New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Alteran's Amazingly Anachronistic, Altruistic, and Antagonistic Random Banter #123

Random Banter?

Random Banter!

I think you know what this thread is for... But just in case you don't:
    It's for random discussion of stuff you want to talk about but can't, won't or shouldn't make a new thread about. This includes almost everything. Everything but spam.

That being said, there are rules. Which are laid out below. If you are not familiar with them, please read them (basically, just be civil). If you are already familiar with them, fine, don't, it's your choice. (But you'll only have yourself to blame if you forget one of the rules and accidentally break it. )

Rules
    Spoiler
    Show

1. Spam. For the purposes of RB, one word posts are generally considered spam. Likewise, posts that are nothing but *actions like this* are also be considered spam. Remember that the quality of the post's content is much better than the speed of your response.

2. This isn't the Play by Post or Town forum, nor is it the Silly Message Board Games or Structured Games forum. Please avoid continuous roleplay or mock battles and fights such as the "competition for control of the universe".

3. If it's already a thread, don't bring it to RB. RB has such a huge range of subject matter even restricted to the little snippets that probably don't warrant their own thread, it doesn't need legitimate thread topics cluttering it up as well. The exception to this is to bring something that is off-topic from one thread, but on-topic for RB and the subject doesn't warrant a thread of its own.

4. Don't advertise other threads in RB. Just because these new threads move at speeds more appropriate to a message board than an IM session doesn't mean you need to come over to RB and brow beat people into posting in your latest brainchild.

5. Please don't post single line posts alerting us to your current status -- as in "I'm back." This is Random Banter, not "How to stalk Random GitP forum members."

6. Don't poke, kick or bump the thread. It will move at whatever pace it wants to. Also, please refrain from Captain Obvious comments akin to "My, the thread is fast today."

7. Random Banter can only be as good, or as entertaining, as you make it. Demands to be entertained will fall on deaf ears unless you can add something more meaningful to the conversation.

8. As this is a public forum, where the current topic is nicely recorded for you, and not a conversation where you could have missed the beginning, please refrain from asking something to the effect of "What's the topic?". Please take the time to read up a bit first.

9. Thread Creator must include the words "Random" and "Banter" as well as the thread #. Try to be concise as well.

10. Every post should contain two visible, legible complete sentences, Subject and Predicate. C'mon, make your old English teachers proud.

11. Remember, Random Banter is not your IM client. If you want to have a back and forth discussion with just one person, look in their contact information for IM details.

12. Whenever a new thread is created, all "first post", "first page", and all posts of that nature will be deleted by the administrators. Please avoid doing this, as it is frustrating for them to deal with one-lined posts like this.

13. Double-posting is not your friend. We have edit buttons for a reason.

And here, linked for your convenience, are the previous incarnations of this thread.
    Previous Threads:

Spoiler
    Show
    Amotis' Random Banter #1
    Dhavaer's Random Banter #2
    PhoeKun's Random Banter #3
    Rei Jin's Random Banter #4
    Toxic Avenger's Random Banter #5
    Jibar's Random Banter #6
    Ego Slayer's Surrogate Random Banter #7
    Sneak's Random Barroom Brawl #8
    Sophistemon's Solemnly Random Banter #9
    Vaynor's Very Random Banter #10
    Bookman's Blathering Random Banter #11
    Gralamin's Glorious Random Banter #12
    Rilik's Resplendently Random Raillery #13
    Gezina's Growling Grazing Random Banter #14
    The Zerglings Utterly And Geeky Random Banter #15
    jaqueses Truthfully Randomly Fireside Banter # 16
    Jack Squat’s Jubilantly Quixotic Random Banter #17
    Cardel's Banter of Cookie Jubilation #18
    Archonic's Chaotically Random Banter of Rods #19
    The Rod's Inanimate Temple of RANDOM banter #20
    Lucky’s Loquaciously Loud-Mouthed Random Banter#21
    Deckmaster's Divinely Delightful Random Banter #22
    Saithis' Soliloquy of Random Banter #23
    Loveable Lianae's Ludicrous Lampooning Lottery #24
    NEO|Phyte's Neolithic Nest of Weasel Banter #25
    Target's Random Banter of "non-violence" #26
    Tarnag40k's Random banter of "grammar errors" #27
    Kyrian's Random Banter of ADHDness #28
    El Jaspero's Random Drunken Ramblings #29
    Boss Smiley's Eloquently Eggy Banter #30
    Lykan's Looney Explosionarama & Random Banter #31
    Iames's Iambic Yarn of Yammering #32
    Dispozition's Deviously Distressed Banter #33
    CP's Copiously Combusting Banter of Carnage #34
    Alarra's Altar of Random Banter #35
    Eloquent Rune's Electrifying Rambling Banter #36
    E_P's Very Own Quite Popular Random Banter #37
    Hydrogelic's Foolish Mortal Random Banter #38
    Ink's Smudgy Splotchy Random Banter #39
    Azrael's Big Black Book of Banter #40
    The Logic Vampire's Rational Random Banter #41
    Shiny's Shimmering Space-hitchin Random Banter #42
    ZombieRockStar's Random Banter #43
    Nostrabel's Realm of Cookies and Random Banter #44
    Charity's Cheery Chatter Circle #45
    Samiam's Spontaneous Scintillating Soliloquy #46
    LLama's Masked Mysterious Random Banter #47
    Ravishing Rydia's Recumbentibus ^_^ Random Banter #48
    Penguinizers Perilous Random Banter #49
    Death's delightfully morbid surrogate random banter #50
    Wayril's wonderfully weird surrogate random banter #51
    Rawhide's Deck of Random Banter (52 Cards)
    Korith's Sorrogate Random Banter of Zombie Killing #53
    Surrogate thread of random Bor-dom #54
    Rex Idiotarum's Painfully Pogoing Thread #55
    The Wrath of KHAAAAAANtalas’s William Shatner Flavored Random Banter # 56 (Surrogate)
    EmeraldRose's Random Banter of Lashing Wit #57
    Captain van der Decken's Surrogate Ship of Random Loot (Banter) #58
    SDF's Neverending I-Don't-Have-an-OotS-Avatar-Yet Story Banter #59
    Mauril's Surrogate Dwelf Banter of Fantasy Race Confusion 60th Edition
    Rockphed's Dice Rolling Toga Party of 61 Drunken CIA Analysts
    var Lord_Magtok = Random(Banter*62) + Surrogate
    Jibar's Retro Random Banter #63
    Malina's Random Spanish Banter #64 of morphical annoyance
    Mr. E's Random Banter #65 of Cane Toting and Hat Tipping
    Ego Slayer's Hellishly Random Banter #66.6
    Purple Gelatinous Cube o' Doom's bowl of bantery j-e-ll-o randomness #67
    Zephra's Random Banter of Ghostly Wailings, and Howling Fun#68
    Cobra Ikari's Random Banter #69 of Rampant Hugging, Guttermindedness, and ;-) Kinky.
    Scorpina's Random Banter #70
    Raistlin1040's Super Special Awesome Random Banter #71(Now with 20% more tacos)
    Uberblah's Random Banter #72 Of Caffeine And Sleep Deprivation Induced Randomness
    Lucky’s Random Banter #73
    Castaras's Random Banter #74
    D'anna Biers RB #75
    Zeb The Troll's RB#76
    Egdpollard's RB #77
    Gezina's and Calamity's Random banter #78 of double entendre and doom
    Random Banter #79 In Loving Memory of Hexa_Regina
    Zeratul's random banter #80 of throwing puppies off bridges
    Vespe's Random Banter #81 of singing dolphins and mostly harmless planets.
    CSK's Giant in the Playground Forums Addicted Anonymous, Random Banter #82
    Iames's Ramblingly Erratic Belldandy-Charged Random Banter #83
    Serpentine's Scintillating Sensually and Sinuously Seductive Stochastic Satire #84
    Radikalskippy's Random Banter #85 of lost ideas and where to find them...
    Moon Called's Random Banter #86 of Sexy Anime Boys and Fangirl Squeals
    Lilly's Lovely Random Banter #87
    FdL's Fuzzbox-Fueled Random Banter #88
    SweetRein's Sugary Restrained Random Banter #89
    Midnight's Mutant Motorcycle Madness Random Banter #90
    Em's Extremely Extraordinarily Epic Random Banter #91
    Dragonrider's Random Banter in Conjunction with the Weighted Cube #92
    Bushranger's Bodaciously Buffed Random Banter-y Rooster #93
    Haruki's Historically Hilarious Honey-covered Random Banter #94
    North's Maple Syrup Flavored Non-Alliterative Random Banter #95 Eh?
    Wadledo's Weirdly Warbling Watercress Watching Washing Machine Only Random Banter #96
    SMEE's Random Banter #97 of gender bending and closet bursting
    Raiser's Rambunctiously Rambling Random Banter #98
    Dr. Bath's Random Banter, dripping with daring deeds of dastardly deipnosophists #99
    VOTE, the Democracy Demon's Devilishly Devious and Decidedly Diabolical Desultory Derision (Random Banter) #100
    Jack Squat's Justlessly Juxtaposed Random Banter #101
    Dallas-Dakota's Dundering Dandelion's Devilish Damsel's Distress Random Banter #102
    Destro Yersul's Dangerously Distracting and Doubtlessly Disturbing Random Banter #103
    Aziraphiles Actually Alliterative and Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104
    Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105
    Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106
    Slayer's Seemingly Sweet and Socially Silly Random Banter # 107
    Zero's ambrosial and aberrantly adventitious, abstemiously erudite Random Banter #108

