New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] BleachitP: Reborn: OOC Thread 12

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Every other power has this effect. The person using flash steps/sonido moves too fast for it to be recognized, maybe? They move to fast for some senses but not others? That's really a stretch. Why wouldn't it give off some form of energy that could be followed?
    I point to you, again, that neither canon nor this game has an example of Sonido/Houhou creating a Reiatsu burst.

And, again, if it did it would be a far too obvious tell. Suppose it leaves a trail of Reiatsu behind.

Oh hey, I can see the trail is going around my back.

Suppose it leaves a distinct impression only upon departure, as you defend.

He just used up a large amount of Reiatsu and disappeared. I should expect backstabbing.

Every other power also has a distinctive visual cue that Reiatsu is about to fire: Cero/Bala glows, for instance. Aside from the sound it produces, Sonido doesn't leave such a visible trail behind.

Compare Byakuya versus Yoruichi during the Soul Society Arc. Even though he was able to use Shunpo to catch up to her he was STILL unable to A) predict when she would do it next and B) prevent her from reaching his back. Byakuya is known for having great skills in Kido, Shunpo AND Zanjutsu (though the latter of the three is mostly from having an abusive Shikai). If it produced a distinctive Reiatsu burst as you describe, Yoruichi wouldn't get behind his back no matter how much more capable than him she were.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    So, should I sort of just toss my Arrancar into Hueco Mundo for him to get picked up by someone?
    Well. I would recommend taking a look at the existing Espada. Try to decide if a couple of them might be good fits. Then ask their player(s), either via PM or in this thread, if it would be alright if you're their Fraccion. If none of them strike your fancy for now, you can make your Arrancar a Numeros (basically, a rank-and-file Arrancar who might eventually become a Fraccion or some such).
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #243
    Barbarian in the Playground

Every other power has this effect. The person using flash steps/sonido moves too fast for it to be recognized, maybe? They move to fast for some senses but not others? That's really a stretch. Why wouldn't it give off some form of energy that could be followed?
    I'd like to direct you specifically to this part of my post, Kuroi. If a shunpo can be faster than the eyes, the burst of power would be faster than the reiatsu sense.
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Speaking of usurping positions... being as how I've yet to receive a reply from Purple Rose and haven't seen a post as Sakura anywhere, I figure it may be interesting if Magatsu tries for a promotion after he achieves Bankai. Possibly Kenpachi-style.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Speaking of usurping positions... being as how I've yet to receive a reply from Purple Rose and haven't seen a post as Sakura anywhere, I figure it may be interesting if Magatsu tries for a promotion after he achieves Bankai. Possibly Kenpachi-style.
    Purple's posting pattern is somewhat...erratic. I recommend giving yourself some time to plot things out, then submitting your proposal to the Central 5. We'll see what we can do about integrating said plans.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Or maybe there is nothing riccaru.

Bursts of reiatsu are, more often than not, the result of flashy and powerful techniques (which flash steps of any type really aren't) or ar eoutright intentional for the purpose of intimidation.

Really, it is much simpler to just assume there is no burst by default than say that "it is faster than the senses".
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    Purple's posting pattern is somewhat...erratic. I recommend giving yourself some time to plot things out, then submitting your proposal to the Central 5. We'll see what we can do about integrating said plans.
    Oh, it won't be for a while. Magatsu is close-ish to reaching Bankai, but that's still a ways off.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sereg's little fit would hold water if a few Fraccion hadn't already left the skybox without his express permission.

Here and here.

Just, you know, FYI.

9. - Top - End - #249

Sereg's little fit would hold water if a few Fraccion hadn't already left the skybox without his express permission.

Here and here.

Just, you know, FYI.
    You're forgetting his strong personal distaste for Vincente. Also, everyone else's had some semblance of being an emergency. Lalita and Canguro left to attend to her wounds, and Serazel left to see if Mei was still kicking. Vincente is leaving for undisclosed personal reasons.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

You're forgetting his strong personal distaste for Vincente. Also, everyone else's had some semblance of being an emergency. Lalita and Canguro left to attend to her wounds, and Serazel left to see if Mei was still kicking. Vincente is leaving for undisclosed personal reasons.
    Ciaphas left because Cecilia was feeling petty, and didn't want Zeiko to leave the arena yet.

And you never stated anywhere, until now, that this was somehow against the law, or the rules of the day, or anything.

Sure Sereg can be mad and taunt Vicente. But it's a bit unfair to then violently oppose him leaving, just because he didn't verbally respond to Sereg.

