New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Ok, i have edited my nation post Again, so it has social structure, a crest, and all the things a multi-nation post is supposed to have. my super liir-gnomes are fleshed out, and now i only need to elaborate with more fluff about them and there ally above (that would be Pryonia)

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Ooooo. Can I see it Rain Dragon? I don't care if you think it's good or bad or anything, I just really appreciate the effort (And am interested in seeing how others visual it). If it's not possible then I understand.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ogre in the Playground

In that case I'll work on the thread.

EDIT - Sure. Here it is. The red pen isn't as red as I thought it would be, but I was at a friend's house, so...

EDIT - I need to resize it. <.< I forgot I changed the settings on my tablet camera.

EDIT - Fixed it!

Spoiler: The Grief
    Show

Normally I would've cropped it because I didn't draw the lower half of Duke Bloodfang...
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 08:00 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

4. - Top - End - #514
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SamBurke View Post
    I mean, I've only gotten one event (I have Luck 1... ), but I made decent use of things, and plan to do more once this war's over.
    I had Luck 10 and the only event I've gotten was made by me. Morph rewards those who reward themselves I think
    Quote Originally Posted by lt_murgen View Post
    Exploratory expeditions expeditiously expediting exploration would be epicurially equipped.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Arkh- If you'd like, you can claim 20B. Of course, seeing as it's underground, that may not fit with what you're planning.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintonBeck View Post
    Dragons are coming? Oh boy...
    The real question, however, is whether winter is coming.

EDIT: Also, will post region 26 write-up... Tuesday, maybe? Probably Friday though, when spring break starts.
    Last edited by Lord_Burch; 2014-03-09 at 08:11 PM.
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Burch View Post
    @Arkh- If you'd like, you can claim 20B. Of course, seeing as it's underground, that may not fit with what you're planning.

The real question, however, is whether winter is coming.

EDIT: Also, will post region 26 write-up... Tuesday, maybe? Probably Friday though, when spring break starts.
    I think we've established what's coming first and foremost. Messages. (I was going to put this in blue text, but that would imply I was joking... haha)

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

7. - Top - End - #517

I think we've established what's coming first and foremost. Messages. (I was going to put this in blue text, but that would imply I was joking... haha)
    Seriously though, I think I've sent/received more messages than I have posts. Or close to it, anyway. Oh, and moosabbi? Didn't you say you had some trade propositions for me? And Zap, is that trade going though this round?
    Amazing Jaune Arc avatar made by the talented artist Comissar. Thanks a lot!

Playing as the Kingdom of Gleiss in Empire! 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    A ravenous, numberless horde of immortal, undying goats cursed with unceasing hunger would actually be a very disturbing apocalypse.

8. - Top - End - #518
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow.......... Thanks Rain Dragon..... It's very touching. I appreciate it…
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

9. - Top - End - #519
    Orc in the Playground

And I think I'VE established that Winter is indeed coming. (Praise be to Yphine)

On the other hand, picking out custom colors for all my people's speech is super annoying because I have to copypasta every time.

10. - Top - End - #520

Quote Originally Posted by HisHolyAngel View Post
    And I think I'VE established that Winter is indeed coming. (Praise be to Yphine)

On the other hand, picking out custom colors for all my people's speech is super annoying because I have to copypasta every time.
    Just chose a color name, like jade, Scarlet, or gold
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

11. - Top - End - #521
    Ogre in the Playground

Just advertising again like the scumbag I am!

EDIT - Oh no! With the HW stuff and getting nasty foreigners out of Yorukuni I have not enough actions. Sorry Sam, but I don't think I can go to the Last Visitation at all. I /really/ want Faith 5. Really badly before anything too horrible happens to my nation.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 08:53 PM.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post

EDIT - Oh no! With the HW stuff and getting nasty foreigners out of Yorukuni I have not enough actions. Sorry Sam, but I don't think I can go to the Last Visitation at all. I /really/ want Faith 5. Really badly before anything too horrible happens to my nation.
    Now why would anything horrible happen to you?

MANIACAL LAUGHHHH!

What' the Last Visitation?

13. - Top - End - #523
    Dwarf in the Playground

MANIACAL LAUGHHHH!

He's stuck next to a nation of religious fanatics who are ruled by the first reasonable leader in more than a century, and he's old and will probably die soon.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Wow..........
    You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Just chose a color name, like jade, Scarlet, or gold
    Preferably not jade or sky blue. I find it very difficult to read those colours, but if you must you must...

