New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Vampire V : Paris by Night...

Such a huge building like the Notre Dame may seem intimidating to people. Even she herself couldn't help but shiver slightly each time she passed by. That small fear that pooled around in your stomach when you glanced up at the statues. They were looking down on you, staring at you with your stone cold eyes. Especially a someone such as herself would be judged harshly. But then again, a building like this may be just the place to look...

For today the vote will go to Lady Tialait.
    Last edited by TinyMushroom; 2011-09-09 at 04:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligarman2 View Post
    14. I will not counterspell when Celestia raises the sun.
    Do you want an avatar?
    Adopt one, or ask for a custom avatar!
    Portfolio

2. - Top - End - #212
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lord Loss because that name just yells I want to lose to me.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Loss and Galleria de Champs-Elyse
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

Need to post a vote before deadline, so:

Bladescape
    Streets of Paris

Edit: Well, paying attention to the date would be a good idea.
    Last edited by Larspcus2; 2011-09-09 at 10:07 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Lucien will go to the Cathédrale de Notre Dame

Ramsus

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

"Monsieur Tsofu! Monsieur!"
    Stopping in the action of taking on his black coat M. Tsofu looks over his shoulder at the young servant.
    "Oui, what is the matter?"
    "Don't go out today! It is like super dark outside, if I would have to put a level on it it would be 33!! You wouldn't be able to see your way on the streets of Paris!"
    While fastening his splendid leather gloves M. Tsofu takes a look outside the window to see the sun shining merrily over the rooftops.
    "We both see what an obvious lie that was, so may I inquire the reason behind it?"
    "... there have been rumours, rumours of shadows in the alleys, shadows stalking the streets! The cook says that her daughters fiancé has heard from his cousins best friend who knows certain people that people has been disappearing!"
    "Grave tidings indeed, but unfortunately I have to brave the streets today since I have matters to which I must attend. I will be back by nightfall, see to it that I have a bath waiting for me when I return."
    Leaving the protesting servant in the door M. Tsofu sets out to brave the sunny streets of Paris.

M. Tsofu was an apothecary by profession, as had his father before him. Walking leisurely through the streets packed with people, checking traders stalls and watching the various forms street entertainment, was part of the profession. You had to be ajour with what exotic plants and animals brought in from afar.
    A town-crier suddenly caught M. Tsofu's interest when he was inspecting an interesting basilisk claw. It was announced that his majesty, L'Emperuer himself, had ordered that various items of worth should be spread through the city of Paris. Now it was up to the citizens to use their wit to find these precious gifts.
    Oh my, who knows what that can be... maybe it was valuable books from the L'Emperuer personal collections, or perhaps rare specimens?
    M. Tsofu quickly decides to participate in this game of L'Emperuer and sets out for the only destination of the commoners Paris which L'Emperuer would certainly know of and appreciate, The Opera house. It is not like he would put precious gifts in the dark alleys of the Street of Paris after all.

The evening arrives, the moon rise and illuminate the city of cities in a silver light. Everything is set for a great performance at the Opera, even with the ghostly patron in the building. Unfortunately M. Tsofu isn't there for the entertainment but to look for L'Emperuers hopefully mislaid necklace of dragon-teeth, so he walks around back-stage trying to be discreet to not rouse suspicion.
    Quote Originally Posted by billtodamax View Post
    "Hey! Sir, I want to ask you a few questions, if you don't mind." a man suddenly hollers.
    Sacre bleu, they've noticed me! M. Tsofu thinks while slowly turning towards the origin of the sound.

"Certainly, what do you have on your mind?"

Edit; Crud! I didn't notice Penguinator's post. Well, there is nothing stopping more to join in the narrative I suppose.
    Last edited by Elder Tsofu; 2011-09-10 at 12:18 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217

I think Alarra is tied in first, but she is out of town or away.

Eldritch_Knight
    Total War Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:+++++ +++-
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++
    MOR:+++++ ++-
    ESPD:+++++ +++++ +++++ ++
    ESPO:+++++ +++++ +++-
    WO:+++++ +

Gobotopia
    Spoiler
    Show
    ADV:++
    ECO:+++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++++ +++-
    ESP:+
    LOY:+++++ +++++ ++
    MAG:+++++ +++++ +++++
    MIL:+++++ +++++ +++++
    REP:+++++ +++++ +
    STA:+++++ +++++ +
    Lost Woods: ++

Greater Egypt
    Spoiler
    Show
    MIL:++
    ESP:++
    ECO:++++
    RES: ++
    MOR:+++++ ++
    WO:+++++
    REP: +++

8. - Top - End - #218

Default Vampire V : Paris by Night...

