New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default A god am I [homebrew edition]

Simply put this is where all the stuff home brewed for "A god am I" goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: A god am I [homebrew edition]

I'm thinking of making an artifact that would be aligned with the Plane of Creation, to aid in my character's obsession with progression. (hey, that rhymed)

I wanted it to lessen the cost of certain actions, but according to the rules, I can only make it focus on one action, or gain 1 AP/week, so +1 AP it'll be.

What if someone assists me in creating it?
    Last edited by zerombr; 2009-02-24 at 08:33 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

All the stuff from what now?

4. - Top - End - #4

It's an ongoing game, I believe - I saw it in the pbp section.
    A System-Independent Creative Community:
    Strolen's Citadel

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

I'm wanting to make a versatile race, kinda like Changelings. ones that could be strong and tough, then sleek and fast or whatnot, i'm not certain i know of a humanoid race that can do this, It'll probably be a LA 2 race like Changelings. Does anyone have a race I can base this off of?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Maybe shifters? If you're looking for ability score adjustments or something like that, you might be able to use something like the shifters' different options.
    Some Stuff I've tried brewing:

Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Mind- Evil split personality template
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75765

Eldritch ghost- Warlock/Ninja PrC
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...eldritch+ghost

Student of the Fox- Class based on kitsune
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77615

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

thanks, that's a good enough basis.

Hey kopout, how far you want me to detail my race?

8. - Top - End - #8

EvilClericGuy

as much as you whant
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

ok I haven't made anything from Savage Species yet, but this is a rough draft of what the Protean race is

+2 INT (Lukica intends for her chosen to be able to analyze easily)
    +2 CON (She also intends for them to be hardy)
    -2 CHA (They find it hard to relate to the other races.

Limited Shaping abilities, similar to Shifter class, but each one would have
    3 of the same abilities

+2 Con +2 Natural AR
    +2 Dex +10 footspeed
    +2 Strength Natural claw weapons

Favored Class: Factotum

+1 LA (possibly more)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Songtouched (in progress) - basic physical description:
    Spoiler
    Show

The songtouched are a race of musicians and artists from a small region of the continent known as Haven. The songtouched tend to be peaceful, but can be dangerous when provoked.

The average songtouched stands roughly 5'7" tall, and weighs around 100lb, with no real height or weight difference between the genders. They typically resemble humans, although they often have dark hair and unusual eye colours (including purple, red, green and amber).

All songtouched possess fine wings, resembling those of a dragonfly or an insect, although for most these have limited utility beyond being quite impressive.

In more recent times, most of the Songtouched were remade to be closer to their creator's image - in particular, these Songtouched gained functional wings, and the ability to breathe almost anywhere - even underwater and in a thin atmosphere.

They could also remake their wings into something more suitable for travelling underwater, as well as gaining massively heightened senses.

True Songtouched are a race with a +2 Level Adjustment, and the following racial traits:

• Speeds: land 30ft, Fly 60ft (Average), Swim 30ft
    • +2 Wisdom, +2 Charisma, -2 Constitution. The True Songtouched were remade with the insight they would need to resist temptation, as well as the .
    • Enhanced Perception: +2 to Sense Motive, Spot, Listen and Search checks.
    • The Songtouched can breathe normally in both water and air, and in situations where the air would normally be too thin to breathe (NOT, however, in a vacuum).
    • Independence (Ex): A True Songotuched is incredibly difficult to threaten, control or bully, even by preternatural means. They cannot become cohorts, thralls, believers or followers. Additionally, they may always make a saving throw against any mind-affecting effect, as if it had the saving throw "Will negates", even if the saving throw is different or none is permitted. All such saves are made at a +2 racial bonus.
    • Water sight. While underwater, a Songtouched can see out to a radius of 120ft. A songtouched does not have low-light vision, but under an open sky (even if overcast), can see as plainly as in day. This is a supernatural ability.
    • A True Songtouched's breathing in unusual environments, as well as her fly and swim speeds, are considered supernatural.
    • A songtouched who is not helpless can use her wings to prevent falling damage, travelling a horizontal distance equal to four times the distance fallen in so doing. She may not use this ability if there is insufficient space, or if the damage was incurred by failing to recover from a stall.

