New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: DragonBallITP OOC VI: The Asylum for Omnipotent Nutcases

Well yeah, I first made anti-ki as an attempt to make abyssals from exalted remember? back when I was more stupid and desperate to get an exalted game so I thought "why not just bring Exalted like concepts into Dragon Ball?"

and thus was born Solitus, Shanakan the seer, Luxana, Kurumo, necrotic ki, Tailripper, and my interpretation of Makai and so on. I remember.

my opinion just has nothing to do with actual game decisions, particularly ones I made years ago and now used by other people for their own ideas of how to make a game good. especially since the onlyt hing I ever intended to use by making necrotic ki was an anti super form technique rather than being anti-PL in general. my thought process at the time was "hey I want to play Abyssals but no one wants to play Exalted, lets make this weird dragon ball version since no one really cares its Dragon Ball the setting is soft sci-fi as it gets, and why not crib a little from anima beyond fantasy's Nemesis and give it some anti-super form technique while making necrotic ki itself has no super forms so that it equals out and gives necrotic ki something unique to it to deal with the constant super forms going up. I'm sure if I introduce it slowly nothing will go wrong and I'll figure out the specifics eventually"

then you and Ing just made it straight up anti-magic entirely and now I'm slapping myself in the face for allowing any way to take away my cool ki-based fights. its not the anti-ki itself that I have a problem with, its the effects.

but its too late now. the anti-ki and its effect are too much apart of this continuity, can't retcon it or anything now. might as well play it out and make my own counter-response to it in the form of this:

Spoiler: Batman Cosplay
    Show

A powerful cosplay, one that potentially make the user one of the greatest heroes of all time. However it is a difficult Cosplay to wield well- you are granted all the skills, knowledge and equipment in the world, but its up the wearer of the cosplay to use it all properly as its not a cosplay one can use to simply beat people up. It requires planning, strategy, tactics, the ability to follow Batman's own high standards and his code, and a will to endure Batman's perfectionist obsessive mindset. And if your not mentally strong enough, the Cosplay can consume who you are into itself.

Weaknesses:
    -Superman or Bane Cosplay
    -Attractive People
    -Needing to Kill

Rules of Batman:
    The user of this cosplay cannot use guns, cannot kill and cannot use ki or any form of magic. Any use of ki, magic or guns causes the Cosplay to stop working temporarily. Any breaking of the “shall not kill” rule can cause the cosplay to stop working for you forever or make the user go crazy and start killing everyone they find evil endlessly.

No Magic, No Problem:
    Nothing this Cosplay does detects as magic, ki, psychic abilities, divine energy or any other possible supernatural force, nor anything that cancels any of that out works on this. Why? Because Batman.

Batsy's Broken Brain:
    The toll Batman's one man crusade against evil takes upon his mind is high, and the weight of his legacy can be crushing upon those who don the mantle. Staying the cosplay for too long can make one obsessively perfectionist, unsociable, incredibly paranoid, obsessed with fighting crime to the exclusion of all else, feeling a compulsion to memorize random things just in case they might need to know them,
    bouts of trying to establish pan-surveillance police states to keep watch on everyone, a desire to strike fear into the hearts of criminals, and most terrifying of all the potential death of one's previous identity to the point that their real name becomes “The Batman/The Batwoman.” and their former identity nothing but a mask over the superhero they have become. Wear with caution

All These Wonderful Toys:
    The Batman has a gadget for anything. The user automatically has whatever equipment they need to respond to the situation as if they conjured them. However the person must know which device to use to properly make use of it at the time.

Training Unlimited:
    The Batman has learned all things in his pursuit of justice. The user has access to all the knowledge and training of the world, able to pull out any skill when needed. Holding so much information within one's mind is taxing, and takes willpower to keep it all in their head and quick thinking to access the right information in time.

Batarang:
    The user has a seemingly endlessly supply of batarangs capable of various effects and can throw them expertly.

Grappling Hook:
    Always has a one handy to swing from place to place or other more creative applications.

Bat-Stealth:
    Is so good at being stealthy and undetectable, that the user can vanish entirely even if the person turns away for even a second and remain undetected from seemingly anything.

Bat Stoicism:
    The user is made stoic and unyielding in the face of great peril, crime and injustice, and almost nothing can shake them.

Peak Human Performance:
    The user's body acts as if they are human at peak athletic performance without ki, from strength to reflexes to health to the point of evading bullets. In DB, this is being as strong as Hercule.

Master of Disguise:
    Batman is so good at infiltration that he can disguise himself and act like anyone perfectly. However this can be even more stressful on one's mind as they have to juggle being themselves, the Batman and the person they impersonating all at the same time.