Voting Phase is now officially over - no further lynch votes or event requests will be taken. Those who had not chosen a location will be assigned to the Streets for the purposes of Event resolution.

End of Day Narration to be posted within 14 hours, along with Event Results.

RP may, of course, continue.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

9. - Top - End - #219

((I don't mind if you take it up as well, Penguinator.))

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    "Monsieur Tsofu! Monsieur!"
    Stopping in the action of taking on his black coat M. Tsofu looks over his shoulder at the young servant.
    "Oui, what is the matter?"
    "Don't go out today! It is like super dark outside, if I would have to put a level on it it would be 33!! You wouldn't be able to see your way on the streets of Paris!"
    While fastening his splendid leather gloves M. Tsofu takes a look outside the window to see the sun shining merrily over the rooftops.
    "We both see what an obvious lie that was, so may I inquire the reason behind it?"
    "... there have been rumours, rumours of shadows in the alleys, shadows stalking the streets! The cook says that her daughters fiancé has heard from his cousins best friend who knows certain people that people has been disappearing!"
    "Grave tidings indeed, but unfortunately I have to brave the streets today since I have matters to which I must attend. I will be back by nightfall, see to it that I have a bath waiting for me when I return."
    Leaving the protesting servant in the door M. Tsofu sets out to brave the sunny streets of Paris.

M. Tsofu was an apothecary by profession, as had his father before him. Walking leisurely through the streets packed with people, checking traders stalls and watching the various forms street entertainment, was part of the profession. You had to be ajour with what exotic plants and animals brought in from afar.
    A town-crier suddenly caught M. Tsofu's interest when he was inspecting an interesting basilisk claw. It was announced that his majesty, L'Emperuer himself, had ordered that various items of worth should be spread through the city of Paris. Now it was up to the citizens to use their wit to find these precious gifts.
    Oh my, who knows what that can be... maybe it was valuable books from the L'Emperuer personal collections, or perhaps rare specimens?
    M. Tsofu quickly decides to participate in this game of L'Emperuer and sets out for the only destination of the commoners Paris which L'Emperuer would certainly know of and appreciate, The Opera house. It is not like he would put precious gifts in the dark alleys of the Street of Paris after all.

The evening arrives, the moon rise and illuminate the city of cities in a silver light. Everything is set for a great performance at the Opera, even with the ghostly patron in the building. Unfortunately M. Tsofu isn't there for the entertainment but to look for L'Emperuers hopefully mislaid necklace of dragon-teeth, so he walks around back-stage trying to be discreet to not rouse suspicion.

Sacre bleu, they've noticed me! M. Tsofu thinks while slowly turning towards the origin of the sound.

"Certainly, what do you have on your mind?"

Edit; Crud! I didn't notice Penguinator's post. Well, there is nothing stopping more to join in the narrative I suppose.
    This guy was shiftier than tectonic plates - and, it seemed, just as slow. I spoke carefully, to conceal my intentions.

"I just wondered if you had heard anything about these strange creatures that have been hanging around town. Something about a werewolf - and this dead guy, he didn't seem entirely normal." I said, saying nothing about my interests in the matter.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Voting Phase is now officially over - no further lynch votes or event requests will be taken. Those who had not chosen a location will be assigned to the Streets for the purposes of Event resolution.

End of Day Narration to be posted within 14 hours, along with Event Results.

RP may, of course, continue.
    But...no one reacted to my RP at all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by Diva De View Post
    But...no one reacted to my RP at all.
    Sometimes that happens. Just gotta pick yourself up and move on.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Helgraf View Post
    Sometimes that happens. Just gotta pick yourself up and move on.
    I blame people who don't RP at all. The jerks.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I sat there for ~two weeks in my first WW game, trying to drum up roleplaying. ...The one who finally responded was the person who I knew from another thread. As soon as our interaction was over, I haven't gotten any more RPing in that game. (Which makes me sad, 'cause I liked my character)

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

14. - Top - End - #224

End of day delayed until tonight. My apologies.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

Lady Tialait for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Eldritch knight and the internet I had is gone now, so im out til Tues night

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

The person answered carefully;

"I just wondered if you had heard anything about these strange creatures that have been hanging around town. Something about a werewolf - and this dead guy, he didn't seem entirely normal."
    The person before him seemed like a strange one, he was not even sure of its gender, but M. Tsofu had dealt with strange people before - some even considered him one.
    "The rumours have certainly been increasing of late as you've noticed, mostly shadows in the night though. One of my servants was even reluctant to let me out of the door today, even though it was noon!"
    "...but what is this about a werewolf?"