Edit: Seriously riccaru? Not only does Sereg tempt fate by sitting in Von Geister's chair, but he says "if you try anything, I'll kill you"?

Has it not occurred to you, by reading the posts that Kuroi and myself have made, that he and I already discussed this matter? Since HG is no longer here, and Serazel's about the only responsible Fraccion of Mei. It seemed logical to do so.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2010-09-29 at 08:05 PM.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

I'd like to direct you specifically to this part of my post, Kuroi. If a shunpo can be faster than the eyes, the burst of power would be faster than the reiatsu sense.
    That'd make the entire base of your argument pointless.

Simply put, if it's too fast for the senses, it might as well not be there as a clue that it was used (which is where the argument originated from after all).

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Sereg's hand comes out from the wall and slowly lowers to his side. "Right. I never did get the story about the chicken legs song, Pico."He says and walks back to the arena, sitting where Geister had previously been seated. "Just know, Vincente. If you make an underhanded grab at Mei, I'll kill you."
    Come on. This is pretty metagamey, man.

I'm purposefully leaving Sereg alone, since it seems to be a sore spot with you.

But that's apparently not enough. Even though, as I just said, I've talked this over with Kuroimaken. I've talked it over with Draken. Neither has objected. Yet you continue to. Can't you just let this play out for a bit?

13. - Top - End - #253

Ciaphas left because Cecilia was feeling petty, and didn't want Zeiko to leave the arena yet.

And you never stated anywhere, until now, that this was somehow against the law, or the rules of the day, or anything.

Sure Sereg can be mad and taunt Vicente. But it's a bit unfair to then violently oppose him leaving, just because he didn't verbally respond to Sereg.

Edit: Seriously riccaru? Not only does Sereg tempt fate by sitting in Von Geister's chair, but he says "if you try anything, I'll kill you"?

Has it not occurred to you, by reading the posts that Kuroi and myself have made, that he and I already discussed this matter? Since HG is no longer here, and Serazel's about the only responsible Fraccion of Mei. It seemed logical to do so.
    Ciaphus left under orders of his Espada. And yes, Sereg did exactly that. It's become a habit. Do you not remember the incident with Genoveva's chair? And yes, he said that. Do you think he'd care what the others would say? Has anything up to this point made you think he'd oppose to being "unfair"? It explicitly says on his character sheet that he'll take every opportunity to put down fraccion or lower.

Edit: It's meta-gamey for a character to say that they're going to do something? Man, we should probably look at all those times people say they're going to do something in the mortal world thread. It happens quite often.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-09-29 at 08:10 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

This isn't about "putting down". This is about your OOC frustrations seemingly bleeding over, to blatantly block a legitimately interesting plot turn. Just because you don't like the character.

Whatever. I'm going through with it. But don't expect me to let you insta-kill Vicente or something.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Of course, Aléjandro could just order Vincente to get on with his business.

16. - Top - End - #256

This isn't about "putting down". This is about your OOC frustrations seemingly bleeding over, to blatantly block a legitimately interesting plot turn. Just because you don't like the character.

Whatever. I'm going through with it. But don't expect me to let you insta-kill Vicente or something.
    *beats head off desk* Fine, I won't say anything about any character in the OOC. You do what you want IC, and I'll do what I want IC. It's done. Everything Sereg has said are in character. Everything he has done is in character. Beyond that is for you to decide personally.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Of course, Aléjandro could just order Vincente to get on with his business.
    Yes, he could. But he didn't. And Sereg isn't in the way. So go ahead and do it. It's your character.
    Last edited by riccaru; 2010-09-29 at 08:13 PM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Orc in the Playground

But that's apparently not enough. Even though, as I just said, I've talked this over with Kuroimaken. I've talked it over with Draken. Neither has objected. Yet you continue to. Can't you just let this play out for a bit?
    This right here.

It's none of anyone else's business. Deal with it. Or make a case to Draken, or the Central 5, or whoever. But this argument is leading nowhere.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

18. - Top - End - #258

*beats head off desk* Fine, I won't say anything about any character in the OOC. You do what you want IC, and I'll do what I want IC. It's done. Everything Sereg has said are in character. Everything he has done is in character. Beyond that is for you to decide personally.
    This right here.
    It's done. I'm not continuing this anymore.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Case is with me. Central Five was elected to handle problems of Soul Society. I despotically took upon myself to handle matters of Hueco Mundo.
    Last edited by Draken; 2010-09-29 at 08:18 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

I also wouldn't expect Sereg to be able to beat Vicente on a race.