I'd slowly worked my Cur to 8 for my heir and never intended to get Cur 10, but instead get Faith 5 before the threat of invasion. Then a misunderstanding spanning several treaties meant I really had to get Cur 10, which meant I couldn't get Faith 5 because Tekorvanin don't live very long so my first ruler didn't have a lot of time. Then a war thing broke out and I've honestly had these actions sitting in my Google Document for /five rounds/! So... I didn't want something /else/ to happen to me and prevent me from working on my really-way-cool-guys.

Plus I can't get assassins without annoying several people.
    Plus my most recent actions have also annoyed several people OOC, but I haven't yet seen repercussions IC. I was prepared for the IC ones, but they're still coming.

The Last Visitation is Guilder's event.

Speaking of which, I noticed Guilder's actions. Hey Samburke, you didn't sign your treaty last round and you haven't signed it this round. That umm... Invalidates some very important parts of it. Even if someone else signs it, I'm not entirely sure the ones that were specifically between Guilder and Sanctuary would stay there.

EDIT - Arutha I decided to leave my Lord of Fire woes out of it. A large concentration of them are my neighbours and now there are a polar people right next to me who are LoF-y. Fffffff...!
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 09:37 PM.

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ettin in the Playground

biggrin Re: EMPIRE! Community World-Building Game III: Prepare Your Inbox! (Messages Are Comi

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    You can only make trade agreements for stuff you already have, not stuff you will have later. Silverbit did not hvae region 14b until now.

You can arrange it at the final visitatipn, perhaps.
    OK, cool... I really need him to die next... UGH.

Myself and Scla'Ca/Alydaxis have a trade agreement that's pending one of us getting ocean faring ships. It's for resources we have but I'm wondering if that'll have to be re-upped when we actually get the tech? (Also, do we need ocean tech for trade purposes only? Probably should have asked then but I was thinking no, now I'm not sure)
    Hey, if you want Ocean Tech, PM me an offer, and I'm up for it. With all the trade I need to do, it looks like the Last Visitation will have to be this round, and my colonization efforts will be pushed back.

I actually want our nations to be besties. Like BFFs. Like. Forever.
    Dude, so do I. We're right up there close, so... let's get it on! I'm very intrigued at where you're going, meself.

Quote Originally Posted by zabbarot View Post
    I had Luck 10 and the only event I've gotten was made by me. Morph rewards those who reward themselves I think
    Oh, I'll be rewarding myself soon, I hope.

MANIACAL LAUGHHHH!

Guilder's event, link coming shortly. It's basically the country-sized version of Bilbo's Farewell Party, minus magical rings, wizards, and the lack of huge consecrated island-graveyards.

Eh, no scumbag to advertise. I can probably do a fluff post or two there, if my week permits.

I'd slowly worked my Cur to 8 for my heir and never intended to get Cur 10, but instead get Faith 5 before the threat of invasion. Then a misunderstanding spanning several treaties meant I really had to get Cur 10, which meant I couldn't get Faith 5 because Tekorvanin don't live very long so my first ruler didn't have a lot of time. Then a war thing broke out and I've honestly had these actions sitting in my Google Document for /five rounds/! So... I didn't want something /else/ to happen to me and prevent me from working on my really-way-cool-guys.

Plus I can't get assassins without annoying several people.
    Plus my most recent actions have also annoyed several people OOC, but I haven't yet seen repercussions IC. I was prepared for the IC ones, but they're still coming.
    So you... can't come... but you need the agreement to be signed this round anyway...?

I have 9 actions that *NEED* to get done this round. It hurts so much!

Which is why I love this game.
    James/TheDoge Avatar by Ceika!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by TravelLog View Post
    *snip* ...Hands down the funniest class critique ever... *snip*
    I cannot tell you the number of times I laughed while reading this.

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

First Place Pathfinder Grab Bags:
    XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

So you... can't come... but you need the agreement to be signed this round anyway...?

I have 9 actions that *NEED* to get done this round. It hurts so much!

Which is why I love this game.
    I... could... sacrifice the Faith actions...

It depends on if the offer becomes standing if someone else has spent an action on it. I don't think someone of the GC is allowed to sign on your behalf.

EDIT - Just checked what I was on about. I'm sure since I already spent an action I can fluff some guys to come and you can sign it at your event, but none of your actions is holding the event which is why I brought it up.

I... Should not multi-task. Ever.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 09:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Can't we all chill (no pun intended) at Cantus Sai and do all our diplomacy there? I mean, I have the actions to go to both maybe but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Sam, the LV could be a fluff only event. You could even have a thread for it, just no deals can be made ya know? Also, PM incoming.

