New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Game II: 2 Quest, 2 Curious

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    So does region 17b have two resources at good rather than one?
    I should probably look up the rules on this, shouldn't I?

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    That reminds me, I never did say how many resources 14B, 20B, 32 and 50 had, did I? Was a bit of a rush, since there was so much trouble in getting the round up in the first place.

Maybe I should make some rolls to determine that...

Nahh, they all have two Good resources, both to be determined by the first colonizer/new player claimant. Region 14B has 12000 native inhabitants. Region 20B has 25000 inhabitants. Region 32 has 14000 inhabitants. Region 50 has 36000 inhabitants. The racial make-up is not known, though region 50's are rumoured to be some sort of bestial folk, and considering the proximity of other dwarven nations, regions 20B and 14B may have them [dwarves] in numbers.

Terrain features, people and religion are, as always, entirely up to the first one to possess the region fully.
    36,000? Well that was a nice roll.

Can't wait to describe 50! I've got some really cool ideas going down.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ogre in the Playground

I should probably look up the rules on this, shouldn't I?

36,000? Well that was a nice roll.

Can't wait to describe 50! I've got some really cool ideas going down.
    It appears resources in new regions is handled at the dms discretion currently.

Yes, that is colossal. Have fun writing!

Did you get my last pm?
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Ettin in the Playground

It appears resources in new regions is handled at the dms discretion currently.

Yes, that is colossal. Have fun writing!

Did you get my last pm?
    I did, yeah. Thinking it over, may take a while to respond.

YEAH! I'm gonna have a *TON* of fun. Can't wait for next round... all dese regions!

Resources by DM makes sense.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Titan in the Playground

Whether a resource or terrain feature is pre-defined depends on how much time and inspiration I've got that Sunday. How many resources there are depends largely on how easy it is to acquire, plus a dose of RANDOMNESS.

Oh, Sam, I couldn't get to replying to your post in the Blazing Temple just yet (bit short on inspiration and time for all posts there, though perhaps someone else should take to responding to moossabi's post there). I do presume you mean to continue with that?
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-27 at 07:52 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, are there any stats for 40, 26, and 20B?
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Whether a resource or terrain feature is pre-defined depends on how much time and inspiration I've got that Sunday. How many resources there are depends largely on how easy it is to acquire, plus a dose of RANDOMNESS.

Oh, Sam, I couldn't get to replying to your post in the Blazing Temple just yet (bit short on inspiration and time for all posts there, though perhaps someone else should take to responding to moossabi's post there). I do presume you mean to continue with that?
    Ah! Cool! Good to know, then. I'll look into Moossabi's, maybe respond.

Well... couldst I bribe you with some cookies, to get cooler stuff?

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I was going to see about coming back, but it looks like you've already divvied up the Heartwaste. >.>

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Hey, Wombat/Zap? I know that the Raaneki-Crimar Treaty is really really vague, but the Wine is fluff and the Lumber is crunch. I need the Lumber much more than I need the wine.

(Sorry, I just now noticed this in the treaties section. )

EDIT: Oh, hai C'nor!

Anyway, back to the Ink Pits for me. Got stuff to write.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2014-02-27 at 09:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Well, I was going to see about coming back, but it looks like you've already divvied up the Heartwaste. >.>
    We haven't actually. You would need to quickly call to arms though.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Hey, Wombat/Zap? I know that the Raaneki-Crimar Treaty is really really vague, but the Wine is fluff and the Lumber is crunch. I need the Lumber much more than I need the wine.

EDIT: Oh, hai C'nor!

Anyway, back to the Ink Pits for me. Got stuff to write.
    Oh! I was giving you wine as a resource just because, but if you don't need it I wouldn't mind having it available.
    Avatar by the wonderful and talented Ceika!
    Playing:

Past Faves: The Blackwood | Raaneka | Cachimba

My DeviantArt.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Yup! I like the way it ties in neatly as an ideal system, though it does mandate that one general assumption at the beginning. Still, every belief system needs that...

Speaking of belief: we don't have banks for that reason. Banks are unnecessary in Guilder. If you want to make money without working as hard as one of the Princes, you give it to a Venture Group or *one* of those Princes. Everything works through straight investments.

Shhhh to you too!

And yes, I'll talk to RD, because I don't want to step on anyone's toes if I can avoid it.
    I suppose they do.

Well, how do you plan to rule the world through commerce without a bank or fourteen? I mean... Not everyone's going to want to borrow off moneylenders.

Hey, just because I pay attention to things...

Excellent, a peaceful diplomatic solution to this whole thing makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

I wish him much luck. It's never easy to rule a country when you're MIA.
    That's why we have a Princess Regent who may or may not bother doing a proper job of looking for him.

They are betrothed and I'm reasonably certain the marriage is a non-action as we spent one betrothing them in the first place? The marriage is finalized this round.

The manliest of tears. I am glad you're getting so involved... Maybe?
    You sneaky beggar. ;)
    It should be. A betrothal is a legal agreement to marry at some point in the future.