Batsuit Features:
    The Cosplay is Bulletproof, Fireproof, has various visions in its visor including X-ray vision, thermal vision, ultraviolet vision, telescopic vision, microscopic vision, detective mode, internal radio, computer and various other features.

Superstitious and Cowardly Lot:
    The Cosplay's appearance naturally strikes fear into the hearts of evil and criminals, as well makes them believe strange things about the user that they can use to their advantage.

Nothing “Mere” About This Mortal:
    Another psychological effect is making people underestimate the user for being an ordinary person, or having no ki or magic or anything and the cosplay is fact empowered when someone exclaims “they have no powers, what can they possibly do?” or something along those lines so that they can pull off the seemingly impossible, in some cases entering an Ultra-Instinct: Batman mode to pull off what they do.

Ultimate Technique: Just As Planned
    The ultimate ability of any Batman is the ability to plan, analyze his opponent and come up with a way to exploit their weaknesses. With this technique they reveal that they had a plan to defeat their foe all along and that it has finally come to fruition. This technique must connect to earlier actions they have done and cannot be used to pull actions out of nowhere to win-there must be some sort of set up for this technique to play off of.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Well, hmmm.. I actually have planned a soluation for this at Trombone Saga, but it will require to investigate and study the path which Trombone took.
    Spiritual Journey-ish thing.

Again, I am sorry, but I do hope you will enjoy this.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

Ideally, this arc should make anti-ki a minimal factor in future arcs. We can't put that genie back in the bottle, of course, and will probably be an element in future story arcs, but after dealing with the technology at its logical conclusion, and already knowing how it works and how to deal with it, will make it much easier to combat.

Don't worry, my future arcs won't have anti-ki play any significant roles (or...any role, for that matter though that's subject to change.)

Also, Beryl's monologue made me happy for what I have planned.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I want to note I want spam the use of it.
    The Cross Clan and their allies have many other shengians to exploit.

------
    My previouse Avater

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Okay.

Just don't expect Yankar to entirely play ball with the anti-ki business though- he is the type whose reaction to that WILL be "Screw you, I'll just train to power up even when my ki is "nulled"." and just treat it as just another limit to break and succeed at least to some extent because he is just that masterful at using ki and doesn't know how to use anything else. To him, fancy tech is the same as talent: cheap and overcome by pure skill and obsessive dedication. wouldn't give that to anyone else though, he is exceptional in that manner. I mean we're talking about someone who constantly already suppresses his true power with weights and holding back, he is technically USED to breaking that suppression with his daily training.
    (Mostly because in my mind this is how I'd imagine someone like Goku or Jiren would solve the ki-null problem: they're such fighting super geniuses that they overcome it by breaking the limit put upon them rather than working around it, because they've done that their entire lives. keep in mind THIS IS GOKU AND JIREN. the two greatest known ki fighters in the Universes, I doubt lesser fighters could do the same. Jade certainly can't.

also ki null probably wouldn't work on Angels, because I don't think such a thing would be allowed to work them for some mystical divine reason, but thats a different thing, they're not really protagonist/PC material to begin with.)

not that it matters to the current arc- he is currently training on Keldas, trying to achieve a different impossible thing entirely, and the Veru'nas are of no concern to him.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2019-01-31 at 05:49 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Actually this is exactly the sort of thing I am expecting.
    Remember-
    "It's over 9,000!" It's a trope.

It's exactly what make DB fun. All this over the topness. Usually my way is GMing is usually "yes. You can. Sound cool"
    And at worst. "Sound cool. I need to think how to make it work."

------
    My previouse Avater

7. - Top - End - #37
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Oh, Diamond can absorb and integrate technology, right? If I'm remembering that right, then he'd probably have an easy time absorbing the battlesuit/watch thing that Max has handed out to everyone. A lot of the components would be similar to starship tech: shields, laser cannon, inertial dampener, flight system, etc. While none of it is particularly common in the rest of the galaxy (I don't know if any of the ships within the Arcosian Empire even had shield technology, or like, combat capable shields), the parts of it that would stand out most as odd duck tech would be the reactor that powers it (based on Max's dimensional reactor) and the watch storage function (based on capsule corp's capsule tech).

8. - Top - End - #38

Quote Originally Posted by Sagetim View Post
    Oh, Diamond can absorb and integrate technology, right? If I'm remembering that right, then he'd probably have an easy time absorbing the battlesuit/watch thing that Max has handed out to everyone. A lot of the components would be similar to starship tech: shields, laser cannon, inertial dampener, flight system, etc. While none of it is particularly common in the rest of the galaxy (I don't know if any of the ships within the Arcosian Empire even had shield technology, or like, combat capable shields), the parts of it that would stand out most as odd duck tech would be the reactor that powers it (based on Max's dimensional reactor) and the watch storage function (based on capsule corp's capsule tech).
    Diamond's abillity to grow up is derived from a Machine Mutant--Giru's race, from GT.

