New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1512

Thread: Riverside 15

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Riverside 15

Lotus Gardens

Cessie ponders for a moment. "Do you know what Magtok is really like? You probably know him better than I do after all, and I work with him." Not right this moment, but still.

[Temple of the Burning Light- Evening]

Behind the walls it's all quiet. Most of the clergy who work here by day has gone home for the night. What remains are homeless people and a few red garbed men and woman who seem to be keeping check on everything. The usual clergy members are dressed in white so these must have some special position. A night elf woman in these red garbs approaches her with a burning lantern in her hand despite the fact the temple is brightly lit. "May I help you?" She asks gently.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

The woman turns towards the source of the sound, eyes still defocused, and says, "Hello. I happen to have...Certain interests in this area, and I was looking to meet the people around here. You are?"

3. - Top - End - #1473

The elf raises one of her long eyebrows. The woman might note that the flame within the lantern seems to be drawn to her as a win was blowing through the temple in her direction. "I'm fire-warden Azure. What sort of interest do you have here? We can give you someplace to sleep if that's what you want."

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Pixie in the Playground

[The Pack - Leaving so soon?]

The cool Southside wind bites uninvitingly around them, where there is still no sign of a presence albeit the building pressure. The air is crisp and the ground is wrought with dust and ruin from past destruction.

From a sudden mental rush of noise like radio static, a fragmented, hastened voice cuts clear into their heads unless the shifters have any mental resistances against such intrusions.

...Said...

...survivors...orders...

...stay...

...none...alive...

...make sure...

No further words are emitted, but instead they're replaced with a imageless depiction of a predator, like a coiled snake. A deep-set sensation that they are not safe where they are.

Any keeping a lookout might notice subtle movements as a spec in the distance to the east, among the rubble.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Halfling in the Playground

The Pack - Leaving Southside

Oh, that can't be good.
    The wolves rush forward, less concerned about stealth, knowing that something out there had likely already found them.
    That did not matter.
    Safety matters.

The child matters.

Okami keeps a close grip on her, if all else fails, he'll pass the child along to Spook and face their predator himself...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

The woman nods, not noticing the fire, and says, "Well...Quite frankly, it's a bit complicated. I can explain in-depth later if you so desire, but for now, just trust that I mean no harm. I simply wish to know about the people I might be neighbors with."

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel can't help but burst out into laughter. "Of all the possible things you can ask me, you want to know about him? I can look like him if that's your wish, but I assure you, I look far better than he does no matter what gender I am." He says with a smile and a shake of his head. "Magtok...he is a far better actor than I ever will be. He's convinced the entire Nexus that he's a self-centered selfish greedy bastard, and much of the time, he is. For all of that though, as far as I can tell, he cares about what happens. Far more than most. Like me, he'll do anything to protect the people he cares about. His clones and bots might be fair game, but gods help you if you hurt one of his friends."

8. - Top - End - #1478

More of the flames start to direct themselves towards her as they speak and at least the elf is throwing a glance at them. "...alright." She replies with a hint of hesitation. "This citadel is called Light's Hearth and it is owned by The Burning Light. They- we're an organization of sort, spanning many worlds and dimensions where we provide aid and protection to those who lack it. That's the gist of it at least, you won't have to fear us." She smiles faintly. "May I ask your name?"

Lotus Gardens

"I couldn't help but to be curious and I didn't want to ask you anything private considering that I myself probably wouldn't answer that. You know how I am." Cessie replies, laughing along with Jezebel. Perhaps even laughing a bit at herself and her sense of privacy. "I knew he was a good actor, just not that good. I've heard quite a different story from DC which is why I wanted your perspective too."

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

"Hate blinds people. I know that as well as any other but I've been trying to look through it."
    Jezebel admits, taking their dishes back to the bakery. He's gone for just a moment before returning, taking a look at the nearly-night sky and looking thoughtful himself. "There's one more thing I'd like to show you if you have the time. It'll be well worth it." He promises.

10. - Top - End - #1480

Lotus Gardens

"No comments about DC. I think I know even less about him than Magtok." She had just a brief idea of what DC had done and endured so she didn't feel like she could judge him either. Then she waits for Jezebel to return.
    "Of course, you just got me very curious." But she usually was, especially in her current state. She will eagerly follow along Jezebel to see what she has to show.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

Jezebel leads Cessie for about five minutes into the middle of the park where a concrete foundation seems to just sit there with nothing on it. Until Jezebel taps her shoulder anyway. The moment she does, Cessie will see a several story tall tower standing there, made of white marble with a fire at the top. "It's a small sanctuary I built for myself." Jezebel explains, heading towards a door at the base and opening it, revealing a stairwell that leads up. "Come on up." He adds, giving Cessie a smile over his shoulder before going up the steps.

If Cessie follows, it'll take a while for her to reach the top of the eight story tower, and when she does, she'll find Jezebel stirring the brazier a bit to provide some comfortable warmth for the pair. There's a railing all around the small top, and once Jezebel is done messing with the fire, he sits down on the edge, leaning against the rail's supports so he doesn't fall. "Take a seat if you want." He offers.

