New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Mystify View Post
    ***Seriously, put the Book of Erotic Fantasy down and back away slowly.
    ******Seriously, put the FATAl rulebook down into the furnace and nobody gets hurt.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

**** & ***** Why were we skipped?
    *******Why did we agree to play FATAL again?
    ********Because I'm mom's favorite

*If at any point I/or my character can safety read fatal that means I take 100d100san loss. Or whatever may be applicable within the game

*Not to send swarms at the party with no area attacks.

*Ghouls are happy and they know it

*Don't anger the ancient order that worships the long dead individual that not even death would take as he was hanged.
    **Especially when its established there are 30+ of them and 4of you
    ***Even worse if your only Lvl2
    ****Also don't call there religion evil or weak
    *****Especially when they speak a language that can change/shift reality to some effect
    ******If you have fever dreams of speaking to said ancient being its best not to insult it
    *******If at any point you meet a member of your family within said cult & there dead but much older leave the questions be
    ********As answers will cause san lose
    *********Don't insult said order as your leaving there temple after they have kicked you around twice

*When given a choice of multiple jobs don't just jump in try and do each
    **Especially when your options involve killing several dragons, or a large group of cannibals that can rise from the dead, or a single dragon its rider and her followers, or infiltrating a hostile group to destabilize them
    ***Even worse is to help some of said cannibals escape from prison so you don't have to hunt more of them
    ****Even more so when he is a expy of Hannibal Lecter

*If you've doomed the world is best to try and fix your mistakes
    **Especially when they involve a world war that will plunge the setting into complete darkness
    Check Out
    Check out my youtube channel just click here and enjoy?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Miscast_Mage View Post
    You're a frickin' ninja below me, too!? You got mad skills, Vknight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    Rogue vs. Dog. (The new Cat vs. Commoner, only not amusing!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    You are making the assumption of rational planning. After 37 years of dungeon crawling, I still have zero evidence that the average dungeon was designed by the sane.
    "Sleep is optional, just ask Vknight" Someone I Forget but thanks... I don't

3. - Top - End - #393
    Bugbear in the Playground

*Seceretly have all members of your trouble shooting team all belong to a secret society founded by yourself with the destruction of Friend Computer as its ultimate goal is something you really should tell your GM about
    *It is paranoia is not an answer... okay it totally is.

Countdown to the zombie Apocalypse: braaaaaaains.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

I make not make the party encounter any form of spider themed monster if they include one player who is Arachnophobia out of character.

* Especially if it's a none combat encounter.

*Having the spider drop down from it's Web, start singing "I like to move it move it, I like to move it move it." in a bad Jamaican accent while moon-walking a circle around the party is absolutely out.

**So is having the party leave the Arachnophobia players high Cha bard a note as there leaving saying "Come back any time." If he offered no violence to the party and clearly wasn't doing in any manner that can be construed as an actual danger to the character.

*May not set the campagin in australia.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

5. - Top - End - #395
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

*Just because your staff of fireballs only needs a short phrase to work does not mean you can use 2 like in Skyrim.
    **Double if you swap the second for some shield based spell.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

*I may not abuse the Buddhist Monk's vow of poverty to take their monastery and turn it into my stronghold.

**Doubly allowed not to abuse it to take their robes.

***Tripley not allowed to so this to take their underwear just because I'm evil.

****Especially after kicking them out of their monastery that happened to be on top of a mountain.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #397
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    *I may not abuse the Buddhist Monk's vow of poverty to take their monastery and turn it into my stronghold.

**Doubly allowed not to abuse it to take their robes.

***Tripley not allowed to so this to take their underwear just because I'm evil.

****Especially after kicking them out of their monastery that happened to be on top of a mountain.
    *****A Futurama box set will be thrown if they had a giant sound broadcasting satellite dish on top to try and find god by sending messages to random parts of existence.

******No you can not lock them in the laundry room with nothing to eat but their shoes.
    Last edited by wiimanclassic; 2012-03-16 at 11:33 PM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by wiimanclassic View Post
    *****A Futurama box set will be thrown if they had a giant sound broadcasting satellite dish on top to try and find god by sending messages to random parts of existence.