I'm not too great on creating player races - they may need a slight nerf in order to hit LA +2.
    Last edited by lesser_minion; 2009-04-01 at 01:41 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

Iura Ciel's Epic Powers:

Spoiler
    Show
    Learn Power
    Telepathy(Mind-affecting)
    Psicraft DC: 0
    Components: Visual Display
    Manifesting Time: 20 minutes
    Range: Touch
    Target: Creature Touched
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: Will negates(Harmless)
    Power Resistance: Yes(Harmless)
    To Develop: 0 gp; 0 days; 0 XP; Seed: Foresee(DC 17), Seed: Reveal(DC 19), Base Power: Psychic Reformation(ad hoc DC: 10+Level of Power(=14)).
    Factors: Learn any Power(ad hoc +20 DC),Permanent duration(x5 DC).
    Mitigating Factors: Increase manifesting time by 10 minutes(-20 DC), 56d6 Backlash Damage(-56 DC), pay 348 powerpoints(equivalent to 20 9th level spell slots and 8 1st level spell slots, ad hoc -174 DC(using Table: Additional Participants in rituals as guideline, and halving the DC reduction because this isn't a ritual)), Expend Psionic Focus(ad hoc -0 DC), Burn 10000 XP(-100 DC).

Learn Power allows the touched creature, which must be capable of manifesting psionic powers, to learn any psionic power up to 9th level, adding it to his/her list of powers known. The touched creature may now manifest the newly learned power as normal, and it is treated in all ways as if s/he had researched it.

----------------------------------------------
    Calculation of Final Psicraft DC:
    17(Foresee Seed)+19(Reveal Seed)+14(Base power: Psychic Reformation)+20(Learn any Power) x5(Permanent Duration).

This equals (17+19+14+20)x5 = 70x5 = 350 DC before mitigating factors.

Mitigating factors: -20 DC(increased manifesting time), -56 DC(56d6 Backlash Damage), -174 DC(pay 348 powerpoints), -0 DC(Expend Psionic Focus), Burn 10000 XP(-100 DC).

This equals -(20+56+174+0+100) = -350 DC.

Thus, the final epic power has a Psicraft DC of 0, and can be developed on the fly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Astral Juggernaut
    Metacreativity(creation)
    Psicraft DC: 0
    Components: Visual Display, Material Display
    Manifesting Time: 20 Minutes
    Range: Close
    Effect: One Astral Juggernaut(modified Astral Construct)
    Duration: Permanent
    To Develop: 0 gp; 0 days; 0 XP; Seed: Conjure(DC 21), Base Power: Astral Construct(ad hoc DC: 10+Level of Power(=11)).
    Factors: Extra Menu options(ad hoc +24 DC for 2 extra menu options per menu or +4 DC per choice), Can be called by a specific Incantation(ad hoc +14 DC) ,Permanent duration(x5 DC).
    Mitigating Factors: Increase manifesting time by 10 minutes(-20 DC), 56d6 Backlash Damage(-56 DC), pay 348 powerpoints(equivalent to 20 9th level spell slots and 8 1st level spell slots, ad hoc -174 DC(using Table: Additional Participants in rituals as guideline, and halving the DC reduction because this isn't a ritual)), Expend Psionic Focus(ad hoc -0 DC), Burn 10000 XP(-100 DC).

Astral Juggernaut creates a permanent Astral Construct more powerful than others of its kind. The Astral Construct manifested possesses 2 abilities from menu A, 2 abilities from menu B, and 3 abilities from menu C(which may be traded for lower-menu abilities as normal).
    This Astral Juggernaut may be called to the Material plane for 10 minutes using a specific Incantation.

