New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343550 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Banned

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

I made some pancakes. I made 'em all!

5AM pancakes are quite nice. No lemon juice though...
    Last edited by Player_Zero; 2009-12-19 at 12:23 AM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Okay...so I'm in this room with the scrabble...not sure how to play though. o.o Or to start a game...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Curse your Introbulosity!

3. - Top - End - #723
    Banned

We finished before you got there. Maybe play later, but everyone but me will be asleep.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Troll in the Playground

Well, I played a game with someone at least, and that was worth it. ^^
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #725
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Okay...so I'm in this room with the scrabble...not sure how to play though. o.o Or to start a game...
    I'd recommend speed scrabble. Just grab the chips, nothing else, and dump them face down on the table. Everyone gets 5. Whenever someone has a complete scrabble pattern (all interconnected, all real and complete words) they say "Piece" and everyone grabs another piece. When there are no pieces left and someone has a complete pattern they win. It's way better than normal scrabble.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    I made some pancakes. I made 'em all!

5AM pancakes are quite nice. No lemon juice though...
    lemon juice? for what?

7. - Top - End - #727
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    lemon juice? for what?
    For putting on the pancakes.
    Proper English pancakes too, not those thick monstrosities you have in, uh, The Day Before Yesterday?
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

8. - Top - End - #728

Pancakes.

Pancakes need lemon juice and sugar. What else would you put on them?

Argh, started the Delivery today and last last last minute shopping (lazy KoorlyKin) and it was warm.
    At first.
    Then it was heavy, icy cold freezing dowpours.
    Typical.
    Up Country gets inches of snow, we get rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. Typically typical.
    And I was hoodless, as were many people walking around town so we got to play the national sport of Shop Cover Jumping.
    It's very simple, when it rains, find shelter and peer out of the door/from under the awning, and when the rain lessens walk as quickly as possible to the next shop on your list.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

9. - Top - End - #729

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Some people put maple syrup on theirs. How they can look at the pancakes they've ruined and not commit ritualistic suicide in despair, I don't know...

On another forum, we once had an 8 page topic of mod power abuse and debate about whether pancakes should be thick or thin. I'm glad to say that by cleverly rigging the results using well reasoned argument, thin pancakes won.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

10. - Top - End - #730

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Some people put maple syrup on theirs. How they can look at the pancakes they've ruined and not commit ritualistic suicide in despair, I don't know...

On another forum, we once had an 8 page topic of mod power abuse and debate about whether pancakes should be thick or thin. I'm glad to say that by cleverly rigging the results using well reasoned argument, thin pancakes won.
    o.0
    Maple syrup on pan . . . cakes? What? Crazy peoples. It's the only reason to explain it.

Oh, pancakes should be thin. One ladle of pancake batter (made from scratch, no mixes allowed!) makes one pancake. Then you cook it nicely, and liberally apply sugar and lemon juice.
    Or lemon juice and sugar.

I can see the appeal of thicker pancakes, because it gets you more pancake for your munching; but it's too stodgy.
    I want pancakes now. But I don't think we have any eggs.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I don't always eat Pancakes*. But when I do, it's an American pancake with fruit toppings.

Stay hungry, my friends.

*Read: Never eat them unless someone else makes them and makes me eat one. Waffles, on ,the other hand...best thing for waffles is frozen yogurt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

I usually eat thin pancakes with jams. As for the thicker ones, either plain or with maple syrup.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

13. - Top - End - #733
    Bugbear in the Playground

When I make pankakes, I put blueberries in them. Then, I cut out the blueberries and sort the pancake into two piles, one with high bluberry density and one with no blueberries. The high density pile gets maple syrup while the one without blueberries gets chocolate syrup.
    Step 1: Get workers to make goods for you.
    Step 2: Sell the goods for a higher amount than what you pay the workers.
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: Profit!

Thanks to Mortugg for my current avatar, and for this steampunk version:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #734

I don't really eat pancakes often... Probably because my dad never makes them right. He gets pancake mix. Good pancakes are made from scratch, damn it.

Actually, I never understood the logic of making pancake mix. Pancakes have very few ingredients, last time I checked, and most can be found in a typical pantry. You'd have to be some kind of lazy to use pancake mix over real ingredients.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    I don't really eat pancakes often... Probably because my dad never makes them right. He gets pancake mix. Good pancakes are made from scratch, damn it.

