New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    My opinion on import necessities: I think no matter your import, there is only so much you can do to improve your least available item. You might be able to scour the countryside looking for iron, or spend some time researching how to undo the damage caused by an enemy salting the earth, but you will probably never have it as an exportable resource. The best you can hope for is that a worldwide shortage doesn't suddenly leave you crippled.
    Yeah, that seems about right. one of the excellent things about mine is, no matter what, most of what is below me is another kingdom. There is no way I can ever have metals...because they belong to someone else!
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Added an intro to my Action-post for more fluff on my ruler, his wife and his heir.
    Also finished Major Settlement information in my country's info post.
    Last edited by WaylanderX; 2014-01-24 at 06:35 PM.
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Nyllana OotS Avatar by Lord FullBladder, Master of Goblins!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here
    My Extended Homebrew Sig!

Currently writing a fantasy novel: The Dawn of Life!
    People willing to provide feedback are appreciated

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Lightbulb Re: EMPIRE! A Community World-Building Tale of People & Discovery

You have been put on the waiting list. As it is, the reservation on region 25 will fall away when Round Two starts, and lt_murgen has already said he'd like to have it. Once Round Three starts, any regions that are not finished then that are reserved as of this post (as of now, it seems that's only region 3, now that SamBurke has finished) will have their reservation nulled and up for re-reservation or become NPC countries if they are not reserved. If any new regions are discovered, you are free to claim them. I see you've already made a nice and quick fluffy start.[/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks! Just one question: when would said rounds start? I'd like to tune into round 2 to see what's going on in the rest of the world. If that information is unavailable, it's ok. I'm just happy to be on the waiting list.

P.S. the first bit was supposed to be a quote
    Last edited by moossabi; 2014-01-25 at 12:45 AM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

You can just edit it to be a quote. Put [QUOTE] in at the beginning.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

5. - Top - End - #695
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    I'm not done acting, and I'm doing some acts with other players, such as the Grand Ball invites (which will be to all nations). Working on finishing all that up now. Why, what's up?
    Mostly me being occupied this coming week and the fact that if some actions are the result of agreements between one or more players and one doesn't act in the same round or the next for that agreement, the agreement is prettymuch null. I think Silver Ablaze and one other haven't posted, by the count. I know that Silver Ablaze is currently quite occupied with a school project on which his passing this year may fall, to which I wish him the best of luck. For that reason, anyone who has an action dependant on Silver Ablaze, count it as working as-is.

Nulling actions simply because a player couldn't post due to a good reason I knew of beforehand is not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    I like the idea of being able to do "great projects" to improve resources. Would we be able to do the same thing to say improve a resource from [Good] to [Great]?
    Currently, that'd be a Curiosity 5 action. Getting technology or making a project out of it might make more sense, though.

Edit: and is Great Project a clearly defined thing? Does it take the same number of actions to construct a Great Wall as it does to say improve farmland?
    Currently, a Great Project is basically just something that requires consistent action-spending across subsequent rounds, up to 5 rounds in a row. Beyond that, it's not defined.

Making a list of terms like in the back of DnD splatbooks might be an idea.

And in addition to that, can one attempt to shorten the amount of time by gaining a resource/outside technology that could speed up the process, or having another nation assist in construction? Such as sending my craftsmen to assist in the construction, or having elephants assist in moving material, or being taught a more efficent way to make the kingdom faster.
    Currently not, but having more than one player work on something, or having certain technologies decrease the time by one round might be something. I'll think on it.

Another biggish question: In founding a religion how mystical can I be? I realize magic will eventually exist in this setting, so is it alright to ham it up a bit?

I figure Mosi II will receive a vision, upon which he will build his Church.
    Feel free to go as mystical as you like! (After all, who's to say to what extent it was real? Faith is something from within oneself, and need not be founded 100% and solidly in reality, after all.)