The view up here is rather spectacular, looking over all of the Gardens and much of Riverside itself. From up here it's easy to see the different districts and the river, but Jezebel's eyes are only on the Gardens. One by one street lamps are lit below and despite the encroaching night, people still seem to be wandering around and enjoying one another's company. Music still plays and shops are still open, but from up here it all seems to be more...humble. Humble and at peace.

"I thought you'd like to see the result of your choices in the past. Even if this is an unwitting result, you still had a hand in this, Cessie."

12. - Top - End - #1482

Lotus Gardens

Cessie hurries up the stairs, once again glad she had pants instead of one of her dresses. It would have made it all so much more difficult climbing all this. "Indirectly perhaps." Cessie comments as she looks down at the streets below. Preferring to stand at the moment to get an better view of the place. "It is certainly beautiful though, in a way it reminds me of Hestopia. There is a park there which is much like this, might be hard to believe considering how conservative my home city is. But there is still music and dance there. Just like in your home here."

Blanche Street - Lyns home

Lyn will arrive in her home, but after she's given a moment of respite a figure appears right behind her...

"SUPRISE!"

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Ogre in the Playground

Blanche Street- Lyn's Home

Lyn jumps a solid foot in the air as she whirls around, a hand flying to clamp itself firmly over her mouth, though the very small note that does escape her lips is probably heard by most of the building. Her eyes recognize the intruder, though she needs a few moments to catch her breath before she can respond.
    "Ack! Libra! What are you doing here?" she says, more just surprised than annoyed.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotus Gardens

If Cessie had worn a dress, Jezebel would have just carried her up instead. "Indirectly, but it is still partly yours. I just want you to understand that despite everything that's happened to you, you've accomplished great things, Cessie. These people might not know you, but they owe you quite a bit. Should you wish, this place could become a second home for you. There will always be a place here waiting if you wish." He explains. "I can't say I know how you've felt lately, but I'm here to help any way I can." Jezebel doesn't look up at Cessie as he speaks, instead resting his head on one of the bars and closing his eyes.

15. - Top - End - #1485

Lotus Gardens

Pfffh, like if.
    Cessie looks curiously at Jezebel. A second home? "Interesting, but perhaps I shouldn't take such decisions while I'm drunk." She starts with a giggle. "I'm not sure how much i'd stop by, but I certainly can't see any harm of being welcome here. I'm sure there are more colorful characters than just you around, anyone in particular I should know of?" She asks as she's half-looking at Jezebel, half-looking at the breathtaking view from the tower.

Libra is still dressed in the same roman dress she had at the wish contest. Apparently she seems to have taking a liking to it. "I told you I would come and visit you after the contest didn't I?" She asks with a grin. "I can already hear that ýou're going to be a great banshee too, that was some great screaming!"

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn stops and listens a bit. There's certainly a lot of clatter. She grimaces.
    "Uh, maybe? But that was just an accident, and I think I just sent at least ten random people into a panic. How am I supposed to keep everyone safe if trying to scare off a few criminals starts a panic in everyone within a mile radius?" she says, rather embarrassed.

17. - Top - End - #1487

"You must train your voice so you can control it better of course! That way you won't accidentally scream, or scare people unintentionally!" Libra proclaims as she points at the other woman. "But anyway, I like you Lyn so I'm granting you an extra bonus super wish! Plus, did you consider my offer?"

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn gulps. And sighs just a little bit, too.
    "Well, I can't really practice in a populated area, I can't leave or I'll lose my job, and I can't really leave the problem as-is. Is there any way you could give me something more...subtle than a scream-thing? I don't know, clearly you know these sorts of magic things better than me.
    And uh, I guess I wouldn't mind if you messed with me a little bit. It's not that big a change, after all. But Wolfy just fixed my wardrobe! If you mess with my proportions at all you have to make sure you change all my clothes to match, because I can't afford to replace them!"

She's not really sure that she wants the change, but Libra seems really insistent, and it seems like a bad idea to get her upset. Besides, it's not like it could really hurt could it?

19. - Top - End - #1489

"Aw, but screaming is so cool..." Libra replies, sounding a bit disappointed. What should she think of now? She had actually pondered the banshee thing for quite a bit and now it wasn't good enough? Poor shame, poor shame.
    Wait, shame? That was it!
    "But let's get started!" She says with a big smile. "Let me just change your aspect a little bit then..." Suddenly Lyn's hair and eyes will turn blood-red while her eyes also become perfect mirrors to anyone looking her in the eyes (so if she looked in a mirror she could see herself in her eyes). Then two black goat horns will suddenly burst from her forehead and her ears turn into long white goat ears.

Lys will in addition suddenly be able to control every part of her hair like they were her own limbs. Her skin will keep the same unnaturally clear white tone. "And bigger huh?" Libra then asks while looking at Lyn intently to see if there were any protests during the part where the taxi drivers breasts swelled to an respectable size. Her clothes adjusting to this (very silly) change.