M. Tsofu suddenly got interested, he hadn't heard of werewolves in a long time and he thought that he might find use for them in his ointments.
    "Now that you mentioned it, I think I heard about some big dog moving around and killing animals down by the Seine - but I thought it was just that."
    "Hm, they thought it was somehow living in the sewers, but a werewolf would explain why they haven't managed to find it."
    Remember himself M. Tsofu looked a bit embarrassed at the person addressing him.
    "I beg your pardon, mind drifting away slightly there. Do you per any chance know more of this? Was it somehow connected to that fat gypsy being murdered?"
    "No that can't be right, the location was far to fashionable for that..."

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    I blame people who don't RP at all. The jerks.
    Sorry for not RPing. I was sick when the game started and if I was paying attention to the RP I'd have to pay attention to all of it. Also I've been a bit stuck on trying to come up with a character.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

Alexia steps into a large walk in closet and begins to undress. With care, she zips her dress into a protective bag, leaving on only her leather thigh high heals, stockings, a black leather corset, and a short lacey skirtling that barely hides her bottom.

She wraps a leather spiked collar around her upper arm, and removes a small leather cat-o-nine-tails from the bag. She then leaves the closet to find her next..... plaything.

After a bit of walking around, searching for someone that fits her tastes, her eyes find a lovely young woman, who looks altogether too timid and innocent to be here. Perfect.

Alexia smiles maliciously and approaches the girl. Placing the handle under the girls chin, she lifts her head up to make better eye contact. And who are you, my delicious little flower?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

20. - Top - End - #230
    Pixie in the Playground

alarra for the random
    Credit to DirtyTabs for the avatar.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Sorry for not RPing. I was sick when the game started and if I was paying attention to the RP I'd have to pay attention to all of it. Also I've been a bit stuck on trying to come up with a character.
    Erm... should have added a note, that I pretty much never RP.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

22. - Top - End - #232

Dominique left the old woman's shop and wrapped her cloak more tightly around her. After a glance up and down the street, she made her way back to the opera house. Ducking inside, she made her way to the dressing room no one used anymore, whispering about phantoms stealing away pretty girls. Smiling at her reflection in the giant, gilded mirror, she threw off the cloak and decided to give the new voice a spin.

Think of me, think of me fondly...

Instead of the rich, syrupy alto she was used to, a light, honeyed soprano voice escaped her lips. Clapping her hands over her mouth, a high-pitched giggle broke loose. Eyes wide, she gazed at the mirror longingly. Perhaps now...

Hoping, waiting, she wrapped her cloak around her again and climbed onto the reclining couch. Waiting for her angel of music.

((Lamech and the Galleria, monsieur))
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

23. - Top - End - #233

The many peoples of Paris spend much of the day hunting through her greatest buildings - and yes, even her very streets - for tokens of L'Emperuer's favor; a happy distraction from the horrible events of the prior day and evening.

The good will of L'Emperuer is not a favor to be tossed aside lightly; and as the day wears on, occasionally there are cries of triumph. As day wears toward evening, the following citizens have the honor of having located one or more of the obscura upon the list.

Yet even such distractions do not entirely still old rivalries, nor silence ancient grudges. And such is the case between the Duchesse de Pudding, and the famille du chevalier Eldritch; the bad blood between them runs so far back that even the best historians and genealogists cannot recall a time when the two families were not locking horns. The conflict is one that splits the city very nearly down the middle; indeed, one of the fastest ways to crystalize your position in the city is to take a loud and firm position with one side or the other - not even the mendicant order des lamas masqués has been able to bring peace between them.

And so, amidst the exploration of the world's greatest city, there is once more, as ever, the maneuvering and politicking as each seeks once again to try and claim a decisive advantage over the other.

The scavenger hunt becomes almost an afterthought amidst the salons of those not directly participating in it; the conversation turning instead to the gambits of the two houses.

In the end, as the last gambits unfold, it is the chevalier who bears the worst of it, but he does not go down alone...

Eldritch Knight was lynched. He was not a vampire.
    Urien was autolynched. He was not a vampire.
    Banjo1985 was up for autolynch, but has filed away status.