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    My opinion on import necessities: I think no matter your import, there is only so much you can do to improve your least available item. You might be able to scour the countryside looking for iron, or spend some time researching how to undo the damage caused by an enemy salting the earth, but you will probably never have it as an exportable resource. The best you can hope for is that a worldwide shortage doesn't suddenly leave you crippled.
    A fair point. Might change it to that. As the rules are, I realized that you basically could negate your import necessity by discovering that resource within your borders. It would change play a lot, as you don't have to depend on other players so much anymore, which also makes it a bit less interactive, strategic, and fun, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by moossabi View Post
    Great! Thanks! Just one question: when would said rounds start? I'd like to tune into round 2 to see what's going on in the rest of the world. If that information is unavailable, it's ok. I'm just happy to be on the waiting list.
    Tomorrow morning.

Also, I've decided to open up exploration as of tomorrow, in Round Two. As I'll be available once again starting late Thursday, I figure I don't need to hold it off until Round Three.

In the meantime, I will not be available, as said earlier.

Prepping, prepping, prepping.
    Last edited by Morph Bark; 2014-01-25 at 02:52 PM.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

6. - Top - End - #696
    Ettin in the Playground

Good luck morph!

@Everyone who plans on attending the ball:

Your letter has been sent out via my second action, read the spoiler to get more on that.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-01-25 at 02:49 PM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic

7. - Top - End - #697

Wombat, I assume everyone is invited, right?

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    Wombat, I assume everyone is invited, right?
    Every known country, yes. Just make sure you keep the peace!

World Building Projects:
    Magic

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

Actions have been closed for this round. I'm currently updating the info posts and will add in the new rules. After that, I'm off.

Curiosity 5 actions spent on new technology will be listed as Curiosity 10 actions in the new History post.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Round Two is now open! See you on Thursday. Until then, I won't be concerning myself with Imperial matters.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Hello all I'm very intrested in this game. Is there any openings or unclaimed land were I may build a highland kingdom? I'll have to read over every thing agin. I'll take what ever I can but a Highland area would be my first choice.
    Last edited by Slayerofundead; 2014-01-26 at 01:48 PM.

The Orcs are coming, the Orcs are coming.
    The Orcs are here to play.

Sir Rikkan
    https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2346021

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

The Jeweled Cities
    Region 25, Lt_Murgen
    updated for start of round 7

[Link to Original Rolls]
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=3016
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...postcount=3012

Amber Grant, Regina of the Jeweled Cities

Current Stats:
    Diplomacy:6
    Military: 5
    Curiosity: 8
    Faith: 4
    Luck: 3

Original Stats upon assumption of rule starting round 6:
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showp...4&postcount=28
    Diplomacy: 2
    Military: 2
    Curiosity: 5
    Faith: 4
    Luck: 3.
    Round 6 bumps +1 curiosity, +1 military
    Round 7 bumps +1 diplomacy, +1 militaryhttp://www.giantitp.com/forum
    Round 8 bumps +1 diplomacy, +1 curiosity
    Round 9 bumps +1 diplomacy, +1 military
    round 10 bumps +1 diplomacy, +1 curiosity

Region Details

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show

The Jeweled Cities is the name given to the vast region of the Tangarotha archipelago. It is a vast, twisted tangle of small desert islands, sand bars, reefs, banks, and mangrove forests. There are only three major distinguishing geographic features.

New Boy: New Boy is a large, truly volcanic island on the North-east of the archipelago. The volcano is still active, spilling vast quantities of lava into the sea at the eastern end of the island. The western and southern slopes are covered in mangrove forest and fruit trees, most notably coconut. The locals make their living mining the readily accessible ores and gem veins in the lava deposits across the island. While it is arguably the richest island, it is also the poorest in both food and fresh water. The City of Turquoise lies around a major inlet on New Boy. The city is named from the extensive use of turquoise in decorations and buildings. Despite its name, it is really a run-down mining town.

The Isle of Birds: This island lies along the western side of the archipelago. It is a long, thin, tall rocky island, almost entirely covered in trees of a wide variety. Vast flocks of migratory birds make their homes here; their seed-laden deposits the cause of the vast diversity of trees. It is home to the Shamans of the Wild, and visitors are often unwelcome. The City of Amber exists under their watchful eye, maintaining the loggers who take their strict quota of trees each year. Amber is used extensively in spirit poles and city decorations, and is highly prized by the shamans. Many coves and caves exist along the island, and the City of Amber itself is quite well protected from the ravages of the sea.

