New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    You so lucky.

Just the other night I had a nightmare about a Minecraft world built out of luggage, the luggage being people's souls and Na'Vi who tricked us into going into a spider-demon's lair.
    I woke up from a nightmare about a week ago, heart pounding and shaking. Then I didn't remember it at all.

How do you people manage to remember your dreams?

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by RPGsr4me View Post
    Holy crap that is the most terrifying thing I've ever read. You sub-conscience is quite the story teller.
    You should see what my conscious can think up!
    Glad you enioyed my nightmare though. There were some things I missed out, or simply couldn't find the words to explain what happened. I think the latter is the most upsetting.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post

Remind me to call ahead before ever visiting your dreamscape, Koorly.
    Think how I feel. I live in it. Then again, I hardly ever remember my dreams. Given the vividness of that nightmare, this is a good thing.

Sounds remarkably like you combined the two most terrifying creatures you could imagine in your head to create a being even more terrifying than the individuals. Probably somewhere in your mind the two ideas connected and merged, thus creating the beings of your nightmare.

The fact that it began in an unfamiliar setting, then transported into a more familiar one is probably related to the idea that a horrible thing can begin somewhere far away, but then make its way straight to your front door, which is even more terrifying than if it had just started right where you lived or if you had gone and visited it, because that means it can be anywhere.

And the fact that you were all armed with knives that were, ultimately, ineffective would be the futility of the common man to protect themselves against such atrocities, and the inevitable result of trying to do so. Your psyche, realizing that it had no way to counteract these horrors, ended your life before your mind could produce an even greater terror.

As far as nightmares go, that one is pretty "good". o.o;
    That's kind of what I figured. Foreign to well-known; no real defence; everyone wearing shorts and t-shirts or similar.

I don't even see why I was - I adore horror stories and the like; slasher films make me giggle, and the psychological stuff is delightfully creepy, but easy to throw off the effects.
    Blinkand the Angels two-parter are some of my favourite Doctor Who episodes ever. I should go back and actually pay attention to Marble Hornets next time. That'd solve everything.

It was a fairly good nightmare as far as nightmares go.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! Hey you! Curly!

I was wondering just now. When you're writing, away from the Playground, do you still turn 'j's into 'i's? And on purpose? Or by accident? And are you gonna do that with assignments in uni?

Hmmm. Where'd that "Interrogate Playgrounders" thread go?
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-09-26 at 02:59 PM.
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    It sucks. You're gonna love it.
    I see what you did there.
    Or do I...?

Quote Originally Posted by Rae Artemi View Post
    Tell us how many guys accidentally hit on you.
    I'm a ladies man... With chest hait hair and a six pack. Grrr.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen.

On a second note, never mind. We believe you! Honest! >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Orc in the Playground

I can confirm that Nameless is the manliest man on the planet. :>
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

7. - Top - End - #1417

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Hey! Hey you! Curly!

I was wondering just now. When you're writing, away from the Playground, do you still turn 'j's into 'i's? And on purpose? Or by accident? And are you gonna do that with assignments in uni?

Hmmm. Where'd that "Interrogate Playgrounders" thread go?
    This is the only site on which I use i's for iays, because it's the only site I:
    a) actually remember to use
    b) type on with regularity
    But I have accidentally typed i's for iays when writing for uni, but have gone back and corrected.
    And I certainly don't intend to do it for uni because I write at least one essay a week. And all of them are read by my tutor. Worst of all: I'm the only person in my year doing this particular English course, so I get one-on-one tutorials every week with her.
    I certainly don't intend to do any idiosyncractic typing with her or any other person reading my essays!

And that thread disappeared because Trog hosted it, and often the Playgrounder being interviewed didn't bother to respond.

EDIT:
    And how's Strathclyde treating you? Settling in okay?
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-26 at 03:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Orc in the Playground

More random tales of my band.

Played a show today at some thing called 'Romfest', was good, even if none of us really cared that much about the show itself. Because of that I was given free rein to do whatever the hell I wanted, and so spent most of the show infuriating the bassist by playing far too many polyrhythms to be anywhere near appropriate. That and playing extremely silly fills to make the guys in the front row laugh. Oh, and we broke into a random country and western jam at the end. 'Cos we're cool like that. Despite all that, the show was pretty much a success.