He basically Super 17'nd himself.

As Machine Mutants have the abillity to absorb metal and technology into themselves to fuel themselves, increase their power, and give themselves new abillities.

Examples include Giru gaining the abillit y to sense the Dragon Balls after absorbing the Dragon Radar(and being able toturn into a dragon radar,) Rildo upgrading himself first by absorbing the remains of his dead minions and then a frackload of metal, Hell Fighter 17 merging with regular17, and in Dragon Ball Heroes Super 17 being able to absorb on seperate occasions 16 and Perfect Cell and later 18.

Diamond can thus grow infintly as long as he has acess to metal or technology.

Diamond doesn't do anything by halves.

Diamond is based on a character whose response to his traumaic chidldhoodwas to build lots and lots of guns and keep them in every room of his house, one under his matress, and one on him at all times. Diamond is not particularly sane.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Wait Crystal Firefly on the Shenron? Wbat are we aiming to.do right now? I am confused.

------
    My previouse Avater

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Wait Crystal Firefly on the Shenron? Wbat are we aiming to.do right now? I am confused.
    I assume wait until Ing declares the Verun'nas ship repaired then we do the thing with them. so until then, train, have conversations and what not. try to have a bit of breather from the rollercoaster over 9000 shenanigans that my sagas usually involve.

the Unkillables are just here because it was the closest ship and they want off Lun-V. this is includes Firefly.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

ehhhh so Crystal Firefly is on our ok book now? just want to make sure I follow

------
    My previouse Avater

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

ehhhh so Crystal Firefly is on our ok book now? just want to make sure I follow
    when was she not? you never fought her.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

No, but other did, and you also said you planned her to be mid finale boss...

mmmmmmmmmmmm,, ok, fine. It seems I haven't missed anything that would make my post too stupid.

------
    My previouse Avater

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Raziere, how much training does the cosplay style reqire?

Mostly imagined Vodkana cosplaying as Sanji.

------
    My previouse Avater

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Raziere, how much training does the cosplay style reqire?

Mostly imagined Vodkana cosplaying as Sanji.
    Depends on what you want to cosplay, how many things you want to cosplay and so on. Referential Cosplay style is kind of one of those martial arts schools that has the potential to spawn numerous schools and subschools within it, developing specific branches and variations upon the same basic concepts much like some real life martial arts did.

so I guess for one cosplay....I don't know, never really thought about it, but if Pinappla is any indication, the style is relatively quick to pick up since technically only a couple days have passed in universe since her introduction.

its mastering the numerous intricacies of various cosplays knowing how to use a lot of them that takes years. its like a weapon: there is the basics of using it to not harm yourself with it and kill other dudes that most people learn and make do with in a short amount of time, and then there is a bunch of advanced intricate tactical stuff that only ever comes up when two swordmasters duel in highly specific circumstances on a fair playing field, which almost never happens because the world is unfair.

as for the specific cosplay itself, I've only ever watched the first half of One Piece once and disliked every minute of it (long story short: I had/have a blog about ranting about it years ago, only go find it if you want to throw away your sanity reading some hate a series you like, lets focus on you, no sorries about bothering me please, its old news, I'm over it.) but from what I can remember Sanji does seem a good choice for her, would enhance her cooking abilities and give her powerful kick based attacks, and even comes with built in weaknesses and limitations like not using your hands for combat and not harming women. so go ahead, it seems like a good choice and I'm happy that you made it since it makes sense for her.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

I enjoy discussinv animes, and not afraid hate rant.
    Well, if you have watched the whole half while hating it, it's impressive.

Mmmm.. just didn't wanted to step of anyone's toes.

------
    My previouse Avater

17. - Top - End - #47

Gonna take me a bit o formulate a response. Schoolwork and Kingdom Hearts are both eating into my free time.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #48

So I just had an idea to troll Perfect Cell Junior using the laws of physics.

Hyper-light drives work by increasing the speed of light in a localized area. Otherwise they do not alter causality or relativity. Ships simply move at 80-90% the speed of light, after it's been altered to 1,000,000x. Making the time-dilating effects that occur, as your speed increases to 1 c, relatively negligible. However if Perfect Cell Junior were to be voluntarily transported to New Plant, using ships whose technology he almost certainly doesn't understand, being from a different universe and all, and the ship were to be traveling at 99.99~% the speed of light, with the hyper-light field increased to only around 10x rather than hundreds of thousands, well, for Perfect Cell Junior, the trip will feel as though it took a few minutes.

