New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Spoiler
    Show
    This is a thread in the Bleach in the Playground Reborn universe; a freeform game with a more concrete, planned plot.

The current discussion thread is here.

Yet another night in the Seireitei...

The moon hangs lazily in the sky, shining its sleepy silver down upon the buildings below; the atmosphere, while certainly not as laid-back as the gleaming orb above, is relaxed. Another day of "war" has gone by. A war with no battles... not in years. Nonetheless, the lingering whispers of public enemy number one on top of the stalemate with Las Noches have given reason for the Shinigami of the Gotei 13 to keep their blades sharpened.

Yes, the citizens of the Rukon have it easy. Despite the lack of immediate threat, the daily monotony is upheld. Unseated train, to keep their skills in check. Seated do various running for their Captains to upkeep their division. The Lieutenants oversee the division much like glorified foremen...

And, tonight, the Captains are having fun in the form a small poker tournament, while elsewhere their Lieutenants are spending their time drinking and making fun of each other.

...Things were looking to be just as bland as usual.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Soul Society 2

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wolf View Post
    Feiyan shrugged. Dunno. All in favour of commencing a manhunt? She put her fingers into the evil finger pyramid of contemplation, waiting for Kenichi to show himself.
    "Aye aye, Feiyan-neechan!" Daisuke said in agreement, falling into a mock salute. "I'll get to looking right now!"

"KENICHI-SAAAAAAAAN!!!" Daisuke cried out, dashing around in search of the 3rd seat.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [A bar]

Sayuri blinks, then shakes her head at the antics of her colleagues. Not long after, an exasperated bouncer appears to demand an explanation for what's going on. "I'm apologize for my friends' manners. Please, send the bill for the damaged wall to 1st division, to Yamamoto Sayuri - I'll take care of it, Mister", Sayuri tells to him and bows. "If we're causing too much of a disturbance, we can of course leave to some other place..."
    Sigint simply looks on, looking for the reactions of the others to determine what to do.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hideyaki looks at his two erstwhile companions, and begins to protest. "It looks like he's not here. Maybe we should just... I'm outvoted, aren't I?" With that statement of resignation, he purposefully strides off into the buildings, before finding the 3rd seat's office and knocking firmly yet politely on the door. Not the worst place to start.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

Feiyan just plain waltzes around the building, calling out, Kenichi-kuuuun, where aaare you?
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You all saw it. That wall? Not my fault. I can tell the difference between a wall and a dartboard, and a zanpakutou and darts."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh, my. I was hoping I could at the very least delay the vandalization until everyone had their proper share of alcohol." Soushi jabbed idly with that ever-present smile.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh don't worry about the damages, I'll pay for them. The owner loves me.
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Sigint just looks at Soushi. "I'm trying to give myself plausible deniability, personally." His voice is still raspy and gravely, like he's been smoking for hundreds of years.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

"Well, that won't be too hard for you. You were just sitting here. Watching it happen." Soushi jabs.

Funny, for some reason I keep thinking someone is yelling SNAAAAAAAAAAAAKE at the top of his lungs somewhere.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Sigint raises his hand and points a finger upward. "That is true." Then, a voice pops up in the back of his head. For some reason, I feel we should be expecting something called a Codec call from someone named Otacon. So do I, Taganjuu. So do I. Also, something about Metal Gear.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Metal Gear? Oh wait, that's Snake's Sigint's line.

It was an amusing thought to entertain. How drunk could Soushi get all his fellows until they began providing him with small-scale blackmail material?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I don't need plausible deniability, whatever the rumors say. I've got you lot as witnesses. In any case, it's getting taken care of. C'mon, this is a party!"
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-09-21 at 10:36 PM.

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Hideyaki looks at his two erstwhile companions, and begins to protest. "It looks like he's not here. Maybe we should just... I'm outvoted, aren't I?" With that statement of resignation, he purposefully strides off into the buildings, before finding the 3rd seat's office and knocking firmly yet politely on the door. Not the worst place to start.
    Feiyan just plain waltzes around the building, calling out, Kenichi-kuuuun, where aaare you?
    Daisuke looked up from his searching, though why he was looking at the ground was anybody's guess. "Feiyan-neechan, wouldn't it make more sense for us to split up? I mean, for one of us to stay here and look for Kenichi-san, and the rest of us to go and look for the other Vice-captains. I'm not sure how long they'll be staying there, and I want to make sure that everyone gets to be there. I can go off to the 10th division, and you can go to the 11th division, Feiyan-neechan, and Hideyaki-san can stay here and look for Kenichi-san! Can we do that? I'm getting bored with looking."