Old Man: The Old Man is the largest island in the archipelago. The Old Man is easily a full third of the total land above sea level. The first settlers believed the massive extinct volcano was responsible for the rest of the archipelago, and it features strongly in local creation myths. The island sits at the south eastern edge of the archipelago. It shields the rest of the archipelago, and bears the brunt of bad weather and hurricanes. The city of Opal does not lie along the shallow, sandy, shallow coastline, but is built around the ridge of the caldera. The caldera itself has long filled in with fresh water from rains and many, many streams seep out along its sides. The City of Opal provides barreled fresh water for most of the archipelago and most of the alcohol consumed in the cities- a potent rice wine. Beyond that, numerous small farming villages dot the island. They produce fruit, rice, and domesticated ground parrots for food. Opal veins are found in abundance along the mountain.

Between the major islands lie dozens of smaller islands and uncountable spits, sand bars, and reefs which are collectively referred to as the Grand Banks. A single winding deep channel penetrates into the heart of the Grand Banks. Navigation be sea-going ships is difficult, and most local traffic is on outrigger canoes or catamarans. Adding to navigation difficulties are the kelp olive blooms (see below). Still, at the heart of this lies the City of Pearl. Decorated with the bounty of numerous oyster beds, it resembles a vast raft several miles across. Closer examination reveals it is made of ships and parts of ships, houses on stilts embedded into rock below the surface, rope bridges and slings, and so on. It may look the most run down, but it is the official capital of the Jeweled Cities by being the shipping and transport capital of the archipelago.

Spoiler: People
    Show

Population:28,000 (27,000 native near-human Islanders, 3,000 other)+ 3,000 troops

Islanders, as they call themselves, are an offshoot of humans adapted to living at the whim of the sea. It has affected their physiology and their cultural outlook. Some Continentals, as they call them, also populate the islands. They are a laid back, if somewhat fatalistic people

Appearance: The vast majority of people on the islands are native human Islanders. Islanders are tall but broad chested, with dark hair, eyes and skin. Some have more exotic colored eyes and hair. They bear a strong resemblance to the Woodland people, with some Cremar influences seen in hair and eyes. Most of them would be seen as exceptionally handsome or beautiful. It is generally held that centuries of pirating and maiden-capturing resulted in comely stock.

They bear significant differences from their continental brethren, however. Their chests are more round than their continental brethren. They possess a heart and lung system which allows them to hold their breath for up to 10 minutes. Their ribcage is more flexible and allows them to dive far deeper than is comfortable for normal humans. Their feet and hands are slightly webbed for better swimming ability. Lastly, they possess a second set of clear eyelids that allow them to swim in the salty sea and still protect their eyes. Despite this, they can interbreed normally with humanity.

10% of the population is from other locations. Drifters, fugitives, and people who wish for an idyllic life find their way to the Jeweled Cities. As long as they adopt the local culture, they are welcomed.

Clothing in the Cities is, for the most part, kept to a minimum. Thick skinned fish such as sharks provide leather for belts, harnesses, and sandals, which they favor. Breeches are also preferred by both men and women. Strangely, while both sexes eschew shirts, the usually wear long brimmed hats to shield their eyes from the sun. Scarfs of fine cloth are a status symbol, worn as a shawl or belt. Jewelry is common, and feathered accent pieces are seen as well. Wealth is shown by jewelry and people tend to wear their fortune on their bodies.

Culture: It is easy to live a subsistence life in the archipelago. A few hours of fishing and gathering fresh water and kelp olive, and they are set for the day. Death is also an accepted reality. Poison spine-fish, sharks, barracudas, sun exposure, riptides, and devastating storms are all part of normal life. This tends to make the people laid back, fiercely independent, and hedonistic.

Sailors, both on deep water ships and outriggers, travel for months on end, also contributing to their independence. As such, formal marriage is rare. Lineage is traced by mother, and denoted by facial tattoos imprinted upon reaching adult age. A common greeting is to refer to someone as “Cousin”, since lineages are convoluted.