******No you can not lock them in the laundry room with nothing to eat but their shoes.
    *******If you try that, it will turn out they all have at least ten levels in monk and multiclassed into sorcerer. Beware the fusion of magic and the martial arts.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    *******If you try that, it will turn out they all have at least ten levels in monk and multiclassed into sorcerer. Beware the fusion of magic and the martial arts.
    *******Or they will be Unarmed Swordsages with Tornado Throw and so a whole lot more dangerous than people expect monks to be.
    Illumian Dread Necromancer Lich avatar by Tinymushroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...

Blood~

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

Welp, time to bury you in hypothetical things I can't do now!

*In mutants and masterminds, I cannot have only one device with one power, and attempt to use it for everything.
    *Even if it is a hammer.
    *there is never an apporotiate time to bring out a superhero called “The Gimp.”
    * Cannot build a power that is a Reaction-action strike, just so I can have attacks of opportunity.
    *Cannot Build a step-up and strike into it as well, just so I can do it again and again and again…
    *I will get books thrown at me if I somehow manage to afford immunity to all forms of damage and saves.
    *Cannot say that the objects made by create object are “Pulled outta MY ARSE!”
    *Cannot have a pocket-dimesion in the same location.
    *My celtic superhero may be allowed to shoot fire form his eyes, but he is not allowed to blast lightning form his ass.
    *If a player has intangibility and concealment from all senses, including their own, cannot force them to save VS existential damage.
    *Descartes is not the approtiate response.
    *Cannot have more minions, sidekicks, or duplicates than I can fit in a small house.
    *Cannot get around this by having minions with duplication.
    *Or making them really flexible.
    *Or microscopic.
    *or rebuilding the metaphorical house.
    *ONE minion who’s really big is pushing it.
    * Cannot use the burrowing power to strip mine earth’s resources.
    * Not to ask why my hero can dig faster than he can run.
    * My superhero is not subject to change characterisations at the whims of the writers.
    * Cannot use the create-objects power to end world hunger and cause world peace.
    *Even IF it makes sense.
    * Cannot have “Summon C’thulhu” as a superpower.
    * Even if he’s hostile to me. No, wait, ESPECIALLY if.
    * If I teleport something, I am expected to teleport ALL of it, and not just it’s internal organs.
    * Teleporting someone and forgetting their clothes is ground for my character to be arrest for sexual assault.
    *Cannot use a mass teleport power that has the side effect of confusion every time it’s used.
    *Or one that summons the hounds of tindalos.
    *I must have at least ONE power that has side-effects less dangerous than the power itself.
    *No matter how many ranks of super strength I have, I cannot be ‘SuperHobo’ and carry our base of operations around on my back.
    *Likewise cannot be the “Shoplifter” and carry home entire shopping malls for easy looting.
    *Hulking Hurlers be dammned, I cannot have enough telekinesis or super-strength to throw the entire planet about!*
    * Cannot use inventing, skill ranks, and Quickness to create deus-ex-machinas in one round.
    *Yes, Shapshifting pretty much makes you a quadratic wizard among linear warriors. Cannot be arrogant about it.
    *Cannot create an aquaman expy, and then abuse aquaman’s powers in such a way as to make the original scream “this is OUTRAGEOUS, Old Chum!”
    *Will not point out that the brave-and-the-bold version of aquaman would say this at pretty much any given opptunity.
    *There is no power called “Summon Pop-Culture reference,” and I can’t have it.
    *Cannot have a Transfer or Nullify power with the descriptor “EVERYTHING.”
    * Cannot use the “Light speed Flight” power to turn myself into a revelaistic weapon.
    *No really! You can’t use it in an atmosphere, according to RAW, so you can’t actually hit that planet. Beat that!
    *In the same vein, cannot use flight and 40 ranks in the density power to achive the same effect with nothing but gravity.
    *STOP ASKING! YOU’VE ALREADY TAKEN THE CATGIRLS, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT?!!
    * There is not wizard that did it, and I cannot kill, control, or BE him.
    *Not to abuse autofire powrs, Growth strike, All-out+Accurate+Power attack, an absurd critical-threat radius and corrosion to do 30 damage ranks above the maximum damage cap.

