New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto V: Eye See Your Sharingan and Raise You a Rinnegan

Quote Originally Posted by Drolyt View Post
    You just aren't trying hard enough.

Seriously though, would you find it odd if a grown adult liked Sesame Street and watched it every day? If so, why? If not, why not? Besides, it is observational fact that younger people find scatological humor funnier. There are other possible explanations for that, but I find it likely that it is simply a matter of maturity.
    Also keep in mind humour is very much also a cultural thing. In Japan it might be that scatalogical humour is more of an ageless thing than the way it is commonly considered in America.

Then again, there's stuff like Family Guy and South Park, so yeah.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    Also keep in mind humour is very much also a cultural thing. In Japan it might be that scatalogical humour is more of an ageless thing than the way it is commonly considered in America.

Then again, there's stuff like Family Guy and South Park, so yeah.
    Replace every instance of "Scatological" with "Fart jokes", and realize how this sounds.

Scatological still sounds disgusting by the way.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    I tried asking this question to a friend in real life, so I'll ask it again here: with the complete assistance of Kurama, will Naruto be able to defeat Sauceboss since his aquisition of the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan?
    Yes. If that's where the arc is going. I suspect not though.

Honestly aside from probably showing up with the plot-no-jutsu to stop Godara is there anything for Sasuke to do. His own arc is just kinda irrelevant and has been for awhile you ask me.

Also, how will a completely unbound Kurama fair in the Leaf Village once the War is over?
    I don't know if completely unbound is the right way to say it, Naruto is basically in control, he's better for Kurama's cooperation, but Kurama is also basically under Naruto's full control or at least containment. Unless I missed something in the middle, but the fox is still in Naruto.

And given that they are going to be in need of a new Hokage there's probably not going to be anyone to do anything about it anyways. Naruto's already pretty much the most powerful guy in the Leaf anyways, probably since mastering Sage mode.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Yes. If that's where the arc is going. I suspect not though.

Honestly aside from probably showing up with the plot-no-jutsu to stop Godara is there anything for Sasuke to do. His own arc is just kinda irrelevant and has been for awhile you ask me.

I don't know if completely unbound is the right way to say it, Naruto is basically in control, he's better for Kurama's cooperation, but Kurama is also basically under Naruto's full control or at least containment. Unless I missed something in the middle, but the fox is still in Naruto.

And given that they are going to be in need of a new Hokage there's probably not going to be anyone to do anything about it anyways. Naruto's already pretty much the most powerful guy in the Leaf anyways, probably since mastering Sage mode.
    Depending on how this resolves, Kakashi would probably be the canidate of choice after Tsunade dies. We know that he kinda maintains the same league as Naruto, but he has the experience, connections, and background to be the next Kage. Especially considering he almost was the Hokage.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

5. - Top - End - #155
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madara View Post
    Depending on how this resolves, Kakashi would probably be the canidate of choice after Tsunade dies. We know that he kinda maintains the same league as Naruto, but he has the experience, connections, and background to be the next Kage. Especially considering he almost was the Hokage.
    True, Naruto may be the ultimate super badass, but he isnt even 20 yet right? Its hard to take an 18 year old seriously as a leader of one of the elemental nations superpowers, no matter how much ass he can kick in a fight. Being kage level in combat ability isnt the only thing that matters. You have to show you have the capability to NOT drive your village into the ground inside of a month because you are a total moron when it comes to politics, economics, and all the thousand and one details that make up keeping your village from grinding to a halt. What capability has naruto ever shown in those areas? Has he even ever been a squad leader yet? I know his mission record is freaking ludicrous, but has he ever actually been in charge?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    I know his mission record is freaking ludicrous, but has he ever actually been in charge?
    Nope!

But wait!

IT GETS EVEN WORSE.

He is still a Genin.

that and Naruto knows pretty much nothing outside of combat. taking down demons, high level ninjas and threats to the world? got that down.
    anything freaking else? useless.

Naruto for Hokage, is like electing the Hulk to run for President.