More Powers may be edited into this post later, when I think of them.

For now, these are the epic powers of Iura, awaiting Approval.
    Last edited by Aldgar; 2009-04-02 at 01:01 AM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's an entry for the Kitsune I did on another board, with some slight modifications for how they turned out in this game. Here we go... Kitsune, done in the style of an MM entry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitsune
    Size/Type: Small Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 1d8 (8 hp)

Initiative: +0

Speed: 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3

Attack: Bite (1d4+1) or by weapon.
    Full Attack:
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Shapechange (Su)
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0

Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3, Move Silently +4, Disguise +4

Feats: By character class
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, pair, large party
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually chaotic good
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +2

Kitsune are a species of fox-people. They tend to be cute and helpless looking, although they are really fairly tough (and have a wicked bite).

Grown Kitsune are still relatively small, being about half the size of a human. A more reliable method for knowing how old one is, is to count the tails. They have beautiful fox-tails, and grow more the older they get. One going through adolescence will have five. Most Kitsune tend to live around 500 years if nothing kills them off.

Ktisune tend to be pranksters and inordinately fond of shiny objects which they tend to "borrow" from others. They are inordinately curious, and thus enjoy exploring, studying, or anything else where there’s a good chance to learn the answers to all their burning questions. While they have no more inherent abilities towards Magic than any other race, Roberts imbued them with a form of shapeshifting, allowing them to assume the form of any humanoid or canine that pleases them.

Their organization tends towards a tribal level rather than the great nations that humans (et. al) are capable of. However this is mitigated by the willingness of Kitsune to Infiltrate and live amongst other races for some time. Kitsune speak Common as well as their own language. They also, having been created by a Water God, have no problem on ships, and are natural sailors and swimmers.
    Combat
    Kitsune tend to avoid combat when possible. Skilled use of their shapeshifting abilities will usually get them out of ordinary situations. When peacefully avoiding a fight fails, they prefer ambushes. Quickly they strike at an opponent, and then retreat hoping to wear him down with sneak attacks and sniping.
    Shapechange (Su): Kitsune have the power to change into any Humanoid creature. They can also assume the form of an Animal, or Magical Beast if it’s based on a canine. This ability is usable at will. They gain any Extraordinary or Supernatural abilities of that form. They may use any class abilities while in the other form, as long as it doesn’t require a part the form does not have. For example, dogs are incapable of speaking and have paws incapable of the fine gestures required, ergo a Kitsune in dog form could not cast spells with a somatic or verbal component (and is unlikely to have his material components nearby).
    Kitsune As Characters
    Kitsune characters possess the following racial traits.
    • Strength -2, Dexterity +2, Charisma +2.
    • Size Small.
    • A Kitsune’s base land speed is 20 feet.
    • Shapechange (Su) at will.
    • Kitsune get a +4 racial bonus to Disguise and Hide.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Kitsune
    • Favored Class: Rogue
    • Level adjustment +2.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    Here's an entry for the Kitsune I did on another board, with some slight modifications for how they turned out in this game. Here we go... Kitsune, done in the style of an MM entry.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kitsune
    Size/Type: Small Humanoid
    Hit Dice: 1d8 (8 hp)

Initiative: +0

Speed: 20 ft.
    Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 leather armor), touch 10, flat-footed 15
    Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3

Attack: Bite (1d4+1) or by weapon.
    Full Attack:
    Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
    Special Attacks: —
    Special Qualities: Shapechange (Su)
    Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0

Abilities: Str 8, Dex 12, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Skills: Listen +2, Spot +3, Move Silently +4, Disguise +4

Feats: By character class
    Environment: Any
    Organization: Solitary, pair, large party
    Challenge Rating: 1
    Treasure: Standard
    Alignment: Usually chaotic good
    Advancement: By character class
    Level Adjustment: +2

Kitsune are a species of fox-people. They tend to be cute and helpless looking, although they are really fairly tough (and have a wicked bite).