Indeed. Though part of the reason may have been I was writing up his funeral in the pre-dawn hours.
    Nothing sneaky about my printing press...

That reminds me, I never did say how many resources 14B, 20B, 32 and 50 had, did I? Was a bit of a rush, since there was so much trouble in getting the round up in the first place.

Maybe I should make some rolls to determine that...

Nahh, they all have two Good resources, both to be determined by the first colonizer/new player claimant. Region 14B has 12000 native inhabitants. Region 20B has 25000 inhabitants. Region 32 has 14000 inhabitants. Region 50 has 36000 inhabitants. The racial make-up is not known, though region 50's are rumoured to be some sort of bestial folk, and considering the proximity of other dwarven nations, regions 20B and 14B may have them [dwarves] in numbers.

Terrain features, people and religion are, as always, entirely up to the first one to possess the region fully.
    Provided you don't make a habit of just making resource determination open like this, I'll be fine.
    But I must say I am miffed that regions twenty-eight and forty-four had predetermined resources whereas as this whole selection of regions have two good resources that the coloniser may determine at their will. It is a bit unfair.

It's still possible to return. At this point conflict may still be averted.
    Alternatively, if you desire a more stable locale, might I suggest the vast unexplored regions of the West? Depending on how the expedition I sent to find my lost prince (now king) goes, I may end up finding a few new places and I won't colonise the lot in case you want to start afresh over there.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ogre in the Playground

On the PC again. Like I said, I am going to be away for twenty-four hours or so. I will likely not have access to a PC.

If anyone has standing negotiations, well... You'll have to be online roughly fourteen to twelve hours before the round ends when I am otherwise my actions stay as they are.

I did, yeah. Thinking it over, may take a while to respond.
    It's a base agreement. You haven't told me what you want of any deal yet or what's fair or what's not.

I would've preferred to toss ideas back and forth quickly what with the round being so close to an end.

Though C'nor's coming back changes this, they haven't said anything for certain. If they're coming back, I already have my original actions. C'nor, PM me if you are coming back.

How many resources there are depends largely on how easy it is to acquire, plus a dose of RANDOMNESS.
    Randomness? Noooo! But my dice are inherently cursed!

I personally prefer to define stuff, but pre-defined stuff is fine as well.

That said, I'm the fool who could've had cool wyrms as a good resource rather than just their silk...

It should be. A betrothal is a legal agreement to marry at some point in the future.

Indeed. Though part of the reason may have been I was writing up his funeral in the pre-dawn hours.
    Nothing sneaky about my printing press...

Provided you don't make a habit of just making resource determination open like this, I'll be fine.
    But I must say I am miffed that regions twenty-eight and forty-four had predetermined resources whereas as this whole selection of regions have two good resources that the coloniser may determine at their will. It is a bit unfair.
    I checked veeery quickly before work and it was indeed.

Mmm? Mmm... Maybe. Or perhaps it was meant to be.
    /Everything/ sneaky about your printing press. ;)

Well, 17B had one undefined resource, but I think that was because Morph was busy and he probably would've picked something either cooler or better for the game. 「Not that I would've felt better about it」 As long as there is a balance, it's totally fine.

I'm sure Ashenia will be fortunate enough to stumble upon one of these amazing two undefined resource regions in the future.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

The Kingdom of Ashenia
    Elemental

__

Rolls located here.

Shenath Toranath, King of Ashenia, Prince of Eseda, Castellan of Adrakand.

Current Stats:
    Diplomacy: 4
    Military: 5
    Curiosity: 2
    Faith: 2
    Luck: 4

Spoiler: Original Stats
    Show
    Original Stats:
    Diplomacy: 3
    Military: 4
    Curiosity: 2
    Faith: 2
    Luck: 3

Family tree.

Spoiler: Leader
    Show
    Shenath Toranath is the eldest son of the late Queen Idrisa the Magnificent. The period of his life prior to his ascending the throne was unremarkable, though it is rumoured that he was in extensive contact with foreign rulers.
    He stands at 181 centimetres, has deep blue eyes and hair that is already streaked with silver. He is a keen huntsman and many note that few in the Kingdom equal his skill in riding. His near constant companion is the same raven his mother once taught to speak, though it approaches the end of its life. In his spare time, he is currently writing a book of military strategy, but he admits it will likely never be finished.

Spoiler: Past Leaders
    Show
    Spoiler: Hazael the Wise
    Show
    Hazael Toranath was the only heir of the previous monarch of Ashenia, Queen Idrisa the Mad. He ascended the throne three years ago on the occasion of his mother's death and after holding the regency for twenty years. His wife is named Salline, and together they have seven children; Hazael, Idrisa, Salline, Korath, Mira, Zhela and Kateline.
    In appearance, Hazael Toranath is unremarkable. He stands at 187 centimetres in height, has grey eyes and his long black hair is usually tied back into a simply ponytail or, in the case of the most formal events, into a series of elaborate braids. Court dress for the King is traditionally a plain white robe, saffron stole and the sapphire and diamond studded royal crown. Different occasions of varying formality and purpose call for different attire.
    In terms of personality, Hazael is a learned and reserved king, prone to acts of charity. He is open to new ideas and his hobbies include falconry, collecting books and songbirds. Those who get to know him find that behind his royal façade he is in fact a very easy going monarch.