Property rights are as laid back as the people. In general, if you possess it at the moment, it is yours. If not, well, then maybe someone else can use it. Cargo brought into port is the property of the ship that brought it. What is marked on the crates is irrelevant. Possession is the deciding factor, not some piece of paper.

Most of the people could wield their fishing knives, spears, tridents, and nets as weapons in a pinch. Metal, however, is rare and prized, so weapons tend to be picks and hammers rather than swords. Armor is also rare, being made from fish-leather.

The deep sea ships are some of the best crafted in the world and crewing them is often a lifetime or multi-generational calling. Of course, the line between noble deep sea trader and pirate is often in the eyes of the beholder.

Spoiler: Resources
    Show

Exports:
    Kelp-Olive and oil (great) [1/7: Alydaxis]
    Gemstones {amber, opal, turquoise, pearl} (good) [2/3: Raaneka, Crima]
    Fruits {multiple kinds} (good) [0/3]

Imports
    Iron (required)
    Lumber, luxury foodstuffs, alcohol, and fabrics (desired)
    Wood [Bordeux], Wine [Raaneka], Ordinarium [Alydaxis]

The sea provides endless bounty of food, and there is enough rainfall for fresh water to only be a limited issue. Fruit grows plentifully and in a wide variety. The Old man has farms for a species of domesticated ground parrot that is beautiful and tasty.

The Islanders possess one unique resource- kelp olive. It is a sea plant that blooms twice a year, its seeds are impregnated with an oil that prevents sea water intrusion. In nature, they get wedged into rocks and the shell abraded by the action of the waves. This allows the seed within to germinate and break through the weakened shell in a place that the plant can anchor to. The islanders eat the seeds, and press the outer shells for their oil. The thick, fibrous main trunks are shredded, braided and used for ropes, sails, even rough clothing. Kelp-olive oil is highly prized. It can be used as cooking oil, or for lighting lamps. Applied to the hull of a ship, it seals the wood three times better than pine tar, and is despised by barnacles, who will not cling to the hull if treated with it. It is the Jeweled Cities most prized export.

Precious minerals are used as currency, and a primary trade good, along with various fruit. Another item highly prized, but only traded locally, are fabric dyes. Shellfish of various kinds are gathered and ground into brilliant pigments, particularly blue, purple, and red.

Iron is the Jeweled Cities most pressing demand. Most of it either goes into their ships, or into tools for the mining town of Turquoise. Jonas would like to import more wood to build up a proper Navy, but the Shaman’s would be displeased. Their control and strict rationing of wood is a major bargaining tool for them. Meat and alcohol is in demand as well, as people tire of seafood, ground parrot, and rice wine. Silk and linen are always in demand, for islanders appreciate it tough yet light qualities.

Spoiler: Religion
    Show

The people of the Free Cities are a superstitious lot. They live at the mercy of the winds and tides, and see the raw power of the earth in their volcano. As such, they pray to the spirits of the earth, the air, and the water. Such prayers are most commonly offered at the spirit poles- large logs carved in the shape of the spirit they represent. Small offerings are left there by worshippers. The Shamans of the Wild travel freely around the islands, offering their services to appease the spirits and maintaining the spirit poles. The trees on the Isle of Birds are used to make the spirit poles, and jealously guarded. The Lord of Fire is known, and the active volcano on New Boy and the caldera of the Old Man are seen as evidence of his influence on earth. Still, he is not formally worshipped.

Spoiler: Technologies
    Show

Long in their past, the natives developed enough craft to build Ocean Going Ships. For decades, they have used them to raid each other, and the coasts along the Sea of the Golden Sun.

