New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah. Gotcha. I was thinking I might've slept through another pistols at dawn sort of deal.
    I gave up on that last time when you didn't show up. I was waiting with my rocket launcher pistol, and your timezone's different or something so it wasn't dawn.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Il'deav Ilah'naie's Indiscreet Intimacies on Indigo Iceboats Random Banter #135

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    In a totally delicious way. :3

...I have no idea..but it had a vaguely barbecue-ish sauce, and was cut into little balls rather than trying to get the whole octopus at once.
    Last time I had octopus, the guy who prepared it must have misread the recipe or something (his cooking is usually very good) and the result was the worst thing I've ever had. It was like eating spicy rubber.

3. - Top - End - #753

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Pancakes need lemon juice and sugar. What else would you put on them?
    Raisins, sultanas or currants. Jam, amrmalade, myrte, or similar maybe. Chocolate spread or nutella would work too.
    But yeah, sugar, lemon juice and lime juice are the main things you must add to pancakes if you have them. Still need to get some lemon juice for this house...

So I was at a christmas party last night. 'Twas awesome, though I have strange luck playing twister. Like, left hand blue, right foot yellow, right foot green, right foot yellow, right foot green, right foot... etc, until the other players get confusingly entangled and inadvertently push me off the mat.
    And then today, following my delightful breakfast of pizza and shortbread, we were just generally hanging around, chatting, hence why I only got home about an hour ago.
    And we got more snow! I walked through a park between my friends' house and mine - you can't tell where is the path and where is the grass.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2009-12-19 at 05:15 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fostire View Post
    Last time I had octopus, the guy who prepared it must have misread the recipe or something (his cooking is usually very good) and the result was the worst thing I've ever had. It was like eating spicy rubber.
    Clearly, the man does not know how to...how to...*blink blink*

...AAAAHHHGHH IT'S NAVI! D: NO! I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN! GO AWAY! *Runs*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Depends. I can't imagine they'd be very nice on thick American pancakes, which have slightly different ingredients, and by "slightly" I mean "very".

Thin English pancakes are just eggs, flour and milk (2, 4oz and 1/2 a pint, if I remember the recipe correctly), though I believe for making American style pancakes there's a special type of flour mix of stuff you have to use that they market as Bisquick?
    Bisquick is not a special mixture of anything. It's just basic dry ingredients for (US style) pancakes, which includes baking powder, sugar, and salt. I personally also add a bit of almond or vanilla extract to the batter before making it.

I also use a mix. Why? Several reasons. First, I'm lazy. Second, I don't bake so there's not a vast store of flour in my house. And most importantly, I can get a 10lb bag of the mix for about $6, which is cheaper than the ingredients purchased separately.

And I put honey on mine when I can't have real maple syrup. That garbage they sell that's maple flavored sugar water just doesn't cut it.
    Want to meet some of the most awesome people on the internet? Come to the Baltimore/DC Area RenFest Meetup 2012!

6. - Top - End - #756

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb The Troll View Post
    Bisquick is not a special mixture of anything. It's just basic dry ingredients for (US style) pancakes, which includes baking powder, sugar, and salt. I personally also add a bit of almond or vanilla extract to the batter before making it.
    More of a special mix than good ol' flour though!
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Aha! Ratatouille is on tonight! Prepar to be watched, you terrific movie you!

8. - Top - End - #758

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Funny. I happen to be watching it right now.

I hope it doesn't make me hungry. I've had enough food today.

-Slayer Draco Doll by Recaiden

9. - Top - End - #759
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I've only been able to ever get about a quarter of the way through it.

Coidzor WANT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Flip to ABC family if possible. It's on now.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    haha, i'm watching that too!

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ettin in the Playground

Haha, the rat's cooking is good. What a subversion. Ho ho ho.

Also, great article.

13. - Top - End - #763

Some people say I look like the rat from Ratatouille.

Some people also say that I look like the following beings:
    • Neville Longbottom
    • A Giraffe
    • Just a Generic Rat
    • Jesus
    • James May
    • Probably something else too

Most of them I can understand. Apparently I also act an awful lot like James May, but seriously. Jesus?
    BANG → !

14. - Top - End - #764
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Playing the original Myst. It was a breeze, up until this one puzzle that's absolutely kicking my ass. I won't say which, so you guys aren't tempted to chime in, but suffice it to say I've come up with two answers so far that I was sure were correct.