*They actually gave a value for this. It’s about a D.C 330 check to move earth about, and you have to be able to move under your own power in a vacuum. Even considering super-hero levels of power, it’s a bit beyond the typical protagonist.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jade Dragon View Post
    Lunars are also bondmates to the Solars, paired when the exaltations were created, so one Lunar shares eternal brohood/love (depending on whether they're the same or different genders) with one Solar.
    I'm confused. Why would gender matter?

You also forgot the ... um... hold on, wasn't there some other type of Exalted...?
    Last edited by Arbane; 2012-03-17 at 11:58 PM.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

12. - Top - End - #402

*Not to forget the O' when addressing a member of the O'Toole family.
    *Even though his Glamour knack allows you to hide behind an object that is smaller than you, Mad Jack O'Bannon is NOT Bugs Bunny.
    ** He is not "Delirious Jackie" to his friends.
    *No matter how many drama dice you've accumulated, nor how high ranking in the order you are, "I swear that bitch will get what she deserves" is NOT an appropriate Vow for a Knight of the Rose and Cross to make.
    *Any plan which involves the phrase "Prime the raccoon" is automatically vetoed.
    *The Vesten may not abuse his weather-control powers to "turn on her headlights". He doesn't even know what headlights are.
    **Calling them "Lanterns" or "Will'o'Wisps" is missing the point.
    *New rule: You must take some damage before going bearsark.
    **Stubbing your toe doesn't count.
    Last edited by Marillion; 2012-03-18 at 12:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbane View Post
    I'm confused. Why would gender matter?
    Well, more sexual preferences.
    You also forgot the ... um... hold on, wasn't there some other type of Exalted...?
    ...Nocturnals? Nocturnals aren't canon. Solars Lunars Abyssals Infernals Dragon-Blooded... there's an upcoming sourcebook with a new type of exalt, but I forget the name and nobody really knows anything about them.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

14. - Top - End - #404
    Banned

"I am not to have the PC's character switched genders due to the "ritual of truenaming" screwing up."

~Next week~

"I am not to have the PC's character switched genders due to a 'misfile in the heavenly records'"

~Week after that~

"The PC's do not care that in D&D 3.5 that females are technically stronger then men, STOP TURNING US INTO FEMALES!"

~Week after that~

"I am banned from creating dungeons that have traps that require you to be female to pass"

~Week After that~

- The DM is now in coma due to a Player's handbook injury to the head.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    "The PC's do not care that in D&D 3.5 that females are technically stronger then men, STOP TURNING US INTO FEMALES!"
    Where's that rule?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Where's that rule?
    Would love to know that myself. Along with stronger how/in what way.

*I may not make the party fight a Kobolt who's build is Barbarian 1/ Crusaider 1/ Monk 2 with bonus feat retraining/ Sorcerer 6 focusing on self buffs and a couple of touch attack spells/ Frenzied Breserker 1.

*Kobolt may not also have an Orb attack spell.

*Verbal component may not be Kamehameha!

*Kobolt cannot pose dramatically and brag of all the over the top wuxa sounding techniques he claims to have mastered.

*If the party hits him and triggers a frenzy, I may not win Initiative, and activate rage as my first thing then roll for maneuvers, then tell them that he stands, hands in fists, and screams until he glows and the scales atop his head turn blue.

*He may not then proceed to come withing an inch of TPKing the party before he dies.

This was a major part of last session. It was fun finally forcing the Overpowered (for the rest of the groups op and playing experience level anyway, it would be fine in a higher op game and/or with more experience players.) Samurai homebrew to pull out all the stops and then showing him the build to make the point.

We have since agreed to a couple of nerfs and will be testing them next session to see if they do the trick.
    "I Burn!"

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Where's that rule?
    Simply put, there are more female only PRCs than male only PRCs (which their is only one of).

