New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General Exalted Discussion V: Our Armies are Pants

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki Akuma View Post
    He could still move his eyes. And talk. That comic is pretty stupid if you actually think about it. (How was he breathing? There's no air there...)
    In fact, there being no air in elsewhere is a key point in an Alchemical Protocol (elsewhere evoking asana I think) which allows it to be fatal to non-alchemicals.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

The Daystar articles actually have a relatively detailed description of the Sun's path from morning to evening. I can't remember if it said it goes Elsewhere after its journey, or whether it travels through the Wyld at night. I know that it starts off the morning in the Wyld, and actually travels through the Elemental Pole of Wood, setting it ablaze, which creates the sunrise colors.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, our armies are pants. That is unquestionable.

But what kind of pants? If we march into the Realm at the head of a legion of tie-die bell bottoms, they're going to think we're a pride parade.

So! I have combed the books for the most mystical of pants, and I have found the solution. Gentlemen?

Moonsilver Pantaloons.

We animate them, slap an essence cannon or two on, and we have an army that can both conquer and give our enemy's wives the best sex of their lives.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    If we march into the Realm at the head of a legion of tie-die bell bottoms, they're going to think we're a pride parade.
    I don't have a problem with this.
    (And Starmetal is basically metallic tie-dye anyway =P)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
    I raise:

Orichalcum Hammerpants
    Quote Originally Posted by Deophaun View Post
    It doesn't so much as demean the celestial monkey's existence, so much as fulfill it. Without the ability to be summoned to set off traps, retrieve objects from dangerous situations, and all and all be a party's guinea pig, the Celestial Monkey would languish in obscurity in the MM and do nothing more legendary than eat celestial bananas.
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I don't have a problem with this.
    (And Starmetal is basically metallic tie-dye anyway =P)
    Agreed. Anyway, it's exalted. Everyone is bi anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    Except Kes and his wife.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

If I recall, Sol automatically gets 10 threshold successes on any roll to be the uke.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

If I recall, Sol automatically gets 10 threshold successes on any roll to be the uke.
    He always seemed more like a Seme to me. Always the Take Charge type, and what have you.

And just so you know you actually distracted me into taking the seme uke quiz while confirming I wasn't misremembering terms, so to you.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

He always seemed more like a Seme to me. Always the Take Charge type, and what have you.
    How could that possibly be, when he gets so many successes on being an uke? I bet he could beat out Szoreny, and that's saying something.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Misleading since he gets so many successes for anything he tries.
    BEEP.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Misleading since he gets so many successes for anything he tries.
    On a similar note, he also gets a ludicrous amount of successes on prayer rolls to the Yozi. No other being can match the sheer amount of expertise he can use in supplication to the Yozi. If there's two things Sol is good at, it's submissive homosexuality and demon worship.

And that is why Ignis Divine is my favorite deity.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

He's also great at petting tiny demon bunnies. Another one of your interests I believe.
    BEEP.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

He's also great at petting tiny demon bunnies. Another one of your interests I believe.
    Yes, this completes my perfect trifecta.

15. - Top - End - #75

He gets ten threshold successes if he spends a Willpower. That is to say, tries really damn hard at it.

Otherwise, the Charm is just a really, really good universal Second Excellency.
    Awesome Cyborg Doom Monkey avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins. Offer up your robo-bananas to him.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Oh and a question about Lunars. Since Flowing Body Evasion has a duration of one action as opposed to instant like most perfect defenses does it last until the end of the action that attacked you? Which would mean that it dodges everything in a flurry, or is that just a typo on their part and I'm missing errata.
    Last edited by Geigan; 2011-05-19 at 09:53 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
    Oh and a question about Lunars. Since Flowing Body Evasion has a duration of one action as opposed to instant like most perfect defenses does it last until the end of the action that attacked you? Which would mean that it dodges everything in a flurry, or is that just a typo on their part and I'm missing errata.
    That there was a mistake. Its duration is instant. Read errata more. Its free.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2011-05-19 at 09:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    That there was a mistake. Its duration is instant. Read errata more. Its free.
    Thank you, I thought that was fishy, and also is that really their only perfect defense?
    Last edited by Geigan; 2011-05-19 at 10:01 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

They have a perfect parry. It starts off as a shield other type thing and then they can buy a charm to make it applicable to self.
    BEEP.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'd like a bit of advice concerning Green Sun Princes and one of the Deathlords.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll post more information in the writeup for my campaign journal, but for now, let it be known that my PCs are gunning for the Bull of the North. As such, they decided to start off by ensuring that neither the Haltans nor the Linowan would side with him in the event of a battle, nor provide his army aid.

Following that, the PCs moved northeast into the territory of the Tear-Eater barbarians, who were swayed by the Lover Clad in the Raiment of Tears into ancestor-worship. They intended on turning the barbarians there into a force to rally against the Bull. However, the Tear-Eaters explained that "She Who Must Be Obeyed" must first be consulted; eventually, the PCs got an audience with her, and while the Bull of the North is an annoyance to her, she wanted to know more about the PCs in particular before assigning any of her assets to anything.