No walkthroughs will be consulted. They are for the weak.
    Last edited by Rutskarn; 2009-12-19 at 09:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Banned

Oh roast beast is a feast I can't stand in the least...

16. - Top - End - #766

Hm. I think I might have to go see the Sherlock Holmes movie that's coming out. The humor certainly is good.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    Oh roast beast is a feast I can't stand in the least...
    What's wrong Mr. Grinch? Can't handle the Whos so you have to dress up as Santa Claus and your dog as a reindeer? I bet several people would prefer to be near a seasick crocodile and refuse to touch you with a thirty-nine and a half foot pole.
    Last edited by Assassin89; 2009-12-19 at 10:25 PM.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

I saw part of a trailer for that Sherlock Holmes movie not so long ago. Given the action-packed scenes they had there, I was pretty surprised to find that it was dear old Sherlock Holmes they were advertising.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

19. - Top - End - #769

Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    I saw part of a trailer for that Sherlock Holmes movie not so long ago. Given the action-packed scenes they had there, I was pretty surprised to find that it was dear old Sherlock Holmes they were advertising.
    It is certainly different from the typical interpretation of Holmes. But the movie still looks entertaining. If it succeeds in entertaining me, then it's a good movie in my book.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Good GOD. Turns out, I had the correct answer. But for some reason, it didn't want to register it the FIRST 20 TIMES I TRIED TO INPUT IT. JESUS.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #771

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Good GOD. Turns out, I had the correct answer. But for some reason, it didn't want to register it the FIRST 20 TIMES I TRIED TO INPUT IT. JESUS.
    There there. Maybe Scrabble will make it better?
    Really don't understand why I want to play Scrabble so much lately.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    It is certainly different from the typical interpretation of Holmes. But the movie still looks entertaining. If it succeeds in entertaining me, then it's a good movie in my book.
    I'm not one to argue over the interpretation when the movie's good, either. Maybe I'll check it out over Netflix when the DVD comes out.
    High School Harem Comedy, my original game system!

23. - Top - End - #773

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Most of them I can understand. Apparently I also act an awful lot like James May, but seriously. Jesus?
    So... You look like a jewish carpenter?

Slayah: P_Z's evil venom is beginning to make you into one of his thralls. The only known antidote is to find people whose company you enjoy and spend time having fun with them.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-19 at 10:42 PM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #774

Not just any old Jewish Carpenter. Jesus! JESUS. I don't... No-one... That's... No-one even knows what Jesus looked like!
    BANG → !

25. - Top - End - #775
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Ix-nay on the Eesus-Jay Alk-tay.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex

26. - Top - End - #776

Slayah: P_Z's evil venom is beginning to make you into one of his thralls. The only known antidote is to find people whose company you enjoy and spend time having fun with them.
    I hope you were joking there.

27. - Top - End - #777

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Slayer Draco View Post
    I hope you were joking there.
    No, sadly, I am not. P_Z's venom causes one to gain an inordinate love for the domination of others at Scrabble. In fact, one becomes quite insatiable when it comes to scrabble. This is just after the initial phase begins and before it proceeds to the moderately lethal stage.

P_Z is a hermit. P_Z's venom either kills you or turns you into a shadow of your former self, twisted into his image. Sort of like a P_Z wraith. And, as we all know, the number one way to avoid becoming a reclusive hermit is to pass time in good company.

Two and two together make eight.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2009-12-19 at 11:05 PM.
    Homebrew

28. - Top - End - #778

No, sadly, I am not. P_Z's venom causes one to gain an inordinate love for the domination of others at Scrabble. In fact, one becomes quite insatiable when it comes to scrabble. This is just after the initial phase begins and before it proceeds to the moderately lethal stage.

P_Z is a hermit. P_Z's venom either kills you or turns you into a shadow of your former self, twisted into his image. Sort of like a P_Z wraith. And, as we all know, the number one way to avoid becoming a reclusive hermit is to pass time in good company.

Two and two together make eight.
    So, you're somehow suggesting that I don't enjoy playing a good game of Scrabble with a few friends, Zero being one of them?

I'd suggest you take your comments elsewhere.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Hoo doggies did this thread get awkward.

Uh...new topic.

South Dakota is the approximate temperature of North Dakota.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #780
    Troll in the Playground

Had fun with Scrabble tonight. Heh...Double Ox.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!