Actually, I never understood the logic of making pancake mix. Pancakes have very few ingredients, last time I checked, and most can be found in a typical pantry. You'd have to be some kind of lazy to use pancake mix over real ingredients.
    This is most true.

Though, my ideal breakfast is an open sandwich with Gouda and salami. Berries as well. Ooooh, some Teewurst sounds good as well.

*Stomach growls.*
    Last edited by randman22222; 2009-12-19 at 12:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #736

Oh, pancakes should be thin. One ladle of pancake batter (made from scratch, no mixes allowed!) makes one pancake. Then you cook it nicely, and liberally apply sugar and lemon juice.
    Or lemon juice and sugar.
    This is exactly how I make pancakes. I'm totally chief pancake-maker of my family. I just got a craving one day and looked up the recipe online. Apparently I make the best pancakes this side of Cactus Creek. Which I suppose is probably somewhere down the road because I don't think they're that great.
    BANG → !

17. - Top - End - #737

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    This is most true.

Though, my ideal breakfast is an open sandwich with Gouda and salami. Berries as well.
    I can't really say what my ideal breakfast is. Being a college student, I don't have breakfast often.

I think what I like the most is two over-easy eggs, each served on top of a separate piece of toast. I pop the yolk and spread it all over the bread, and then I eat it with the leftover egg on top. It's quite delicious.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

18. - Top - End - #738
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Pancakes.

Then you're just making a bastardized version of crepes if you limit yourself to toppings so. Might as well be making real crepes then and enjoying the bountiful toppings available to crepes.

Besides, granulated sugar directly on the pancake? Urgh! What a horrible textural combination.

Let's see. jam, cream cheese, actual cheese, cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, fruit sauces and toppings, various other savory or sweet sauces and syrups, certain meats, sour cream, heavy cream, clotted cream, and fresh fruit can all be used with crepes, several of which also work for waffles. Butter, even, Peanut butter, even, Nutella, even.

Normally, I like you, but, seriously, this sort of flippant mindset of cultural imperialism on your part is extremely rude to assume that not only should we know how you prepare a food which shares a name but is probably not even the same thing, but that we should acknowledge that your way is the only right and true and proper way to go about things.

Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-19 at 12:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

19. - Top - End - #739
    Barbarian in the Playground

There's a place on campus does a good Nutella filled pancake. Well, they call it crepe, though it's nothing a French person would recognise as a crepe. I suppose pancake doesn't sound fancy enough. It does prove there's nothing Nutella doesn't work well with though.

ION, I've retreated to my parents' home which is way oop north surrounded by snow, but does have functioning heating, so a vast improvement over my flat.
    Last edited by Phaedra; 2009-12-19 at 12:47 PM.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh wow. I've never heard of putting lemon juice and sugar on pancakes, I thought they always had maple syrup on them. I'll have to try the lemon juice-sugar combination next time I have pancakes.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay, well let me ask you this, countrymen and -women of my ancestors, is there any use in your cupboards for a bottle of proper Canadian 100% maple syrup, or do you forswear this product altogether?

There is also birch syrup, but we don't tell foreigners about it until they get citizenship.

Oh ****, I just did.
    *starts planning the surreptitious and coincidental deaths of all (non-Canadian) Random Banter posters and lurkers*
    Last edited by Kneenibble; 2009-12-19 at 01:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #742

Quote Originally Posted by Perenelle View Post
    Oh wow. I've never heard of putting lemon juice and sugar on pancakes, I thought they always had maple syrup on them. I'll have to try the lemon juice-sugar combination next time I have pancakes.
    Depends. I can't imagine they'd be very nice on thick American pancakes, which have slightly different ingredients, and by "slightly" I mean "very".

Thin English pancakes are just eggs, flour and milk (2, 4oz and 1/2 a pint, if I remember the recipe correctly), though I believe for making American style pancakes there's a special type of flour mix of stuff you have to use that they market as Bisquick?