Grown Kitsune are still relatively small, being about half the size of a human. A more reliable method for knowing how old one is, is to count the tails. They have beautiful fox-tails, and grow more the older they get. One going through adolescence will have five. Most Kitsune tend to live around 500 years if nothing kills them off.

Ktisune tend to be pranksters and inordinately fond of shiny objects which they tend to "borrow" from others. They are inordinately curious, and thus enjoy exploring, studying, or anything else where there’s a good chance to learn the answers to all their burning questions. While they have no more inherent abilities towards Magic than any other race, Roberts imbued them with a form of shapeshifting, allowing them to assume the form of any humanoid or canine that pleases them.

Their organization tends towards a tribal level rather than the great nations that humans (et. al) are capable of. However this is mitigated by the willingness of Kitsune to Infiltrate and live amongst other races for some time. Kitsune speak Common as well as their own language. They also, having been created by a Water God, have no problem on ships, and are natural sailors and swimmers.
    Combat
    Kitsune tend to avoid combat when possible. Skilled use of their shapeshifting abilities will usually get them out of ordinary situations. When peacefully avoiding a fight fails, they prefer ambushes. Quickly they strike at an opponent, and then retreat hoping to wear him down with sneak attacks and sniping.
    Shapechange (Su): Kitsune have the power to change into any Humanoid creature. They can also assume the form of an Animal, or Magical Beast if it’s based on a canine. This ability is usable at will. They gain any Extraordinary or Supernatural abilities of that form. They may use any class abilities while in the other form, as long as it doesn’t require a part the form does not have. For example, dogs are incapable of speaking and have paws incapable of the fine gestures required, ergo a Kitsune in dog form could not cast spells with a somatic or verbal component (and is unlikely to have his material components nearby).
    Kitsune As Characters
    Kitsune characters possess the following racial traits.
    • Strength -2, Dexterity +2, Charisma +2.
    • Size Small.
    • A Kitsune’s base land speed is 20 feet.
    • Shapechange (Su) at will.
    • Kitsune get a +4 racial bonus to Disguise and Hide.
    • Automatic Languages: Common, Kitsune
    • Favored Class: Rogue
    • Level adjustment +2.
    Your shapechange should be Alter Shape. If you limit the acquired forms further, by limiting them by the kitsune's own hit dice, you could very well remove the level adjustment completely.
    Last edited by Draken; 2009-04-01 at 07:40 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

i'm not too certain how much need we have to worry about LAs and whatnot. I know I just don't want to have to scuffle with Aldgar, since Iura has so much thought put into her feat selection and whatnot.
    Zero: Out on the town, lookin for a bad time...

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

IMHO, building your deity is moot. Deciding your SDAs is pointless. Even if you technically have "Create Avatar" you still have to spend the three AP.

On the other hand. It is a nice thought exercise.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #16

Currently, I'm going with the concept "If there are LoC rules for it, use those. If there aren't, try to stick as close to 3.5 as possible."

Oh, and I fully expect combat, especially large scale combat that involves armies to be completely different from DnD.

I just want to add fluff, crunch and factors that influence the outcome of combat to my army.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

and that's kinda what is worrying me. that we'll have a largescale combat and there'll be a clash between you and me because you may end up crunching out all sorts of superior stats/feat distribution or whatnot, and I'm playing it by ear

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Bear in mind that the divine combat system is actually very different to the D&D system.

Most of the simulacra are just Create Herald (hint: Heralds also make great generals for any armies you might be raising)

But, yeah. I'm making it a bit more explicit why I transformed the songtouched and started making guardians into immortals now.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Your shapechange should be Alter Shape. If you limit the acquired forms further, by limiting them by the kitsune's own hit dice, you could very well remove the level adjustment completely.
    What's in a aname, that which we call a rose by any other name would it not smell as sweet?

