with a 25% VAT + $28 fee = $105 for the book

19. - Top - End - #49
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    Doing the same here.

I will post the results for the inspiration to others. However, I'm still upset they're out of scratched & dented OOPC's and SoD. Added some unnecessary extra dollars to my already large bill.
    I just got an response this morning. They said the easiest method would be to just cancel the order on their end and have me reorder it with the updated items. Seems like a simple enough plan.

Although...now that I plan on getting the 2014 calender, it'd feel incomplete to not have the 2015 one as well...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Koolkevk View Post
    I just got an response this morning. They said the easiest method would be to just cancel the order on their end and have me reorder it with the updated items. Seems like a simple enough plan.

Although...now that I plan on getting the 2014 calender, it'd feel incomplete to not have the 2015 one as well...
    Awesome, I'll wait for that email since I'm sure I'll get it.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground

Thanks, Mr. Burlew. I paid up yesterday and eagerly await my new book to complement my Kickstarter'ed pile of books. Plus calendars.

My toddler absolutely loves the OOTS coloring book, both as a story book and for its intended purposes. If you ever feel like making more , I will definitely acquire them.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    I would really love to just instant preorder both Book 5 and the Calendar.
    But I think I need to consult my FLGS about their price first, because the jump in shipping to add Book 5 is really high. I can say I will for sure order the Calender, because I really want that and there is no real alternative.
    Same here. I'm going to order the two calendars (never got aroung to order the old one) from Ook, and then later order the book from some retailer in Europe.
    In the past I bought my Books from Ook, boot (*g*) it's just getting to expensive... even the pre-order shipping almost doubles the price.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

With several of the previous book releases, a limited-edition OotS fridge magnet was included. I have Roy, Belkar, Elan and V. That's all of them, right? I don't think I have missed any of them.
    I'm curious whether a bonus magnet is going to be added to this deal before the pre-orders go out. I'll be ordering the book regardless, but I'm itching to know.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianSt View Post
    Why on Earth is international shipping so expensive?
    It's not Oookoodook's fault. It's the postal service here. They massively jacked up prices on international shipping early last year. If I send a CD to a friend in Europe in a small padded envelope, it costs about $10 just in shipping (and a company would have to add in the cost of envelopes, paying people to pack them, etc.). It sucks, but that's what they charge now. I assume that big companies like Amazon can negotiate much more favorable rates than small businesses or individuals... which is a shame.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lostboy View Post
    I'm curious whether a bonus magnet is going to be added to this deal before the pre-orders go out. I'll be ordering the book regardless, but I'm itching to know.
    No, no magnet this time. The only other thing we'll be releasing before the year is the holiday ornament and the usual slate of t-shirts from CafePress, probably in November sometime. But since those need to be ordered separately from the Ookoodook stuff anyway, there wouldn't be any cost benefit to waiting to order.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

26. - Top - End - #56
    Pixie in the Playground

Beholder

Holy crap, the foreword is by John Rogers?!
    I absolutely loved the IDW D&D comics! That's fantastic!

(Also, any word on which character is doing the preface, or are you keeping it a surprise?)
    Last edited by glados131; 2014-10-21 at 12:03 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SarahV View Post
    It's not Oookoodook's fault.
    I do not fault Ookoodook, but nevertheless it is really frustrating. Especially since I have the feeling that more things I'm interested in originate in the USA. (Kickstarter is also quite frustrating most of the time.)

I really appreciate Ookoodook's effort to reduce that ridiculous amount to a slightly less ridiculous amount.

Problems with [table]?
    All you want to know about [table]!
    The Order of the Stick
    Kickstarter Reward Collection

Last updated: 2016/08/09, containing:
    9 Crayon Drawings | 21 Stick its | 47 Signature Doodles

Custom Avatar made by the Giant.

Thanks!

28. - Top - End - #58
    Pixie in the Playground

Hmm. The shipping would be more than the book itself for me, and I don't think I'd really want to do that (even though I really want to have this one and No cure for the Paladin Blues, then my collection would be complete, until Book 7 appears). Maybe we could somehow manage to bundle the orders from Europe (I'm from Münster, Germany), if that can bring down the shipping costs. As far as I recall, in Germany you don't pay import taxes or tariffs or anything as long as it's "normal" books, right?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by asi View Post
    Hmm. The shipping would be more than the book itself for me, and I don't think I'd really want to do that (even though I really want to have this one and No cure for the Paladin Blues, then my collection would be complete, until Book 7 appears). Maybe we could somehow manage to bundle the orders from Europe (I'm from Münster, Germany), if that can bring down the shipping costs. As far as I recall, in Germany you don't pay import taxes or tariffs or anything as long as it's "normal" books, right?
    You have to pay 7% import tax on books (the same amount as VAT) if the price including shipping is more than 22 €.
    Yes, bundled orders seem to reduce the relative shipping costs.
    Ares - Music and sounds system for roleplaying

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

7% makes sense, I guess, to align it with the reduced Mehrwertsteuer of 7% we have in Germany. That's good to know.