But then again….

Garra. same age. formerly haunted by demon and former sociopathic murderer. still kinda of an insomniac. seems to be doing fine as Kazekage.

but on the other hand… Garra is sensible.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Gaara also had time growing up to learn how his father did things running the village, despite needing to watch it mostly from a distance due to his father's fear of him.

8. - Top - End - #158

Speaking of garra, I just have to wonder about something that made no sense to me. How the hell could the assassins have failed to kill child garra? Did they REALLY have noone in suna capable of moving FAST in the ninja corp? Or otherwise capable of unleashing an overwhelmingly powerful ninjutsu attack? His sand can be broken through, we see it happen, alot. Rock lee is able to punch and kick through it. Sasuke is able to shove his lightning encrusted fist through, not the usual sand shield, but that ultra strong barrier he had setup so he could transform. Kimmimaru was able to shrug off his sand burial technique, and muscle his way out of the sand coffin. Was there really no ninja in the kazekages command that could do this stuff?

I could understand the first couple failing due to trying stuff like thrown kunai or whatever, but after seeing how it automatically protects him, did it ever occur to the kazekage to send an observer to watch and look for weaknesses like, "Oh, it takes .14 seconds to react to an incoming threat. It never moves faster than that. If we attack faster then we could bypass it." "Oh, his sand shield clearly bowed outwards from the impact of those exploding tags. If we can deliver 2-3x as much force, it should penetrate the barrier and kill him." That sort of thing. Gah, its just so stupid. Child garra had no real ninja training, all he had was his sand, which has weaknesses like anything else. A skilled jounin should have been able to tear his head off before his sand knew to react.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Didn't the 4th Kazekage ordered to seal teh Ichibi in Gaara because the Daimyo of the land of wind was cutting funds for the village? That could mean that Suna's ninja were on decline. And if the fourth was smart, he wouldn't send his top ninja after Gaara after the Yashamaru's fiasco.

Besides the time we see Gaara's sand being bypassed were:

a)by Rock Lee who was moving fast enough that Kakashi needed the Sharingan to keep up with him
    b) By Sasuke who was moving at Lee's speed and used a Lighting based technique (which is strong against earth based techniques) and designed to pierce stuff.
    c)Kimimaro had to use his curse seal (state 1) and make a bone armour below his skin to counter the normal sand burial and he had to go Curse seal level 2 for the Imperial sand burial. And we know Kimimaro's seal was one of the most powerful ones.

So it does makes sense no one could harm Gaara, he sand defence is just that good.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

10. - Top - End - #160
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Perhaps they could indeed have killed Gaara, but it would have required techniques that would escalate the fight to cause massive collateral damage. Gaara was living in the village, after all. For the above examples, Lee was unable to defeat Gaara, and Sasuke managed to wound him once with his best attack. I don't remember Kimimaro's fight, was he able to actually damage Gaara?

Gaara's sand have been shown to be fast enough for Amaterasu, so I think it's supposed to be pretty darn fast.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Gaara also had time growing up to learn how his father did things running the village, despite needing to watch it mostly from a distance due to his father's fear of him.
    in fact I think Gaara might be a better leader than all of the other Kages.

GAARA FOR NINJA KING! no wait thats wrong. GAARA FOR OMNIKAGE!

the world needs a new leader! don't trust in a gambler, or a revenge driven warrior! nor should you put your trust in an old midget past his prime! put your trust in GAARA, a new face for the ninja world for a new age!
    remember his campaign slogan "I hate you all."

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    in fact I think Gaara might be a better leader than all of the other Kages.

GAARA FOR NINJA KING! no wait thats wrong. GAARA FOR OMNIKAGE!

the world needs a new leader! don't trust in a gambler, or a revenge driven warrior! nor should you put your trust in an old midget past his prime! put your trust in GAARA, a new face for the ninja world for a new age!
    remember his campaign slogan "I hate you all."
    So what's the reason for not trusting the Mizukage?