It wasn't hard to tell that Daisuke wanted to get back to the bar as fast as he could; he didn't enjoy being away from the party, even though he did enjoy the company of the other 3rd-seats.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground

Okay! See ya later! Feiyan waved and then sped off towards the 11th Division.
    NarutoITP Characters
    Generals Morgan
    BleachITP Reborn Characters

Full Metal Madness(ITP) All images by Terry576

GB week Alilah avvie by Keveak!

Spoiler
    Show
    ...Oh beautiful and stylish woman, Moon Wolf. Please, take these internet flowers as a token of my love, and an appeasement so that I may not have to endure your wrath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Gah! Onmitsukido'd!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hideyaki didn't regret things often, finding it to be a waste of time that could be corrected merely by looking forward in life. But he was regretting going with Feiyan and Daisuke right now. "...Very well. Go on ahead."

The 3rd Seat continued to pace around the building, looking for Kenichi wherever he could.
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Okay! See ya later! Feiyan waved and then sped off towards the 11th Division.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Hideyaki didn't regret things often, finding it to be a waste of time that could be corrected merely by looking forward in life. But he was regretting going with Feiyan and Daisuke right now. "...Very well. Go on ahead."

The 3rd Seat continued to pace around the building, looking for Kenichi wherever he could.
    "Excellent!" Daisuke exclaimed as he sped off toward the 10th division. He was very careful not to use any reiatsu, as he only had two tails left, and he would already be exhausted if he released his Shikai now. He needed to find a Kido user, but where?
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-09-23 at 05:01 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

[Bar]

After dissuading the bouncer from throwing them out, Sayuri orders herself a glass of orange juice and takes her seat next to Sigint. She gives a sharp glance at Soushi. "Nagamichi-san, you seem to be in a rather... merry mood already. Are you sure you should drink any more?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

"I believe, and I'm sure the males in this room agree, that a true man is not defined by how much alcohol he can imbibe, but how much fun he can have while he's at it and still be able to remember things afterwards."

Besides, Soushi was not really drunk. He only looked a little on the "happy" side, which tended to be creepy even for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he's cheating by using his Zanpakutou to simulate a drunken blush and filtering the alcohol out of his system. He just wants to make sure he gets the other VCs drunk for some light blackmail material later.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    "I believe, and I'm sure the males in this room agree, that a true man is not defined by how much alcohol he can imbibe, but how much fun he can have while he's at it and still be able to remember things afterwards."

Besides, Soushi was not really drunk. He only looked a little on the "happy" side, which tended to be creepy even for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, he's cheating by using his Zanpakutou to simulate a drunken blush and filtering the alcohol out of his system. He just wants to make sure he gets the other VCs drunk for some light blackmail material later.
    Kyasarin doesn't get drunk. Sorry.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Kyasarin doesn't get drunk. Sorry.
    (OOC: Considering the Captains of most divisions, he didn't expect her to.)

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sigint smiles when he notes Sayuri's decision to sit by him, rather pleased. Then, he looks over to Soushi with a grin on his face and holds up his empty sake cup. "And that, is why I drink moderately. That way, I can remember everything that happened." At this point, Soushi (and everybody around Sigint) could swear they saw this weird demonic gleam in the eyes of his gray and white visor mask (I really can't come up with a name >_<).

Yes, Sigint is trying to creep out Soushi, if only slightly. In the back of Sigint's mind, Taganjuu just shakes his head, not bothering to comment. The demonic gleam is then gone, and Sigint looks to whoever is serving the drinks, holding out his empty sake cup. "Another round, if you please."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

(OOC:I'll give this one more shot. If it still fades out, we can just try it again another time.)

[8th Division, Captain's Party]

It had been several hands of cards since the start of the party; so far, everyone seemed to be generally breaking even. Those guests who drank enough were probably at least a bit buzzed; others might have had only a couple saucers of sake.

Masato idly glanced at his cards before examining his fellow Captains.