Spoiler
    Show

Amazing Avatar by Qwernt! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    The whole world is held aloft by a dragon.

That dragon? Held aloft by a bigger dragon.

It's dragons all the way up
    Beat the bejesus out of a Paladin

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Can't we all chill (no pun intended) at Cantus Sai and do all our diplomacy there? I mean, I have the actions to go to both maybe but I'd rather not if I don't have to. Sam, the LV could be a fluff only event. You could even have a thread for it, just no deals can be made ya know? Also, PM incoming.
    Pun taken. R0F1ROFLroflroflrofl!1

I /really/ do not want to steal Sam's thunder though. The LV sounds a lot cooler.

EDIT - Starving. I'm going to respond to the awesome post Quinton made in a moment. Noodles ahoy!
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 09:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529

Felitora
    Area Region 51
    resources: Crystal, wood, and pelts/furs, imports coal.
    Population:
    Religion: Monotheism (Yphine)

Spoiler: Terrain
    Show
    The alpine mountains, forests, and tundra of Felitora, dusted with snow for half of the year, are mainly a vast plain with a long mountain range dividing most of the southwest corner from the region. A large river descends from it, and forms numerous tributaries often blogged with ice. Most of Felitora is covered in alpine forests, and the mountains bear many as well.

Spoiler: Landmarks
    Show
    1: Turath, the Capital of Felitora. A bustling trade center, a military fortress, and a sanctuary of knowledge all in one, the city is divided into the outer ring, or Exportia, which is passed through on one side by a large river where ports rest that provides access to boat travel and delivering cargo. The other sides possess shops and storage areas.
    The inner ring, or Luxia, is full of schools, temples, and libraries, home to locations devoted to providing education. Most of Felitora's inhabitants live in this area.
    The center area, Eyria, is walled off to the rest of the city, only accessible via gates guarded by soldiers. The center of Felitora is home to the Senatius Palace, home to the ruler and his advisers, and the military training programs.
    2: Cryoal Spire, a large mountain peak in the north, towers above the nation at a staggering 1,063 feet above sea level. This steep mountain is perpetually covered in snow and riddled with caverns full of crystals.
    3: Spirus River, a large winding river that stretches across the region and intersects with Turath.
    It is a well-traveled route used by traders.

Spoiler: People
    Show
    Felitora is home to numerous different races of beastfolk, the most prevalent being Catborn and Drakeborn.
    Bearborn: humanoids with Nordic-similar relatively muscled bodies, fair or pale skin, and tall, sturdy builds. Bearborn are adorned with bear ears and an increased body hair growth, which is quite similar to fur in feeling.
    Bearborn are descended from werebears

Wolfeborn: men with a lean, wiry build, vaguely lupine faces, wolf-like ears, fair skin, and a doglike tail.
    Wolfeboro are descended from werewolves

Catborn: a human with fair or pale skin, a long catlike tail, and cat ears. They possess an athletic, slender form and a skill with acrobatics.
    Catborn are descended from werecats.

Drakeborn: Men with skin coated in scales, with a powerfully strong resistance and a draconic face. Occasionally possessing horns, Drakeborn also have a long tail. They are descended from dragons interbreeding with humans.
    Bearborn: 24%
    Wolfeborn: 18%
    Catborn: 27%
    Drakeborn: 31%
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-12 at 03:00 PM.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

20. - Top - End - #530

[roll0]=3 = Diplomacy
    [roll1]=4+1=5 = Military
    [roll2]=3+1=4 = curiosity
    [roll3]=2 = Faith
    [roll4]=4 = luck
    I have now learned that the board actually makes rolls for you.
    EDIT: and of course, it's different than the actual post.
    Last edited by Arkhosia; 2014-03-09 at 10:09 PM.
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Orc in the Playground

I tried to make a tektek of Fabula. It didn't come out that great, but it should give you a good sense of her.
    Last edited by HisHolyAngel; 2014-03-09 at 10:42 PM.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Ettin in the Playground

I... could... sacrifice the Faith actions...

It depends on if the offer becomes standing if someone else has spent an action on it. I don't think someone of the GC is allowed to sign on your behalf.

EDIT - Just checked what I was on about. I'm sure since I already spent an action I can fluff some guys to come and you can sign it at your event, but none of your actions is holding the event which is why I brought it up.