The band on before us were absolutely terrible though. Actually dreadful. It was their first live performance, and apparently they'd only been playing together for a month, but it sounded more like two weeks. At times it was honestly like I was watching Complete. (And If you don't know who Complete are, YouTube them and listen to Hoogie Boogie Land... it's astonishing.)

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    The band on before us were absolutely terrible though. Actually dreadful. It was their first live performance, and apparently they'd only been playing together for a month, but it sounded more like two weeks. At times it was honestly like I was watching Complete. (And If you don't know who Complete are, YouTube them and listen to Hoogie Boogie Land... it's astonishing.)
    Auuugh! My ears! My brain! It HURTS!

Just because you did that to me, I'll feed you this... peculiar... piece of art, that I had lying around just waiting for a moment like this. Behold:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjeMDvCdrtc
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post

Just because you did that to me, I'll feed you this... peculiar... piece of art, that I had lying around just waiting for a moment like this. Behold:

AHHH MY EARS!!!

Another innocent bystander caught in the crossfire in a terrible music war.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    This is the only site on which I use i's for iays, because it's the only site I:
    a) actually remember to use
    b) type on with regularity
    But I have accidentally typed i's for iays when writing for uni, but have gone back and corrected.
    And I certainly don't intend to do it for uni because I write at least one essay a week. And all of them are read by my tutor. Worst of all: I'm the only person in my year doing this particular English course, so I get one-on-one tutorials every week with her.
    I certainly don't intend to do any idiosyncractic typing with her or any other person reading my essays!

And that thread disappeared because Trog hosted it, and often the Playgrounder being interviewed didn't bother to respond.

EDIT:
    And how's Strathclyde treating you? Settling in okay?
    It's treating me okay... Now that freshers week is over, and the school clubs and classes are starting, I'll begin meeting people, and falling into a rhythm. Not that I haven't made a couple friends already.

You know, I thought I was good at settling into new cultures. But the UK is hard for me to wrap my head around.
    Maybe because it's not quite foreign enough?
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    I can confirm that Nameless is the manliest man on the planet. :>
    Grrr... Gnash! Gnash! >:o
    Last edited by Nameless; 2010-09-26 at 05:43 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post

I counter with The Shaggs! Although their music is kind of compellingly bad, rather than just plain awful.

Don't eat me.

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

14. - Top - End - #1424

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    It's treating me okay... Now that freshers week is over, and the school clubs and classes are starting, I'll begin meeting people, and falling into a rhythm. Not that I haven't made a couple friends already.

You know, I thought I was good at settling into new cultures. But the UK is hard for me to wrap my head around.
    Maybe because it's not quite foreign enough?
    It's Scotland! How much more foreign does it need to be?
    Try to avoid the deep-fried mars bars and the like, they can cause instant heart attacks.
    Especially the deep-fried pizza. And the deep-fried fish and chips. And the deep-fried donner kebab.
    I don't know about the deep-fried lettuce though.

In all seriousness though, glad that you've settled in so quickly. Hope you have fun there.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think you meant Lady-man there Nameless. Remember, you do have boobies.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    Crae is the bestest daddy,
    I make avatars, all you have to do is ask, and I'll do it if I can.
    My Awards
    I've got a Formspring, ask me questions if you want.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Troll in the Playground

OH NO! D: Nameless is a zombie!

;-; I'm sorry son, but this is for your own good. *Revs up a chainsaw*
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

17. - Top - End - #1427

And I still have a week before going back! And then a whole week before lectures, classes or any serious work begins.
    Crazy Oxonian term dates. Enioy your free time!

Also!
    I had an incredibly terrifying dream last night, actually woke me up with a pounding heart. (This would be the first proper nightmare I've had in years. Perhaps even a decade or more.)

*Snip*

I ran, but I barely made it out the field before I felt something was wrong. And I didn't want to die or get caught. So I stabbed myself in the heart.
    I felt myself die. And the Slender Man that was chasing me iust stopped, barely inside my area of vision and watched.
    And I died.

Terrifying doesn't even cover what I felt.

This does not really express the full extent of my feelings. Dying in dreams bad. It happened to me once and I really badly want it to never happen again. Creepy monsters not a significant issue (Well, OK, maybe if they were real, but they're not). Dying is a scary thing.