Diplomacy: 6
    Military: 4
    Curiosity: 10
    Faith: 1
    Luck: 1

Hazael the Silent

Spoiler: Idrisa the Magnificent
    Show
    Idrisa Toranath is the eldest daughter of the late King Hazael the Wise. Before coming to the post of Princess Regent in her older brother's absence, Idrisa was placed under house arrest in the Emrid Palace in Adrakand, for reasons only she and her father were party to. Rumours abounded that the cause was the same madness that afflicted her paternal grandmother, but the truth is, she coveted her brother's position as heir and conspired to make it so.
    As is standard in the Toranath family, Idrisa is unremarkable in appearance. Though not plain, she is hardly a striking beauty. Her hair is long and black and her eyes a light blue. She stands at 180 centimetres in height. Her confinement has limited her in the traditional royal pursuits of Ashenia, of note being the fact that she hasn't ridden for over a decade. However, like her father, she also collects songbirds, including a raven she tamed and taught to speak. In addition, were she not imprisoned, her skill with the embroiderer's needle would be well known throughout the land.

Diplomacy: 10
    Military: 9
    Curiosity: 7
    Faith: 1
    Luck: 2

Spoiler: Technologies
    Show
    The printing press.

Ashenia
    Region twenty-two

Population: 122000

Military: 1000

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    Ashenia is divided into three main geographical regions, the Ashene Mountains, Adralath and Eseda.

The Ashene Mountains lie along the north west border of Ashenia. Barely foothills by some people's reckoning, the Ashene Range is still a substantial row of granite mountains cut by steep valleys that easily become isolated during Winter. Despite this, the valleys are fertile and are prime land for pasture. In addition, the forests that grow in the valleys supply abundant timber. The many streams that flow from the mountains eventually join to form a number of rivers, the greatest of which is the River Adra which eventually winds away through Adralath and onwards towards the ocean.
    Nestled among the cliffs and mountain passes are numerous small monastic communities that take advantage of the isolation provided by their remoteness to continue their meditations uninterrupted. Nearer to the valley floors, but still above the spring floods (most years), are dozens of small villages and towns whose herds of cattle provide much milk and cheese, the sale of which supplements the otherwise small income they would gain from their crops. The most important settlement in this region is the fortress-city of Sandrul located in the shade of Mount Gambron. It is here where people from the lowlands and highlands meet to exchange goods, and thus where the region's tax collectors tend to congregate.

Adralath is a hilly and lightly timbered region below the Ashene Mountains. The River Adra, as well as lesser rivers, flow through this region, carving wide valleys as they do so. Flooding is a yearly issue, and as such, flood mitigation requires significant royal attention. On the hills however, vast open plains punctuated by small to medium forests dominant the landscape. Here, vast herds of wild horses roam and royalty hunt wolves with golden eagles.
    Despite land here being plentiful, much of it is lacking in the qualities required for large scale agriculture. Nevertheless, the valleys surrounding the rivers are flooded regularly and are thus highly fertile. Here, the kingdom's farmers grow grain and other crops to feed Ashenia's citizens. In addition, they keep orchards and vines on higher ground to provide colour to the diet of the common people. This region is much more heavily populated than the Ashene Mountains, and is home to many more cities and towns. The cities of greatest importance are Severikand, known for its woven rugs, Uranin, a fortress city to protect the easternmost territories, Salema, known for its great grain exchange, and the royal capital of Adrakand on the north bank of the River Adra, naturally known for its architectural splendour, wealth and the government residing there.

The small region of Eseda, occupying the southernmost portion of Ashenia, was once an independent state. It is a very rugged region covered for the most part in thick deciduous forests. The population here is very low and the agricultural output is insubstantial in comparison to the rest of the Kingdom, however, the very same ruggedness that renders it less viable farmland exposes large quantities of silver ore. As such, the landscape is dotted with mines.
    In Eseda, there is only one city of note, that of Desana, the old capital. Desana is a city noted for its silversmiths and ancient monasteries, however the rest of the people live in small villages, either devoting their labour to mining, woodcutting or eking out whatever living they can from the soil.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    The people of Ashenia (Known as Ashenites, or if you're being very old fashioned or poetic, the Ashene), are taller than the average human, with the average height for men being 185 centimetres and that for women being 172 centimetres. Their hair is usually black, though varying shades of dark brown show up from time to time, particularly in Eseda. In contrast, their eyes tend to be either grey or blue and their skin pale, though it darkens slightly with exposure to the sun.