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Simply put, there are more female only PRCs than male only PRCs (which their is only one of).
    Let me guess: Eunuch Warlock?
    YouTube channel:

The Asobimashow thread |Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Perhaps, but only 1 of them is worth much. Besides, that doesn't make you stronger unless the choice is stronger. It doesn't matter if you make 10,000,000 prestige classes for monk, if they are all tier 3 and below, then monks are still weaker than sorcerers. Options only matter based on what you can do with them.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

*When in a standoff with an enemy, and they say "who the hell do you think you are!?", I cannot say "god"
    **Nor can I say "...lightning ninja cowboy... can't you hear the music?"
    *No, I may not play a Solar Akuma who was betrayed by his fellows right after the Primordial War, and have the Motivation "save his daughter" and the Urge "kill the ones who betrayed him"
    **No, his former master cannot have the Flaw "Blind", then invest half the bonus points in a homebrew Awareness Charm that gives him the ability to sense where others are and the other half in his fighting skills
    My Steam profile

21. - Top - End - #411
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mystify View Post
    Perhaps, but only 1 of them is worth much. Besides, that doesn't make you stronger unless the choice is stronger. It doesn't matter if you make 10,000,000 prestige classes for monk, if they are all tier 3 and below, then monks are still weaker than sorcerers. Options only matter based on what you can do with them.
    Maiden of Pain, Hathran, Thrall of Malachant, that one drow prestiege class that lets you raise zombies with no HD limit. All classes with full casting and powerful abilities that are tier 2 at least.

To this date I have found TWO prestige classes with male only requirements, the thrall of the demon of frost giants (which is melee based, and weaker then just playing a half-minotaur), and the BOEF "Harem protector" which requires you to be castrated to enter.

So yes, overall females are more powerful than males in terms of D&D. It's not much so there is a technical statistical advantage to playing a girl instead of a guy.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

*My response to the question "Is this how you play god!?" should not be "No, this is how I play Death"
    *Just being an Abysall does not give me a right to have a name that has an acronym longer than the rest of the parties names combines.
    *The Harvester of Poisons is no longer a valid choice of totem animal.
    **Neither is a Beast of Resplendent Liquid.
    *I may never play a chimera ever again.
    *I may not be honest about where I get ideas for my dungeons from.
    **I may not make a character whose sheer existence is to make every action result in someone requiring brain bleach.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

*Just being an Abysall does not give me a right to have a name that has an acronym longer than the rest of the parties names combines.
    You spelled Abyssal wrong (Grammar Nazi, away)

** Nor does it mean I can name myself after this Abyssal
    Last edited by Hiro Protagonest; 2012-03-18 at 09:04 PM.
    My Steam profile

24. - Top - End - #414
    Halfling in the Playground

*I may not play evil characters
    *I am especially not permitted to play evil characters with ranks in profession torturer.
    *I may not ask the DM to let me role-play a torture scene if I should for some reason be permitted to "question" someone.
    *I may not play child characters with dark abusive backgrounds.
    *I may play any characters who believe that pain is love.
    *I especially may not play any character with a theme of corrupted innocence.
    *I absolutely may not combine all of the above in such a fashion as to give the DM's girlfriend nightmares.

*I may not play bisexual male characters and proceed to hit on the male characters at the table.
    *The above is apparently acceptable if the player of a male character is female...
    *I may not make such a character steal the hearts of any female NPC that the above characters may fancy.
    *I especially may not have my character have a mental breakdown and start screaming "WHY WON'T YOU LOVE ME?" when confronted about the behavior.
    *If the above does for some reason occur, said character must be immediately turned over to the DM and will become the main villain for the next 6 months.

*I am not allowed to role-play a bard that sings, plays a strung axe like a guitar, or inspires by giving inspiration speeches in iambic pentameter.
    *I am especially not allowed to inspire courage with perform pole-dancing.
    *Especially not if such a character is a venerable male dwarf who fights with a long spear...

*I am not allowed to play any character remotely similar to Dr. Frankenstein.
    *Especially not a necromancer.
    *Said character may not raise his lover from the dead as a vampire and immediately retire to their chambers.

*I may not play a halfling fisherman whose primary weapon is a harpoon.
    *I may not randomly chuck said harpoon at people.
    *Said character may not be named Ahab, nor may it hate anything that is albino.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Maiden of Pain, Hathran, Thrall of Malachant, that one drow prestiege class that lets you raise zombies with no HD limit. All classes with full casting and powerful abilities that are tier 2 at least.

To this date I have found TWO prestige classes with male only requirements, the thrall of the demon of frost giants (which is melee based, and weaker then just playing a half-minotaur), and the BOEF "Harem protector" which requires you to be castrated to enter.