I wha huh buh fuh... How does that work? What's the point of deep-frying lettuce?
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

18. - Top - End - #1428
    Troll in the Playground

It's Scotland! How much more foreign does it need to be?
    Try to avoid the deep-fried mars bars and the like, they can cause instant heart attacks.
    Especially the deep-fried pizza. And the deep-fried fish and chips. And the deep-fried donner kebab.

In all seriousness though, glad that you've settled in so quickly. Hope you have fun there.

Wait...how can you have fish and chips that are not deep fried? Do you mean you re-fry the already deep-fried fish and chips?

And I would not be surprised at any of these things existing in Trogland.

I mean, we have Deep Fried Pickles for goodness sake! (They are delicious, actually).
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1429

Wait...how can you have fish and chips that are not deep fried? Do you mean you re-fry the already deep-fried fish and chips?

I mean, we have Deep Fried Pickles for goodness sake! (They are delicious, actually).
    They have deep fried coca cola at the Ohio state fair. Also deep fried butter and twinkies. Oh, and chicken fried bacon.

And yes deep fried pickles are very delicious.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

20. - Top - End - #1430
    Troll in the Playground

They have deep fried coca cola

...HOW?!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1431

...HOW?!
    They freeze it first.
    Last edited by Rae Artemi; 2010-09-26 at 08:44 PM.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

22. - Top - End - #1432

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Crazy Oxonian term dates. Enioy your free time!
    I am! Still got a lot of things to do though.

OI! FRED! We need to double-check meet-up dates. Start posting here again.
    Crazy Fresher.

This does not really express the full extent of my feelings. Dying in dreams bad. It happened to me once and I really badly want it to never happen again. Creepy monsters not a significant issue (Well, OK, maybe if they were real, but they're not). Dying is a scary thing.
    Yeah. Hence the waking up with a pounding heart and gasping for breath.
    Feeling yourself die from a self-stabbing is horrific.
    I could feel myself bleeding internally, and it was making me breathe all gurgly because I think I hit the lung as well, so it was like I was choking on top of it.
    It was so breathless, and all I could feel was tingly warmth - the kin you get when you've been out in a winter gale, and then you're inside and your skin starts warming up again - and liquid inside me that was heavier than rock.

I don't want a dream-death again.

I wha huh buh fuh... How does that work? What's the point of deep-frying lettuce?
    Scotland. Scotland needs no point. They'll deep-fry anything. And I know for a fact that they deep-fry haggis as well.

I mean, you can take anything to a chippie in Scotland, and they'll fry it for you.
    And yes, they'll re-fry fish and chips.
    My Dad was in Scotland getting fish and chips for dinner (his iob takes him all over the country) and a man walked in with a donner kebab and a pre-cooked pizza.
    He wrapped the kebab in the pizza, gave it to the counter lady and said, "Can you toss us 'at in the fryer [Lady's name]?"
    And she did.
    And he started eating it, and Dad iust staaared.
    After the man had left the chippie she turned to Dad and said, "We call that a heart attack special. He has one every week. Our regulars are running bets on when he drops dead rom heart failure."

They have deep fried coca cola at the Ohio state fair. Also deep fried butter and twinkies. Oh, and chicken fried bacon.

And yes deep fried pickles are very delicious.
    How can you deep-fry a drink?! Or butter! That's not a meal, that's an insta-artery block.

Then again, I've actually tried a deep-fried Marathon (now called a Snickers).
    They're okay. But it was too . . . odd tasting, so I only had maybe half of it.

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

23. - Top - End - #1433

How can you deep-fry a drink?! Or butter! That's not a meal, that's an insta-artery block.

Then again, I've actually tried a deep-fried Marathon (now called a Snickers).
    They're okay. But it was too . . . odd tasting, so I only had maybe half of it.
    Like I said, they freeze the coke first, batter it up. and then deep fry it.

They put batter on the butter before frying it too.

Both of these things are apparently delicious. I refuse to eat them.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

24. - Top - End - #1434
    Troll in the Playground

They freeze it first.
    Like I said, they freeze the coke first, batter it up. and then deep fry it.

They put batter on the butter before frying it too.

Both of these things are apparently delicious. I refuse to eat them.
    THAT SHOULD NOT WORK. D= Putting coca cola in a deep fryer should not work, and I refuse to believe.