In terms of attire, the farmers, miners and other people who live and work in the country tend toward simple clothing made from affordable fabrics that is usually undyed and wide brimmed hats to prevent sunburn. In the Winter, they wear brightly coloured scarves in addition to thick coats.
    Townsfolk usually prefer loose-fitting, long-sleeved garments, often accented by sashes. Most cannot afford fine fabrics or bright colours, so stick to brown in their everyday wear, saving what colours they can afford for festivals, white for formal occasions and black for mourning. The richer townsfolk prefer not only rich patterns and imported dyes, but elaborate embroidered sashes and fine jewellery as well. Most of the year, their colours are relatively subdued however, but they like to go all out for festivals and informal celebrations. Like their less wealthy neighbours, they too reserve white for formal occasions and black for mourning, though a recent trend has resulted in deep purple sometimes being substituted. In the winter, furs are used to trim large coats that are usually dyed blue for rich and poor alike.
    Monks prefer simple garments coloured brown or white. However, they make the occasional concession to vanity in the form of the same coloured scarves employed by the country folk.
    However, certain colours are reserved for the nobility alone. The wearing of royal purple, saffron, and scarlet fabric is forbidden to the common people, with saffron likewise excluded from even the nobility. Originally, this was due to the expense of the dyes that produced these colours, but now remains as a tradition.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show
    Each of the subdivisions of Ashenia are noted for producing one product in sufficient quantity not only to provide for Ashenia, but for exporting to other nations as well.
    The farmers of the Ashene Mountains produce large amounts of high quality cheese, butter and other dairy products (good) from the milk their cows produce. Using wax from their hives they are able to ensure that the cheese that reaches distant markets won't be dangerously mouldy.
    Skilled breeders in Adralath produces horses (good) of high quality through careful mixing of wild and domesticated stock. The results of their trade number too greatly for the Ashenites to use exclusively, and as such, many are exported to foreign lands.
    The silver (good) mines of Eseda are rich and deep, with no end in sight of the gleaming metal's blackened ores. Not only is there enough to provide for the coinage and jewellery needs of all of Ashenia, there's enough for international deals.

Despite these riches, Ashenia is lacking in iron, and unfortunately, bronze just doesn't make the grade in these times. Maybe they'll be able to conquerfind some iron mines in the future, but in the meantime, they're willing to trade for it.

In addition, in the year 340, great copyhouses were established near Severikand. The books (good) they produce are a great boon to scholarly pursuits due to their quantity..

Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    The Ashenites follow an animistic faith with a strong emphasis on seeking wisdom to better understand the ways of the spirits. As such, many have withdrawn from their society to a number of monasteries in the hopes that seclusion with a minimum of distractions will aid their search.

Hazaria
    Region twenty-eight

Population: 22000

Show
    Hazaria (prior to colonisation the region had no unifying name) is predominantly an arid region, it's climate dominated by the Salt Flats, or Marilath, in the North and the Waste of Ishana in the South.

The Marilath (or the Salt Flats) consists, as it's common name suggests, of a wide expanse of salt, likely left behind when the inland sea to its East receded. The region is lower than the surrounding land with steep slopes and escarpments at all sides. To the North stand the forests of Eseda in Southern Ashenia. The forest gets considerably thinner as it nears the edge of the Marilath, before eventually giving away to scrub that can survive the harsh conditions. No vegetation grows in the Marilath itself as none can survive there. However, this is not to say that the Marilath is a region devoid of economic value as the salt there is both abundant and remarkable pure.

The Waste of Ishana on the other hand has little or no conceivable value. It consists of a vast expanse of rock and sand that stretches from the Marilath to the borders of Scla'ca and Alydaxis. Despite this, there are some areas where the land is not so unforgiving and vegetation holds on. Here, herds of small horses and cattle are kept by the local inhabitants. It is rumoured that at the heart of Ishana there is buried an ancient city that dates to before civilisation arrived in Telluris.

The Kirandrus Foothills provides most of the livelihood of the native inhabitants and Ashenite immigrants. Here, they are able to raise herds of cattle and horses and tend to groves of olives with which to supplement the crops they are able to grow in the milder climate found at the higher elevations.

The only major settlement within Hazaria is the city of Misakand, located in the Kirandrus near to where the Marilath and Ishana meet. Though it is considered a city by the standards of the inhabitants, its population never numbers more than one thousand nomads who gather to trade salt for meat and oil. Throughout most of the year, the city stands predominantly empty with but a couple of hundred inhabitants sustained by the gardens they irrigate with water from the city's wells and springs.

Show
    The people of Hazaria, known as the Kiranites, are descended from the same lineage as the Ashenites to the North. As such, they share many aspects of their appearance. They stand at an average of 183 centimetres for men and 176 centimetres for women. Their hair has a roughly equal chance of being black or dark brown. Like their northern neighbours, they have a tendency towards blue eyes but theirs tend to be so dark a blue as to be almost black.

