New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

erm... all you need to use is the Technic Launcher. If the .exe isn't running, then try the .jar.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft Thread X: In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the ... SSSSSSSS

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    Added.
    Thaaank yooooou.

Quote Originally Posted by Saposhiente View Post
    The thing that these would add is the ability to do indirect harm to people in a hard to trace way, and we don't need that.
    Shooting in the dark here, but doesn't Big Brother (or whatever it's called) inform of recent block changes in an area? Any rune-effect would require the placement of a rune, after all. Also, I'm sure there has to be some form of Runecraft-moderating plugin floating around Bukkit...
    Fish.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Bugbear in the Playground

What! No hexes/curses? Goddamnit!
    Also, yeah, can't big brother track runes?
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-08-01 at 04:20 PM.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

4. - Top - End - #874

Well yes, but it doesn't inform of people using the hex and curse runes in their base and then applying them to someone else's. It would detect rightclicking on chests to apply runes on them, but what about putting a damage hex on wheat? Nothing normally happens when you rightclick wheat, so it wouldn't be logged.

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    The overly long monstrosity that is my extended signature lies here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Grue Bait View Post
    Good game, guys. Sapo, you are just too good for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Rainy Knight View Post
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Bugbear in the Playground

We could add a permanent Butterfingers countercurse at spawn? Also, you can restrict who has access to what runes with the Altar of Judgement Rune.
    Last edited by Phhase; 2012-08-01 at 04:24 PM.
    Sometimes, I have strong opinions on seemingly inconsequential matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis21 View Post
    Phhase he played four
    He played nick nack on my door
    With a nick nack paddy whack
    Give a dog a bone
    Phhase came rolling home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventruenox View Post
    You found a way to backstab... with a ballista...

I want to play at your table.
    Spoiler: How to have a Good Idea
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Buy a lava lamp, it more than doubles the rate of good ideas :p
    Better yet, buy this lava lamp.

6. - Top - End - #876

Ugh, no. What did you want to do with them anyway? And once you've said that, what would that accomplish?

Technical Admin of the Minecraft server. Whitelist is here; put your name there and post it in the thread.
    Spoiler
    Show
    And by the way, your puzzle was one of the most interesting ones I've solved in a while. Kudos.

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ettin in the Playground

I would like to join the server, please.

Minecraft name: enderlord99
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

8. - Top - End - #878

nono, only PM me if your post isn't seen.
    Added.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

I just had the most AWESOME experience in MineZ EVER! I was in Grimvale, and this guy attacked me, so I killed him. Then as I was exploring, I saw this one guy sneak attack this other guy (Gamer) so I killed the attacker. Then Gamer and I teamed up and started healing people in the area in the church. Then more people started to join us, and then Gamer asked us if we wanted to help him seek revenge by killing this guy (j00) in Portsmouth.
    I immediately agree. And then everyone in the town agrees too, so about a dozen of us take off towards Portsmouth. We begin calling ourselves The Brotherhood of Revenge (and Sandwiches). Along the long journey, tensions began to arise between some of us party members. KKiller, a veteran of the game with lots of items, wanted to rob the other players across the roads.
    After an argument when he tried to rob another player, he decided it'd be in his best interest to stop (as in, we told him if he killed another guy we would all kill him). Then we continued on our merry, vengeance soaked way.
    Tensions also arose about leadership. Some people wanted me to lead, some people wanted Gamer to lead, and some people wanted KKiller to lead. We ultimately decided that since it was Gamer's vendetta, Gamer would lead.
    Eventually, we arrived in Portsmouth. After fifteen minutes of searching, we realized j00 was long gone.
    We all talked in the church about where we should go next. Everyone decided it was in our best interest to go get some food, then go to Fort Eerie. As soon as we were about to leave, a group of four highly-armed bandits showed up. They decided to leave because there was no way they could kill all of us. We decided to wait in the church until daytime.
    But then, one of the bandits snuck back to Portsmouth and tried to murder one of us who was looting a building. I helped fend her off. We all decided to leave then and there, when suddenly a zombie horde showed up, killing one of our healers (Iris).
    We mourned Iris for a moment, when thankfully (s)he respawned close by the town. We began to head off to find food, when another zombie horde showed up. The horde was extremely large, and killed both Gamer and I. I spawned far off from Portsmouth, and Gamer spawned close by. It was at this point I bid my farewell to the Brotherhood and left the server (but not before giving them a link to this these forums).
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-01 at 05:23 PM.
    Artifical intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerd View Post
    Strike me down and I'll clean the floor faster than you can imagine

10. - Top - End - #880
    Ettin in the Playground

When I try to log on to the server, it says something about a connection being reset.

What version is the server (just to double check)?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon-freak89 View Post
    When I try to log on to the server, it says something about a connection being reset.

What version is the server (just to double check)?
    1.2.5 It takes some time for the necessary plugins to be updated before the server can be.