*looks it up*

...D=

...I feel the need to eat an entire celery plant now.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1435

...I feel the need to eat an entire celery plant now.
    Deep fried?
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

On the subject of fried foods, I prefer having chicken, fish, or potatoes fried compared to candy bars and soft drinks. I don't think the people who make those are sane. I also had fried pickles once.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

Deep fried?
    Spoiler
    Show

I've had deep-fried pickles on numerous occasions. I will always get them, given the chance.

Deep Fried chicken is fine too.

But there are some things in this world man was not meant to do, and deep-frying a soft drink is one of them. D:
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-26 at 09:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1438

Spoiler
    Show

[IMG]http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/kerai/1141245793838.jpg[IMG]

I've had deep-fried pickles on numerous occasions. I will always get them, given the chance.

Deep Fried chicken is fine too.

But there are some things in this world man was not meant to do, and deep-frying a soft drink is one of them. D:
    What about mushrooms? They are delicious deep fried too.
    I made comics!
    Spoiler
    Show

[/URL]
    My Awards

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Ogre in the Playground

What about mushrooms? They are delicious deep fried too.
    Are you talking about Portabello mushrooms or one of the smaller varieties in this case? In fact, I know a place that uses a fried portabello to make a burger. And no, the rest of the burgers there are not fried.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

30. - Top - End - #1440

Yeah. Hence the waking up with a pounding heart and gasping for breath.
    Feeling yourself die from a self-stabbing is horrific.
    I could feel myself bleeding internally, and it was making me breathe all gurgly because I think I hit the lung as well, so it was like I was choking on top of it.
    It was so breathless, and all I could feel was tingly warmth - the kin you get when you've been out in a winter gale, and then you're inside and your skin starts warming up again - and liquid inside me that was heavier than rock.

I don't want a dream-death again.
    *Huggleseseseseseseseseseseseses*
    :smallcurledup:

Scotland. Scotland has no point. Scotland needs no point.
    Fixed Meme-ified.

I iust don't get it though. The big thing of deep-frying is that it's massively unhealthy. Why would you do it to vegetables?
    Especially lettuce, since that has to be split up into leaves before being eaten really.

ION: Iust remembered I hadn't mentioned this yet:
    So, morning following the housewarming A couple of friends of... I'm trying to think of a suitable apellation for him other than 'Homoerotic Friend', but that really is by far the most fitting. A couple of friends of Homoerotic Friend from down south decided they were hungry and wanted some sort of fried breakfast. Stuff not available in the house,so we got in the car. Drove to a pub. It was shut. Drove onward, heading in the direction of Central Station. Homoerotic Friend accidentally takes the wrong exit, heading onto the Tyne Bridge. And then... the car runs out of petrol.
    Seriously. Iust onto the Tyne Bridge (Photo for reference), petrol run out. Managed to get the car up half on the pavement, but still half in the road. Fortunately he has a fuel tank in the boot in case of situations such as this, but, not a lot of petrol stations near the Tyne Bridge. So, we leave him with the car, one guy downloads an iphone app which finds petrol stations, and the nearest one we can see is most of the way back to Homoerotic Friend's house. Takes ~30 minutes to get there, ~20 to get back since we were able to skip the 'Wandering around not sure where we're going' step of the iourney going back.
    Cautious putting in the petrol since the place you put the fuel in is on the right side of the car, which is half in the road, which by the way is technically a motorway, with ~50mph oncoming traffic. Put definitely got some in. Back in the car. It won't start.
    Calls the AA. Phone dies. Borrows my phone, calls them again, runs out the 83p credit I had left, but they send someone, we iust have to wait another ~50 minutes.
    I should mention, the whole time we were a bit worried about what if a policeman comes along. Because while Homoerotic Friend was perfectly fine to drive, we weren't sure he'd pass a breathalyser test. Police car pulls up, panic. But he turned out to be nice. Backed up a bit, thus creating a greater obstacle so oncoming cars couldn't cut it quite so close to our car and it was safe enough for us to stand in the road and push it all the way onto the pavement, with which he helped.
    Finally, the AA man turns up. Amusingly we saw him drive by on the other side of the road iust before I got the text claiming he'd turn up in 20 minutes time. Anyway, the problem? Lack of petrol had been the initial issue, but then an hour of having the hazard lights on had run down the battery. Got iump-started and sent on our way.
    Amusing way to start the day. Car sat for better part of two hours by the side of the road on the Tyne Bridge. I'd say cue merciless ribbing, but that actually started much earlier.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."