Due to the harsh Sunlight of Hazaria the inhabitants typically attire themselves in long, loose-fitting robes of plain white with their head and faces likewise covered with only their eyes visible.
    However, indoors, they traditionally remove their outer robes to reveal lighter garments of pale blue cloth, often embroidered to show the skill of the craftsperson. In addition, both men and women decorate their hands and forearms with henna in intricate geometric patterns.

The people are divided into three tribal groups, the Ishanites, Maradites and Drasene. The tribes have much the same culture as one another with minor differences in attire and custom. Nevertheless, despite their similarities, the tribes are wary of one another, only setting aside their differences, however slight, for trade and festivals at Misakand.

Show
    The Salt (great) gathered from the Marilath is of remarkable purity. Locally it is used as a currency and to preserve meats. It's sheer abundance makes it the regions most significant export.

The local inhabitants desire very little in the form of material wealth beyond what they have, but their diet of meat and whatever they can eke from the soil is exceptionally bland. As such, they desire Spices to add flavour to their meals.

Show
    Similar to the Ashenites, the Kiranites have an animist view of the world, but unlike the Ashenites, they believe in a great spirit who rules over the sky and is lord of all other spirits. It is likely that this belief was adopted from cultural interaction with the Quill of Tar, a claim backed up as the Kiranites call this sky spirit Atorna, similar to the name Atur.

Kyaralath
    Region forty-four

Population: 75000

Show
    Dry through the Summer months and blanketed in snow come Winter, Kyaralath is nevertheless a region of great agricultural value.

In the West of Kyaralath stands the Veiled Wood, a vast forest of redwoods, often shrouded in fog. The trees here are among some of the tallest in the world, their height simply astonishing to those who have never seen their like before. The local people consider the forest to be protected by a curse and simply not worth the trouble to attempt to bring the trees down. Nevertheless, they make the occasional trip within to search for rare "ghost trees", stunted dwarf versions of the trees around them that have leaves of pure white. It is their belief that the leaves of such trees are an antidote to most poisons.

In the centre of Kyaralath lie the Plains of Kyara. Nestled between the mountains and a great forest in the East, its soils are rich and support a variety of crops. Come the Spring, the rolling hills of the Plains are covered with a veritable rainbow of poppies known as Somnora that grow wherever the land is not otherwise occupied. Small stands of trees grow nestled between the hills and along the rivers.

The mountains of Kyaralath are known for exposed formations of crystal, but none is more wondrous than the Dazzling Crevasse. This long crack in the mountains is filled with possibly millions of tiny, frail, light refracting crystals that become blinding when the Sun is directly overhead. People wishing to see this wonder of the world should best schedule their visit before or after the display reaches full brilliance to preserve their eyesight.

While the majority of the inhabitants of Kyaralath are farmers, there exist a number of towns and cities, the most significant of which are Gran Kyara, the capital and seat of The Wise, and San Carasan, site of Carasan's Temple.

Show
    The people of Kyaralath, the Kyarans are humans of average height with skin that is neither light nor dark and hair that is brown in various shades. Their eyes are usually a copper colour. Of note however, is that their blood is poisonous to most other creatures by virtue of a colourless copper bearing substance in their blood. Contrary to common conception, their health is in no way affected by this.

The people prefer simple attire, short tunics and trousers in soft greys and blues and un-dyed woollen cloaks. On feast days and harvest festivals however, they break out their finest clothes, dyed in all colours of the rainbow in vivid patterns. Both men and women wear poppies in their hair, preferring fresh flowers in the warm months and dried in the Winter. The Wise and priests usually tend to wear plain white robes when performing the duties of their office, but are otherwise indistinguishable from the rest of the population.

The land is traditionally governed from Gran Kyara by a council of men and women known as The Wise. Any can sit of this council once they have passed the necessary tests set down in their sacred annals and known only to The Wise.

Show
    Across the Plains of Kyara, vast quantites of Somnora (good) grow wild. (The Hallucinatory Flowers have been officially renamed. Somnora is plural, Somnorum singular) These poppies have a number of uses, medical and otherwise. For medicinal purpose, a tincture is made from them which is then used as a potent analgesic, anaesthetic and antitussive. In addition, they are gathered and dried so that they can be smoked by the Kyarans who find the experience almost transcendental. In higher doses however, vivid hallucinations and nightmares can result. Fortunately, centuries of exposure has left the Kyarans resistant to these negative effects.

While having enough metal to fulfil the modest needs of its inhabitants, Kyaralath is almost entirely lacking in Copper, which they desire for both cultural and religious reasons.

Show
    The Kyarans predominantly worship a god they call Carasan, the Guardian of Blood, who some say dwells at his Temple in the city that bears his name. None can say for certain, but they do know he saved them all from a ravenous dragon in ages past by turning their blood to poison such that the dragon would pass them over or risk death. The priests at his Temple go throughout the land and perform weddings, funerals and christenings, each dutifully recorded for the records of The Wise.