"So...anyone had anything interesting happen lately? I'm talking "amusing, causing increased attention and interest, etc", not "oh god oh god we're all going to die" type of interesting."

He spoke with a slight smirk and one eyebrow ever so slightly quirked.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

(OOC: At least the Vice-Captains are having fun, right?)

Seiko Yukimura

The Vice-Captain of the 11th division was lounging under a tree by the training grounds, supposedly overseeing a few new recruits as they went through their some of their first exercises. Michiko-taichou had asked him to watch them as they did this to ensure that they didn't hurt themselves, but in Seiko's opinion, the only people who hurt themselves doing these exercises didn't deserve to be in the 11th division anyway.

This kind of day had, unfortunately, been rather typical for the Vice-Captain lately. He hadn't had a good fight in months, and he was afraid that he was getting rusty. The last time that he'd sparred with Michiko-taichou had been over a month ago, since she'd been so distracted lately with whatever it was that had been happening.

"Oi, kids. Careful with those blades, you're gonna hurt yourselves." The warning came just a bit too late for one of the recruits, who had somehow managed to stab himself in the foot with a training sword. Seiko sent him off to the 4th division with two other trainees to support him, and he decided to dismiss the rest.

"GAAH!" Seiko shouted, falling back under the tree. He was going to go crazy if this went on for any longer.

Daisuke Koishima

Daisuke panted heavily as he reached the 10th division barracks, realizing for what must have been the fourth time that he didn't know where the Vice-Captain of this division was. He knew what Isamaru-san looked like, and from what he knew of the man, he wasn't sure if he would even want to go, but he would have felt bad if he didn't even invite the man.

And so, here he was, standing in another squad barracks, without any idea where the Vice-Captain was.

"Isamaru-san!" he called out, hoping the Vice-Captain would hear him.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-09-25 at 11:03 PM.
    Star Wars iTP characters

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

"Sigint-kun! Those are fighting words!"
    Soushi replied as Sigint got that demonic gleam in his eye. But the 8th's Vice-Captain hadn't even opened his eyes yet.

"I propose that you're simply too wimpy on holding your liquor!"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

"Sigint-kun! Those are fighting words!"
    Soushi replied as Sigint got that demonic gleam in his eye. But the 8th's Vice-Captain hadn't even opened his eyes yet.

"I propose that you're simply too wimpy on holding your liquor!"
    Sigint just smiles and tilts his head slightly, waving Soushi's reply in a calming gesture. "Please, please, I can hold my liquor just fine. At least I did, back when I was a kid. But please," he waves to Sayuri and Kyasarin, "No fighting while the ladies are present. Wouldn't want them to feel unwelcome." Soushi seems odd. He doesn't open his eyes to see. "Oh, and Taganjuu says hello, Soushi-sama."
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sigint just smiles and tilts his head slightly, waving Soushi's reply in a calming gesture. "Please, please, I can hold my liquor just fine. At least I did, back when I was a kid. But please," he waves to Sayuri and Kyasarin, "No fighting while the ladies are present. Wouldn't want them to feel unwelcome." Soushi seems odd. He doesn't open his eyes to see. "Oh, and Taganjuu says hello, Soushi-sama."
    Can we crush them? Not yet. "And Eternal Vortex greets him in turn." Magatsu's voice was cold and certain, though his words carried a definite undercurrent of... desire? Bloodlust? "I organized this party, so as its oh-so-generous host, any disputes of honor have to go through me first." He grinned, his pale blue eyes glimmering unsettlingly.
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2010-09-26 at 04:52 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

"Don't be silly, you two! I'm talking about a DRINKING MATCH! Oh, and say hi to both your zanpakutou for me. Mine's a little shy so she ain't saying anything yet."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Can we crush them? Not yet. "And Eternal Vortex greets him in turn." Magatsu's voice was cold and certain, though his words carried a definite undercurrent of... desire? Bloodlust? "I organized this party, so as its oh-so-generous host, any disputes of honor have to go through me first." He grinned, his pale blue eyes glimmering unsettlingly.
    But you wouldn't have done it without me.
    LGBTitP
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Sigint shakes his head. "As I still have things to do after this, I'll probably have to pass. It wouldn't be professional of me to perform my duties drunk, after all." He then takes a sip from his newly refilled sake cup.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show