Considering that she could steamroll the PCs in social combat, they relented to her questioning, admitting that they were Exalts, one of whom specifically had a vendetta against Yurgen Kaneko. Essence sight allowed her to spot the Yozi taint, but she didn't comment on it.

They came to an agreement: that she would permit them the use of her barbarians, and that in turn, the circle would spend the time and effort after the battle to convert any survivors to ancestor-worship. Another part of the agreement was that she and her Abyssal (who was present) wouldn't go blabbing the PCs' nature to anyone.

Now, here comes the tricksy part. The PCs intend on leaving no survivors. I'm sure a being as intelligent as a Deathlord would probably have considered such an option, though I hadn't at the time.

With that in mind, how can she ensure that she comes out ahead in this deal?

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

They have a perfect parry. It starts off as a shield other type thing and then they can buy a charm to make it applicable to self.
    There's also a strength based perfect parry by the Ink Monkeys called... Beast Spirit Defense.

I'd link, but the exalted wiki is blocked on my school net.

Also, @Xefas: (pets, worships and submits)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

22. - Top - End - #82

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard;11029479Now, here comes the tricksy part. The PCs intend on [I
    leaving no survivors[/I]. I'm sure a being as intelligent as a Deathlord would probably have considered such an option, though I hadn't at the time.

With that in mind, how can she ensure that she comes out ahead in this deal?
    I don't get it; doesn't "everyone is dead" count as a win for a Deathlord anyway? Or "everyone is undead" works?
    If a tree falls in the forest and the PCs aren't around to hear it... what do I roll to see how loud it is?

Is 3.5 a fried-egg, chili-chutney sandwich?

23. - Top - End - #83

if leaving no survivors involves killing enough people in a harsh enough manner, it can result in a nice little shadowland which I am sure the deathlord would love to make good use of.
    Remember: Hope springs eternal. The dark days will pass and the sun will shine again.

The best way to learn something is to ask, so ask without shame.

Many thanks to smuchmuch for the awesome Ponytar.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

It's quality versus quantity. Ancestor worship increases the power level of ghosts you do have, plus they get cooler equipment over time. Killing everyone produces more ghosts, but they are not gonna be very effective because they are not supported by the living, and they might enter Lethe or Oblivion instead.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

25. - Top - End - #85

Cheat.

Just wait until your players are done, and go "AH HA, the Lover predicted you would do this bizarrely specific thing, so she is going to blow up Gem/kill you with sex/buy some nice throw rugs/attack Lookshy/commit slightly more heinous acts then her previous heinous acts to further her nefarious plans!"

26. - Top - End - #86
    Firbolg in the Playground

As to why it matters that the PCs intend on taking no prisoners, well...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    It's quality versus quantity. Ancestor worship increases the power level of ghosts you do have, plus they get cooler equipment over time.
    This. That, and she's the Lover Clad in Raiment of Tears. There's gotta be something both interesting and horrifyingly-perverted that will come of this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Killing everyone produces more ghosts, but they are not gonna be very effective because they are not supported by the living, and they might enter Lethe or Oblivion instead.
    Barring the right necromantic spell, that is...
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2011-05-20 at 08:00 AM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Also note that their borrowed horde will likely know of the plan and potentially refuse to kill any of the Bull's army that surrenders or doesn't fight. Problem solved?

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Have her/a minion swoop in at the last second, and take the Bull away. Now, she'll have captured another Solar, plus with enough death a new shadowland has formed. Double Win!
    He fears his fate too much, and his reward is small, who will not put it to the touch, to win or lose it all.
    -James Graham, 1st Marquess of Montrose
    Satomi by Elagune

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

I'd set it up so that yes, she knew they'd try to block her plans by killing everyone, and yes, this plays into her actual plans to create a shadowland, and yes, she will now be releasing stage 2 of her plan which may involve in some way the PC's death (up to you).

I do favor capturing the Bull in some way and trying to Abyssalize him, as Tavar said. I also think given her frequent use of magitech that you might want to have her just waiting to grab the resulting ghosts for soulsteel for some new project too horrible to contemplate (ignoring for the moment the fact you've got an infernal). YMMV, but I favor a "gift" (not necessarily to be presented/delivered as such) to the Bodhisattva which will allow her to seize control of his precious skullstone and wipe it out in a last orgy of wanton sex and carnage, because I like playing up the deathlord's pettiness and infighting.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90

Okay, so for some reason, I've been thinking of how one could make Exalted versions of the different strains of GUILT. I mean, how cool would it be to have arrows laced with parasites that will shred your organs or systematically tunnel through them. I wonder if meschlum could figure out how to do that...
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King;
    Hydrogen Dioxide! It kills more people than ANYTHING ELSE! Billions are CHRONICALLY ADDICTED to it!

INCLUDING BABIES! THINK OF THE BABIES!
    Currently not doing any Let's Plays or AARs or anything, on account of being a lazy git. I'll get around to it eventually. Really.