Angan Anvale
    Region Forty-three

Population: 37000

Show
    Angan Anvale is dominated by two regions of forested highlands separated by a fertile river valley. The northern highland, the Karinthan, is the site of Heartgouger's Tower. Heartgouger's Tower is an ancient structure, seemingly carved directly from a seemingly natural outcropping of red and black marble. How the stone got there is unknown, but the level of artistry of the structure is readily apparent. The exterior surface is decorated with geometric patterns and the windows house delicate stone screens. The Tower is shrouded by legends. Some say it is the remnant of a titanic spear used to pierce Telluris, others say that it was built to reach the heavens and that the gods slew the builders such that their blood stains the tower. However, all agree that the builders are long gone and the Tower extends as deep below the ground as it does above. Ashenite scholars who examined the Tower report that is difficult to tell whether it was ever finished due to the disrepair of the upper levels and that even though they were unable to translate the inscriptions that line the passages, they were filled with a great sense of unease by them. Though that could have been due to the bloodstains on the walls and screams echoing from below...

The southern highland, the Mazhigan, is likewise the site of a most curious phenomenon. In this case, not a tower, but a pit known locally as The Gate of Darkness. According to those brave enough to approach the pit, it is impossibly deep, potentially even bottomless. But that matters not as the pit seems to be the origin of the Voidbeasts that prowl the skies and forests, occasionally causing trouble for the local inhabitants.

Nestled between these delightful geographic features is the Anvale, a highly fertile valley through which flows the River An. The majority of the Draganan live in this region where they make their living off the bountiful soil. They build their towns and cities on hills overlooking the river and the farmland to avoid damage from the annual floods.

The most important city in the region is Angana, once known for its many shrines and orchards. However, the followers of Hartigan destroyed much of the city in a wave of religious cleansing and now a mere third of the city remains standing.
    Other important cities include Aphinkad, the site of the Shaman's Conclave, and Meningath, the main centre of trade with regions to the north and west.

Show
    The people of Angan Anvale, the Draganan, are predominantly dark skinned, referred to as burnt brown by those who wish to specify an exact tone. Likewise, their hair, which falls in long curls, is very dark and their eyes are so dark that one cannot distinguish between iris and pupil by sight alone. Of note is the people's resistance to tooth decay. This is due both to minerals in the groundwater, and also a much tougher tooth enamel than most humans possess that leads to both more resilient and sharper teeth. A small percentage of the population possess slightly enlarged canines. Most significant of their unusual characteristics is a much higher visual acuity combined with almost preternatural ability to know when they are being approached. These in combination make the Draganan exceptional scouts and hunters.

The Draganan typically make significant use of leather in their clothing due to a shortage in cloth, with those in the towns preferring lighter garments than those who live beyond the city walls. Deerskin is the preferred hide of choice, and the Draganan typically make their coats to last for decades, each one becoming personalised over years of use. Those among the Draganan who pursue the occupations of shaman, hunter or warrior tend to paint their arms and faces to appease the spirits and win their favour.

Show
    The soil of the Anvale is very fertile, and Wheat (great) harvests are especially abundant. The excess has the potential of insuring great wealth for the region in the markets to the north.

The forests and skies of Angan Anvale are host to strange creatures, seemingly from another world. The Voidbeasts (good) as they are called are only partly tangible and many would be forgiven for not seeing them in the dark or fog. They take many forms, shadowy mockeries of actual creatures, though a few are more common or noteworthy than others and deserve special mention. Fortunately, most are harmless, but those that are dangerous can kill a person with but one swipe of their phantasmal claws.
    The most commonly seen that take to the air are raven and songbird forms. Those most commonly seen in the forests are stag, wolf, tiger and rat forms. Rarely seen, but notable, forms are those of the bear, giant eagle, serpent and horse. Some are solitary and some come in swarms, but it is important to note that only wolf, giant eagle and rarely rat and raven forms have been known to attack. Other forms are possible, but are exceedingly rare.
    Unfortunately, or fortunately as some would consider, no method is known that would allow one to capture and tame a Voidbeast, but the hunting of them is still a worthwhile pursuit. Once a Voidbeast is slain by a hunter, its body will take on a more tangible form that allows their hides/feathers and blood to be gathered. The feathers and blood of such creatures fulfil a purely ornamental function after gathered, though some beings may find the taste of their blood interesting or exotic. Their hides on the other hand can be manufactured into high quality leather that is much stronger than the leather of regular animals and in addition has many curious properties that are not yet understood. Please note that while the flesh of Voidbeasts is not poisonous, the taste is best compared to ash with a hint of rotting meat.
    However, it is important to note that hunting said creatures comes with certain unusual challenges. As they are only partly tangible at any given time, the wounds inflicted on a Voidbeast by the sword or the arrow have unusual properties. It is quite possible for the blow to penetrate the outer layers of skin and muscle without damaging them and strike internal organs directly, while it is also possible for blows to pass through, only for one's sword to become stuck as what was once ethereal becomes tangible mid swing.

Unfortunately, the presence of Voidbeasts makes the keeping of livestock a difficult task, and as such, the Draganan are in need of Cloth as they cannot produce any significant quantity themselves. If only it were possible to grow things to make into fabric...