Here's how it might play out:

Sereg and Vicente race. They both arrive at Mei's Palacio. Serazel is already there (he had a headstart after all). Serazel knows what Vicente is after, as there was already an exchange between them during the whole "Cero at the skybox" incident. He proposes to team up and beat the crap out of Sereg, which earns him a position as Septima and has HIM, specifically, leave Mei alone (which is what he would go with from the start), potentially extracting from him the promise to protect Mei from future onslaught.

Practically the same end result, but with Sereg potentially becoming a Privaron in the process.

And please don't start with the whole "but the two of them would never beat Sereg" thing. All things considered, there's a good chance others potentially interested in the position would show up. Heck, even Pico might end up there, as he has clearly demonstrated that he holds nothing but contempt for Sereg's attitude.

Seriously, it's been planned and discussed already. Please don't throw a wrench into things.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

On the subject of planning. Kuroimaken, check your PMs.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Pixie in the Playground

Just to let Steilos and Moon_Wolf know, Seiko is completely ready for the two of you to drop in on him.

Okay, that wasn't entirely true. I'm not sure if anyone can be ready for Feiyan, but I'm ready for him to meet y'all.

So, in the interest of keeping the SS arc moving, I'm ready whenever y'all are!

EDIT: Also, I noticed that Cassandra hasn't been added to the Samsara list yet. Is there a problem with her that I just missed, or is it just an honest mistake? Because, if there is a problem with her, I'd be more than glad to fix it.
    Last edited by Kayne650; 2010-09-29 at 09:48 PM.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Hey, guys.

I've been out for a couple of months, due to IRL crazyness (don't really want to elaborate here), but I'm getting back in, tentatively.

Have either Natsuko or Mei been replaced? If they have, fine, if not, I'll see about getting back in with them both.

Also with Izumi.
    Right, so.

Natsuko's not been replaced. We basically put her on "maternity leave", but things are pretty flexible there.

Izumi's around, we just were going to leave her be. She missed the Angry Janitor fight, but could theoretically end up at the Shrine the afternoon of the next day, when all the kids gather (some are gathering for the evening there, but others went home).

Mei...well, Mei is more complicated. Kuroi and I were looking to do a small plot where Vicente supplants her, but doesn't kill her.

We can steer away from that, make it an unsuccessful attempt...whatever you'd like, really.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay.

We might go for unsuccessful attempt on that plot, then. If the plot had gone off, I'd be fine with that, too. Probably have her biding her time or something...

Let's see... I'm fine with Izumi turning up at the Shrine the next day. Possibly have had her tied up with a Hollow fight in a completely different area.

Natsuko... fine with 'maternity leave'. I'm probably going to have the actual birth pretty soon, in any case.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-09-30 at 01:32 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Natsuko and Taiki really haven't done much of anything...I've been busy, so I haven't done much in that regard. They're both still alive, kicking, and in their positions. Heck, with the speed of the game, I'm not even sure Natsuko was on maternity leave, she just wasn't on-screen.

By the way, Kina won't be showing up at the Shrine. I expected her to be abducted by this point. She has no reason to show up besides keeping up the charade, and I figure she won't have all that much to add that Sakaya wouldn't already be saying.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Okay.

We might go for unsuccessful attempt on that plot, then. If the plot had gone off, I'd be fine with that.

Let's see... I'm fine with Izumi turning up at the Shrine the next day. Possibly have had her tied up with a Hollow fight in a completely different area.

Natsuko... fine with 'maternity leave'. I'm probably going to have the actual birth pretty soon, in any case.
    Fine by me. The whole attempt by Vicente was so that we could keep the members of the Espada fairly active. Now that you're back, not as much of a worry. In fact...

Kuroimaken, maybe we could just have Vicente and Serazel clash, and then Vicente senses that Mei is well enough he needs to pull back for now. Sound good?

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

Okay, delayed reaction because apparently, I posted in the wrong thread. ^_^;

Ah. Whoops.

Muy bad.
    ...Wait what now?

YOU CAME BACK!!!

"CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPP!!!!! "

Oh, sorry. Gotta go pacify Pico with some beer.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

*snerk*

Incidentally, what has happened so far?

Apart from what's in the wiki.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-09-30 at 01:36 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

Ummm...

Other than the Angry Janitor fight...a whole lot of trash-talking in the skybox in Hueco Mundo, there's Captain's poker night and Officer's night out in Soul Society, and there's been a pool party in Mortal World.

Other than that, I've got nothing.

I can do more specific stuff, however. I just need to know what you want to know, because there's a lot going on.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2010-09-30 at 01:41 AM.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

That sums it up pretty well. Though the MW pool party happened before the Angry Janitor fight.