I... Should not multi-task. Ever.
    Yeah, as long as you've already spent the action, you wouldn't have to again. Or we can go with the suggestion after this:

OH! That's a perfect idea... I do have an idea. What if Cantus Sai had a special ceremony, an all-faiths funeral sort of thing? That's where the Doge makes his announcements and the like.

I tried to make a tektek of Fabula. It didn't come out that great, but it should give you a good sense of her.
    That came out *EPIC!* I love 'er! How... how do you make a TekTek? I have an Empire Avatar coming in for Humperdink, but it'll be next round.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

23. - Top - End - #533
    Orc in the Playground

Just go to tektek.org then click on Gaia Dream Avatar.

It's a fan-made with access to every avatar item on Gaia, allowing people who play Gaia to figure out their dream avatar.
    Last edited by HisHolyAngel; 2014-03-09 at 11:12 PM.

24. - Top - End - #534
    Ogre in the Playground

I have now learned that the board actually makes rolls for you.
    EDIT: and of course, it's different than the actual post.
    Yes. The preview button kinda doesn't exist.

If only you'd hit 'submit' instead. Well... You have a couple of fours at least.

OH! That's a perfect idea... I do have an idea. What if Cantus Sai had a special ceremony, an all-faiths funeral sort of thing? That's where the Doge makes his announcements and the like.
    Hmm, well... Unfortunately Cantus Sai is a Yorukunin thing and the Yorukuninin wouldn't want to be a part of it. If you want to get there during the day though, the Tekorvanin would certainly be accepting of it and participate. High Prince Yuuhi would also attend, difficult though it may be for him. In my signature under Tekorva 'terrain' is a map you can pick a spot.

Tekorvan funeral beliefs after the event are... I didn't want to publish them on the boards, they're strange. But during the funeral, they're incredibly respectful and I'm sure they'd turn up in their reds, yellows and oranges burning incense and being respectful.

EDIT - I used to have a Gaia but it was attached to an email account WindowsLive randomly locked... I use Gmail now.

Fixed something. /No/ idea how that mistake happened but mm... Also, I have to rename the Frozen Waste on my map yet, so ignore that.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 11:19 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ettin in the Playground

Hmm, well... Unfortunately Cantus Sai is a Yorukunin thing and the Yorukuninin wouldn't want to be a part of it. If you want to get there during the day though, the Tekorvanin would certainly be accepting of it and participate. High Prince Yuuhi would also attend, difficult though it may be for him. In my signature under Tekorva 'terrain' is a map you can pick a spot.

Tekorvan funeral beliefs after the event are... I didn't want to publish them on the boards, they're strange. But during the funeral, they're incredibly respectful and I'm sure they'd turn up in their reds, yellows and oranges burning incense and being respectful.

EDIT - I used to have a Gaia but it was attached to an email account WindowsLive randomly locked... I use Gmail now.

Fixed something. /No/ idea how that mistake happened but mm... Also, I have to rename the Frozen Waste on my map yet, so ignore that.
    OK. Last Visitation will be its own event, and up soon.

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

26. - Top - End - #536
    Ogre in the Playground

OK. Last Visitation will be its own event, and up soon.
    Mmm, sorry about that. I'll definitely send a party that way as a fluff action though.

EDIT - Hey look, Scale and Lorelle arrived in Aes Shinchuu.
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2014-03-09 at 11:30 PM.

27. - Top - End - #537
    Orc in the Playground

Mmm, sorry about that. I'll definitely send a party that way as a fluff action though.

And the fluffiest of fluffed people.

28. - Top - End - #538
    Ettin in the Playground

Just go to tektek.org then click on Gaia Dream Avatar.

It's a fan-made with access to every avatar item on Gaia, allowing people who play Gaia to figure out their dream avatar.
    Huh. I'll look at it.

Fluff! Yeah!

And the fluffiest of fluffed people.
    The Last Visitation. Elemental? Remember how I said I wasn't attached to these characters? Apparently, I was wrong. I cried a little writing, too. Have fun guys!

Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew Awards:
    Spoiler
    Show

XIII
    XIV
    XV
    XVIII

29. - Top - End - #539
    Orc in the Playground

Rain... I don't like your people very much...

30. - Top - End - #540
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Btw, what countries all have an academy, university or something of the sort?
    There is the University of Severikand. Oldest such institution in the world.

Elemental? Remember how I said I wasn't attached to these characters? Apparently, I was wrong. I cried a little writing, too. Have fun guys!
    It's impossible not to get attached. We try, but we can't.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!