Coplantor's Completely Creative Cautious and Contemplative Random Banter #109
    Rutskarn's Roly-Poly Rebellious and Rejected Random Banter #110
    TwoBitWriter's Tubular Tracts of Thought-Talking Random Banter #111
    Phase's Phully Phormed, Phalangeal, and Phantasmagorical Random Banter #112

Wolfbane's Wonderfully Wacky and Wildly Wandom Random Banter #113

The Kiwi's Kinkily Knotted and Kookily Kickass Random Banter #114
    Jude's Judgmental Jugular Jab and Jibber Jabbery Random Banter #115
    The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116
    Random Banter #117
    Dragonprime's Dynamically Dangerous Dextrous and Destructive Random Banter #118
    Farmer Felix's Fantastic FRandom FBanter #119 (may contain traces of fnuts)
    Groundhog's Random Banter of Weather Prediction and Anti-Gopherness (part one)
    Groundhog's Random Banter of Weather Prediction and Anti-Gopherness (part two)

Mrmud's Mixed-Up and Minimally Mechanized Random Banter #121
    Dogmantra's Dastardly, Despotic and Dangerous Random Banter #122

Chocolate Hammer Chocolate Hammer Chocolate Hammer Chocolate Hammer
    As stated above, this thread is for random discussion, not random chit chat. That is to say, this is a forum, not your IM client. People have set up an unofficial IRC chat thingy for that sort of thing. Not only will you not annoy the people here, you will also help increase the popularity of the IRC chat. The latter is great... the former? Not so much.

So... have fun, I guess!

The new thread! She is mine, ha ha ha!

Hmm, now how do I work in the anachronism...oh well, I'll figure that out later.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Alteran's Amazingly Anachronistic, Altruistic, and Antagonistic Random Banter #12

Don't mind my poor ego! I shall go and cry in the corner now, for I no longer have reason to frequent Friendly Banter. If anyone needs me, I'll be in SMBG!

So... umm... Stupid TVtropes sucking up my life![/attempt to make a reply that's actually productive]
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Alteran's Amazingly Anachronistic, Altruistic, and Antagonistic Random Banter #12

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Don't mind my poor ego! I shall go and cry in the corner now, for I no longer have reason to frequent Friendly Banter. If anyone needs me, I'll be in SMBG!

So... umm... Stupid TVtropes sucking up my life![/attempt to make a reply that's actually productive]
    Poor, poor Doggy.

Surely you saw that recent xkcd.....

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Let us spam this thread!

Spam.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Let us spam this thread!

Spam.
    RB pretty much IS spam, you know?

We're not big on the meaningful.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Ahh, TVTropes... so wondrously time-consuming.

Is it just me, or has RB been moving slower of late? Where has everybody gone?
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    RB pretty much IS spam, you know?

We're not big on the meaningful.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by afroakuma View Post
    Is it just me, or has RB been moving slower of late? Where has everybody gone?
    When your RB thread is just about to hit 50 pages, it can't be moving slow enough
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    When your RB thread is just about to hit 50 pages, it can't be moving slow enough
    Aww, poor Dogmantra.

They had a good time, though. They'll remember it fondly.
    Need a place to hang? Like Discord? Don't mind dealing with a capricious demon lord? Then you're welcome to join our LGBTQ+ friendly, often silly, very geeky server to discuss food, music, video games, tabletop, and much more.

Manual of the Planes 5th Edition: for all the things the official 5E Planescape didn't cover. Check it out.

10. - Top - End - #10

Oh, it's okay really. I didn't cry much...

I do put this sort of thing on, though. I'm sure I once wrote a few paragraphs on how upset I was that something was entirely the wrong shade of pink.
    BANG → !

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

So I just made a nice big book order on Amazon. Fifty bucks of Batman and Discworld.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haha! A new random banter!

Also, I'm back guys. I know I didn't quite say I was leaving, but I had some computer parts replaced, so now I have 4 GB of RAM and 500 GB HDD, and it's nice. I missed the playground so much though!
    DFTBA

Thanks to Exeson for the AWESOME avatar, and Recaiden for the doll below!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    So I just made a nice big book order on Amazon. Fifty bucks of Batman and Discworld.
    Score one for Phase!

I have no idea against whom.

14. - Top - End - #14

Aww, poor Dogmantra.