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

……

I don't know….do we know anything about the Mizukage?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Her age. Clearly.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

her being a perv?
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Neither should you trust an old pervert!

Do you want these superpowerful dysfunctional kages ruling the ninja world? I don't think so!
    GAARA FOR OMNIKAGE! LEADERSHIP THAT WILL LAST- AND GROW UP!

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    her being a perv?
    Oh sure we can have a perverted sage; but a Kage? No that is unacceptable.
    Just call me Dusk

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dusk Eclipse View Post
    Oh sure we can have a perverted sage; but a Kage? No that is unacceptable.
    she may be perverted all she likes, but that doesn't mean I trust her. For the record, neither do I trust a perverted sage. He just got helped by a couple of trustworthy toads who at some point vouched for him.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #169

Didn't the 4th Kazekage ordered to seal teh Ichibi in Gaara because the Daimyo of the land of wind was cutting funds for the village? That could mean that Suna's ninja were on decline. And if the fourth was smart, he wouldn't send his top ninja after Gaara after the Yashamaru's fiasco.

Besides the time we see Gaara's sand being bypassed were:

a)by Rock Lee who was moving fast enough that Kakashi needed the Sharingan to keep up with him
    b) By Sasuke who was moving at Lee's speed and used a Lighting based technique (which is strong against earth based techniques) and designed to pierce stuff.
    c)Kimimaro had to use his curse seal (state 1) and make a bone armour below his skin to counter the normal sand burial and he had to go Curse seal level 2 for the Imperial sand burial. And we know Kimimaro's seal was one of the most powerful ones.

So it does makes sense no one could harm Gaara, he sand defence is just that good.
    a) If rock lee was able to out run the sand as a genin, and he is way weaker than his sensei, then gai would have fought like this.

Garra: "You will feed mother!" /blinks, /dissolves into a bloody mist

Gai: "And thats why I wear youthful jumpsuits! Easier to launder after I make my unyouthful opponents explode with pure speed and FLAMES OF YOUUUUUTH!"

Point being, a genin was able to get fast enough to bypass garras sand.

b) Yes, and once again, a genin was able to bypass the sand. Had it been kakashi in that fight, his arm would have been red with garras blood up to the shoulder. Jounin by all definitions of the word should be both faster and stronger, so, why arent any of the sand nins?

c) All true, but not my point. I was just listing all the times that garra, a ninja trained garra, got his sand overcome and defeated in battle. A 6 year old garra should have died easy. The kimmi fight showcased a much more powerful than before garra, with a great deal of control over himself and his sand, and he was nearly helpless against kimmimaru, only kimmi dying of his illness stopped him from stabbing garra through the eyeball with a lance made of bone.

My point is, there are plenty of ways to get past garras sand, many of which dont involve liquidating an entire neighborhood with collateral damage. (That only happens if you take too long) And we see all these things happen after garra is ninja trained, and all except kimmimaru, done by GENIN. Even naruto was able to blast the crap out of garras sand demon form with an exploding note to the butt crack. I mostly ignore that fight since naruto won by kage level reserves, not skill, but there were a few bits that showed yet another genin standing up to garra and putting up a fight. Having an assassin after garra before he gets any ninja training or learns to control his sand? He should be dead.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    a) If rock lee was able to out run the sand as a genin, and he is way weaker than his sensei, then gai would have fought like this.

Garra: "You will feed mother!" /blinks, /dissolves into a bloody mist

Gai: "And thats why I wear youthful jumpsuits! Easier to launder after I make my unyouthful opponents explode with pure speed and FLAMES OF YOUUUUUTH!"

Point being, a genin was able to get fast enough to bypass garras sand.

b) Yes, and once again, a genin was able to bypass the sand. Had it been kakashi in that fight, his arm would have been red with garras blood up to the shoulder. Jounin by all definitions of the word should be both faster and stronger, so, why arent any of the sand nins?

c) All true, but not my point. I was just listing all the times that garra, a ninja trained garra, got his sand overcome and defeated in battle. A 6 year old garra should have died easy. The kimmi fight showcased a much more powerful than before garra, with a great deal of control over himself and his sand, and he was nearly helpless against kimmimaru, only kimmi dying of his illness stopped him from stabbing garra through the eyeball with a lance made of bone.