But getting rid of the LA sounds cool to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldgar View Post
    Currently, I'm going with the concept "If there are LoC rules for it, use those. If there aren't, try to stick as close to 3.5 as possible."

Oh, and I fully expect combat, especially large scale combat that involves armies to be completely different from DnD.

I just want to add fluff, crunch and factors that influence the outcome of combat to my army.
    Fortunatly, You aren't the only one to put some thought into it.

Quote Originally Posted by zerombr View Post
    and that's kinda what is worrying me. that we'll have a largescale combat and there'll be a clash between you and me because you may end up crunching out all sorts of superior stats/feat distribution or whatnot, and I'm playing it by ear
    Just be on the Good guys. Haven't you heard? They always win in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    Bear in mind that the divine combat system is actually very different to the D&D system.

Most of the simulacra are just Create Herald (hint: Heralds also make great generals for any armies you might be raising)
    CR 16+DR? They make good Front-line troops!! Especially against any non-devine threats in the world right now. I mean we're JUST starting to get PC classes, no way is any body even 9 yet, much less epic.
    "Besides, you know the saying: Kill one, and you are a murderer. Kill millions, and you are a conqueror. Kill them all, and you are a god." -- Fishman

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING
    no way is any body even 9 yet, much less epic.
    Bear in mind that one week of real time is 300 years of adventuring, potentially, for mortals.

I think the point behind the level limit is that for the first 12 weeks of gameplay, mortals haven't bothered to invent the abilities of a high-level character, rather than because nobody can gain enough experience.

Also, no breaking the fact that heralds are free, or we WILL slap (limits on) you.

Last edited by lesser_minion; 2009-04-02 at 04:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lesser_minion View Post
    Bear in mind that one week of real time is 300 years of adventuring, potentially, for mortals.
    Therebouts, yes. So I spent some 2-3 HUndred years teaching those goofs how to make some decent boats.

I think the point behind the level limit is that for the first 12 weeks of gameplay, mortals haven't bothered to invent the abilities of a high-level character, rather than because nobody can gain enough experience.
    I dunno, we seem to be at a SoD problem here. How would they EARN those valuable XPs as there are no encounters for them to "defeat" yet.

Also, no breaking the fact that heralds are free, or we WILL slap (limits on) you.

Look at the name sissa, look at the name.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

I dunno, we seem to be at a SoD problem here. How would they EARN those valuable XPs as there are no encounters for them to "defeat" yet.
    Theoretically, doesn't a D&D game have an infinite amount of XP? Just get 20 hobgoblins together, and each day have the fight it out using non-lethal damage. When they get close in level, start fighting them yourself. As long as non-lethal damage is used, XP should eventually get where you need it to be, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    [rant]
    Ya know, its really hard to learn D&D online. I can figure out how to craft an epic spell to kill whatever I want, but not how much XP I could earn from killing a dire wolf. I.e., the most obscure details of the game are detailed incredibly well, but certain basic concepts are either not touched on or are hidden in such random places as to make searchs and directories useless for finding them. I've looked all over for rules on things like "what is the multiclass penalty" or "how much XP does an encounter give you" or "when is XP awarded"[/rant]
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    Theoretically, doesn't a D&D game have an infinite amount of XP? Just get 20 hobgoblins together, and each day have the fight it out using non-lethal damage. When they get close in level, start fighting them yourself. As long as non-lethal damage is used, XP should eventually get where you need it to be, right?
    Depends on how lose you use "defeat" I guess.

Spoiler
    Show
    [rant]
    Ya know, its really hard to learn D&D online. I can figure out how to craft an epic spell to kill whatever I want, but not how much XP I could earn from killing a dire wolf. I.e., the most obscure details of the game are detailed incredibly well, but certain basic concepts are either not touched on or are hidden in such random places as to make searchs and directories useless for finding them. I've looked all over for rules on things like "what is the multiclass penalty" or "how much XP does an encounter give you" or "when is XP awarded"[/rant]
    20% for each class not within 1 level of your highest level class. (This doesn't count your race's Favored class).