12. - Top - End - #882
    Halfling in the Playground

Ah. I'm not familiar with hexes or curses, see. Dang, now I wish I hadn't set up shop in Hardcore world. :'c
    Fish.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm sorry if i angered you cstruble with the creeper hunting at your house on the tekkit server, please forgive me if that was why you suddenly logged, i just got distracted by hunting for creepers so i could make dynamite
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

14. - Top - End - #884
    Ettin in the Playground

Maxios, what is this server and how do I join? It sounds quite fun.
    LGBTA+itP

15. - Top - End - #885
    Ettin in the Playground

It sounds fairly interesting to me as well
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ettin in the Playground

It seems to be a zombie apocalypse mod for Minecraft. With accompanying servers.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Ettin in the Playground

Sounds like it could be fun, even more so if it adds any extra weapons to go along such as tnt cannons and wolf or golem armies, and fire.
    Or at least a zombie thigny, but with a game where you can make mountains in mere minutes and craft volcanoes, as i've never been fond of "you cant do anything" plots, though it would be hard to down power miencraft enough to make a "you cant do anything" plot
    Meow(Steam page)

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know I think everything is there, but from what I could find out they made it so nothing but arrows stacks. And did some work on zombies to make them more threatening.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

19. - Top - End - #889
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I don't know I think everything is there, but from what I could find out they made it so nothing but arrows stacks. And did some work on zombies to make them more threatening.
    so no lasers and nukes?, Darn. The idea of slaying armies with uber weapons was the part that sounded fun to me. edit; why would anyone even play it?, from looking at it, at least the information i found, it makes you weaker then in vanila minecraft, by removing auto regen HP and taking away the ability to break or destroy anything, it also uses a set map rather then just normal open world for soem reason
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-02 at 04:10 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

20. - Top - End - #890

So I made some Seven League Boots. After taking off my Boots of Sprinting so I could put them in the Infuser, it was hard to get used to how slow I was. I'm not sure if I'll ever play vanilla Minecraft again.

But now I can jump 7 blocks high! Whee!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Augmental View Post
    So I made some Seven League Boots. After taking off my Boots of Sprinting so I could put them in the Infuser, it was hard to get used to how slow I was. I'm not sure if I'll ever play vanilla Minecraft again.

But now I can jump 7 blocks high! Whee!
    Word of warning, my friend: Thaumcraft2 is not getting updated to 1.3, the developer is working on a successor: Arcanacraft. So until Arcanacraft comes out, I'd stick with 1.2.5.

But yea, the Seven League Boots are made of win. So is the Occultic Enchanter. Pick and choose, no more of this random crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

22. - Top - End - #892
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    I'm sorry if i angered you cstruble with the creeper hunting at your house on the tekkit server, please forgive me if that was why you suddenly logged, i just got distracted by hunting for creepers so i could make dynamite
    um, you didn't anger me. I left because there was stuff I wanted to test in my single player world.

and if anyone is interested

MINECON 2012 Announcement
    Last edited by sentaku; 2012-08-02 at 12:34 PM.

23. - Top - End - #893
    Ogre in the Playground

The MineZ IP:
    us7-public.minez.net

Heav: Got to Portsmouth again, then guy stole my loot, then I killed him, then his buddy killed me. Group of people live there. May or may not hate me now.

If anyone goes on, kill on sight a guy named j00wanna, xxxnathan, and a guy named gummies5.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-02 at 06:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #894
    Ogre in the Playground

so no lasers and nukes?, Darn. The idea of slaying armies with uber weapons was the part that sounded fun to me. edit; why would anyone even play it?, from looking at it, at least the information i found, it makes you weaker then in vanila minecraft, by removing auto regen HP and taking away the ability to break or destroy anything, it also uses a set map rather then just normal open world for soem reason
    I think it is a zombie survival game built in minecraft. Kind of like the dayz mod for ARMA2. Haven't looked into it much/played it.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Ettin in the Playground

Is camping and robbing people in mineZ a viable option even with the inablity to place blocks? In order to get more supplies for yourself. Edit: I ask because it sounds like a pvp game, which has seemed like it could be an interest change of pace
    Last edited by Togath; 2012-08-02 at 07:35 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)

26. - Top - End - #896
    Ogre in the Playground

Is camping and robbing people in mineZ a viable option even with the inablity to place blocks? In order to get more supplies for yourself. Edit: I ask because it sounds like a pvp game, which has seemed like it could be an interest change of pace
    Not really. You can find stuff in chests in towns and ruins. The mod actually has a focus on co-op and working with your buddies. Some people kill everyone else they see, but they tend to die pretty quickly. There's even entire groups of people who roam the world killing bandits.
    Last edited by Maxios; 2012-08-02 at 07:39 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #897
    Ettin in the Playground

Do you think I would fair better on a tekkit pvp server?, Using dagger and dynamite spam if i got cornered
    Meow(Steam page)

28. - Top - End - #898
    Ogre in the Playground

I've never played tekkit, but MineZ is pretty fun.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #899
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    Not really. You can find stuff in chests in towns and ruins. The mod actually has a focus on co-op and working with your buddies. Some people kill everyone else they see, but they tend to die pretty quickly. There's even entire groups of people who roam the world killing bandits.
    Hmm, that suggests to me that raiders/bandits would have to band together themselves if they wanted to operate successfully without dying, and probably would have to keep moving to avoid the hunters after them.

30. - Top - End - #900
    Ogre in the Playground

Some of the raiders do that, but most raiders tend to kill anyone they see; including fellow raiders.
    Spoiler
    Show