My point is, there are plenty of ways to get past garras sand, many of which dont involve liquidating an entire neighborhood with collateral damage. (That only happens if you take too long) And we see all these things happen after garra is ninja trained, and all except kimmimaru, done by GENIN. Even naruto was able to blast the crap out of garras sand demon form with an exploding note to the butt crack. I mostly ignore that fight since naruto won by kage level reserves, not skill, but there were a few bits that showed yet another genin standing up to garra and putting up a fight. Having an assassin after garra before he gets any ninja training or learns to control his sand? He should be dead.
    Lee could only outrun Gaara's sand with 3 (4?) gates open and without his weights. Even if he is just a genin, Lee is faster than most ninjas, heck from what we have seen so far only Guy can actually outspeed him physically.

And Naruto managed to blast the Ichibi armour because the sand shield "turned off" while in that form.
    Just call me Dusk

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ettin in the Playground

The whole Gaara thing doesn't make sense...these are the orders of the events.

1) Gaara accidentally hurts other people, but these are simple mistakes for Gaara can't control his own power.
    2) The sand council thinks Gaara is a threat, to prove that Gaara is still the perfect weapon that can be controlled the Fourth Kazekage (Gaara's father) orders Gaara's maternal uncle to attack Gaara, testing whether he will break due to the violence or the psychological damage.
    3) Gaara kills his maternal uncle, gets messed up in his mind, and carves his tattoo in his face with his sand powers.
    4) He then unleashes his tailed beast for he is no longer in control of his emotions.
    5) The fourth kazekage stops the unleashed tailed beast with his gold sand
    6) Seeing Garra as a failure after stopping the tailed beast he then has assassins try to kill Gaara.
    7) Gaara becomes a bloodthirsty cynical monster. This allows Gaara for the most part to control his tailed beast (though Gaara himself is kinda unhinged and dangerous.) The fourth kazekage stops the assassination attempts since he changes his mind and Gaara is a weapon that can be controlled.

Thus the events around Gaara and assassinations don't make sense. After 4 the Kazekage should have killed Gaara for he had to stop a rampaging tailed beast monster that was a threat to his village causing the fourth kazekage to use gold sand. He had the perfect opportunity to kill Garra during step 5.

It makes sense in steps 6 that he didn't risk his life trying to stop Garra so he sent fodder, but he was already risking his life in step 5 to protect the village.

The only way to make sense of this episode was that prior to event 1 to 5 it was only the sand council who wanted to kill Garra and that the fourth kazekage was merely testing Garra. After recovering from event 5 and realizing that the sand council is right that Garra is uncontrollable the fourth kazekage cause step 6 by sending in fodder assassins. He then changes his mind during step 7.

That or the fourth kazekage never wanted to kill Garra at all (it was only Garra who thought the fourth kazekage wanted him dead.) Instead it was the sand council who wanted Garra dead and the fourth kazekage was playing the council sometimes agreeing with them sometimes not agreeing with them in order to shape Garra's personality into a cold and bloodthirsty killing machine which the fourth kazekage hoped to use as his ultimate weapon. In this situation of course the fourth kazekage sent fodder assassins since he really didn't wanted to kill Garra, the council on the other hand didn't want to send a jounin or two to stop Garra since the council is made up of their own jounin and they didn't want to risk their life to stop the one tailed beast.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2012-11-05 at 11:07 AM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Silly rabbit, women aren't allowed to be useful in Naruto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    That or the fourth kazekage never wanted to kill Garra at all (it was only Garra who thought the fourth kazekage wanted him dead.) Instead it was the sand council who wanted Garra dead and the fourth kazekage was playing the council sometimes agreeing with them sometimes not agreeing with them in order to shape Garra's personality into a cold and bloodthirsty killing machine which the fourth kazekage hoped to use as his ultimate weapon. In this situation of course the fourth kazekage sent fodder assassins since he really didn't wanted to kill Garra, the council on the other hand didn't want to send a jounin or two to stop Garra since the council is made up of their own jounin and they didn't want to risk their life to stop the one tailed beast.
    I was thinking it was something like this. Obviously the sand never tried really hard, because Gaara was far from invincible, although after releasing Shukaku he was probably stronger than your average Jounin.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Banned