Event Concludes: Scavenger Hunt
    List of successful players
    Spoiler
    Show

banjo1985
    Fleeing Coward
    mangosta71
    Penguinator
    Reinholdt
    super dark33
    The_Grimmace
    TigerFang

Each of the winners receives
    Item: Token of L'Emperuer's Favor
    Spoiler
    Show

Effect/Usage: Tokens may be turned in for -one- of the following effects: (Cost is one token unless indicated)
    - A] Imperial Patronage: Use during an event to grant a significant bonus during said event.
    - B] Imperial Endorsement: Makes a faction recruitment attempt irrefusable.
    - C] (2 tokens) Imperial Endowment: A random item will be granted to the player.
    - D] (3 tokens) Imperial Favor: (Daybane of player using tokens)
    - E] (5 tokens - once per game only) Acte judiciaire de bourreaux: In addition to the result of the lynch vote, a second target of the user's choice is lynched that day - OR - a target with lynch protection has it revoked that day.
    Mobility: Unlike most items, tokens can be traded during the night phase by PMing Helgraf and RabbitHoleLost and indicating whom you want the token given to.

NIGHT IS NOW OFFICIALLY BEGUN - YOU HAVE (roughly) 24 HOURS TO SUBMIT NIGHT ACTIONS TO BOTH NARRATORS; THE END OF NIGHT NARRATION WILL OCCUR ROUGHLY 12-24 HOURS AFTERWARD.
    Last edited by Helgraf; 2011-09-12 at 02:12 AM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry for the unheralded absence everyone, but I'm back now. I'll try and catch up with things so I can actually be half-way useful for the rest of the game.

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

You should start by giving me your item you somehow managed to acquire while passed out drunk on the streets or whatever.

26. - Top - End - #236

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Tsofu View Post
    The person before him seemed like a strange one, he was not even sure of its gender, but M. Tsofu had dealt with strange people before - some even considered him one.
    "The rumours have certainly been increasing of late as you've noticed, mostly shadows in the night though. One of my servants was even reluctant to let me out of the door today, even though it was noon!"
    "...but what is this about a werewolf?"

M. Tsofu suddenly got interested, he hadn't heard of werewolves in a long time and he thought that he might find use for them in his ointments.
    "Now that you mentioned it, I think I heard about some big dog moving around and killing animals down by the Seine - but I thought it was just that."
    "Hm, they thought it was somehow living in the sewers, but a werewolf would explain why they haven't managed to find it."
    Remember himself M. Tsofu looked a bit embarrassed at the person addressing him.
    "I beg your pardon, mind drifting away slightly there. Do you per any chance know more of this? Was it somehow connected to that fat gypsy being murdered?"
    "No that can't be right, the location was far to fashionable for that..."
    Looks like I was out of practice. This guy saw through my deception like it was a glass window.
    "Maybe, maybe not. I'm just trying to find out all of the facts. A lot of people are showing up dead, and the city's acting skittish. Seems like even L'Emperuer has noticed." This guy could talk for longer than my great aunt Muriel - if you knew the dame you'd know that's something he could be proud of.

Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe, maybe not. I'm just trying to find out all of the facts. A lot of people are showing up dead, and the city's acting skittish. Seems like even L'Emperuer has noticed."
    M. Tsofu's smiling face sagged slightly at the answer.
    "Oh, what an disappointment."
    After kicking himself into gear by the prospect of acquiring at least part of a werewolf M. Tsofu deflated and returned to a more level level. Thinking for a few seconds he decided to throw out a "hook".
    "If you do find out more about the rumoured werewolf I'd be interested to hear of it. You can usually find me down by the Seine by noon, Halls aux Vins to be more precise."
    Thinking for a second more he decided to add:
    "I'd be sure to compensate you for your troubles."

28. - Top - End - #238

Now that caught my ear. I hadn't had a good job in too long, and it sounded like this guy had some serious cash.
    "I'll see what I can find out. You'll be the second to know once I find out anything about this werewolf. Just so we're clear - you want information, right? I don't exactly relish going toe to toe with that thing for a piece of hair or something."

Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

"Information would be sufficient, but if you happen to acquire more it would certainly be of interest."
    Looking around the room a bit M Tsofu comes to the conclusion that he would probably not find any of L'Emperuer trinkets today, and that it was probably time to leave before he got "assisted" to do it.
    "A pleasure doing business with you Monsieur...?"

30. - Top - End - #240

"Pelle. Call me Pelle." I said, nodding to the man and turning to leave. "Thank you for your time sir." It was clear I wasn't going to get anymore out of this guy, so I turned and headed home.

Show