They had a good time, though. They'll remember it fondly.
    Hello there Afro, it's not often we see you around these parts. You'll be pleased to hear that I may be testing out your beloved 3.5 edition sometime in the future. Don't expect a conversion, I just thought you'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    Score one for Phase!

I have no idea against whom.
    Against us Earthdwellers. Haven't you ever found it suspicious? The moon is always up there, watching and circling. He's watching all of us, you know. This may seem like an innocent order of literature to most, but you shouldn't be fooled. He obviously has something sinister in mind. I mean, do you know how hard it is to get Amazon to even deliver to the moon?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Alteran View Post
    I mean, do you know how hard it is to get Amazon to even deliver to the moon?
    I suspect there were many Moon Doubloons changing hands.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Hello there Afro, it's not often we see you around these parts.
    You'd be surprised where I show up. I run the Heroes discussion threads on Media Discussions and I often show up here to ask... well, let's leave it at "questions" and hope nobody remembers, eh? Stupid foot.

You'll be pleased to hear that I may be testing out your beloved 3.5 edition sometime in the future. Don't expect a conversion, I just thought you'd like to know.
    We'll see. At worst, you might just become "bilingual," which is appropriate for a Canadian.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I personally only have the one, very confused Welshman in my family tree.

I think he's mostly confused due to the fact that there aren't any other Welshmen further up(or is it down? I can never remember...). And somehow that ties into a Cherokee that may or may not have existed or have played a role in producing my ancestors with my other ancestors.

*crunches on hummus toast* So, what's up, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Apparently they have discovered my nefarious schemes to kidnap the Space-mo-nauts they send to deliver my books. The tricky bastards.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

For some reason I thought this said human toast.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground

That, that picture, is.... BLASPHEMY!! a Hello Kitty Darth Vader .

I should really print that out and stick it on my borther's computer screen .

Anyways, I find myself lucky, i can't stand TVtropes, and i've only found myself sucked in by it once (the Oh Crap trope). It's great because i've seen others waste hours and hours on that site, just because they clicked one link to it from oots
    Awesome avatar by Shades Of Gray!

I really need to find some new quotes to put here.

21. - Top - End - #21

We'll see. At worst, you might just become "bilingual," which is appropriate for a Canadian.
    I suppose we shall see. I enjoy learning about a new system, but it's a little annoying to be working off of borrowed books and the SRD. Still, better than what I'd get for 4e if I had no books.
    Last edited by Alteran; 2009-07-15 at 08:41 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mmmm, human toast. It is a tad watery, but it's got crunch.

Apparently they have discovered my nefarious schemes to kidnap the Space-mo-nauts they send to deliver my books. The tricky bastards.
    I hate it when "they" compromise the best of plans. Got a Plan B?
    DFTBA

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

The SRD's quite impressive, actually, in terms of what it provides. If you have any questions, of course, my inbox is usually open.

24. - Top - End - #24

NecromancerGuy

That's reserved for special occasions and company.

Hmm. I've always wondered what you did with the books, since they don't really make them in your size...
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25

The SRD's quite impressive, actually, in terms of what it provides. If you have any questions, of course, my inbox is usually open.
    I am very happy to have the SRD, it's just with the large amount of splatbooks that are out I've heard about a lot of things that I won't have access to. Thanks for the offer of help, but I don't think I'd end up using anything I don't have in a book anyways. As for rule questions, two of my friends have more experience with the system than I, so I can usually ask them.

That's reserved for special occasions and company.
    I can't imagine it's easy to find spreadable human.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am very happy to have the SRD, it's just with the large amount of splatbooks that are out I've heard about a lot of things that I won't have access to. Thanks for the offer of help, but I don't think I'd end up using anything I don't have in a book anyways. As for rule questions, two of my friends have more experience with the system than I, so I can usually ask them.
    I usually just keep PDF copies of the books, but I use many online references also for most my splatbooks. Other people are always a good fallback though. Except when they disagree.
    DFTBA

27. - Top - End - #27

I can't imagine it's easy to find spreadable human.
    You'd be surprised. There's a great place down the road from me that does a 2-for-1 deal on 500g tubs.
    BANG → !

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm. I've always wondered what you did with the books, since they don't really make them in your size...
    I wear giant glasses...

Plan B? Tacos.

29. - Top - End - #29

I wear giant glasses...

Plan B? Tacos.
    I was about to agree, but I suppose yours must really be giant.
    But tacos are much less fun to read. And so fragile. A good book should be very tough.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #30

NecromancerGuy

I wear giant glasses...

Plan B? Tacos.
    I love taco night... ...But I don't have any tacos right now...
    Homebrew