New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Lvl 70 test thread

Here's the level 70 test thread.

You reach the place where a Gate to the Netherworld had been ripped open, one of the Dark Lords now walking the world. Everything is in danger for should the Seven Gates be opened wide, the dead will outnumber the living.
    The ancient city of Erech with its great walls, palaces and temples, once home to 80.000 people, lies in burning ruins. The smoke from the fires in the temples of Anu rises to the heavens along with the stench of thousands of slowly-cooking corpses. The irrigation canals spreading from the Tigris and Euphrates rivers have been turned into ditches of boiling tar as far away as five leagues from the city proper, marking the limits of the devastation. You are about to enter the area of the destruction when you feel a powerful dark presence at the city's center when one of the old portals to the Netherworld is rumored to be.

FF fanboy, you're standing at the edge of Ereshkigal's direct influence. Roll initiative for each instance of your 5 characters separately as soon as you enter that area. And in your first post please mention how far apart your characters are, what buffs do you have active and what followers/summoned creatures/called creatures and the like you have with you.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lvl 70 test thread

Buffs, and spells up.
    Storm rage, storm tower, whrilwind, greter, and each of them has a searing spell readied, and their planar bubbles active.
    Spoiler
    Show

Char 1
    (1d20+19)[38]
    Char 2
    (1d20+19)[34]
    Char 3
    (1d20+19)[34]
    Char 4
    (1d20+19)[21]
    Char 5
    (1d20+19)[21]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Roll Initiative;
    initiative - (1d10+38)[10](48)

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, snap I smell a dex monger.
    Ah, well I'm 300ft in the air have 5 storm of vengeances ready to be cast, and I have a 10:1 round ration for all my charecters which gives me a rough 50 rounds to his one.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

As you move into the zone of scorched earth, reality seems to twist and rip apart, 40-foot holes appearing before you. Each and every hole opens to the same scene form a slightly different angle; a mile-wide plaza of white bricks surrounded by burning temples and full of piles of burning corpses.

In the center of the plaza stands a very tall woman, maybe seven feet tall, maybe more. Unearthly beautiful, too pale to be alive and with a mane of silver hair, she's clad in nothing but a cloak of shifting shadows, nightmarish faces of eternally trapped souls swirling in the lightless depths of that aura. A feeling of overwhelming cold and lifelessness creeps through the open Gates, threatening to bury you under its power. You barely notice the only item the woman is wearing; a black crown seemingly made out claws and teeth resting on her head. If the aura of power had not made it clear as day, that crown would; Ereshkigal, queen of the Netherworld, judge of the dead, ruler of demons, lady of Earth stands before you. Before all five of you, despite the seeming impossibility of that feat.

Spoiler
    Show

OOC:
    Exact actions will be sent to Namo-a competent player of epic levels that's not part of the game.

For now, DC 72 will save or be dazed for the duration of the battle-that applies to your entire army of followers/minions/summoned creatures as well. This is automatic, not an action, so you can't react to it.

After you make your save you can take your readied action and cast spells. For future reference, you don't need to say what spell you're readying but you do need to say what you're readying against. Normally, you wouldn't be able to ready against something as unexpected as Ereshkigal distorting reality to appear before all five of you.

NOTE: It is still Ereshkigal's action-you only get to take your readied action, not act again.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay I auot make all the will saves, and i honestly don't have anything summouned, but i might as well make some saves to see nat 20, or nat 1's/
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+109)[111]
    (1d20+109)[118]
    (1d20+109)[126]
    (1d20+109)[124]
    (1d20+109)[127]

and then my Five spells trigger.
    Sotrm of vengeance from the first guy centered on the group./ (Immunity to windsotrm effects, and more than enough electricty immunity.)
    Then a Trio of searing spells will be directed at Erkshegial (RTA)
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+73)[76]
    (1d20+73)[85]
    (1d20+73)[86]

Then I will have the last guy cast Assay spell resistance.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by FF fanboy View Post
    Then a Trio of searing spells will be directed at Erkshegial (RTA)
    Searing Spell is a metamagic feat. What spell are you using it with?
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Searing Spell is a metamagic feat. What spell are you using it with?
    Scorching ray...
    Darn I has about 7 more RTAs to make dont I?
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+73)[78]
    (1d20+73)[80]
    (1d20+73)[89]
    (1d20+73)[80]
    (1d20+73)[80]
    (1d20+73)[79]
    (1d20+73)[90]

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

You counterattack with magic that flows through the tears in reality to reach the goddess without problems... but the magic does nothing, seemingly passing through her with no effect. The spell you employ to find the gaps in her defences against magic simply fizzles with no effect.