"That okay?" Lyn will still be immortal, but instead of feeding on fear, she will be feeding on guilt. She probably have to ask for more details however.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-21 at 01:02 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn shudders as Libra tampers with her very self, and just maybe makes a tiny sound like a bleat when she sprouts horns. Maybe. You'd have to have been paying attention. She steps over to a closet door and opens it to look at the mirror on its other side. She looks over her red locks, which she's surprised to find moving a bit to help her do so. She pulls at one of her ears.
    "Gosh these things are big. I guess it looks alright, though I hope no one mistakes me for a demon with these horns."
    She gives a small yelp though when her chest suddenly increases in size and weight, and almost stumbles forward a bit. She'll never be ready for that sort of thing. She looks at herself again, as surprised at that as anything else, putting a hand to her chest for a moment before chuckling a bit. At this point everything's just ridiculous.
    "Yeesh, didn't you say 'medium' before? I hope you strengthened my back..." she jokes, though quite badly. Now, Libra's getting somewhat better, since unlike some of her other tries at this trick, Lyn's proportions are still totally within believable human standards, and not something that would make someone assume the person used magic and/or is from an anime.
    Still big compared to what she's used to and expected, though. Very silly indeed.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2014-11-21 at 02:28 AM.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Alleyway]

"We're the Howling Commandos, licensed to uphold the law here," the gnoll woman says, presenting her license. "Wrikt, take a look at her. She's losing a lot of blood."

The male gnoll straps his flail to his belt and tries to roll up Kitty's clothes or otherwise get them out of the way so he can examine the source of the bleeding. His keen smell is also helpful in ascertaining the severity of the damage. He has a rudimentary first aid kit with him, which he'll use to try to stem the blood flow a little.
    [Alleyway]

Kitty is more than willing to do what she's instructed now and otherwise let them staunch the bleeding. She looks dazed and suddenly exhausted. Thankfully, the bleeding can be slowed to the point that it's not dangerous, but she's certainly going to need more thorough treatment.

22. - Top - End - #1492

"Oh, so that's too large eh?" Libra asks quite seriously, as if this was some sort of science project. "But aren't you more curious about your new abilities? It took a while to come up with that you know!" Libra time at least.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-21 at 11:15 AM.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn rolls her eyes a bit.
    "I was getting to that! So, would you care to enlighten me on what you've made me this time, then?" she asks, maybe a little sarcastic. Or maybe more than a little.

24. - Top - End - #1494

"Good question! You're now everyones favorite fey, the yulezel! Well, almost everyones I guess." Libra attempts to explain. "They're like... fey of guilt and joyfulness." Libra suddenly has a note in her hand which she appears to be reading from. "The yulezel are goat-like fey who usually live close to villages and other small settlements. They spend their days making gifts for people, especially children. Then one time every year they move around the village in the guise of a goat and delivers gifts of presents to the good children and coal to the bad ones."

She scratches her head and looks closely at her note. "That's the legend at least. See, they like feed on joy, but they have to have guilt too and not everyone go about it in the same way. Like many other fey they can visit peoples dreams where they come as a terrifying half-goat to the guilty to make them feel shame and a normal silly goat to the innocent to make them feel joy. They're also known to steal guilty peoples possessions and replace them with pieces of coal or other scrap. Since besides dreamwalking they can squeeze through impossibly small holes, shapeshift between a few forms and use their hair to watch over people or make little hair golems to help them out."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-21 at 03:16 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn looks rather blankly at Libra, attempting to process this information. She finds it a bit difficult to process.
    "You...you turned me into a Thanksmas goat?" she asks blankly.
    "Uh, I don't think I want to have piles of hair walking around with me. But uh, sounds good I guess, even if I won't use that much." she says, though chances are that would be pretty freaky if she wanted to mess with someone.

26. - Top - End - #1496

"Don't worry, it will turn into yarn if you cut it off, according to this!" Libra declares. "And what's a 'thankmas goat'?"
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2014-11-21 at 04:18 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1497
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, a little thing made of yarn is definitely a lot less creepy than a walking hair-monster.
    "Well, I just meant a goat, and with well, Thanksmas themes. Giving gifts and coal and stuff, you know?" she asks. She's sure Libra knows what Thanksmas. "Isn't Yule a similar thing in some places?" she asks.

28. - Top - End - #1498

"I dunno, doesn't say on my note." Libra replies with a shrug. "Anyway, I figured you could visit the dreams of those bad people and cause overwhelming guilt and stuff since that's apparently what these fey can do. It becomes like an intense fever when they wake up." She continues explaining. "But you didn't answer my earlier question! Were you happy with that size?" =O

29. - Top - End - #1499
    Ogre in the Playground

Lyn sighs, looking down at herself.
    "Yeah, I think it's fine. I'm not uncomfortable, and that's all I really care about. Thanks I guess, Libra. You'll know if things work out, probably." she says with a shrug.

30. - Top - End - #1500

"Yay!" Libra exclaims as she claps her hands together and jumps up and down, her note disappearing as sudden as it appeared. "So was there anything else I could help you with except those dangerous guys and the boobs?" I'm pretty sure she didn't ask for that second thing Libra...