Now that peace prevails in the region, it is possible for the Draganan farmers to expand their range of produce. As such, they now cultivate sugarcane (good), a native plant that is sure to become popular abroad.

Show
    The Draganan believe in a multitude of spirits which they believe can be influenced and placated through ritual. Those among them who follow the way of the shaman spend much of their time in communion with nature in order to persuade the spirits to look favourably upon the Draganan and protect them from that which endangers them.
    Hartigan Biûrkahâd followed a violent interpretation of these beliefs that held that the people of Angan Anvale had turned to wickedness and that blood was the only way to placate the spirits. To this end, he whipped a substantial portion of the populace into a frenzy and ruled over the population through fear and violence. Fortunately, with the loss of his core of followers and his imprisonment and eventual death the population once again expresses their more peaceful traditions.
    Last edited by Elemental; 2014-05-09 at 12:40 PM.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry about being a pain, but my Empire's name is Sanctuary. I was secretly colonizing 17B and it became active this round. That's why we suddenly have a 'High Prince of the Ancient Fiefdom of Sanctuary' and why my signature has been funky for ages.

Foreshadowing it was! Confusing... Yes. Sorry guys!
    Alright! Named your kingdom The Empire of Sanctuary on you regions group in the second post, and such.

I've updated it in the trade thingy. I THINK I included it in your regional resource tracker, but Zap, can you check my work? (sorry about that, so much goes on, I'm liable to make one or two mistakes somewhere! I also forgot to add the luck increases to stats...)

[CENTER]The Kingdom of Ashenia
    Regions twenty-two and twenty-eight, Elemental
    Updated!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    So, are there any stats for 40, 26, and 20B?
    For 20B it is as stated in that earlier post. For 40 and 26, I will get back to you on that. I do have some ideas for 26.

There is still a chance for defense, and alternatively there are the second chance options. Going as rebel lord to reclaim it or go out to colonize, or restart with an entirely new region. If you don't go with that last option, your secret action for this turn could be very, very important.

In other news it looks like my internet on my desktop has gotten even wobblier, so I would like to look for another assistant GM to keep track of religion and (great)projects. It is due to these problems that I haven't yet had the possibility of fully categorizing all projects that have been going on. It is entirely a volunteer position, requiring a good understanding of the religion mechanics, good track keeping, and preferably access to Skype for easy communication with me and the other two, outside of GitP.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-28 at 09:12 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

Erm... Sorry? I was gonna do it regardless of if you left, so I suggest the option Elemental suggests:

I suppose they do.

Well, how do you plan to rule the world through commerce without a bank or fourteen? I mean... Not everyone's going to want to borrow off moneylenders.

Hey, just because I pay attention to things...

Excellent, a peaceful diplomatic solution to this whole thing makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.

It's still possible to return. At this point conflict may still be averted.
    Alternatively, if you desire a more stable locale, might I suggest the vast unexplored regions of the West? Depending on how the expedition I sent to find my lost prince (now king) goes, I may end up finding a few new places and I won't colonise the lot in case you want to start afresh over there.
    C'nor, I still haven't received a response for/about my PM to you, and I won't be able to use a diplomatic solution if I do not receive a response on that.

It's a base agreement. You haven't told me what you want of any deal yet or what's fair or what's not.

I would've preferred to toss ideas back and forth quickly what with the round being so close to an end.

Though C'nor's coming back changes this, they haven't said anything for certain. If they're coming back, I already have my original actions. C'nor, PM me if you are coming back.
    I need to know about C'nor... at this point, I'll default to original actions. PM will be coming to you shortly.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Ogre in the Playground

In other news it looks like my internet on my desktop has gotten even wobblier, so I would like to look for another assistant GM to keep track of religion and (great)projects. It is due to these problems that I haven't yet had the possibility of fully categorizing all projects that have been going on. It is entirely a volunteer position, requiring a good understanding of the religion mechanics, good track keeping, and preferably access to Skype for easy communication with me and the other two, outside of GitP.
    I feel like half the religion actions going around are me >.> so uh... I can take care of that. I promise not to use this power for evil.

What do you mean by categorizing the Great Projects though? What kind of categories should they be in?

Edit: and I have skype. You can just look up zabbarot. there is only one. it might as well be my true name.
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-02-28 at 09:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I've updated it in the trade thingy. I THINK I included it in your regional resource tracker, but Zap, can you check my work? (sorry about that, so much goes on, I'm liable to make one or two mistakes somewhere! I also forgot to add the luck increases to stats...)
    When you say "trade thingy," are you talking about:
    • The "Trade & Resources" Post, specifically:
      • The "Round 5 Trade Agreements" spoiler
      • The individual region stat blocks taking up the majority of that post
    • The "Alliances Table" post, specifically:
      • The "Crimar/Raaneka Treaty" stat block

In any case, I still see Cree and Raaneka trading wine in each of those areas. Wouldn't we need a Diplomacy action to stop trading wine anyway, since I genuinely did trade both wine and lumber for Crimar horses?