Spoiler: Leadership
    Show

Amber Grant: Amber us the daughter of Ginger and Jonas. In their teen years, she was incorrigible. Now, she is the determined ruler of the realm. She is tall and statuesque, copper eyes, and a mass of dark purple hair in curls that showed blue highlights. She has a twin sister, Evelyn, that she banished. She was 31 at start of round 7.
    Howell Thrustone: Whether that is his name or not is unknown. He is a middle-aged fugitive from one of the dwarf realms who fled across the sea to escape their wrath. Jonas maneuvered him into the rulership of the City of Turquoise. His skill with mining has made him hugely popular with the miners there. In a time of crisis, he could reasonably be expected to rally the miners into a military force, placing him third in line of succession. He is unmarried, and his fugitive history might hide unforeseen complications and aspirations.
    Ginger Grant: She has been Jonas’ lover for close to a decade. Beautiful, even by islander standards, she is fiercely devoted to him and his goals. She runs the city of Pearl when he is away. She is exceptionally hedonistic, and tales of her exploits tickle the fancy of even the most immodest Islander. Despite this, she has knack for facts and figures and details of Jonas’ trading hegemony. At the start of round 7, she was 51.
    Whisper: Whisper is an air shaman. Little is known of her. She has fair looks and a quiet demeanor. Still, when she speaks, the Shamans listen. She opposes expansion and imprtation of goods. At the start of round 7, she was 49.
    Samhell Bellami, aka Black Sam He was one of the Blue Monkey’s chief lieutenants, and a villain to the core. Despite this, he too had strong ties to the Shamans, richly bribing the spirits to assuage his guilty conscience. At the start of round 7, he was 41.
    Pauline, aka Pauly Feathers. She is in her late 60s now, and commander of the base at Ryazen bay. Ginger holds her proxy.
    Former Members:
    Gil Egan and Mary Ann Summers: Two longtime friends, Gil is a catamaran skipper and Mary Ann raises ground parrots. They are popular and well known with the people, and often act as the loyal opposition in discussions. Gil Egan is a notable klutz, and numerous stories float around about him. Mary Ann is acknowledge animal lover, possessing an almost supernatural ability to understand birds, beasts, and creatures like dolphins and whales. Both have since left to pursue other things.
    Roy Hinkley: Roy has been the elected mayor of Opal for decade. An accomplished brewer and tinkerer, he can be expected to keep the food and booze flowing from Opal to the rest of the cities, but has little ambition of his own. He has a single daughter and 2 grandchildren. At the start of round 7, he is 70.
    Eunice Lovell Wentworth: She is a widow in her 60s and dotes on Jonas like he was her child. Tavern rumors suggest she was his first ‘conquest’, sometime between her third and fourth husbands. That he shares her bed when visiting the City of Amber only fuels that rumor. A doting, seemingly dotty woman, she runs the city of Amber with her large, extended family. Several of her grandchildren have become Shamans, and she is a strong promoter of the religion. Her connection to the Shamans make her the acknowledged next in line to rule. She died during round 4, at the age of 71
    Jonas Grumby, The Pirate King
    Appearance: Tall and dark skinned, with a broad chest. His eyes are a brilliant copper color, hinting at some odd ancestry. His hair was dark, tending towards blue- a Cremar trait. It went stark white with the slightest blue streaks at an early age. Tales say he was dragged into the depths by a squid as a young man but fought free. The shock of near death turned his hair white overnight. His face is tattooed along the right eye, showing his mother’s family. He favors silk breeches and vest with mid-thigh sharkskin boots. He wears a wide-brimmed hat thick with feathers. At the start of round 7, he was 59.
    Jonas is a native of the City of Pearl. His mother was a subsistence farmer and his father a sailor. Born on the pirate ship Sunset, he rose to command through his discerning nature, good fortune, and keen negotiating skills. In his later life, he parlayed his wealth into of most of the intra-city trading and building up Pearl as the shipping capital. He does his best to keep the leaders of the other cities content. His relationship with the Shamans is less secure, as he sees many of them as frauds living off the fear of the populace.
    His skills as a nautical commander mean that many ship captains will heed his call to arms should an invasion force be sighted. Still, the fractious nature of the crews and the wide-open sea lanes limit the ships he can call upon.
    He retired and left his daughter in charge. His stats at the end were: Diplomacy: 5 Military: 3 Curiosity: 7 Faith: 2 Luck: 5
    Last edited by lt_murgen; 2014-04-14 at 09:43 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Added you to my charts. Welcome!