The whole "Lee was a genin" doesn't matter.
    Lee is a "hardwork genius", considered one of the 4 strongest genin of his year, Genma told Sasuke he was already at chuunin level (so Lee should be as well) and Lee was not only using a kinjutsu against Gaara, he was using it in a level that impressed the hell out of Kakashi.
    Lee is not "just a genin".

24. - Top - End - #174
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Lee could only outrun Gaara's sand with 3 (4?) gates open and without his weights. Even if he is just a genin, Lee is faster than most ninjas, heck from what we have seen so far only Guy can actually outspeed him physically.

And Naruto managed to blast the Ichibi armour because the sand shield "turned off" while in that form.
    One at max. Its not even 100% that he was in the first gate at the time, yeah he used it but his and Gai's philosophy seems to be that its meant for short bursts to help combat the negative effects. Once Lee took off the training weights, he easily outsped the sand. The only reason he even ended up going to the fifth gate is because he wanted to ensure that he'd get past both the sand shield and Gaara's sand armor, not that that worked out for him(keep your eye on your opponent).
    Last edited by Suichimo; 2012-11-06 at 11:47 AM.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suichimo View Post
    One at max. Its not even 100% that he was in the first gate at the time, yeah he used it but his and Gai's philosophy seems to be that its meant for short bursts to help combat the negative effects. Once Lee took off the training weights, he easily outsped the sand. The only reason he even ended up going to the fifth gate is because he wanted to ensure that he'd get past both the sand shield and Gaara's sand armor, not that that worked out for him(keep your eye on your opponent).
    It have been ages since I've read/watch that fight so I wasn't sure. In any case that gives more support to my reasoning of why Gaara couldn't be killed by the Suna-nins. Lee is just that badass.
    Just call me Dusk

26. - Top - End - #176

It have been ages since I've read/watch that fight so I wasn't sure. In any case that gives more support to my reasoning of why Gaara couldn't be killed by the Suna-nins. Lee is just that badass.
    If he had managed to control his bodies reaction while using the lotus on garra, he could have beaten him at one gate. So in other words, it was basically a flinch that made lee have to go all out in his fight. Otherwise he was fighting at maybe 75% of his maximum potential, and he had garra on the ropes. Lee IS that badass, but he is really only badass for a genin. Im fairly sure most of the jounin in konoha could have crushed him in a true deathmatch as of the chunin exams. Kurenai would have had him running face first into every wall in the battlefield, asuma would have likely removed the first limb lee used to block with, counting on his weights to act as armor, gai is just stronger, faster and more skilled than lee, and kakashi has been fighting gai on equal terms since before the series started. They would likely have to take him seriously to do it, but at the end of the day, lee was still just a strong genin.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Banned

This is freaking me out! It's Gaara, not Garra. Garra stands for claw in portuguese so it looks very very weird every time I read it.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    This is freaking me out! It's Gaara, not Garra. Garra stands for claw in portuguese so it looks very very weird every time I read it.
    Feh, well he DOES grow sandy claws when he goes all shukaku on us, so the name fits! And now that I have left you with a half formed additional pun on his identity, I shall take my leave.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    For the record it also stand for claw in spanish and now I can't stop making that connection >_<
    Just call me Dusk

30. - Top - End - #180

New Chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    In this chapter, shuriken do slightly more then they usually do. Minor flesh wounds as opposed to just missing.

Also Guy sensei continues to be awesome, and we STILL don't know why Rin died.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-11-07 at 02:51 AM.