In related news, I've never understood why the details of trade agreements are listed under "Alliance Table" instead of "Trade & Resources." They might be "alliances" in a way, but I think trading would be more accurately described as "trades."
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I genuinely did trade both wine and lumber for Crimar horses?
    Really? Huh. To be honest, I'd kind of assumed it was a one-for-one thing like virtually every other trade alliance around.

Well, if you want to be that generous, I'm certainly not going to complain. I guess the Cree will raise a little cheer in Raaneka's name every feast, then.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

Really? Huh. To be honest, I'd kind of assumed it was a one-for-one thing like virtually every other trade alliance around.

Well, if you want to be that generous, I'm certainly not going to complain. I guess the Cree will raise a little cheer in Raaneka's name every feast, then.
    Sounds great! I was offering a trade with someone I didn't know who lived halfway across the world for something I really needed, so I figured I'd sweeten the deal.

To Raaneka! May its berries never falter!
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    I feel like half the religion actions going around are me >.> so uh... I can take care of that. I promise not to use this power for evil.

What do you mean by categorizing the Great Projects though? What kind of categories should they be in?

Edit: and I have skype. You can just look up zabbarot. there is only one. it might as well be my true name.
    I figuree you'd be prime candidate.

Categorizing projects is basically keeping a list of projects in all the regions, where they are, how far finished they are, and of finished ones (including how long it took to make them, so just like 5/5 for a finished greatnproject, for instance). Categorizing was the wrong word for it.

Zabarot with just one b, right? Find no results for two bs, two results for one b, but one of those has '2012' added at the end, and the other has apicture.

(Good thing there havent been many secret actions this turn. Keeping track of them is harder without my desktop.)
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-02-28 at 10:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Ogre in the Playground

zabbarot with 2 b's. Also all lower case. It's always lowercase. The actual display name that should come up is Lukas Maximus.

Edit: I'm at work now though, so I can't check skype to see if it went through 'til my lunchbreak in an hour or so
    Last edited by zabbarot; 2014-02-28 at 10:17 AM.
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ettin in the Playground

When you say "trade thingy," are you talking about:
    • The "Trade & Resources" Post, specifically:
      • The "Round 5 Trade Agreements" spoiler
      • The individual region stat blocks taking up the majority of that post
    • The "Alliances Table" post, specifically:
      • The "Crimar/Raaneka Treaty" stat block

In any case, I still see Cree and Raaneka trading wine in each of those areas. Wouldn't we need a Diplomacy action to stop trading wine anyway, since I genuinely did trade both wine and lumber for Crimar horses?

In related news, I've never understood why the details of trade agreements are listed under "Alliance Table" instead of "Trade & Resources." They might be "alliances" in a way, but I think trading would be more accurately described as "trades."
    I meant the tracking of resources. So like, are your wine and wood numbers accurate for your country listing? (example [Good 1/3] Orangutangs)

I keep any alliance type items together, just to keep track of things. I know trade agreements are different from alliances, but it's a union of sorts between two nations. I don't keep track of marriages unless they form something more than just a marriage, such as military aid, tech sharing, so on. Trade and Resources and Alliance are all one big thing, I've just separated them into two sections, and don't have a good name for the alliances. Since many alliances include trade, I figured including trade details in general was a good way to formalize them for people, and keep a good book keeping method. I'm open to new names to the "alliance table" section.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I meant the tracking of resources. So like, are your wine and wood numbers accurate for your country listing? (example [Good 1/3] Orangutangs)
    So does "1/3" mean that I have one of my three available resources tied up in a trade agreement? If so, then my stat block in the Trade post is accurate for this round.
    Playing:

My DeviantArt.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

So does "1/3" mean that I have one of my three available resources tied up in a trade agreement? If so, then my stat block in the Trade post is accurate for this round.
    I need to check mine, cause my trade agreements are all OVER the place.

The hassles of being a trade-happy country.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ettin in the Playground

1/3 means 1 out of 3 of this resource is traded, yes.

I have seen some say 3/3 in something is how many they have left, and that is not correct, at least with my charts. I followed Morph's set up, and think it stated like this is less confusing.

EDIT:
    I need to check mine, cause my trade agreements are all OVER the place.

The hassles of being a trade-happy country.
    People should check my work of their country every round, so I don't have to back log to figure out what went wrong.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-02-28 at 10:36 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

If I am exploring the region west of me do I need to make a role or any thing?

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

I do have some ideas for 26.
    Why do I hear evil laughter in my head when I read that?

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ettin in the Playground

Why do I hear evil laughter in my head when I read that?
    That'd be your mind reading.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Ettin in the Playground

That'd be your mind reading.
    No, that'd be my megaphone.

Also, with Woodwind and Tekorva getting name changes, I'm wondering if giving Sympolemou and official name would be wise..... Hmmmm......
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░