World Building Projects:
    Magic

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

Everyone- since I am coming a bit late to the game, please feel free to shoot me a PM if there is something in my write-up that might be problematic, or is against the spirit of the game. I am new to this.

15. - Top - End - #705

So, wombat, what are we looking at for the Ball? A new thread in a role playing section of the forum?

16. - Top - End - #706

I've been thinking...
    How would it work if someone else was in charge for a year?
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

17. - Top - End - #707

Grand Conference thread is open!
    (Only the ones who are invited and mentioned in the OP if this thread are welcome)
    A swordmaster never backs off, I'll cut you to ribbons with my almighty sabre! CHAOS DANCE!!

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

18. - Top - End - #708

Quote Originally Posted by WaylanderX View Post
    Grand Conference thread is open!
    (Only the ones who are invited and mentioned in the OP if this thread are welcome)
    What about Eyrecradia? You did send a PM...
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

19. - Top - End - #709

You did not respond? You can still be part of it though, if you send an IC messenger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

20. - Top - End - #710

You did not respond? You can still be part of it though, if you send an IC messenger.
    In the conference or actual game thread?
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #711

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    In the conference or actual game thread?
    A PM to me will suffice. Just make sure it is IC.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

A PM to me will suffice. Just make sure it is IC.
    Is this invite only? I never received notice of this, but do note that many of the regions are closeby; including our neighbour Pyronia to the west.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

23. - Top - End - #713

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Is this invite only? I never received notice of this, but do note that many of the regions are closeby; including our neighbour Pyronia to the west.
    It is invite only. However, last round you could also send me a PM asking permission to join even as you did not recieve one. But seeing a huge number of people is going to attend, the elections are closed. Eyrecradia was an exception due to that country already having recieved an invitation in a PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing to see here

24. - Top - End - #714
    Ettin in the Playground

I'll be starting up a thread for the ball in a moment. Anyone who comes, make sure to make it one of your actions. The upside is you can discuss things like trade and marriages here in the same turn, since most parties will be there.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

25. - Top - End - #715
    Ogre in the Playground

It is invite only. However, last round you could also send me a PM asking permission to join even as you did not recieve one. But seeing a huge number of people is going to attend, the elections are closed. Eyrecradia was an exception due to that country already having recieved an invitation in a PM.
    That's very reasonable. In fact, if all ten countries join the conference I might even not message you about it because that's quite the large alliance to be handling as-is. I wish you luck!

I'll be starting up a thread for the ball in a moment. Anyone who comes, make sure to make it one of your actions. The upside is you can discuss things like trade and marriages here in the same turn, since most parties will be there.
    Ah, most excellent! It is the first year, right? 336? Is it early or late in the year? (I could post the action right away then.)
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

26. - Top - End - #716
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    That's very reasonable. In fact, if all ten countries join the conference I might even not message you about it because that's quite the large alliance to be handling as-is. I wish you luck!

Ah, most excellent! It is the first year, right? 336? Is it early or late in the year? (I could post the action right away then.)
    It will be the first year, yes.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

Wombat, if you get a chance could you update the leader of Genivana. Zeburi stepped down, so Mosi II is King now. His stats are on my nation page.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Ogre in the Playground

Updated my regions imports. Iron is a necessity for the country, the rest are nice to haves.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ettin in the Playground

Wombat, if you get a chance could you update the leader of Genivana. Zeburi stepped down, so Mosi II is King now. His stats are on my nation page.
    Added, and changed your stats as well.

Also, I updated everyone's stats to reflect the additions from Round 2 start.

World Building Projects:
    Magic

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ettin in the Playground

Edit:

Hold on... Zabbarot - Is your new ruler related to yours?

If so, your stats were 4 1 2 4 4, which means you get a plus 1 to your diplomacy, faith and luck. In addition, you get a plus 1 to faith from round 2, bringing you up to 2 4 4 6 5. If not, you'll be at 1 4 4 5 4.
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2014-01-27 at 09:26 AM.

World Building Projects:
    Magic