Suddenly, your Storm of Vengeance abruptly vanishes as do the spells you cast on areas rather than on yourself. Through the gate, the white-haired immortal smiles, showing fangs. In an instant, her eyes burn with white-hot fire that shoots out at you through the tears in reality. Twin bolts of liquid fire strike out at all five of you and for an instant you scream in pain and terror. Then the magic consumes you utterly, leaving nothing behind.

Ereshkigal makes a sweeping move with her hands and your souls are drawn screaming into the darkness of her mantle, joining the other hapless victims in eternal imprisonment.

Spoiler
    Show

Your spells are cast normally but do nothing.

Omega Beams:
    Ereshkigal makes like Darkseid, automatically hitting vs your touch AC.
    Roll for criticals:
    [rollv=criticals]20d10[rollv]

Damage is 675 corrupt, 270 acid, 135 cold, 135 fire, 135 electricity per hit, 4 hits for each character. A roll of 10 in the twenty d10 rolls above signifies a critical for double damage, apply the confirmation checks in order rolled.

There is no spell resistance or saving throw against this attack. If you somehow survive, Ereshkigal shoots again. After you die, Ereshkigal soul-binds you so no-one can ressurect you

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Is thera Range on these abilities?
    If so I think I'm well out of the eye beam range.
    (Is 300ft in the air.)
    and even then.... Range penealties.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Range is 1000 feet, no range penalty. To cover the intervening 19 miles I had several options:

1)Teleport closer. (lame)
    2) Carry the attack through a spell with unlimited range. (slightly cooler)
    3) Bend space to create a path that ignores the intervening distance. (awesome)

Naturally, I picked option 3.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Belial_the_Leveler View Post
    Range is 1000 feet, no range penalty. To cover the intervening 19 miles I had several options:

1)Teleport closer. (lame)
    2) Carry the attack through a spell with unlimited range. (slightly cooler)
    3) Bend space to create a path that ignores the intervening distance. (awesome)

Naturally, I picked option 3.
    So.. anywords for those Epic progressions for Dragon rider?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Gotta search my books first. Which book is dragonrider class, if any? If there isn't, you must get a dragon cohort/paladin mount/animal companion.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Gotta search my books first. Which book is dragonrider class, if any? If there isn't, you must get a dragon cohort/paladin mount/animal companion.
    Draconomicon.
    Its a 5 level prestige class that allows the obtaining of a Dragon Mount= to your HD, and it stacks with paladin./

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

If it's a 5-level PrC then it doesn't get epic levels.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

If it's a 5-level PrC then it doesn't get epic levels.
    Ah, I see.
    how would I do my mounts abilities then by HD, and caluclating it as per paladin rules?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Unless I'm missing something in my reading of the Draconomicon, the Dragonrider PrC does not actually give you a dragon mount, nor does it stack with Paladin or any other class for mount-improvement abilities. It gives better maneuverability, free Flyby Attack, and some other minor bonuses, but you have to find a dragon to ride through some other means than just taking levels in the class.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Unless I'm missing something in my reading of the Draconomicon, the Dragonrider PrC does not actually give you a dragon mount, nor does it stack with Paladin or any other class for mount-improvement abilities. It gives better maneuverability, free Flyby Attack, and some other minor bonuses, but you have to find a dragon to ride through some other means than just taking levels in the class.
    5th level....
    and honestly I'm not aobve buying a full grown dragon for a 1000000 GP.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Barbarian in the Playground

"Spur Mount" does not mean a character summons a mount. It means a mount already had may go faster than normaly under that character's direction.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by oliana0 View Post
    "Spur Mount" does not mean a character summons a mount. It means a mount already had may go faster than normaly under that character's direction.
    Epic Paladin as stated by Belial.
    Plus pladin gives me a nice bonus to saves, and if I take Sroc, and spellsowrd I have some nice synergy,