In real space, it will take them a week. Potentially even longer.

I can imagine someone doing this if they can get Perfect Cell Junior to promise to cause no harm to their homeworld.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    So I just had an idea to troll Perfect Cell Junior using the laws of physics.

Hyper-light drives work by increasing the speed of light in a localized area. Otherwise they do not alter causality or relativity. Ships simply move at 80-90% the speed of light, after it's been altered to 1,000,000x. Making the time-dilating effects that occur, as your speed increases to 1 c, relatively negligible. However if Perfect Cell Junior were to be voluntarily transported to New Plant, using ships whose technology he almost certainly doesn't understand, being from a different universe and all, and the ship were to be traveling at 99.99~% the speed of light, with the hyper-light field increased to only around 10x rather than hundreds of thousands, well, for Perfect Cell Junior, the trip will feel as though it took a few minutes.

In real space, it will take them a week. Potentially even longer.

I can imagine someone doing this if they can get Perfect Cell Junior to promise to cause no harm to their homeworld.
    Hm.

that might be easier than you think

remember, Cell is the kind of guy who tells Vegeta to hit him as hard as he can, then go on live television to tell the world he will be hosting a tournament. there are rules to how he works, and to a certain extent everything that he does follows those rules. he goals are acquire Keldasian and Tuffle DNA, because hey increased intelligence and eternal battle Improvement thats better than zenkai has got to have SOME use for making him a better battler, right? so he really isn't after the races themselves, he is after their DNA and just has no qualms about absorbing them to do that.

like to me, Cell to some extent truly thinks he is an honorable fighter. he after all thinks he is perfect, he doesn't NEED to trick people or use poison or whatever. sure he convinced Vegeta to let him absorb 18 but to his mind I don't think he really considers that trickery- just exploiting another fighters flaw to let him gain an advantage, he even tells Vegeta that he would crush him if he get the power up and Vegeta allows him to do that.

so to me its perfectly plausible he'd do something like that. sure there is a Freeza part of him thats a sore loser and probably start blowing up planets out of spite or something, but the fact remains that when he is secure he thinks he is an honorable but arrogant martial artist just like all the rest and that blowing up planets is just the high stakes game he plays as if he is some space martial artist version of Saw or something.

point is, his internal logic works with that.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

are you ok with me roleplaying Dishanna or Spoon, or these scenes are unroleplayable?
    I am fine both ways.

------
    My previouse Avater

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

are you ok with me roleplaying Dishanna or Spoon, or these scenes are unroleplayable?
    I am fine both ways.
    Sure, go ahead. these scenes are just to like show that Solitus isn't doing nothing even if he isn't spending his time wisely, but this will set up various divine weapons he can use to like make a fight against his forces more exciting. this is literally the divine arsenal of Heaven, there has got to something in here that can help him.

22. - Top - End - #52

RedWizardGuy

And now that they're heading to the time chamber, Max has the opportunity to answer oxy's question of "You did What to the Earth?"

23. - Top - End - #53

You skipped over a whole bunch of stuff--so far all Oxy's done is offer and hand to Fries so he can get a ride back to the rest of the group.

He hasn't actually gone back yet.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #54

RedWizardGuy

oh? Yeah, I'll edit my post then. I felt like I was probably skipping something, but figured if I was it'd get pointed out here. And it did. So I'll edit.

edit: Oh, I see what I did there. I misread his talking as telepathy.
    Last edited by Sagetim; 2019-02-07 at 03:51 PM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Also Igor, how did Snap get on the Arclight? It's currently hiding in a heavily populated star-system an indeterminate number of light-years away.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I have built it up for some posts, I just assumed Apfel didn't wanted to show he recognize Snap.
    He jumped from the planet to the Veruniaan ship before it teleported.
    Even refrences video of how Saitama jumped from the moon to earth.

We can ban that, if you preffer not to involve Snap there.

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #57

Rater, i'm pretty sure that the meeting with Kurumo is tomorrow, ingame, not two days.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

I have built it up for some posts, I just assumed Apfel didn't wanted to show he recognize Snap.

Ing sama? just want to wanted something to do with Snap, that all

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    Rater, i'm pretty sure that the meeting with Kurumo is tomorrow, ingame, not two days.
    I did say less than two days.

I'm still not 100% certain what's going on at this point. I just know that Oxy's 100% sure that once he leaves the chamber he won't get a second chance to get backin.

Also, suddenly running into someone who dwarfs his power significantly may have shaken his confidence in being able to murder Kurumo and Solitus.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Ing Sama? Just let me know

------
    My previouse Avater