So yes, overall females are more powerful than males in terms of D&D. It's not much so there is a technical statistical advantage to playing a girl instead of a guy.
    There's also Eunuch Warlock. But the strongest prestige classes don't require a gender component, or preclude one.
    As far as I'm aware, the strongest Prestige classes are a contest between Shadowcrafter, Initiate of the Sevenfold Veil, and Incantatrix.
    Combine with eachother where applicable, or add a dash of Master Specialist, Geomater or Archmage!

But of course, you don't even need a prestige class if you're an elven generalist domain wizard with a certain pair of feats, casting 9th level spells from level 1...

At any rate, I caught the refference to Misfile, but that "Ritual of Truenaming" one has me lost. Google-fu just turns up a bunch of websplat to make truenamers not suck. (Most of which doesn't actually make them not suck)

*I may not base a Campaign on Pokemon
    **No, not even then.
    *I may not play a character who is "The last of his race"
    **Doubly so if his goal is to "Repopulate by any means neccesary"

26. - Top - End - #416

SwashbucklerGuy

* As DM, may not make it so that one of the party members is the last of their race.
    ** This goes double when there are two members of the party of said race.
    *** ESPECIALLY if they are male and female.
    **** Not to be surprised when the male tries to cut his wrists after learning that the female is missing, presumed dead.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    There's also Eunuch Warlock.

At any rate, I caught the refference to Misfile, but that "Ritual of Truenaming" one has me lost. Google-fu just turns up a bunch of websplat to make truenamers not suck. (Most of which doesn't actually make them not suck)
    I will check out the Eunuch Warlock then. It might be interesting.

It's more a joke of how truenames work in my campaign setting. In my campaign setting your truename is basically your life story (helped via the artifact that is a book that reveals your life story and truename if you read it).

So by using the ritual of renaming and giving them a new truename you can basically rewrite who they are mentally, physically, and metaphysically.

It is not uncommon if someone has been unnamed to alter them in a way to prevent abuse. For example making a brunette have blonde hair or a demon who is sick of being summoned to have slightly darker/lighter skin.

And before you ask, yes you could use a forced ritual of truenaming to basically mindrape a person into an entirely different entity. You would probably end up going to the netherworlds after you die, but you could do it. You can also use it to delete memories that you don't want like memories of abuse and such.

Of course it is a level 8 spell that requires you to know the person's original truename so it's pretty powerful.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

So it's a lv 8 spell that works like Mindrape, but requires a Truenaming check.
    I assume Rings of Truenaming +30 are a black-market item?

29. - Top - End - #419
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

Though practical and extremely efficient my use of fire is now limited to solving only ninety percent of my problems.

This drops to zero percent if I am referring to relationship problems.

Using a bag of holding to fill the throne room with sand only works once.

Attempting to eat the cleric's pet dog is considered rude, and it means we have to wait for the DM to get back on his chair before we can play again.
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    So it's a lv 8 spell that works like Mindrape, but requires a Truenaming check.
    I assume Rings of Truenaming +30 are a black-market item?
    Hell no. Those are common. You can go to Eternea (A city so big it takes up 7.5% of the known material plane), and buy those for a mere 90k.

Hell in Eternea there's a store called "Recette's" that if you're willing to shell out half a million gold pieces she has a Book of Exalted Deeds to sell you.

World 1 is VERY high magic, and also VERY high power gaming. Not to be rude to faerun and such, but their npcs would be second-rate in world 1, because in world one, research and tactics are a constant evolving thing. If someone find a way to do something easier or better than before, and she doesn't guard her secrets on how she did it, someone else will steal the idea and also do it.

For example the "Eternea eight" are an elite group of bodyguards that protect the young prince. Here's an example of what one of them is.

Dark Changling - Cleric 1/Rogue 2/Deathstalker 5/Rogue 2/Legacy Champion 20.

Ultimately giving her a death attack with a save DC in the 50-60 range. Plus she can death attack undead, and you have to make two saves against it.

It is VERY common to munchkin in this setting, because it is what would actually happen. "Oh you found a way to cast level 2 spells so early in your career. We should all do that it's a good idea". You wouldn't have someone who discovered something like be the only one who uses it, in the real world if a new technology is discovered it is quickly reverse engineered and stolen right? The same is with in my setting.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-03-19 at 01:17 PM.