Depends.

Depends on the DM, it can be per-encounter or he can count it all up to the end of the session and award one lump sum.

The problem with "How much XP does an encounter give you?" Is it's base on your level and how much of a challenge it'll be to beat the encounter ("Beat" doesn't nessisarily mean violently but that's the way most adventurers go.) The encounter has a CR, the charecters have levels, and there's a big chart to compare the two. That's probably one reason it's not online...

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I was under the impression that D&D online had embraced the 'Story XP' rules fully - IIRC, you don't get any XP for an encounter, only for quests.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    20% for each class not within 1 level of your highest level class. (This doesn't count your race's Favored class).

Depends.

Depends on the DM, it can be per-encounter or he can count it all up to the end of the session and award one lump sum.
    spoilered, cause its kinda offtopic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1.So, an Elf Barb 5/Fighter 4/Wiz 1 takes no penalty?
    2.mostly answered
    3.Moreso, I meant when does the player become entitled to it. Upon killing the enemy? Upon ending combat? Upon killing all enemies?(Like, if a party comes up against an overwhelming monster group and runs, except for the meatshield, who stays to slow the monsters down. Does the meatshield earn any XP for killing/defeating any of them?
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

[QUOTE=Godskook;5955204]spoilered, cause its kinda offtopic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    1.So, an Elf Barb 5/Fighter 4/Wiz 1 takes no penalty?
    2.mostly answered
    3.Moreso, I meant when does the player become entitled to it. Upon killing the enemy? Upon ending combat? Upon killing all enemies?(Like, if a party comes up against an overwhelming monster group and runs, except for the meatshield, who stays to slow the monsters down. Does the meatshield earn any XP for killing/defeating any of them?
    [/QUO

exp is earned upon solution of a problem or upon DEFEAT of an enemy. the meatshield in that case, assuming he survives, should get a pretty good ad-hoc bonus simply because of his self-sacrifice, IMO

27. - Top - End - #27

EvilClericGuy

Pillbugs

* +2 Constitution, +2 wis, - 2 int, -2 char.
    * Vermin (Intelligent).
    * Small: As a Small creature, a Pillbug gains a +1 size bonus to Armor Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 size bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are three-quarters of those of a Medium character.
    * base land speed is 40 feet.
    * Low-Light Vision: A pillbug can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. He retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
    *Natural armor +3
    * None threatening. Something about pilbugs causes creatures with an int of 3 or grater to classify them as not a threat, unless they are doing something overly threatening. (all NPC's are indifferent to them as a default regardless of how they normally react to others)
    *Darkvision: Bugers can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and they can function just fine with no light at all.
    * Automatic Languages: Common and Pillbug. Bonus Languages: none
    * Favored Class: None. Treat a multiclass Pillbugs first class as favored.
    * Level Adjustment: +0.

Intelligent (sub type) A member of a type that normally has an int of 3< is treated as being humanoid or monstrous humanoid for the purposes of gaining class levels.
    Last edited by kopout; 2009-04-18 at 07:32 PM.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

28. - Top - End - #28

Behold, a crudely *drawn* worldmap thingy. It actually displays very little of the world, but hey, it's a start.

Created in paint in 4 minutes.

Yes, I have no artistic skill whatsoever. You may point and laugh now.

The green part is the forest of the arkun, the light blue is a big lake thingy, the yellow part is a desert. Mountains are the gray zig-zag line.

"A" represents Alexion

"F" represents the outer Arkun's fishing port town thingy(it's probably connected to some river or something, which leads to the ocean to the left)

Last edited by Aldgar; 2009-04-11 at 01:25 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Zeta Kai is good at map making (very good, in fact).
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

gotta say I'm miffed, that you left off my race, I thought my guys were somewhat memorable, but I see otherwise now