All this confusion could easily have been avoided if you'd (and by "you" here, I mean Noah Webster, creator of Webster's Dictionary, also responsible for changing most -ise suffixes to -ize, and being racist against the letter U) just called chips "chips", crisps "crisps", pancakes "pancakes", scones "scones" and trousers "trousers", or at least made up words rather than taking ones that mean completely different things. Geez, Noah Webster, you just didn't think ahead!

Coidy-woidy: The sort of pancake Koorly's talking about is known as a crepe over in the You Ess of Aye. So not just a bastardised version, a real version. Plus, the lemon juice dissolves the sugar, so you don't have the texture problems.

Also, what the frig was that PM you sent me about?
    Last edited by Dogmantra; 2009-12-19 at 01:50 PM.
    BANG → !

23. - Top - End - #743

Thin English pancakes are just eggs, flour and milk (2, 4oz and 1/2 a pint, if I remember the recipe correctly), though I believe for making American style pancakes there's a special type of flour mix of stuff you have to use that they market as Bisquick?
    You measure your ingredients?
    Crazy world. Crazy, crazy world.
    We just use a tablespoon. 'Course we don't have any kind of measuring device outisde of the Little Spoon, the Tablespoon and the Cup. And very sometimes the Bowl.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #744

You measure your ingredients?
    Not that accurately. I think we're missing our 4oz weight, so we have to put "a little more than 3 1/2oz" in. And our measuring jug is opaque.

Yeah, I don't know who thought that was a good idea either...
    BANG → !

25. - Top - End - #745

NecromancerGuy

Also, what the frig was that PM you sent me about?
    Oh, someone mentioned that you were looking for me in some sense or fashion in the Killing people thread. I found it amusing, but I guess I forgot to link it to you.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #746

Oh yeah. I noticed that. It made the screen really wide.

I think it was just talking about that avatar where I'm cursing you.
    BANG → !

27. - Top - End - #747

NecromancerGuy

Ah. Gotcha. I was thinking I might've slept through another pistols at dawn sort of deal.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #748
    Troll in the Playground

Allow me to interrupt this tale of delicious pancakes with a more disgusting food experience. *faint of heart, do not un-spoiler, for it may have dire consequences*

Spoiler
    Show

I just had a bowl of noodles for lunch...with soy sauce...and barbecue sauce.

At first I figured "hey, I'm young and adventurous, I should try new things! This could be great!" but oh god, at the bottom of the bowl it tasted SO bad I just had to rinse it out so that no one would know what a terrible thing I did.

So yeah...don't mix barbecue sauce and soy sauce with cheese noodles. D: (Do, however, use a soy sauce base for a marinade. Best meat I've ever had.)

On a lighter note, last night's "dinner" involved octopus, oysters, cheese, crackers, salami, olives, pickles, fresh bread, more cheese, more pickles, vegetable dips, and lots and lots of wine.

It was SUCH a good night.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #749

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Allow me to interrupt this tale of delicious pancakes with a more disgusting food experience. *faint of heart, do not un-spoiler, for it may have dire consequences*

Spoiler
    Show

I just had a bowl of noodles for lunch...with soy sauce...and barbecue sauce.

At first I figured "hey, I'm young and adventurous, I should try new things! This could be great!" but oh god, at the bottom of the bowl it tasted SO bad I just had to rinse it out so that no one would know what a terrible thing I did.

So yeah...don't mix barbecue sauce and soy sauce with cheese noodles. D: (Do, however, use a soy sauce base for a marinade. Best meat I've ever had.)

On a lighter note, last night's "dinner" involved octopus, oysters, cheese, crackers, salami, olives, pickles, fresh bread, more cheese, more pickles, vegetable dips, and lots and lots of wine.

It was SUCH a good night.
    Octopus doesn't clash horribly with cheese and salami? How was it prepared?

Now, what I generally do is add some Parmesan cheese and either enough ketchup to the water to almost count as tomato soup or use a can of V8 instead of the water when making ramen if I wanna do something different. Or adding crunchy peanut butter to the mix with a touch of spicy barbecue to give it a bit of an added "thai-ish" kick.
    Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #750
    Troll in the Playground

Octopus doesn't clash horribly with cheese and salami? How was it prepared?
    In a totally delicious way. :3

...I have no idea..but it had a vaguely barbecue-ish sauce, and was cut into little balls rather than trying to get the whole octopus at once.
    Spoiler
    Show